FITT: Blind Tuning Challenge! Congrats to Bowtie-muscle & Otaliema! Tuners Revealed!!

Here go the guesses. This one was more difficult than the Duel. The cars were really close and there are some tuners who I haven't tested too often...

GT300 Time Attack
Tuner 1
@demonchilde

Tuner 2
@mgo

Tuner 3
@nijalninja

Tuner 4
@xande1959

Tuner 5
@DolHaus

Tuner 6
@Otaliema

Tuner 7
@TurnLeft

There are over half that could easily be switched around...I'm not holding high hopes on this one!:scared:

Here go the guesses. This one was more difficult than the Duel. The cars were really close and there are some tuners who I haven't tested too often...

GT300 Time Attack
Tuner 1
@demonchilde

Tuner 2
@mgo

Tuner 3
@nijalninja

Tuner 4
@xande1959

Tuner 5
@DolHaus

Tuner 6
@Otaliema

Tuner 7
@TurnLeft

There are over half that could easily be switched around...I'm not holding high hopes on this one!:scared:
Well they are guesses right :D? Well I think you may just have one dead on :scared:, but which one? Hmm, nope not that one, maybe that one, definately not that one, I think you mixed those two,....:cheers:

And here i was hoping for a reveal of the results and tuners on my birthday, but no such luck.

On a sidenote. PD goofed.

I was kinda expecting to recieve an Isuzu Piazza '81 as my b-day car, instead i got a Nissan Bluebird from 79.. Have i gained 2 years in age withhout being told?!

PD and their curveballs..

Happy Birthday young man, I received the tuner list from @DolHaus , he is away for the weekend. I will not be revealing names just yet but will try and give out the scores for the guessers later.

And for the record, nobody guessed my tune correctly. Any chance you want to take a crack at guessing shaun's or did he tell you already?

Happy Birthday young man, I received the tuner list from @DolHaus , he is away for the weekend. I will not be revealing names just yet but will try and give out the scores for the guessers later.

And for the record, nobody guessed my tune correctly. Any chance you want to take a crack at guessing shaun's or did he tell you already?

As i said before. I won't be taking part in guessing. I've had more fun driving the tunes than i first thought. so i'll just keep it at that.

Nope, @shaunm80 has not revealed anything.

Told you I was gonna be rubbish at guessing. Remember now seeing something in a post of his about number 10, and wondering what the heck he was going on about!! Mr observant I am most definatley not. Guesses updated.

Has everyone who was interested in guessing put out their list? I don't remember seeing @biffa3 GT300 guesses. I could have missed them though...
@biffa3 was not too keen on guessing for this class as you can see but did try. Not sure (not likely) he will even try the GT300 class.

As i said before. I won't be taking part in guessing. I've had more fun driving the tunes than i first thought. so i'll just keep it at that.

Nope, @shaunm80 has not revealed anything.
You can try and guess his, you have spent enough time in his rides, and he may even chuckle when you guess wrong.:lol:

@biffa3 was not too keen on guessing for this class as you can see but did try. Not sure (not likely) he will even try the GT300 class.

You can try and guess his, you have spent enough time in his rides, and he may even chuckle when you guess wrong.:lol:
I have kept my tune under wraps from the start. It will make for interesting guessing. LordJCS should have a good idea of which is mine, although I will chuckle if he gets it wrong.. Like you say, he's been in enough of my tunes to know my style.

Glad to hear that you've enjoyed it. So we are going to see more of you in future FITT events?👍

I'll be more frequent on the testing, yes.

I could, but i won't

I have kept my tune under wraps from the start. It will make for interesting guessing. LordJCS should have a good idea of which is mine, although I will chuckle if he gets it wrong.. Like you say, he's been in enough of my tunes to know my style.

I have an idea on which one is yours but as i said, there won't be any guessing from me.

So, in an attempt to keep the masses calm while waiting, this may be earlier than I should do this but here you. The following are the scores the guessers will receive.

For The Duel - 11 tunes plus 1 guess for the Unknown Tuner.
In order they came in I believe:

@TurnLeft - 1/12 (He did guess praiano before he revealed himself:tup:)
@nijalninja - 1/12
@Otaliema - 2/12
@Lionheart2113 - 4/12
@DolHaus - 3/12
@biffa3 - 4/12

GT300 Time Attack - 7 tunes

Bowtie-muscle - 5/7
@DaBomm4 - 1/7
@brian wolf - 3/7
@Lionheart2113 - 1/7

Not expecting anymore guessers other than @DaBomm4 who did guess the Duel tuners, but since he is one of them, he is waiting to share his.:sly:

Last edited:
So, in an attempt to keep the masses calm while waiting, this may be earlier than I should do this but here you. The following are the scores the guessers will receive.

@nijalninja - 1/12
@Otaliema - 2/12
@Lionheart2113 - 4/12
@DolHaus - 3/12
@biffa - 4/12

Bowtie-muscle - 5/7
@DaBomm4 - 1/7
@brian wolf - 3/7
@Lionheart2113 - 1/7

Not expecting anymore guessers other than @DaBomm4 who did guess the Duel tuners, but since he is one of them, he is waiting to share his.:sly:
Wow, way to go @biffa3, @brian wolf, and @Bowtie-muscle ! I'm keen on finding out which ones I've guessed correctly.

@nijalninja - 1/12
@Otaliema - 2/12
@Lionheart2113 - 4/12
@DolHaus - 3/12
@biffa3 - 4/12

Bowtie-muscle - 5/7
@DaBomm4 - 1/7
@brian wolf - 3/7
@Lionheart2113 - 1/7

So effectively I got 0/11 lol I got the two that revealed them selfs. Ohh boy I'm off base lol. I would consider redoing my guesses but I won't have time two sick toddlers a sick wife and me still kinda sick. Ugg friggin stomach flu.

Could be worse, bitter cold but finally over the teens. Negative temps at night, record lows for our area and look, more snow coming down. :grumpy: And my wife has been sick for weeks unable to shake it.

take care of the munchkins and the Boss. :dopey:

Could be worse, bitter cold but finally over the teens. Negative temps at night, record lows for our area and look, more snow coming down. :grumpy: And my wife has been sick for weeks unable to shake it.

take care of the munchkins and the Boss. :dopey:
That's the plan. If your wife has a viral infection look into a supplement called Vircaid it's around $30 a bottle and it lasts a day maybe two but it will clear out just about any infection in that time frame. If we need to get it we buy two bottles to be safe.

@Bowtie-muscle @Lionheart2113 times have been entered in for the Time attack challenge. There has been a shake up in the podium!
Car #6 has over taken Car #3 for second postion, quite a move it was folks, clean inside pass leading into the back hairpin.
Tsukuba Lap Time Podium
1 Tuner #5 0:55.281 +0.000
2 Tuner #6 0:55.459 +0.178
3 Tuner #3 0:55.478 +0.197
4 Tuner #1 0:55.493 +0.212
5 Tuner #4 0:55.600 +0.319

Drivers Choice Podium
1 Tuner #5 9.30
2 Tuner #4 8.73
3 Tuner #1 8.60
4 Tuner #3 8.36
5 Tuner #6 8.23

Fastest Lap at Tsukuba
0:54.748; Tuner #5's tune Driven By praiano63

@Soren Jacquet and @Little_krenk are the only two to have not reported times for the group. I am aware of the eta on the times from Little_krenk. Soren do you think you will have the testing done for lap time and DC by Sunday evening?
@demonchilde here is to hoping you can get the laps done even if you can't get the review written right away.

@Bowtie-muscle @Lionheart2113 times have been entered in for the Time attack challenge. There has been a shake up in the podium!
Car #6 has over taken Car #3 for second postion, quite a move it was folks, clean inside pass leading into the back hairpin.
Tsukuba Lap Time Podium
1 Tuner #5 0:55.281 +0.000
2 Tuner #6 0:55.459 +0.178
3 Tuner #3 0:55.478 +0.197
4 Tuner #1 0:55.493 +0.212
5 Tuner #4 0:55.600 +0.319

Drivers Choice Podium
1 Tuner #5 9.30
2 Tuner #4 8.73
3 Tuner #1 8.60
4 Tuner #3 8.36
5 Tuner #6 8.23

Fastest Lap at Tsukuba
0:54.748; Tuner #5's tune Driven By praiano63

@Soren Jacquet and @Little_krenk are the only two to have not reported times for the group. I am aware of the eta on the times from Little_krenk. Soren do you think you will have the testing done for lap time and DC by Sunday evening?
@demonchilde here is to hoping you can get the laps done even if you can't get the review written right away.
Woah, that changed things up a bit. who is left to give reviews?

Hey guys
Have a problem my little kid have destroyet alle my papers with my test rewiecs. .
Arrrgh
That's no good sir.
Are the papers so destroyed that you can't retrive any information? Do you think you could re-run the laps for times and DC score? Reviews are not required just requested. Posting your review later is ok as well after you post lap and DC.

Hey guys
Have a problem my little kid have destroyet alle my papers with my test rewiecs. .
Arrrgh
All right guys, I'll start taking up a donation. Everyone dig deep into those pockets and we can get @Soren Jacquet what he needs....
A child cage, er I mean a playpen!:cheers:
image.jpg

All right guys, I'll start taking up a donation. Everyone dig deep into those pockets and we can get @Soren Jacquet what he needs....
A child cage, er I mean a playpen!:cheers:
View attachment 314816
I've got some loose change from my last poker game, since I won it from some of the guys here on this thread it's only fitting that I donate it, cash.jpeg, might even have enough to buy a dome to place over it to reduce those high pitched screams :scared:.

I actually own two of those play pens. They make better fences than pens to unstable as pens.

I've been put on kitchen duty. I foolishly asked the kids what they wanted for dinner. Pancakes was the answer. My fiancé heard that and whipped up a batch that will make around 40-50 pancakes..

Not sure if she loves me or is punishing me for something..

GT300 Time Attack
Blind Tuner Challenge

Track:
Tsukuba

Car(s):
Lexus IS350 GT300 Base Model '08
Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission
Grip set to Real

Tuner 1 BRZ
Time: 0:55.210
DC Score: 8.0
This car can handle like it is on a rail, the only trouble is that you have to put it there. The car will fly, but you need to be really smooth. If not, it tends to push thru the center and can snap loose on exit.

Tuner 2 IS350
Time: 0:55.868
DC Score: 8.5
This tune was frustrating.:mad: It would push on entry, and break loose on exit (at lower speeds). If not careful you would diamond every corner. Changing my line helped, but generally when you have multiple/opposing issues, you tackle them in the order you encounter them. If the tuner fixes the tight condition on entry, I think it would almost eliminate the loose on exit because your corner speed would be greater. Do that and this car would be up there.

Tuner 3 BRZ
Time: 0:55.381
DC Score: 7.5
This tune was a little awkward.:boggled: The fastest way for me was to slide down into the corner, wait, watch it rotate, and then nail the throttle on exit...praying that the rear end doesn't slide out on you. Not a lot of room to be aggressive with this car.

Tuner 4 IS350
Time: 0:55.329
DC Score: 9.5
The tuner did a lot to keep the rear in check and you can see the struggle, but 9/10 the rear will stay under you. Because of this, it was a little snug, but fun to drive and I spent a lot of time roasting the outside front on exit, but as mentioned, the rear had loads of traction. This amount of grip only brings 1 tuner to mind...:mischievous:

Tuner 5 BRZ
Time: 0:54.925
DC Score: 9.5
Brilliant tune! The gear changes were quick and precise. Very easy to predict and keep up with. The only struggle was a little loose on exit, a little fine adjustment on that and it's a perfect car for this track.:bowdown:

Tuner 6 BRZ
Time: 0:55.063
DC Score: 9.0
A great drive and the gears were responsive. The issue with this one came at mid corner. If you weren't giving it some sort of throttle input, the rotation was not there and you would slide up the track and off your line. I struggled using "X" as my go fast pedal, but still a good tune.

Tuner 7 IS350
Time: 0:55.744
DC Score: 7.5
The gear box killed my time using an automatic on corner exit. If you took the corner too slow, the rear would slide out, if you did accomplish faster speeds, it would bog down, almost hesitate, before speeding up.

Great job to all the tuners. If I sounded a little harsh on your car, it was only because I had to nit-pick because they were all fast and well tuned. Again, every tuner put out a car that was faster than my quick setup.

Edit:
Link to my guesses
Thank you very much for testing and for the reviews, there are some fantastic times in there as always :cheers:

I've just returned from the wilderness and I'm more than a little foggy headed (-5 C last night in a wet tent = 1hr of sleep and icicles in my hair :lol:), I'm trying to work out what stage we're at but I'm sue @Bowtie-muscle will give me a prod if/when I need to do something :cheers:

Back