FITT American Classics Shootout - Winners announced! Congrats NEWDRIVER2 and Motor City Hami!

tested both my cars after patch, the GT40 was un-phased if anything it's a little faster now, but my C3 is a little off, seems more slide happy than prior. maybe I'm just remembering wrong. Anyone else had theirs cars not work correctly?

I couldn't say. My GT40 is not too different from before, that is, if it is different at all. I have a GT350R tune (top secret) that I could test also.

Yeah it seems to be "random" on the cars some are affected some are not. I need to test more cars to find out if there is a type of car that was affected or if they changed somthing in the game engine in such away some cars show the effects more.

I´ve changed the BB of my mustang after 1.04, it´s now BB 9/10 the older one 1/1 was prejudicating a lot the braking distance.
Only for testers that still not test my car. For the others, who did it before 1.04, 1/1 was OK of course.
Thanks

gwl1.jpg

I had to update the stingray as well it was several seconds slower than prior. tune link is updated here. Basics Rear dampers and ARB stiffined and LSD adjusted.
If anyone has built but not tested please update. if you tested the car prior to the 1.04 update your ok.

Last edited:
Yeah i'm not fussed, its more about the fun of tuning than the prize (which is nothing but bragging rights anyway lol). I say leave everything as it is and move on to the next challenge

too late to update now. We all submitted before update 1.04 so all cars are on an even playing field.
For the rest nothing change but brakes change a lot .
So... we are updating tunes after a tuner challenge deadline? I don't think it works that way? There was a deadline and it is passed.
I don´t want to update any tune. My BB 1/1 is not braking at all and on this track it represent a lot of time. I don´t see any problem if testers don´t have to drive again because of this.
I will not present any tune prejudicated by an update. If PD would have change all the physics , we would have to do another shootout. In this case, it´s only brakes.

Sooo, there was last page said 'no retunes' and testing begun, but as I look up on this page, it seems people made changes?

I dont care, mines still the same as it was last saturday, before the update. And honestly, my cars fine. Im more concerned with testing. If something is quirky about my car from the update, at least so is everyone else's lol.
I thought they started monday morning?
I just want this done so we can tally up, smile, and plan our next one. :)

I left the oridginal tune in place just added the changed settings in different color due to the physics changes on the game. Testers can still use the submitted tune from prior to the dead line.

I pulled the settings from the post as to prevent any additional chance of a test driver getting the changes.

Has this ever happened in a FITT challenge a physics update during the testing phase of the challenge?

Last edited:
The last update change the brakes totally and only this. My car with 1/1 brake balance is loosing a lot of his braking distance capacity due to this.
It´s not exctly a new tune, but ok,if it´s a problem for someone, let´s run like this , i don´t mind.

Like I said, my opinion is that I dont care, lol.
my viewpoint was that I would like to see this moving along. im not alone on that viewpoint at all.

Its all in the testers hands :)

I'm not going to change my tune - what's done is done. With 27 cars to test I don't want to make the testers' job any harder :lol:

I'm not going to change my tune - what's done is done. With 27 cars to test I don't want to make the testers' job any harder :lol:
Nobody is talking about testing again,who test before 1.04 would not have to test again and who don´t have test yet could easily change the BB of the tune.....................
OK forget this everybody.

the 1.04 update affected some cars, not all of them, and not all settings on a car where affected. Priano's brakes are no longer working correctly, on my vette it drives like it's on ice, anyone that hasn't tested it will suffer a poor driving experience. I dunno if any of the other cars changed, and if they did who knows if the change will even be noticeable.
I understand where Priano is coming from not trying to improve his tune post submission just getting it back to where it was prior to the update.

I understand where Priano is coming from not trying to improve his tune post submission just getting it back to where it was prior to the update.

My point is that we should put in a request to the host of the competition and wait for his reply before changing any tune. @DigitalBaka can make a decision and allow for all tuners to check their tunes and resubmit. We should not be making any changes without the hosts approval. I don't have an opinion either way on whether we should or should not make changes. I just believe that we need approval from the host before just doing it ourselves.

My point is that we should put in a request to the host of the competition and wait for his reply before changing any tune. @DigitalBaka can make a decision and allow for all tuners to check their tunes and resubmit. We should not be making any changes without the hosts approval. I don't have an opinion either way on whether we should or should not make changes. I just believe that we need approval from the host before just doing it ourselves.
Very good point, didn't think that one through as well as I should have.
And they updated again....

Nobody is talking about testing again,who test before 1.04 would not have to test again and who don´t have test yet could easily change the BB of the tune.....................
OK forget this everybody.

Don't get me wrong I wasn't having a go at people who were changing! Lets just wait and see what DigitalBaka says :)

I thought I had already? Perhaps I was a bit vague.

Since the consensus seems to be that the cars are not greatly affected across the board I would like for all tunes to stay as submitted.

Apologies if this causes issues for some. I certainly don't want to put anyone at a disadvantage intentionally. However with all the changes that have already been made I'd like to keep anything further to a minimum. Thanks for understanding. :cheers:

Ok, i think my car can make good even with no brakes and against GT40 (super car muscle), let see what happen, good luck to the testers.

@DigitalBaka sounds good sorrry for not reading through the thread first and jumping the gun a bit.
I did identifiy my tune problem. I left SRF enabled after working on the seasonal's when I did my final tune over haul.... :dunce::dunce::dunce:🤬🤬
So uh yeah tuner error not the game. I feel like a nit wit right now. :scared:

Internet cookie to @Otaliema for use of the phrase "nit wit". :lol:

@praiano63 I expect you will blow us all away anyway, even if we take away all of your forward gears.

Hmmm....that gives me an idea.... :mischievous:

Technically it can be beaten but it will take a very good tune on another car to beat it. The GT40 is a MR car the rest are FR, The lighter front end allows for better rotation of the car. it's the only american super car with a MR set up. It's one of the reasons that american car companys have been lagging behind in the super car world. only the independent manufactures make MR cars in the states.

I don't have The '66 Mark 1 GT 40 but considering it is a non-production Ford Racing built race car going up against classic street cars. It should have no trouble setting the fastest laps.:lol:

Results are in for the both groups. All cars tested for 10 laps, with a DS3 (pad not stick), Auto Transmission, all aids off except driving line and ABS 1.

Results in time order.

Super Group

@Motor City Hami - Ford GT40 Mark 1 '66
Time - 1:33:572
DC - 10
Wow. 10 consistent laps of perfection. Good speed, good grip, good turn in and rotation. Only disappointment (with myself), was not getting into the 32's, as I think it's more than capable. Bravo sir.

@MrGrado - Ford GT40 Mark 1 '66
Time - 1:33:838
DC - 9.5
Was expecting to struggle with this one with there being no aero and quite high (for me) LSD figures, but boy was I wrong. Great balance to the tune made it easy all the way thorugh the corner. Tail can step out if you're on the power too early, but great car. Well done.

@iainoflo85 - Ford GT40 Mark 1 '66
Time - 1:34:176
DC - 9.5
This car loves you to be on the throttle. Excellent grip throughout the track. Good turn in and rotation. Struggled with one corner though, the sharp left hander before the uphill section to the corkscrew. Excellent tune.

@ACSR421 - Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 '69
Time - 1:34:935
DC - 9
Very nice car to drive. Easy to get on and stay on the power. Good through the corners. Would maybe benefit from better brakes.

@Otaliema - Ford GT40 Mark 1 '66
Time - 1:35:817
DC - 6
Way too loose and unpredictable for me. Understeer and oversteer both present. Good under braking. Difficult to get the power on.

@JackWilson - Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 '69
Time - 1:35:886
DC - 8
Good solid tune. Rear can get a little excited if you try to get on the power too early. Very consisent lap times.

@praiano63 - Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
Time - 1:36:147
DC - 8
This car does exactly what you want it to. You'll need to make allowances for the brakes, but figure that out and you'll be richly rewarded. Very good through the corners and easy to get the power on.

@donpost - Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78
Time - 1:36:268
DC - 8
Very enjoyable car to drive. Stable under braking, good through the corners. Can't remember the rear ever braking loose. Good effort.

@ugabugaz - Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
Time - 1:36:613
DC - 7.5
Struggled with the oversteer here. Good turn in made corner entry very easy, but difficult to get out quickly. Stable under braking.

@xande1959 - Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
Time - 1:37:190
DC - 7
Easy to get the power down. Good turn in but a bit of understeer on corner exit. Seemed to lack a bit of pace.

@BlueShift - Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C3) '69
Time - 1:38:121
DC - 5
This car likes to drift, a lot! Unfortunatley drifting doesn't lend well to fast lap times when in my hands. Wheel users will give better lap times.

Standard Group

Theo777 - Chevrolet Nova SS '70
Time - 1:37:865
DC - 10
Lovely car to drive. Predictable and fast. Stable under braking, good through the corners and easy to get the power down. Well done.

Motor City Hami - Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70
Time - 1:38:253
DC - 8.5
Well balanced car and if you can hit your lines, you'll be rewarded. Not a lot of room for error though, and didn't seem to like 1st gear. Good turn in and good rotation. Stable under braking.

PKS 80 - Shelby GT350R '65
Time - 1:38:463
DC - 9
A good solid tune. A bit oversteery maybe, but good effort.

NEWDRIVER2 - Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70
Time - 1:38:673
DC - 8.5
Good balance on this tune. Good turn in with a hint of oversteer. Easy to manage though. Good grip through the corner. Good effort.

Voodoovaj - Dodge Challenger R/T '70
Time - 1:38:706
DC - 8
Good turn in, good rotation. Coped well with the corkscrew and easy to catch any oversteer that presented itself.

Snake55wildcat - Mercury Cougar XR-7 '67
Time - 1:38:712
DC - 7.5
Very stable car. Good turn in, throttle control needed though as the oversteer can catch you out.

demonchilde - Chevrolet Camaro SS '69
Time - 1:38:730
DC - 7
Was a tad oversteery for me. Quite difficult to get the power down. Relatively stable under braking. Better throttle control will provide a decent lap time.

JackWilson - Dodge Challenger R/T '70
Time - 1:38:779
DC - 6
Quite easy to cook the tyres. Not easy to catch the oversteer either. Having said that, when you get the throttle control and corner entry right, it flows quite nicely.

XDesperado67 - Chevrolet El Camino SS 396 '67
Time - 1:38:905
DC - 7
Throttle control definately the key here, but manageable enough with a pad. Easy corner entry and good rotation.

DolHaus - Chevrolet Nova SS '70
Time - 1:38:929
DC - 7
I'll start with apologies. Couldn't put a lap together to save my life. However, the car was good, although lacked a little grip maybe, making it slower through the corners. Good effort.

jtqmopar - Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70
Time - 1:38:987
DC - 7
Had some grip issues here. Predictable under braking but seemed to lose it mid to exit of the corners.

ugabugaz -Chevrolet El Camino SS 396 '67
Time - 1:39:048
DC - 7.5
Stable under braking. Maybe I was a little over cautious with the throttle, and felt i'd left a bit of time on the track. Couldn't put a decent lap together. My issue rather than anything to do with the car. Good effort.

Otaliema -Chevrolet Corvette Stingray L46 350 (C3) '69
Time - 1:39:247
DC - 5
Struggled to get a decent lap together. It can be done, but will take more skill than i've got with the pad. Too unpredictable for me, with understeer and oversteer both present. Will no doubt be good with a wheel.

BlueShift - Shelby GT350 '65
Time - 1:39:479
DC - 6
Car has potential, just need to dial out the oversteer. Good effort though.

krenkme - Plymouth Superbird '70
Time - 1:39:836
DC - 6
Nice and steady is the order of the day if you want to get round in one piece. Hits lap times unfortunatley.

DaBomm4 - Plymouth Superbird '70
Time - 1:414:253
DC - 5
Found it relatively easy to get on the power. Suffered lots of understeer though. Once you figure out your lines, a quite pleasant drive.

Last edited:
@biffa3 good job.👍👍
Was a bit concerned when I saw you were using pad instead of stick on DS3, but your time was very close to what I get so hats off to you and your driving skills.:cheers:

You forgot me?!?!?!? Lol, I'm forgotten :(

Well, good luck to me tomorrow I guess, lol.

But honestly, good work man. Good results. I will tell you, of all the cars I tested, I had the stingray picked as fastest, I really thought I was going to see that higher on the list.

Back