FITT: Blind Tuning Challenge! Congrats to Bowtie-muscle & Otaliema! Tuners Revealed!!

If there was a button that could translate my actual real life driving skills on snow, into the game tunes, I would be an expert among experts.
So once again I wake up with today off from work, and am I relaxing? nope. I live in the north east, and we have been getting killed with snow these last 2 months.
grrrrr

If there was a button that could translate my actual real life driving skills on snow, into the game tunes, I would be an expert among experts.
So once again I wake up with today off from work, and am I relaxing? nope. I live in the north east, and we have been getting killed with snow these last 2 months.
grrrrr
Where's the dislike button so I can dislike with you the fact you guys are getting all our snow this year.

Right before dead line :lol:

As promise I gave another try to the duel setups.
For this new times I only run 5 laps for each setup (6 for 2 of them tuner 2 and tuner 11). For the last review I had run 10 laps on each tuners. That could explain why some of the times are not better than the first results.

The Duel new laps times
Tuner #1
Time – 1:11:120
Tuner #2
Time – 1:12:680
Tuner #3
Time – 1:11:621
Tuner #4
Time – 1:11:604
Tuner #5
Time – 1:11:913
Tuner #6
Time – 1:11:845
Tuner #7
Time – 1:11:006
Tuner #8
Time – 1:12:481
Tuner #9
Time – 1:12:010
Tuner #10
Time – 1:11:070
Tuner #11
Time – 1:13:158

mgo
Right before dead line :lol:

As promise I gave another try to the duel setups.
For this new times I only run 5 laps for each setup (6 for 2 of them tuner 2 and tuner 11). For the last review I had run 10 laps on each tuners. That could explain why some of the times are not better than the first results.

The Duel new laps times
Tuner #1
Time – 1:11:120
Tuner #2
Time – 1:12:680
Tuner #3
Time – 1:11:621
Tuner #4
Time – 1:11:604
Tuner #5
Time – 1:11:913
Tuner #6
Time – 1:11:845
Tuner #7
Time – 1:11:006
Tuner #8
Time – 1:12:481
Tuner #9
Time – 1:12:010
Tuner #10
Time – 1:11:070
Tuner #11
Time – 1:13:158
Thank you for rechecking, but I guess I sure have been more clear. You only really needed to recheck Tune #2. But, I do appreciate the time and effort of rechecking them all.

@Otaliema please do not update the times just yet until I get back to you on it. Thank you.

You only really needed to recheck Tune #2. But, I do appreciate the time and effort of rechecking them all.

I thought it would be fair to check them all again. :cheers:
Also I came up with a new way 💡 to do it and had a brand new car for each tune. For that I use a sav on usb that I will for now dedicated to that kind of work. So I bought 11 cars :P set them and run the test same conditions for every tuners. 👍

@Bowtie-muscle @mgo
times input and updated. No change in the podium, but it got a lot closer
GVE R Lap Time Podium
1 Tuner #4 1:10.922 +0.000
2 Tuner #10 1:10.938 +0.016
3 Tuner #7 1:11.045 +0.123
4 Tuner #9 1:11.154 +0.232
5 Tuner #3 1:11.173 +0.251

Drivers Choice Podium
1 Tuner #4 8.8
2 Tuner #7 8.7
3 Tuner #3 8.6
4 Tuner #9 8.6
5 Tuner #6 8.6

Fastest Lap at GVE R
1:10.018; Tuner #1's tune Driven By Macdog54

I have been running myself crazy this week. between weather/snow issues, roof leaking issues, car wipers and then battery issues, and overtime for the last 5 weeks at work, I am fighting to even get enough sleep in, let alone anything else.
I have had 3 chances to sit down for like an hour these past 4 days, and all three my daughter was hogging my PS3 for netflix anime's.
If a miracle happens, and I get a few hours in the morning, I will finnish up and organize it all. I am not leaning to that being a good possibility, but maybe.
So if you have to end it, go ahead. my results really arent any different from what I have seen so far anyways. What I will do if that happens, is post it sometime n3xt week just for sh**s and giggles.
But we will see in the morning how big my list of honey-dos is.

I have been running myself crazy this week. between weather/snow issues, roof leaking issues, car wipers and then battery issues, and overtime for the last 5 weeks at work, I am fighting to even get enough sleep in, let alone anything else.
I have had 3 chances to sit down for like an hour these past 4 days, and all three my daughter was hogging my PS3 for netflix anime's.
If a miracle happens, and I get a few hours in the morning, I will finnish up and organize it all. I am not leaning to that being a good possibility, but maybe.
So if you have to end it, go ahead. my results really arent any different from what I have seen so far anyways. What I will do if that happens, is post it sometime n3xt week just for sh**s and giggles.
But we will see in the morning how big my list of honey-dos is.
See what happens, the deadline is the deadline, will not end it early.

And a happy wife is a happy life.:sly:

I hope this doesn't mess up stuff, but I'm halfway done testing the time attack cars and would like to have them submitted mid/late Sunday (central time). If it is an inconvenience then I'll just take my time with these awesome cars as a learning experience. Either way these racers are great!!!! 👍
Unless there are any objections from anyone else, myself and @Bowtie-muscle have no problem with extending the deadline, it would be a shame for the effort to go to waste 👍
Welcome to FITT :gtpflag:

I hope this doesn't mess up stuff, but I'm halfway done testing the time attack cars and would like to have them submitted mid/late Sunday (central time). If it is an inconvenience then I'll just take my time with these awesome cars as a learning experience. Either way these racers are great!!!! 👍
I will add you to the testing sheet tomorrow night Looking forward to hearing what you thought of the cars. And might want to pester your dad for some tips on who might be who :lol:

Just a rough guess on when you will need 'til, mid/late Sunday?

Well this takes a little weight off my shoulders^^
Still crossing fingers.
If it's 'squeezing it in' then I will just put it off. wouldn't be fair to those I'm done with if I hussled through who's left. I know nothing is getting done before bed tonight/after work, I am tired and my ass is going to bed.
As long as I wake up before my daughter does, I should be good ^^

^^
images-jpg.281456

GT300 Time Attack
Blind Tuner Challenge

Track:
Tsukuba

Car(s):
Lexus IS350 GT300 Base Model '08
Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission
Grip set to Real

Tuner 1 BRZ
Time: 0:55.210
DC Score: 8.0
This car can handle like it is on a rail, the only trouble is that you have to put it there. The car will fly, but you need to be really smooth. If not, it tends to push thru the center and can snap loose on exit.

Tuner 2 IS350
Time: 0:55.868
DC Score: 8.5
This tune was frustrating.:mad: It would push on entry, and break loose on exit (at lower speeds). If not careful you would diamond every corner. Changing my line helped, but generally when you have multiple/opposing issues, you tackle them in the order you encounter them. If the tuner fixes the tight condition on entry, I think it would almost eliminate the loose on exit because your corner speed would be greater. Do that and this car would be up there.

Tuner 3 BRZ
Time: 0:55.381
DC Score: 7.5
This tune was a little awkward.:boggled: The fastest way for me was to slide down into the corner, wait, watch it rotate, and then nail the throttle on exit...praying that the rear end doesn't slide out on you. Not a lot of room to be aggressive with this car.

Tuner 4 IS350
Time: 0:55.329
DC Score: 9.5
The tuner did a lot to keep the rear in check and you can see the struggle, but 9/10 the rear will stay under you. Because of this, it was a little snug, but fun to drive and I spent a lot of time roasting the outside front on exit, but as mentioned, the rear had loads of traction. This amount of grip only brings 1 tuner to mind...:mischievous:

Tuner 5 BRZ
Time: 0:54.925
Brilliant tune! The gear changes were quick and precise. Very easy to predict and keep up with. The only struggle was a little loose on exit, a little fine adjustment on that and it's a perfect car for this track.:bowdown:

Tuner 6 BRZ
Time: 0:55.063
DC Score: 9.0
A great drive and the gears were responsive. The issue with this one came at mid corner. If you weren't giving it some sort of throttle input, the rotation was not there and you would slide up the track and off your line. I struggled using "X" as my go fast pedal, but still a good tune.

Tuner 7 IS350
Time: 0:55.744
The gear box killed my time using an automatic on corner exit. If you took the corner too slow, the rear would slide out, if you did accomplish faster speeds, it would bog down, almost hesitate, before speeding up.

Great job to all the tuners. If I sounded a little harsh on your car, it was only because I had to nit-pick because they were all fast and well tuned. Again, every tuner put out a car that was faster than my quick setup.

Edit:
Link to my guesses

Last edited:
GT300 Time Attack
Blind Tuner Challenge

Track:
Tsukuba

Car(s):

Driving Options

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission
Grip set to Real

Tuner 1 BRZ
This car can handle like it is on a rail, the only trouble is that you have to put it there. The car will fly, but you need to be really smooth. If not, it tends to push thru the center and can snap loose on exit.

Tuner 2 IS350
This tune was frustrating.:mad: It would push on entry, and break loose on exit (at lower speeds). If not careful you would diamond every corner. Changing my line helped, but generally when you have multiple/opposing issues, you tackle them in the order you encounter them. If the tuner fixes the tight condition on entry, I think it would almost eliminate the loose on exit because your corner speed would be greater. Do that and this car would be up there.

Tuner 3 BRZ
This tune was a little awkward.:boggled: The fastest way for me was to slide down into the corner, wait, watch it rotate, and then nail the throttle on exit...praying that the rear end doesn't slide out on you. Not a lot of room to be aggressive with this car.

Tuner 4 IS350
The tuner did a lot to keep the rear in check and you can see the struggle, but 9/10 the rear will stay under you. Because of this, it was a little snug, but fun to drive and I spent a lot of time roasting the outside front on exit, but as mentioned, the rear had loads of traction. This amount of grip only brings 1 tuner to mind...:mischievous:

Tuner 5 BRZ
Brilliant tune! The gear changes were quick and precise. Very easy to predict and keep up with. The only struggle was a little loose on exit, a little fine adjustment on that and it's a perfect car for this track.:bowdown:

Tuner 6 BRZ
A great drive and the gears were responsive. The issue with this one came at mid corner. If you weren't giving it some sort of throttle input, the rotation was not there and you would slide up the track and off your line. I struggled using "X" as my go fast pedal, but still a good tune.

Tuner 7 IS350
The gear box killed my time using an automatic on corner exit. If you took the corner too slow, the rear would slide out, if you did accomplish faster speeds, it would bog down, almost hesitate, before speeding up.

Great job to all the tuners. If I sounded a little harsh on your car, it was only because I had to nit-pick because they were all fast and well tuned. Again, every tuner put out a car that was faster than my quick setup.
Wow, that's pretty fast and consistent driving :bowdown:, thanks for the review 👍. Have you decided on who tuned what car? If it can help you, mine had a moose head attached to the roof top :lol:. I'm really glad you came through with these. :cheers:

Wow, that's pretty fast and consistent driving :bowdown:, thanks for the review 👍. Have you decided on who tuned what car? If it can help you, mine had a moose head attached to the roof top :lol:. I'm really glad you came through with these. :cheers:
I've got the list written down on who might be who, I'll post that later today. I didn't see any with a moose head, but 1 had "Carnaval" written all over it!;)

GT300 Time Attack
Blind Tuner Challenge

Track:
Tsukuba

Car(s):

Driving Options

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission
Grip set to Real

Tuner 1 BRZ

Tuner 2 IS350

Tuner 3 BRZ

Tuner 4 IS350

Tuner 5 BRZ

Tuner 6 BRZ

Tuner 7 IS350

Brilliant testing as per usual from you. Thanks for getting in under the wire.👍
Nice times you got there too, I was not able to get below 55.xxx:(

I have karate all morning today, then basketball, but I should have times and My DC to you by 6p.m. Tomarrow. Reviews to follow when I can. Is that okay? :nervous:
If you can post by 6pm tomorrow, even if it is just lap times and DC that would be awesome, you could then edit the post later with your feedback at your convenience. But make sure of one thing, very very important, have fun with it! But being anything like your father, I am sure you will.:)

Thanks for getting back to me and for putting in the effort to do this. It is greatly appreciated.:D

And here i was hoping for a reveal of the results and tuners on my birthday, but no such luck.

On a sidenote. PD goofed.

I was kinda expecting to recieve an Isuzu Piazza '81 as my b-day car, instead i got a Nissan Bluebird from 79.. Have i gained 2 years in age withhout being told?!

PD and their curveballs..

GT300 Time Attack
Blind Tuner Challenge

Track:
Tsukuba

Car(s):

Driving Options

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission
Grip set to Real

Tuner 1 BRZ

Tuner 2 IS350

Tuner 3 BRZ

Tuner 4 IS350

Tuner 5 BRZ

Tuner 6 BRZ

Tuner 7 IS350

Brilliant driving there sir looks like you had fun in most of them. And wow another 54 second lap you guys are fast. I never got that low in my testing during tuning. Had a feeling it might happen but seeing it several times is just crazy.
I will get your times loaded in tonight.
I have karate all morning today, then basketball, but I should have times and My DC to you by 6p.m. Tomarrow. Reviews to follow when I can. Is that okay? :nervous:
As @Bowtie-muscle said that works for us. Just when you edit your post for reviews be sure you do a new post so we all know it was updated via notification. Edits don't give notice.

Latest Posts

Back