First in game look at "standard" cars in Granturismo 6

Yeah, looks like most standards woll be exactly the same as before. Too bad they didn't atleast outsource smoothing them a little and upscaling textures.
But I still prefer to have them as standards than not having them at all.

Yeah, looks like most standards woll be exactly the same as before. Too bad they didn't atleast outsource smoothing them a little and upscaling textures.
But I still prefer to have them as standards than not having them at all.
I would be satisfied with the 400 premiums already, and prefer not to have PS2 era models screwing up my immersion in a 2013 game.

For example the 500 cars in FM4 are more than enough to satisfy everyone's taste, it's just a matter of having a good diverse car selection.

ps: thanks for kicking us out of the europa league this year, still waiting on Sobota to break through ;)

I understand your point, but I love weird cars. Without cars like Audi Quattro, TVR V8S, Isuzu Bellett GT-R or RUF 3400s this game wouldn't be that fun for me. Plus, I don't care about interiors.

PS: I couldn't care less about our lousy footballers, especially those in national team ;)

To put this more in context, GT games hype has always exceeded the result. This is where surprises get muted, but that's not to say there aren't great things... But more times than not people are like "interesting, they did that in a strange way" vs other products that go for the "finally! The feature we have all been looking forward to has finally arrived and it's what we expected".

There have been many "moon rover" type things that make us go "wtf?! Don't get me wrong but..." In the GT series.

Before GT PSP, when did hype ever exceed the result? Fine if you don't want to count the first, but GT2, 3, and 4 stood up to the hype quite well. They're fantastic games and I don't think any of us would disagree. But just because PD's last two efforts were poor, we're rewriting history...

Tbh I would be very satisfied if they did something as simple as smoothing out the rough edges. I can't find any jaggies in the shots of the Tacoma and Axela.

The most importante things is the driving physics, because in gt5 standards were easier and less interesting to drive compared to premium, I hope physic will be the same for all cars...

buf4.jpg

The rear spoiler and bumper on the Axela look pretty rough to me. I don't think they changed the mesh. Not sure about the textures, though.

So because someone didn't mention standards at all, and that confirms that standards are not very well done? Can you please give us your thoughts on the Course Maker, Car Customization, new tire and suspension modeling that also weren't mentioned? What about the 1190 cars he didn't drive, any reviews?

I prefered Helen Mirren!

I thought the quick standards update would be about inserting joints (sorry for my limited English - the space between doors and body for example). GT5 standards would reflect lights as if their body was a big, smooth surface. I thought updating the alpha channel for tricky shadows or just doing some bmp magic was going to fix it.

Maybe it's just me , but the standards felt different, thr driving feeling is different, less accurate, the car feel arcade,but as I said maybe it's just me

The fact they look the same as GT5 does not surprise me.. I didn't have my hopes up for them, but meh.. doesn't exactly bother me a great deal. I hardly used the standards anyway but there were good ones.

They are same :-( I think tesselation won't apply to standards, because highest poly model will be PS2 low-poly quality. But I really don't mind - PS4 is out, GT6P/GT7 is on the way.

Yeah don't see much difference there, All that's left is curse the man who introduced Standards to GT games, Damn you kevin Butler damn you.

idk If anyone noticed but you can see through the standards' windows now.
It's hard to see if the actual quality improved, but from what I remember, the Tacoma was one of the lowest quality of standards in gt5. It looks very improved but I can't say that's a fact...

Before GT PSP, when did hype ever exceed the result? Fine if you don't want to count the first, but GT2, 3, and 4 stood up to the hype quite well. They're fantastic games and I don't think any of us would disagree. But just because PD's last two efforts were poor, we're rewriting history...

I suppose to each, his own. But for example I was floored when I couldn't upgrade any car to a race car in GT 2... This broke the core game loop that hooked and immersed me, making GT 2 feel like just a "toy box" of cars... And it didn't return till 5 and it was understated. I realize that's just me (?) but it set the trend. So like I said, to each his own.

Back