First Car

  • Thread starter Thread starter COskibum00
  • 30 comments
  • 1,479 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
3
:crazy: I just erased my complete game after 30% finished. I want to start over... and it got me thinking... Which car would you start with if you had to do it over, starting with the stock dollar figure etc.

Thanks, and cheers.
 
Id start over with the licence cars just like I did this time.
 
Yeah, I made the same mistake, I was at 46%. :indiff: I used the licence cars as well, either the Nismo 270R or the Gran Turismo Skyline until I had enough for a used Supra RZ and an R34 from Nissan. ;)
 
By license car, you mean by getting the drivers licenses? i.e. the prize cars?
 
If you have GT3 data to upload, get either the HPA Motorsports car (in tuner village) or any Skyline R34.
 
COskibum00
By license car, you mean by getting the drivers licenses? i.e. the prize cars?
Yes. :) You get the Nismo 270R just for getting your International A, and in my opinion that's a very good car to start with.
 
That makes the most sense... then if the cars you win getting the drivers licenses are good enough to beat the Costa D'Amalfi rally multiple times and sell the prize for cash, then you'd soon have enough cash to do just about anything you want until you hit 25% and open up the "unlimited cash source" of the 200Mile ElCapitan. That should be the easiest path back to your lost 30%.
 
do the license tests. sell the cars you win. get enough money to get a m-spec r34 nur skyline. that car is all you need
 
Do the license tests and keep the cars, some of them come will come in handy later. Plus the Nismo 240R is a really good car to start off with. It can be entered into quite a lot of races and will last you a while if you are going with the minimal car buying strategy.
 
Crash852
Do the license tests and keep the cars, some of them come will come in handy later. Plus the Nismo 240R is a really good car to start off with. It can be entered into quite a lot of races and will last you a while if you are going with the minimal car buying strategy.

Yes but what if he wanted to start out racing the races that don't require a license? That is no licenses until they are required. In that case a used Miata would be a good bet. Or one of the cheap Skylines.
 
okay so which car would you get like bigjoe said... if you didn't want to do the license tests...
 
I would buy a second hand Lancer or Impreza - preferably with only 10km on the clock.
 
it's a great idea to use the prize cars from license tests, in my opinion.
 
well he obviously doesnt want to use the license cars, so whatever.

i'd upload 100,000 from gt3 and buy an m3, but thats just my crazy ass

if you dont have gt3, buy a used silvia
 
I doubt you'll be able to find an Evo or STi for less than 10k.
I would go with a Silvia or AE86.
 
the best thing you can do, if you can upload the 100k, but a GT-R R32, mod it, you will have a 5-600hp powerhouse for 100k, that will get you done with a good 15 percent. If not, buy a Galant VR4, Evolution 1 or II, FC3S, Old Celica All Trac.....all i can think of
 
gee i dont know what i'd do. i started with a civic sir2 this time, maybe i'd do the licence and get a lupo this time???
 
It depends on what your goal is.
Do you want to not spend any money?
do you want to buy all cars?
do you want to A-Spec the whole game?
do you want to aim for 100k a-spec points?

Each of those goals require a different strategy in regards to how many cars you buy and how much you spend on mods. I chose to do the first and got to 75% spending only 200k. You can read the details here

Part I: 0 to 25% on 4k credits https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64368
Part II: 25-50% on 50k credits https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=66151
Part III: 50 -75% on 160k credits https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67134
 
^^^shameless plug. :lol:

I personally think you should go for the slowest car possible that you can enter in the most races and tune the most. A Miata would be perfect... plus, lightly modified, it'll allow you to do one of the enduros off the bat.
 
niky
^^^shameless plug. :lol:

I personally think you should go for the slowest car possible that you can enter in the most races and tune the most. A Miata would be perfect... plus, lightly modified, it'll allow you to do one of the enduros off the bat.

You have to get to 25% before you can start the enduro.
 
Uncle Harry
You have to get to 25% before you can start the enduro.

yeah but "off the bat" means something totally different in the phillipines. it means once you have completed 3 twelfths of a given exercise. ;)
 
:lol: ...stop pooping on me, guys... :lol: ...off the bat for me personally means "before 50%".
 
My weapons of choice are the Ginetta G4 and the Suzuki S2. Given that, I'd start with something that can win both of them; the Suzuki Alto Works.
That, or some licence cars.

What I actually did was ported over some cash from GT3 and started collecting MkII Supras right away. Gotta catch 'em all.
 
...which is why GT4 outsold the latest Pokemon... thank god. :lol:
 
i knowi restarted after buying the Audi auto union car just to find out i can only use it in power & speed

i hate how it save when you get in a car
 
toke81
well he obviously doesnt want to use the license cars, so whatever.

i'd upload 100,000 from gt3 and buy an m3, but thats just my crazy ass

if you dont have gt3, buy a used silvia


Id do as this good man says! its also how i started my GT4 game and i dont think i could have made a better choice (cue list of better cars). Its a cracking car and is one of the best cars in the game to attack the nurburgring with.

Or you can take this one step further and sell some license cars, just remember you cannot get them again, and buy a M3 CSL :) You will not regret it!
 
recently ive decided to restart my game because quite frankly im sick of having every single car ever in the garage and so much money. for a challenge, ive decided that im gonna take one of my favourite cars, the honda integra type-r, and see how far i can get with it into the game. i think thats a challenge worth doing because its driver skill that comes into play.
 
I started my game in totaly alternative way:
1- Passed licenses domestic B & A.
2- Sold the Lupo that came with domestic B.
3- Kept the Pontiac and I win Sunday Cup and FF chalenge with it.
4- Get 100.000Cr for having a Gt3 save file. :dopey:
5- Bought a 350Z Gt4 limited edition. :sly:
6- Tuned up the 350Z to 450cv.
7- I won All Japan Championship with the 350Z. The prize car in this event is a Fairlady Z Race Car(770cv) :)
8-I won Z club at Nissan events.
9- These wore my 1st steps in Gt4.

If I hace something writen in the wrong way tell me so I can correct it.
Am I a lit bit off topic :sick: ?????
 
3- Kept the Pontiac and I WON Sunday Cup and FF chalenge with it.
9- These WERE my 1st steps in Gt4.

sorry just had to, LOL. and no your not off topic, just contributing what you did. it depends whether the guy wants to start off with lots of money and cars, or take the hard route and start with little money and one car. personally, id choose the latter.
 
Yeah I used the Pontiac for few of the first races to.....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back