FITT: Blind Tuning Challenge! Congrats to Bowtie-muscle & Otaliema! Tuners Revealed!!

The Duel

@TurnLeft
@Otaliema
@demonchilde
@nijalninja
@biffa3
@CSLACR
@mgo
@macdog54
@DolHaus
@Lionheart2113

GT300 Time Attack

@ImToLegitToQuit
@Bowtie-muscle
@biffa3
@brian wolf
@CSLACR
@praiano63
@Lionheart2113

Gentlemen, forgive me for failing to clear this up in the OP and in the tuning template. There is a procedure that is recommended for setting the transmissions if you are using one car for several tunes.
Please follow one of the two following procedures:

1. Always build the trans LAST! Before building the tune, uninstall Custom trans and install stock, install ALL power upgrades first, THEN reinstall custom trans and follow tuning instructions.

2. Always build the trans LAST! Install all power upgrades, THEN reset trans to DEFAULT before building the trans, THEN follow tuning instructions.

This prevents issues with a proper build and ensures the tune is as posted.

Again, I should have addressed this earlier, those testers who are new to testing may not be aware or the trans settings changing with power parts causing gearing numbers not to match.

GT300 Time Attack Challenge Unofficial Review by DaBomm4
Tested with ABS 1, no other aids, DS3

Tuner # 1 BRZ
Best Lap: 0:56.204
DC Score: 9
Comments: This tune feels well balanced but sometimes shows a little front understeer. Great control when loosing traction, gearbox is setup very nicely for the car and track.

Tuner # 2 IS350
Best Lap: 0:56.726
DC Score: 8
Comments: There is power understeer and sometimes power oversteer, there also is some lift off rotation.

Tuner # 3 BRZ
Best Lap: 0:56.220
Comments: Decent grip/slip range on acceleration with a few corners showing a little power oversteer, see below. Gearbox felt long and I struggled a little getting use to the shift points at the beginning. (Power understeer, does not want to lose traction through corners under acceleration. Original analysis with me forgetting to change a setting. :banghead:)

Tuner # 4 IS350
Best Lap: 0:56.069
DC Score: 8.5
Comments: The gearbox felt like the biggest killer for me because the car handled very nicely, it just felt like the long gears slowed the aceleration of the car.

Tuner # 5 BRZ
Best Lap: 0:56.318
Comments: Smooth with some understeer, also has some lift off rotation which helps with the understeer. Gearbox is a little long but still efficient with the power.

Tuner # 6 BRZ
Best Lap: 0:56.471
DC Score: 7
Comments: Feels quick with a little front end understeer and a little too stiff in the rear. Tight gearbox, very accurate.

Tuner # 7 IS350
Best Lap: 0:56.761
DC Score: 9.5
Comments: Throttle control is key for this tune, very fun to drive but I struggled to efficiently get the power down fast enough. Acceleration could have been better with a shorter final gear.

Edit: grammar.

Some good consistent driving there, looks like it may be a close class.

DolHaus,
I hear you, I understand thats how it should be, but I see strange things quite often in this reguards.

I will chalk a lot of it to patches. because its possible they cause some of it when dealing with slightly older tunes anyway.
But like, I have done things like make a set of tranny settings, write them down, change it 50 times while driving 50 times, decide I liked the 1st one after all that, and not be able to hit those numbers. Not like once, but many times I've seen that.
Or change a burn tune after using it to grind cash hundreds of times, go back and try to set up the way I wrote it and not be able to.
Not an issue really, can just redo it.
Mabe its just me.

@Bowtie-muscle, I need help with Tuner No.9, I can't get the transmission gear ratios, I get 1st gear 4.168 to 5.550, need 3.358. Can someone try it and see if I'm not just dreaming awake.:confused:

@Bowtie-muscle, I need help with Tuner No.9, I can't get the transmission gear ratios, I get 1st gear 4.168 to 5.550, need 3.358. Can someone try it and see if I'm not just dreaming awake.:confused:
Double check your engine upgrades. Remove and reinstall the transmission and try again. If needed remove all engine upgrades than remove the transmission than install engine upgrades than install transmission. I bet you have forgot somthing worth 200 rpm.
-or- you have the final drive in the wrong place before setting the top speed.

Double check your engine upgrades. Remove and reinstall the transmission and try again. If needed remove all engine upgrades than remove the transmission than install engine upgrades than install transmission. I bet you have forgot somthing worth 200 rpm.
-or- you have the final drive in the wrong place before setting the top speed.
or maybe there's a typo mistake :P, did all that 4 times, took off the power + transmission, reinstalled the power, than the transmission, reset the transmission, followed the steps, FG 4.310, Max speed 112mph, if I'm doing something wrong I'll write out 100x I'm a dung (reserve myself the right to copy paste 👍) :lol:.

You know, I built it and had no problem :confused:, try this, MAX the final, then 112mph then see if the numbers work. Might have been a typo. If not I will have to double check it or contact the tuner, but I made sure I did build them all, some twice just to double check and it's not ringing a bell that there was an issue. Let me know please.

You know, I built it and had no problem :confused:, try this, MAX the final, then 112mph then see if the numbers work. Might have been a typo. If not I will have to double check it or contact the tuner, but I made sure I did build them all, some twice just to double check and it's not ringing a bell that there was an issue. Let me know please.
That works,thanks 👍, if you get a chance could you change it on the Tuner 9's post so that others won't post the same question. :cheers:

@Bowtie-muscle, I have a dilemma related to the Trans settings for the duel: where it says FINAL, and FINAL GEAR; I cant find any setting that says FINAL, I only see the FINAL GEAR setting. Would this be because I am using the 1.14 version of GT6?

If not, I would really like some help.

You know I was thinking the same thing, I'd rather be driving than setting up the cars :lol: , I'm also glad i won't have to copy something 100x :scared:.
:grumpy: I did check my notes on the build sheet, have one for every tune, and I had the Final To 4.310 / 6.000. Missed that when posting. Sorry for the confusion, I must have caught that when building and forgot to correct.:ouch::banghead:

:grumpy: I did check my notes on the build sheet, have one for every tune, and I had the Final To 4.310 / 6.000. Missed that when posting. Sorry for the confusion, I must have caught that when building and forgot to correct.:ouch::banghead:
There's no harm done :lol:, I can't count the number of times I've had to go back and edit a post because of a mistake, even if I proof read it before a couple of times, something always seems to slip :grumpy:, c'est la vie :rolleyes:. Good job on the index 👍, it sure helps a lot. I don't know if you've tested all the cars but I'm getting a lopsided advantage for one make in the dual challenge:cheers:, could be a coincidence that those tuners were better at extracting the best qualities of that car :odd:, or maybe the tester has a prejudice against the other :lol:.

There's no harm done :lol:, I can't count the number of times I've had to go back and edit a post because of a mistake, even if I proof read it before a couple of times, something always seems to slip :grumpy:, c'est la vie :rolleyes:. Good job on the index 👍, it sure helps a lot. I don't know if you've tested all the cars but I'm getting a lopsided advantage for one make in the dual challenge:cheers:, could be a coincidence that those tuners were better at extracting the best qualities of that car :odd:, or maybe the tester has a prejudice against the other :lol:.
I built them to make sure the numbers worked, but I only tested one ;)

I built them to make sure the numbers worked, but I only tested one ;)

That would explain it then!! Looks like Mazda got the PD love instead of the Honda, was expecting a much closer contest.

Here are my results for The Duel

@Bowtie-muscle , @brian wolf , @DaBomm4 , @DrEmmettBrown , @Gino Caberlin , @ImToLegitToQuit , @praiano63 , @Ridox2JZGTE , @shaunm80 , @xande1959 and Unknown Tuner

All tunes tested for 10 laps with DS3 (d-pad, x and square for go and stop), and auto transmission. All aids off except driving line and ABS1

Listed as posted in tuners post.

Tuner 1
Time - 1:11:337
DC - 7
Not very forgiving. Miss your marks and you won't recover. Watch out for over rotation and the rear coming round on you.

Tuner 2
Time - 1:12:309
DC - 7
Stable tune with some oversteer. Lack of a custom transmission hurt lap time.

Tuner 3
Time - 1:11:300
DC - 8
Nice stable tune that gets upset by the kerbs. Good turn in and rotation and easy to get the power down.

Tuner 4
Time - 1:11:120
DC - 8.5
Nice stable tune with good turn in and rotation. Easy to throw into corners. Good effort.

Tuner 5
Time - 1:11:616
DC - 8
Good under braking with some understeer present. easy to get the power down. Far and away the best of the Honda's for me.

Tuner 6
Time - 1:11:015
DC - 9
A fast and easy tune to get round the track. Solid under braking with good turn in and rotation. Can get upset by the kerbs so stay away.

Tuner 7
Time - 1:11:063
DC - 10
Excellent well balanced tune. Good under braking, easy to get the power down and great through the corners. Bravo sir.

Tuner 8
Time - 1:12:069
DC - 7
Good under braking but some over rotation. Easy to get the power down but felt a little under powered compared to the other Honda's.

Tuner 9
Time - 1:10:988
DC - 9
A little looser than the others. Good turn in and rotation with a hint of controllable oversteer. Last five laps were all low 1:11's with lap 9 dipping into the 1:10's. Good effort.

Tuner 10
Time - 1:11:361
DC - 7
Took a while to get used to this one. Felt quite stiff and had some understeer. Prefers braking in a straight line rather than into the corner. Provided a good lap time.

Tuner 11
Time - 1:12:223
Dc - 7
A decent drive but locked up under heavy breaking, then some understeer. Again seemed under powered compared to the fastest Honda.

@biffa3 As always, thank you for your time and effort, always appreciated.:D Good times, well, for most anyway.

As for only testing one, I was referring to my tune. Originally, I tested them both stock, then just a few adjustments such as LSD and brakes (both given the same numbers) and thought the Honda was going to be better and more popular:boggled:.....

Let a few more reviews come in, any thoughts as to who belonged to which tune? Don't say yet, just curious.

@biffa3 As always, thank you for your time and effort, always appreciated.:D Good times, well, for most anyway.

As for only testing one, I was referring to my tune. Originally, I tested them both stock, then just a few adjustments such as LSD and brakes (both given the same numbers) and thought the Honda was going to be better and more popular:boggled:.....

Let a few more reviews come in, any thoughts as to who belonged to which tune? Don't say yet, just curious.

May be able to guess the 3 quickest, not neccesarily in the corect order, based purely on previous testing experiences, but I failed miserably guessing in the last blind tuner contest. Also have a feeling the unknown tuner may have tuned a Honda.

That would explain it then!! Looks like Mazda got the PD love instead of the Honda, was expecting a much closer contest.

@Bowtie-muscle , @brian wolf , @DaBomm4 , @DrEmmettBrown , @Gino Caberlin , @ImToLegitToQuit , @praiano63 , @Ridox2JZGTE , @shaunm80 , @xande1959 and Unknown Tuner

All tunes tested for 10 laps with DS3 (d-pad, x and square for go and stop), and auto transmission. All aids off except driving line and ABS1

Tuner 1
DC - 7
Not very forgiving. Miss your marks and you won't recover. Watch out for over rotation and the rear coming round on you.

Tuner 2
DC - 7

Tuner 3
DC - 8
Nice stable tune that gets upset by the kerbs. Good turn in and rotation and easy to get the power down.

Tuner 4
DC - 8.5
Nice stable tune with good turn in and rotation. Easy to throw into corners. Good effort.

Tuner 5
DC - 8
Good under braking with some understeer present. easy to get the power down. Far and away the best of the Honda's for me.

Tuner 6
DC - 9
A fast and easy tune to get round the track. Solid under braking with good turn in and rotation. Can get upset by the kerbs so stay away.

Tuner 7
DC - 10
Excellent well balanced tune. Good under braking, easy to get the power down and great through the corners. Bravo sir.

Tuner 8
DC - 7
Good under braking but some over rotation. Easy to get the power down but felt a little under powered compared to the other Honda's.

Tuner 9
DC - 9
A little looser than the others. Good turn in and rotation with a hint of controllable oversteer. Last five laps were all low 1:11's with lap 9 dipping into the 1:10's. Good effort.

Tuner 10
DC - 7
Took a while to get used to this one. Felt quite stiff and had some understeer. Prefers braking in a straight line rather than into the corner. Provided a good lap time.

Tuner 11
Dc - 7
A decent drive but locked up under heavy breaking, then some understeer. Again seemed under powered compared to the fastest Honda.
appreciate your time and effort man. interesting results. :bowdown:

Tuner 1
DC - 7

Tuner 2
DC - 7

Tuner 3
DC - 8

Tuner 4
DC - 8.5

Tuner 5
DC - 8

Tuner 6
DC - 9

Tuner 7
DC - 10

Tuner 8
DC - 7

Tuner 9
DC - 9

Tuner 10
DC - 7

Tuner 11
Dc - 7

I don't know if you have guessed which is mine :) but I would say you have done great times on all of them and thank you for the review. I don't say more so I won't blow my cover :lol:

When do the testers get to put down their guesses of the tuners? Would we put them here or send them via PM to either @Bowtie-muscle / @DolHaus ? I won't be able to start testing the first batch until this weekend. Like @biffa3 said, I'm looking to improve my guess scores from the last blind challenge.:dunce:
Testers can guess as soon as they have tested and are welcome to post them in the thread 👍
Once the all the testers have posted then everyone is free to have a guess while we tot the scores up, there is no official contest for getting it right as such, only bragging rights are up for grabs really :lol:

When do the testers get to put down their guesses of the tuners? Would we put them here or send them via PM to either @Bowtie-muscle / @DolHaus ? I won't be able to start testing the first batch until this weekend. Like @biffa3 said, I'm looking to improve my guess scores from the last blind challenge.:dunce:
Like DolHaus said, you are free to guess after testing, I think you really should drive the tune before guessing don't you?
If you then want to take a crack at guessing who the Unknown Tuner is........Good luck :lol:

@biffa3 I suppose if you want to post your guesses that would be ok, however, I will not tell you(or anyone else that guesses) publicly if you are correct or not. But will be interesting to see what you think. ;)
The identities will be given at the appropriate time. Did you have a guess on the Unknown Tuner, or just their car choice?

Like DolHaus said, you are free to guess after testing, I think you really should drive the tune before guessing don't you?
If you then want to take a crack at guessing who the Unknown Tuner is........Good luck :lol:

@biffa3 I suppose if you want to post your guesses that would be ok, however, I will not tell you(or anyone else that guesses) publicly if you are correct or not. But will be interesting to see what you think. ;)
The identities will be given at the appropriate time. Did you have a guess on the Unknown Tuner, or just their car choice?

Will save my guessing for when a few more results are posted. It was just car choice for the unknown tuner

Back