First Footage of GT Sport's New Kyoto Driving Park — and a Tour of the Single Player Mode

Four years of development for this:
upload_2017-7-29_11-16-38.png

Four years of development for this:
View attachment 663831

BB Raceway is just as bland.

21.jpg

Then you have the simple ovals and pretty bland dirt tracks.

As I said in my other post, it seems pretty clear they've quickly cobbled a lot of these fictional tracks together because they're so far behind on development of the proper real world tracks.

Worst track lineup in any full GT game, easily. Even GT1 is better when you consider it was their first game with much lower budget and staff and the fictional tracks at least had imagination, unlike these vanilla track-by-numbers things. They have no excuse for this, just woefully slow as usual.

Don't forget: 7-77.

Wasn't the whole point of that slogan that anyone can drive any car on any track, no matter the skill? That driving is easy? Not that they've only included baby tracks to suit beginners only.

Oh boy seeing this makes me blush with embarrassment in their place. Real pity but this will be the first GT game i wont be buying.

The newcomers should be thrown into the green hell, Nordschleife, in the beginning?
That's not something that I would advocate but if that's what you want, you are entitled to your opinions.

They should get you head of the team since you know more about Kaz how long it takes to make a track on GTsport :D

It's not so much about how long it takes to make a track in GTsport but how long it takes to make a track.

PC2 had less time to develop the game and have added lots of new, real world, accurate tracks to their game. GTS didn't add a single new real world track to the game. And no one can say that a fantasy track takes more time to develop than a real world circuit. :)

Yep, PC2 was mentioned again in a GT thread. :)

Edit: GTS has 1 new track... Maggiore. Well... 1.

Last edited:
Imo there will be updates through GTS lifespan, so we might see added cars and tracks. I mean in this modern day of gaming no way they won't do patch/version updates to fix some bugs and improving game features while adding content as well, especially since this game is going to be focus on online aspects so there should be an updates nonetheless.

I'm fully aware most of us here were heartbroken by lot of unfulfilled promises and slow response from PD, but this time I guess they started to change and listening to people as from what happened in closed beta progresses. I admit it is not a bizarre and quick change from them, but at least it isn't a quiet and passive PD back in PS3 era. I just hope that they can sort out the offline aspect on GTS or give another solution that might work to some people and also to long time GT fans.

It's not so much about how long it takes to make a track in GTsport but how long it takes to make a track.

PC2 had less time to develop the game and have added lots of new, real world, accurate tracks to their game. GTS didn't add a single new real world track to the game. And no one can say that a fantasy track takes more time to develop than a real world circuit. :)

Yep, PC2 was mentioned again in a GT thread. :)
As I recall, PC 2 is the result of a job that started with PC 1 and that is, 6 years ago, to get what's inside the game.
You make the wrong comparison because you do not consider many things ;).

And I'm not even talking about the technical divide that divides the 2 productions.

They should get you head of the team since you know more about Kaz how long it takes to make a track on GTsport :D
With a functionally unlimited budget compared to most games in the genre, a large and recently expanded flagship development studio and four years to do it?

Probably wouldn't be impossible for someone else.

As I recall, PC 2 is the result of a job that started with PC 1 and that is, 6 years ago, to get what's inside the game.

And I'm not even talking about the technical divide that divides the 2 productions.

Are you implying that SMS had all the new real world scanned locations already done when they launched PC1? All 20 of them?

GTsport had at least 4 years. Zero new real world tracks. Well maybe Tokyo Expressway...if you consider that a real world track.

Right, and of course this is PDs first ever game isn't it? No. The results of GTS are down to their choices and planning, nobody else.

Imo there will be updates through GTS lifespan, so we might see added cars and tracks. I mean in this modern day of gaming no way they won't do patch/version updates to fix some bugs and improving game features while adding content as well, especially since this game is going to be focus on online aspects so there should be an updates nonetheless.

I'm fully aware most of us here were heartbroken by lot of unfulfilled promises and slow response from PD, but this time I guess they started to change and listening to people as from what happened in closed beta progresses. I admit it is not a bizarre and quick change from them, but at least it isn't a quiet and passive PD back in PS3 era. I just hope that they can sort out the offline aspect on GTS or give another solution that might work to some people and also to long time GT fans.
If PD is finally listening, can you point me towards the legions of fans they listened to who called for the elimination of the offline career portion of the game and to make the racing portion of the game almost entirely online, outside of the usual arcade mode? It's pretty clear they aren't listening to the fans in the bigger picture and are actually going their own way. I'm not saying that's either good or bad, just calling a spade a spade. I don't see any major unexpected changes in the beta, just minor tweaks to what they were already doing anyway. Don't know if it'll be forced on in the release version of the game like it was in the beta, but many would consider the introduction of the hidden "hand of God" aid, a major step backwards.

Did you consider the difference in budgets between the two games? The difference in the size of the development teams? The difference in one being an AAA studio and the other independent? The sheer volume of tracks produced by SMS? The fact that they added more tracks as DLC since 2015 + new tracks for PCARS2, than the entirety of the GTS track list?

Not considering many things indeed.

The "Let's see you do better!" argument is one of the weakest ones you could have used.
If we talk about absolutisms it means he would manage the team better.

The weak argument is its because it is based on nothing and can not know the timing for doing a track X.

People like me who buy a game because of the circuits, tend to think that this game are poor.
Wish that one was the first page of 7,,, and Pikes, Isle of Man and many others of GT4,5 e 6 appears on one of the pages.
Already now, the Fiat Dino 2400 in Forza, and Seattle Circuit in GT4.

Did you consider the difference in budgets between the two games? The difference in the size of the development teams? The difference in one being an AAA studio and the other independent? The sheer volume of tracks produced by SMS? The fact that they added more tracks as DLC since 2015 + new tracks for PCARS2, than the entirety of the GTS track list?

Not considering many things indeed.
The difference in budget is seen among the 2 products at the technical level or does it mean that the technical part should not be considered in this pseudo comparison? According to you to develop everything from scratch with that quality is simple?
And incidentally, the PDs are 200 employees and the Slightly Mad Studios are over 170 so they have an almost equal work force.

The facts are other and not as simple as you paint them or others who do this kind of comparison;).

In my opinion, if the PD recycled all the GT6 material, it would not be good anyway because many would be unhappy to see many recycled tracks not at the level of those reworked from zero XD

If PD is finally listening, can you point me towards the legions of fans they listened to who called for the elimination of the offline career portion of the game and to make the racing portion of the game almost entirely online, outside of the usual arcade mode? It's pretty clear they aren't listening to the fans in the bigger picture and are actually going their own way. I'm not saying that's either good or bad, just calling a spade a spade. I don't see any major unexpected changes in the beta, just minor tweaks to what they were already doing anyway. Don't know if it'll be forced on in the release version of the game like it was in the beta, but many would consider the introduction of the hidden "hand of God" aid, a major step backwards.

If I clarify my statement as I said it isn't bizarre/big changes on how PD react and taking lots of request and suggestions, as from seen how physics works in GTS beta that already explained many times on specific thread here.

However, imo PD did listen a bit by do small changes on sound, graphics and other small fixes, especially camera settings which is surprising to most of us here and gain some positive notes. I admit it is simply baby steps compared to other devs give what they offer to their customers, but I'm glad that PD finally isn't as stubborn and being deaf like in the past.

At least that is what I feel and see from how beta progresses. For now I can only hope for the best to all of us until GTS is out on shelf. Tbh, I'm also slightly concerned with the offline aspect after see a bunch of recent footage and how most of us react to it, but I'm still hoping PD have any answer for us after or just before release to make things clear.

Back