First in game look at "standard" cars in Granturismo 6

GT6_TacomaStandard_zps02413587.jpg

Still no reflective side mirrors. Very Shameful.

Don't listen to him, he just wants to jump into conclusions.
I'm not jumping to conclusions at all. One can easily see no reflective side mirrors in both my images and in CoolColJ's images.

Here is another image from behind. If there were reflective side mirrors on that Tacoma the FR-S would've be visible in them.

GT6_TacomaMirrors_zps0ba0c7a4.jpg

Last edited:
Nitpicking? Perhaps. But I find it rather odd that a mirror has no reflection.
Well it's something I can live without if it's means the car itself along with all the other standards look better.
Saying that, if you look at the image of the Axela and zoom in it looks like there is reflection in that mirror.

You can't. In that shot, the mirrors would probably be reflecting the dark interior of a "standard" car/truck.

That's not possible. There are no real reflections in Gran Turismo 6 (or any other racing game for now) instead it's used cubic mapping techniques and an "additional view" for mirrors from the cockpit view.

In order to the cars could be reflected, it would be used ray tracing techniques or similar approaches.

From the new screenshots of the cars, the Lotus looks standard to me. The chrome bumper is just a rendered texture in the car model itselfs instead of a modelled bumper into the car model. The headlights too, are to undetailed for a premium, isn't it ? Or is it a In-betweeny subpremium car ?

Lotus_Europa_S2_68_01-640x360.jpg

LOL :lol:

That crave video looks like it has the best footage of a standard so far. It's hard to tell if they improved anything, but I'm still hoping!

Last edited:
Didn't really look too bad...I don't think anyone can really say until its on our TVs. But, for what its worth, I bet the trucks would be the last of the vehicles PD would worry about

The standar Mazda Axela in the vid.

standarGT6.png
Double post sorry...don't know how to combine them on my phone. Anyways, looks OK as well but there is a little bit of ugly up on the right hand side of the spoiler...

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to believe there just has to be some sort indicator that tells someone they are choosing a standard car over a premium. A 'P', something in the car description, something. Not sure if there will be visual cues unless it's super obvious.

If you want to play in the cockpit view, the scenario will be, choose a car, load the race, find out if car has a standard/or no cockpit, exit, load, choose next car. Rinse, repeat. This is what PD is thinking? Really?

I want to believe there just has to be some sort indicator that tells someone they are choosing a standard car over a premium. A 'P', something in the car description, something. Not sure if there will be visual cues unless it's super obvious.

If you want to play in the cockpit view, the scenario will be, choose a car, load the race, find out if car has a standard/or no cockpit, exit, load, choose next car. Rinse, repeat. This is what PD is thinking? Really?

I would be really happy if they look so good that we can't tell them apart. :lol:

Last edited:
It hadn't really occurred to me, but the screen in that new image is so bright, it almost looks like they're racing in snow. Which reminds me of rallying in snow in GT5, which was much easier than on gravel! I'm hoping this is fixed so that it's more like rally racing in GT4 and other games.

Probably more due to the lighting on the camera filming the TV the game was on. But the desert can get pretty bright. The southern parts of Utah are a good example of this.

Haha omg! So what if there isn't any reflection? Talk about nitpicking :banghead:
It's serious business, just like stationary mud flaps (oh that thread killed me), we must complain about small compulsive nuances. :dopey::crazy:

Now if it was lack of PD being up to date with what many other sims do and the fact that they have the talent to be at the forefront (reflective mirrors in your opponents car wont do it, as you said), then that is a reason to critique and be hard on PD.

Nitpicking? Perhaps. But I find it rather odd that a mirror has no reflection.

If you look at the Axela, you can see a hint of silver. Considering all the screens on this page were of a camera-man zooming in at a TV in a shaded area of the room to the past the point on the camera where you'd get the best resolution, it's pretty hard to make a claim one way or the other.

A photo of the game is completely different than a photo captured in the game itself, so the inherent quality of the potential shot is diminished. There's also the reflectiveness of the TV screen on the camera lens, and the fact that that portion of the video is just drowned in a blue hue; it'd naturally be almost impossible to see the blue reflection of the FR-S or the pickup.

Frankly, even if they aren't at the level of premiums in GT5, they're stupidly better in comparison with the standards in GT5, which weren't that bad in my book if you just played the actual game instead of simply spending your time staring at the cars in the garage try to pick out if the car was modeled properly (because we all have TONS of experience in 3D modeling).

From the new screenshots of the cars, the Lotus looks standard to me. The chrome bumper is just a rendered texture in the car model itselfs instead of a modelled bumper into the car model. The headlights too, are to undetailed for a premium, isn't it ?

The headlights are really that plain/ugly; any quick Google search on the Europa will reveal this. As far as the bumper, I'd say it's modeled fairly well; the angle that the screen capture of the Europa in-game could have been better to display the bumper properly, rather than it being a near head-on shot which means the bumper projects itself as a 2D image instead of a 3D one.

Back