FITT: Blind Tuning Challenge! Congrats to Bowtie-muscle & Otaliema! Tuners Revealed!!

The Duel Tuners
Tuner #1 - RX-8 Tune -

Tuner #2 - S2000 Tune - @Ridox2JZGTE
Guessed by @DolHaus

Tuner #3 - RX-8 Tune - DrEmmettBrown/@Motor City Hami
Revealed by Motor City Hami

Tuner #4 - RX-8 Tune -

0Tuner #5 - S2000 Tune -

Tuner #6 - RX-8 Tune - @Gino Caberlin
Guessed by @nijalninja

Tuner #7 - RX-8 Tune - @xande1959
Guessed by @Lionheart2113

Tuner #8 - S2000 Tune -

Tuner #9 - RX-8 Tune - @ImToLegitToQuit
Guessed by @Lionheart2113 and @biffa3

Tuner #10 - RX-8 Tune - @praiano63
Guessed by @TurnLeft

Tuner #11 - S2000 Tune

The Unknown Tuner - @krenkme Correctly guessed by @biffa3

IF you are testing, PLEASE read this post before building the tunes. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-testers-welcome.322659/page-12#post-10432202
Thank you!

This Challenge started with the idea of blind testing, already done in GT5, but without car sharing. Added a few changes and away we went. Originally, I had two classes but did not like the second, so I enlisted @DolHaus who I remembered had a GT300 class ready to go. In the end, I believe all went rather well. A few bumps int he road with the hosts but we are in different parts of the world, but we got through. Two tuners revealed themselves early, but one had already been guessed. The other was a surprise guest, the return of our friend Motor City Hami. We had an Unknown Tuner join the fun as well, his tune was not guessed correctly but he was. And my tune went by also without being guessed. A really fun challenge with very very close results, both lap Time and DC.

Again, special thanks to @DolHaus for co-hosting, and @Otaliema for scoring.
And a big thank you to all how participated and made this fun!

Lap Time Average:

Tuner #4 - 1:10.922
Tuner #10 (@praiano63 ) - 1:10.938 (+0.016)
Tuner #7 (@xande1959 ) - 1:11.045 (+0.123)

Honorable Mention:

Tuner #9 (@ImToLegitToQuit ) - 1:11.154 (+0.232)
Tuner #3 (@Motor City Hami ) - 1:11.173 (+0.251)
Tuner #6 (@Gino Caberlin ) - 1:11.205 (+0.283)
Tuner #1 (@shaunm80 ) - 1:11.225 (+0.303)

Fastest Lap set by @macdog54 in Tuner #1

DC:

Tuner #4 - 8.78
Tuner #7 (@xande1959) - 8.73
Tuner #3 (@Motor City Hami ) - 8.63
Tuner #9 (@ImToLegitToQuit ) - 8.63

Honorable Mention:

Tuner # 6 (@Gino Caberlin ) - 8.59
Tuner #10 (@praiano63 ) - 8.43
DaBomm correctly guessed my tune in this post. If you have time, you can add it to the list of correctly guessed tuners :)

Now that this challenge has official ended, I would like to say thank you to all the testers who took part and spent countless hours testing, reviewing and guessing who was who.

I would also like to say a big thank you to @macdog54 for running my tune ragged and getting the fastest lap in my RX8. That was some accomplishment and I am both shocked and honoured that it achieved such a great lap time. A big well done from me.

Thank you to @Bowtie-muscle and @DolHaus for creating this event, I must say that I like this concept of having blind tunes. It worked out really well and I think this is a good way of running these events. Congrats to all the tuners and especially tuner 4 for being consistently brilliant and coming first in both overall lap time and DC points. Epic job!

@brian wolf is oddly not listed on the results board yet. I would put my money on him being one of the top ranked tuners.

Or @Bowtie-muscle at the top? All depends on who chose the RX-8 and who chose the S2000?
And you would be correct, he tuned one make and I the other. But which? One of us is Tuner #4, since @DaBomm4 competed I wanted to leave a few guesses out there.:sly:

Well this was a grand fun challenge. Maybe do it again in the future.
Was my tune that obviously set up that most of the testers guessed my tune corect? :lol:
I'm happy that I decided to go with the settings that provided consistanty with my car, it paid off on this short but very technical track.
I had a couple changes that would have made the car faster but noteibly harder to drive.

And a big thank you to @Bowtie-muscle and @DolHaus for setting up the challenege.

Last edited:
@brian wolf is oddly not listed on the results board yet. I would put my money on him being one of the top ranked tuners.

Or @Bowtie-muscle at the top? All depends on who chose the RX-8 and who chose the S2000?
You would have lost your money! I tuned the S2000. Its funny, with base tunes on them, my lap times were almost identical. So, with limited game time available I had to choose one. And I went for the best looking car! :banghead:

Well this was a grand fun challenge. Maybe do it again in the future.
Was my tune that obviously set up that most of the testers guessed my tune corect? :lol:
I'm happy that I decided to go with the settings that provided consistanty with my car, it paid off on this short but very technical track.
I had a couple changes that would have made the car faster but noteibly harder to drive.

And a big thank you to @Bowtie-muscle and @DolHaus for setting up the challenege.
Congrats on your win 👍, yours was the most consistent from one tester to an other and boasts the fastest lap time :bowdown:. I was going to scrap this one after the competition but I may just hang on to it and do a few mods suggested by @praiano63 (thanks), it won't make it more popular :lol: but it should make it faster.

To everyone who participated :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:, this was lot's of fun, I really like this formula 👍. :cheers:

Congrats on your win 👍, yours was the most consistent from one tester to an other and boasts the fastest lap time :bowdown:. I was going to scrap this one after the competition but I may just hang on to it and do a few mods suggested by @praiano63 (thanks), it won't make it more popular :lol: but it should make it faster.

To everyone who participated :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:, this was lot's of fun, I really like this formula 👍. :cheers:
Thank you sir. I'll take yours for a spin later and see how it goes and let you know :)

I would like to say thanks to all the duel tuners that participated. I had a great time testing the cars and I know from experience that it's not a 5 minute job setting up a car to run its best time on a specific track. I think doing it blind is a great idea because allows testers to give an honest opinion of a tune without hurting anyone's feelings or being biased because they usually prefer one tuner over another. Consider me signed up for the next event as it's a lot of fun for me grinding out some laps to try to get the most out of what is given to me. I am thinking I will try out one of the GT300 tunes on my BRZ to see if I can get it to go faster. I was running 54s on Tsubuka a couple of days ago with my Pozzi Camaro RS online and want to see how fast I can get down to with a real race car.

first congratulate the organizers of the event. interesting and you test several cars and not adevinhar to whom it belongs. perhaps in the duel of RX & S2000, podessem have an idea how it behaves a setup of the top tuner. but the event focused note 10. Thanks to all testers for their dedication and performance.:bowdown::bowdown::cheers:👍:gtpflag:

A massive thanks to all tuners that brought us testers a wide variety of fun cars to drive.

I really enjoyed this round of tunes as they all brought something different to the table. I won't hesitate to have another go as a tester when it's time.

Thanks again for providing hours of pure fun and joy. Keep up the magnificent work gentlemen. :gtpflag:

A massive thanks to all tuners that brought us testers a wide variety of fun cars to drive.

I really enjoyed this round of tunes as they all brought something different to the table. I won't hesitate to have another go as a tester when it's time.

Thanks again for providing hours of pure fun and joy. Keep up the magnificent work gentlemen. :gtpflag:
Thank you for testing, they are always in need. Many others like @Wydopen @mgo and @macdog54 stepping in was great. Having @biffa3, @Lionheart2113 and @Little_krenk along with all the others really made this a fun challenge to host.

@Otaliema @nijalninja @DolHaus @TurnLeft Congrats on you r podium finishes, and another win for Otaliema:tup:.

@mgo @demonchilde and @xande1959 great job tuning for the GT300 class, it was a tight group and you should all be proud. Now come back for the next round, was great having you guys join in.:D

Last edited:
I can not be silent any longer, I am the Lindbergh baby!!!...wait...I mean the unknown tuner :dopey: to guess my tune you must know my love of power, and hatred of the power limiter. I tried to make a unnoticeable "tune" otherwise.

Great shootout to all, and all that took part! Now Kate clean your room! :dopey:

Last edited:
Thank you for testing, they are always in need. Many others like @Wydopen @mgo and @macdog54 stepping in was great. Having @biffa3, @Lionheart2113 and @Little_krenk along with all the others really made this a fun challenge to host.

@Otaliema @nijalninja @DolHaus @TurnLeft Congrats on you r podium finishes, and another win for Otaliema:tup:.

@mgo @demonchilde and @xande1959 great job tuning for the GT300 class, it was a tight group and you should all be proud. Now come back for the next round, was great having you guys join in.:D

Thank you.
This was good fun. I look forward to the next one.
@krenkme you did a good job hiding. Well done sir.

I can not be silent any longer, I am the Lindbergh baby!!!...wait...I mean the unknown tuner :dopey: to guess my tune you must know my love of power, and hatred of the power limiter. I tried to make a unnoticeable "tune" otherwise.

Great shootout to all, and all that took part! Now Kate clean your room! :dopey:
And it was great to have you join in the mayhem. Even better that we were able to keep it silent as to your identity.:D
Now about @Little_krenk , she did herself and you proud my friend, great review.👍

Yup, you guessed it. My weekend sucked, lol.
I am very happy at all the results I have seen, for both classes. Good job everyone tuners and testers.

NOW, whoever didn't know before, knows now, I tune my rear ends with a slightly loose weight shift. I like to slide a bit when I drive, and I honestly thought more people would have guessed which tuner I was just from that point alone.
"Damnit, why am I fighting this rear??!?,.....oh, this must be Demons tune, lol."
It really does work nice if you drive FOR it, but its hard to switch to 10 different peoples styles when your testing. I bet everyone will guess me thw first day next time, lol^^
Congrats to the leaders ^^

(I will still post my results at some point, when my days start to calm down a bit)

Yup, you guessed it. My weekend sucked, lol.
I am very happy at all the results I have seen, for both classes. Good job everyone tuners and testers.

NOW, whoever didn't know before, knows now, I tune my rear ends with a slightly loose weight shift. I like to slide a bit when I drive, and I honestly thought more people would have guessed which tuner I was just from that point alone.
"Damnit, why am I fighting this rear??!?,.....oh, this must be Demons tune, lol."
It really does work nice if you drive FOR it, but its hard to switch to 10 different peoples styles when your testing. I bet everyone will guess me thw first day next time, lol^^
Congrats to the leaders ^^

(I will still post my results at some point, when my days start to calm down a bit)
Rule #1, DO NOT change the way you tune for FITT testers. Someday it will work out better by tuning the way you like!
Great job by the way, the tunes were all real close so it was hard to say who was who. Hope things calm down for you soon:), and enough with the snow and bitter cold already (and I am South of you!).:grumpy:

Rule #1, DO NOT change the way you tune for FITT testers.
@demonchilde, this is where I feel I failed with this tuning challenge, I still am very pleased with my tune at 540pp but as my own testing proved, it didn't even do that well in my own hands.

Thank you everyone who participated in this event testing or tuning, I enjoyed reading all of your reviews and testing all of the cars.

Well, there you go. I had never expected a podium finish in the GT300 class for me, except at about halfway through the testing when Tune #1 was doing well all around.

Thanks to all those who tested. Thanks to all those who tuned. And thanks to those who organised this wacky challenge. I had doubts at first about this sort of thing, but they have now been erased. Good work.

Great contest. Congrats to the podium finishers. @Otaliema with another win, how many is that now?

Really enjoyed this challenge, was much easier building tunes from the same tune sheet, rather than different sheets.

My guesses for the duel class were shocking, 2 out of 12!, but I was confident of my fastest tune being correct, @ImToLegitToQuit seems to have a knack of giving me a loose but fast car. Only really got @krenkme as the mystery tuner by trial and error. He showed up out of the bue halfway through the challenge to pass comment on something, having not seen him around for a while.

To be honest, the numbers in tunes mean diddly squat to me, I just enjoy driving them round! I'll try to make an effort to learn what the settings actually do at some stage.

Welcome to the new blood (tuners and testers), I hope you stick around for future contests.

Last word goes to @Otaliema for the scoring, and @Bowtie-muscle and @DolHaus for hosting, . You guys put in a tremendous amount of work to get this right, and had it not been for the incidents during this contest, all tuners would have remained secret till the very end, which is a fantastic achievement.

Well done all.

We should do an old-school GT5 'tribute to seasonals' FITT event.
Like, pick one of the famous gt5 seasonals like the 450pp hot-hatch, or the 500pp 80's JP-only one.
I know it would be tough to get a handle on 'even playing field' rules if there is 130 different car choices, but on the other side, think of the wide variety and awesome tunes that would come out of 130 different car choices^^
I would suggest my favorite gt5 seasonal, but I don't forsee testers dropping 700-900k on 12 different gt500, lol.

Back