First Gran Turismo Sport Live Event of 2019 Set for Paris March 14–18

So, make it Tyre wear: 43x, 44x or 46x. Tyre wear: High, medium, low. How many players need hours of practice to determine that tyre wear? I'd wager more strategy is involved, if it were words over numbers.

I don't understand the question. The multiplier gives you a reference point, categories of high medium and low where the actual multipliers are hidden and can change race to race do not.

You need a reference point given that there are so many discrete wear rates in the game.

Last edited:
Maybe the next update should just have tyre wear as standard, I imagine it would be easy for them to do that. I'd prefer no tyre wear at all, ever, but as they seem really keen on it they may as well just implement it full time.

I'm a little confused, the article/event says it's from the 14th to the 18th, but the actual racing is only on the 16th and 17th. What's happening today tomorrow and Monday?

45x just means it wears faster than 1x. I don't thionk players need to SEE 1x or 45x. If it reads "high degradation", you know tyres will wear fast. For the sake of space in the info, why then have 1-10x in the game and 1-45x in the FIA races? Just label it 10x.

Players definitely need to see it if they want to get actual practice. Unless you just want people not to know on purpose and have them expect 10x instead of 45x, then see them end the race with 0% rubber left because they killed a quarter of their tyre life in 2 corners at the start.

Also 45x is just plain stupid, so yeah we want to know that, because if you just give us "high degradation", we're going to assume the game is bugged with tyres going so fast.

Greetings from Paris!

I've already seen lots of familiar faces around the lobby while I was checking in. The sense of "family" at these events really is amazing... Be sure to say hello if you see me around (or @Famine, who's arriving later).

Greetings from Paris!

I've already seen lots of familiar faces around the lobby while I was checking in. The sense of "family" at these events really is amazing... Be sure to say hello if you see me around (or @Famine, who's arriving later).
Cheers!

Lots of guys checking in now.

Notice the prominent “Toyota” sponsorship on the official banners this year...

66C3A3A9-7A1E-4C7D-AC42-6C55DD9B7890.jpeg
BAE28E74-E197-40CB-B902-AE6B91E0E077.jpeg

High chance. They've done Gr.B on Red Bull once.

I actually enjoy the GR B when paired with the right courses. Usually anything with rideable curbs are a blast as the car's traction can really take advantage of them and tactically widen the course quite drastically. Big Willow and the short version of Brand's Hatch work very well with GR B.

I don't understand the question. The multiplier gives you a reference point, categories of high medium and low where the actual multipliers are hidden and can change race to race do not.

You need a reference point given that there are so many discrete wear rates in the game.
There is now "question" to understand. I already said replace the numbers with words. It's only tyre wear.

Players definitely need to see it if they want to get actual practice. Unless you just want people not to know on purpose and have them expect 10x instead of 45x, then see them end the race with 0% rubber left because they killed a quarter of their tyre life in 2 corners at the start.

Also 45x is just plain stupid, so yeah we want to know that, because if you just give us "high degradation", we're going to assume the game is bugged with tyres going so fast.
You don't "need" the multiplier. If you never looked at the multiplier and used HUD "Off", One could race by feel.

Don't know how "we're" going to think the wear rate is bugged.

Anyway, let's enjoy this news by Jordan and look ahead to seeing a new track and good racing.

There is now "question" to understand. I already said replace the numbers with words. It's only tyre wear.

You don't "need" the multiplier. If you never looked at the multiplier and used HUD "Off", One could race by feel.

Don't know how "we're" going to think the wear rate is bugged.

Anyway, let's enjoy this news by Jordan and look ahead to seeing a new track and good racing.

The point of having a numeral multiplier is because it signifies very specifically how many times faster the tires wear over normal (or “real”) wear rates. “High, medium, low, real” schemes are too vague for proper strategization - if you don’t have a specific idea of what the wear means or how fast it is going into a race, you can’t strategize. You can just make a shot in the dark and just hope you chose an okay strategy.

Last edited:
The point of having a numeral multiplier is because it signifies very specifically how many times faster the tires wear over normal (or “real”) wear rates. “High, medium, low, real” schemes are too vague for proper strategization - if you don’t have a specific idea of what the wear means or how fast it is going into a race, you can’t strategize. You can just make a shot in the dark and just hope you chose an okay strategy.
It's still not needed. If I jump in a race and my tyres wear on whatever compound, how ever long they last, I have my data. Those tyres, on that surface, last me X# of laps.

Your last sentence is part of that. Some people vary with driving ability. Some can stretch a tyre beyond what others can. The Daily Races are an example. Some can calculate, others just Race, others just want to know how long each compound lasts. Simple.

Back