First Gran Turismo Sport Live Event of 2019 Set for Paris March 14–18

I thought Saturdays event was really good! Great racing, the event moved at a good pace, presenting and commentary were excellent, some of the interviews were a bit..clunky, but that's ok, I guess esports, especially racing esport, has to overcome that image of it being "just a game".

The mad lad did it again despite a very unsmooth looking lap;

Actually want to root for this guy now, if the curse could just leave him alone for one night we might see him actually be rewarded for his stellar pace and consistent pole runs.

I think that lap was almost a whole Rally event there.

New engine sounds on the X2014, or is it the normal sound of the competitive X2014 version?

If what I've seen is true, it's gonna be overwhelmingly difficult to qualify for the world tour events, and only marginally "easier" to make the world final for Nations Cup. Yikes.

How S.ARAI (chatora73, click to see kudosprime profile) managed to get invited for the Manufacturer event yesterday? I thought there were only the best drivers of the world in these events...

Last edited:
New engine sounds on the X2014, or is it the normal sound of the competitive X2014 version?

Definitely has to be the base sound of the X2014 Competition. Even lists the car as such in the first five seconds of the video too.

The mad lad did it again despite a very unsmooth looking lap;

Actually want to root for this guy now, if the curse could just leave him alone for one night we might see him actually be rewarded for his stellar pace and consistent pole runs.

I notice the 'Suggested Gear' assist is not in this video. Will we finally be able to switch it off soon?

What a lap that was for commitment.

New Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta
D12O_7fW0AA6eNN.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats to team Aston. Really enjoyable and close Manufacturers event with more teams in play this time. You couldn't predict a winner and with the Aston not being the easiest car to win in it was all the more deserved.

Sometimes the racing was incredibly close. I had to pause and gawp at this for a few seconds to get my head round it, similar to the battle at Tokyo Expressway with cars milliseconds apart.

kj5JY5L.jpg
I was also impressed by Nissan despite the setbacks managing to pull it back and finish 2nd overall.

!!!!!!NEW FERRARI NEW FERRARI NEW FERRARI NEW FERRARI!!!!!

Ok, that's my day sorted then. Possibly coming in the end of March update alonside the new SF cars, or more likely the April update right?

Last edited:
Back