FITT: Blind Tuning Challenge! Congrats to Bowtie-muscle & Otaliema! Tuners Revealed!!

Thank you very much for testing and for the reviews, there are some fantastic times in there as always :cheers:

I've just returned from the wilderness and I'm more than a little foggy headed (-5 C last night in a wet tent = 1hr of sleep and icicles in my hair :lol:), I'm trying to work out what stage we're at but I'm sue @Bowtie-muscle will give me a prod if/when I need to do something :cheers:
Hot shower and a nap is what I recommend. I am holding down the fort, few hours left then you may get prodded.:dopey:

I've been put on kitchen duty. I foolishly asked the kids what they wanted for dinner. Pancakes was the answer. My fiancé heard that and whipped up a batch that will make around 40-50 pancakes..

Not sure if she loves me or is punishing me for something..
Answer Yes. :lol:
That's a lot of pancakes....

Stolen form from @Lionheart2113 (hope you don't mind :nervous: )

GT300 Time Attack
Blind Tuner Challenge

Track:
Tsukuba

Car(s):
Lexus IS350 GT300 Base Model '08
Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12

Driving Options
Driving Line: On
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: ?

DS3 (dpads)
Steering Left stick
Gas/Brake Right Stick
Automatic Transmission
Grip set to Real

Tuner 1 BRZ
Time: 0:57.890
DC Score: 8.0
Needed to find the right line to get this car to turn on entry and exit. Found it tho 👍

Tuner 2 IS350
Time: 0:58.670
DC Score: 7.5
Point and shoot with this car. Too soon on gas on exit, and around you go. Needed to let it roll longer then others

Tuner 3 BRZ
Time: 0:58.550
Could not get on gas too soon. Just like Tune #2 Had to let it roll longer then others

Tuner 4 IS350
Time: 0:57.652
DC Score: 9.5
Really liked the rear grip on this car. Enter turns high, hit the apex, and floor it out. Good car 👍

Tuner 5 BRZ
Time: 0:57.511
Perfect car for this track. Gearing was good, as was the handling. Only a little loose on exit, but that just may be the driver and not the tune

Tuner 6 BRZ
Time: 0:58.231
Had a small problem rotating this car :confused:, it wanted to go fast, but I just couldn't :(

Tuner 7 IS350
Time: 0:58.921
DC Score: 7.0
A good solid car, but hard to hold my lines in all corners. A better driver could make a better time for sure

Great job to all tuners :cheers: I had alot of FUN driving these amazing machines around the track, and I hope I can get better in times, and reviews in future events. Thanks :)

GT300 Time Attack
Blind Tuner Challenge

Track:
Tsukuba

Car(s):

Driving Options

DS3 (dpads)
Steering Left stick
Gas/Brake Right Stick
Automatic Transmission
Grip set to Real

Tuner 1 BRZ
Needed to find the right line to get this car to turn on entry and exit. Found it tho 👍

Tuner 2 IS350
Point and shoot with this car. Too soon on gas on exit, and around you go. Needed to let it roll longer then others

Tuner 3 BRZ
Could not get on gas too soon. Just like Tune #2 Had to let it roll longer then others

Tuner 4 IS350
Really liked the rear grip on this car. Enter turns high, hit the apex, and floor it out. Good car 👍

Tuner 5 BRZ
Perfect car for this track. Gearing was good, as was the handling. Only a little loose on exit, but that just may be the driver and not the tune

Tuner 6 BRZ
Had a small problem rotating this car :confused:, it wanted to go fast, but I just couldn't :(

Tuner 7 IS350
A good solid car, but hard to hold my lines in all corners. A better driver could make a better time for sure

Great job to all tuners :cheers: I had alot of FUN driving these amazing machines around the track, and I hope I can get better in times, and reviews in future events. Thanks :)
Great job, well done. 👍👍

GT300 Time Attack
Blind Tuner Challenge

Track:
Tsukuba

Car(s):

Driving Options

DS3 (dpads)
Steering Left stick
Gas/Brake Right Stick
Automatic Transmission
Grip set to Real

Tuner 1 BRZ

Tuner 2 IS350

Tuner 3 BRZ

Tuner 4 IS350

Tuner 5 BRZ

Tuner 6 BRZ

Tuner 7 IS350

Great times 👍, very gracious of you to pull this out and quite close, thank you very much for trying these out :bowdown:.
If you want to have some peace and quite from your dad, just give him one of these cake.jpeg , you'll have the PS3 for yourself for at least 1 hour.

GT300 Time Attack
Blind Tuner Challenge

Track:
Tsukuba

Car(s):

Driving Options

DS3 (dpads)
Steering Left stick
Gas/Brake Right Stick
Automatic Transmission
Grip set to Real

Tuner 1 BRZ

Tuner 2 IS350

Tuner 3 BRZ

Tuner 4 IS350

Tuner 5 BRZ

Tuner 6 BRZ

Tuner 7 IS350

Thank you for testing and for the reviews, we hope you enjoyed yourself and will be joining us for more in future 👍

Great times 👍, very gracious of you to pull this out and quite close, thank you very much for trying these out :bowdown:.
If you want to have some peace and quite from your dad, just give him one of these View attachment 314947 , you'll have the PS3 for yourself for at least 1 hour.

He's watching NASCAR, with a cup cake next to him lol

Thanks everyone. I hope I didn't disapoint :)

No you didn't disappoint me :), you impressed me 👍, I didn't think you would be that fast and consistent 👍.
It' a small cup cake. And it's yummy!!!!
Yeah, that's right :odd:, just one, that is one at a time of course, and the whole plate full in front of you :scared:

GT300 Time Attack
Blind Tuner Challenge

Track:
Tsukuba

Car(s):

Driving Options

DS3 (dpads)
Steering Left stick
Gas/Brake Right Stick
Automatic Transmission
Grip set to Real

Tuner 1 BRZ

Tuner 2 IS350

Tuner 3 BRZ

Tuner 4 IS350

Tuner 5 BRZ

Tuner 6 BRZ

Tuner 7 IS350

Great consistant times. I'll get these loaded later tonight.
Glade to see you had fun in several of the cars including mine :)

NASCAR and a cupcake....not the image that normally comes to mind when thinking of a NASCAR fan :lol:
Disappointed? Never, any lap time is welcome as long as your consistent which you are :)

It' a small cup cake. And it's yummy!!!! :dopey:
Just one? Is it chocolate or ethonal flavored ;)

It is now 6p.m. EST, and I am now officially closing the Challenge.;)

The question now is who was who? Would everyone like for me to begin announcing who was who by updating the tunes post? For example: Tuner #10 - @praiano63 - guessed by @TurnLeft?

Awaiting the results for the GT300 Class as soon as @Otaliema as the opertunnity to upload the times/DC from @Little_krenk .

A big hearty thank you goes out to everyone in volved in this Challenge, with special thanks to @DolHaus for co-hosting and @Otaliema for taking care of the scoring! 👍

It is now 6p.m. EST, and I am now officially closing the Challenge.;)

The question now is who was who? Would everyone like for me to begin announcing who was who by updating the tunes post? For example: Tuner #10 - @praiano63 - guessed by @TurnLeft?

👍
That would be cool :cool:, that was my only good guess :lol:, I'm curious to see how the others did, especially you, only missed 2, who were they?

A big
thumb.jpeg
to @Otaliema, @DolHaus & @Bowtie-muscle, thanks for your time, effort and fun time.

Here are my guesses for The Duel out of 8 (minus Motor City, praiano, and my own tunes).

Tuner # 1 @shaunm80

Tuner # 2 @Ridox2JZGTE

Tuner # 3 @Motor City Hami

Tuner # 4 @Bowtie-muscle

Tuner # 5 @brian wolf

Tuner # 6 @Thorin Cain (Mystery Tuner)

Tuner # 7 @ImToLegitToQuit

Tuner # 8 @DaBomm4

Tuner # 9 @Gino Caberlin

Tuner # 10 @praiano63

Tuner # 11 @xande1959
I never thought about @Thorin Cain as the mystery tuner :rolleyes:, I hope it's not him though or I'll never hear the end of it :lol:.

As I was thinking of possible tuners I thought about COTM and seasonals. I have a few other guesses but he seems to fit the best in my opinion. :)
You know it could well be, he's very active in tuning plus the two thread leaders know him :odd:. I'll be happy for you if it is him, but he'll be walking on thin ice with me :sly:, it would be great though to have him on board :lol:.

Here are my guesses for The Duel out of 8 (minus Motor City, praiano, and my own tunes).

Tuner # 1 @shaunm80

Tuner # 2 @Ridox2JZGTE

Tuner # 3 @Motor City Hami

Tuner # 4 @Bowtie-muscle

Tuner # 5 @brian wolf

Tuner # 6 @Thorin Cain (Mystery Tuner)

Tuner # 7 @ImToLegitToQuit

Tuner # 8 @DaBomm4

Tuner # 9 @Gino Caberlin

Tuner # 10 @praiano63

Tuner # 11 @xande1959

:eek: 7/12 :eek: ........... Good guessing but @Thorin Cain it is not.:sly:

On another note, the idiot in charge had all the guesses on a piece of paper with the post #s, and threw the paper out.:grumpy::banghead::ouch::irked: now I have to hunt them all down again.

:eek: 7/12 :eek: ........... Good guessing but @Thorin Cain it is not.:sly:

On another note, the idiot in charge had all the guesses on a piece of paper with the post #s, and threw the paper out.:grumpy::banghead::ouch::irked: now I have to hunt them all down again.

Hey, ummmmm, I didn't test the tunes, but I may know who the mistery tuner is, and what tune it was.... If that helps :dopey:

couldn't hold back any longer. It was killing me lol

^^^ ha ha

Hey, ummmmm, I didn't test the tunes, but I may know who the mistery tuner is, and what tune it was.... If that helps :dopey:

couldn't hold back any longer. It was killing me lol

^^^ ha ha
No guessing from you, but someone already guessed the Mystery/Unknown Tuner Correctly, just not the correct tune.:sly:

Holy Triple Posts Batman :banghead::ouch:

The tune post has been updated with names revealed, for the sake of some fun, I did not include @DaBomm4 guesses.
Have to leave something for everyone to talk about.:lol:

My tune has been revealed, congrats to @DolHaus for correctly guessing my tune and @DaBomm4 as well 👍 I left a big clue by keeping stock gearbox, and the car actually based on a replica ( some changes were made - alternate damper setup that was not used, lower LSD preload, and few others ) that I have posted last year : Spoon Sport/Type One Garage S2000 AP2. I thought if anyone have driven that replica would know straight away :lol:

Back