FITT: "British Invasion" Congrats to - praiano63, DolHaus, Motor City Hami, Otaliema

Is it okay if I enter a car but not for winning ? I only wanted the car to be abused by testers :lol: or is it the other way around :sly: I have a car build long ago, a Lotus, and it's a replica of stock car, so the PP won't even touch the limit.
Absolutely, nothing says you have to use all the pp available. Which Lotus? Roadster or Street?

Besides, I know you are really just a feedback hound :lol: when it comes to your replicas.

It's in the opening (intro) post, ABS 1 only, best line optional.

That would be correct. I assume low 51's-52. Is anyone using anything but the Lotus? :odd:

Range Rover?:yuck:.......We could always use testers as you know. Deadlines were set up to have 14 days to test each class. Feel free to dive in and test when the time comes. :)

My best lap is 51.2-51.3, back up car just a tad slower but suffering the same late oversteer issue as my GT or could match that time. Still trying to figure it out since it seems to be a car no one else wants to touch.

British Racing Green? Anyone using it? :lol:
Argh. TCS 0 is killing my driving ability at the GT3 races. :( Ill get there though. Glad to know my tune is in the ball park with those times. I hope someone does a different car in this class... On the plus side, it will be cheap for the testers :)

I am not using British Racing Green but a PD colour which looks like that colour but is shinier. People from newcastle will love the shiny-ness of it. (@DolHaus will get that joke).

I like the Victoria Beckham Range Rover.. It has style.. sort off anyway..

Argh. TCS 0 is killing my driving ability at the GT3 races. :( Ill get there though. Glad to know my tune is in the ball park with those times. I hope someone does a different car in this class... On the plus side, it will be cheap for the testers :)

I am not using British Racing Green but a PD colour which looks like that colour but is shinier. People from newcastle will love the shiny-ness of it. (@DolHaus will get that joke).

Just remember, testers will be using TCS 0 also. Feather the throttle, most of the track is not too big of an issue just 2 or 3 turns. Do you use the triggers or the stick. X button?

Absolutely, nothing says you have to use all the pp available. Which Lotus? Roadster or Street?

Besides, I know you are really just a feedback hound :lol: when it comes to your replicas.

It's the Lotus Esprit V8 :) Street class. The car has stock power/weight, but will have suspension setup and LSD from different Esprit aimed at track day racer like most real life Esprit owner would do ;) Fun fact, all Esprit V8 has no LSD from factory, they are all have open diff fitted as standard equipment :eek: and GT6 Esprit V8 has LSD when stock :banghead: the error doesn't stop there, spring rate, alignment, weight and distribution also not accurate, the only correct stat is gearing :lol:

@Ridox2JZGTE a feedback hound say it ain't so!!!! :lol:

@Bowtie-muscle I have not even looked at the cars in game yet. So I may take a different car than the lotus, and you do know the vaxuahall is just a rebadged lotus Elise right?

I'm going to give testers new experience :lol:

Just remember, testers will be using TCS 0 also. Feather the throttle, most of the track is not too big of an issue just 2 or 3 turns. Do you use the triggers or the stick. X button?
Im an X Button man. I tried the stick once, it didnt work well so I tried the triggers and that works okay but I never get as faster times with that than I do with X. I must spend some time learning how to use the triggers though as I may be able to use MT transmission then at the same time. One day ill get there.

It's the Lotus Esprit V8 :) Street class. The car has stock power/weight, but will have suspension setup and LSD from different Esprit aimed at track day racer like most real life Esprit owner would do ;) Fun fact, all Esprit V8 has no LSD from factory, they are all have open diff fitted as standard equipment :eek: and GT6 Esprit V8 has LSD when stock :banghead: the error doesn't stop there, spring rate, alignment, weight and distribution also not accurate, the only correct stat is gearing :lol:

I'm going to give testers new experience :lol:
Im an X Button man. I tried the stick once, it didnt work well so I tried the triggers and that works okay but I never get as faster times with that than I do with X. I must spend some time learning how to use the triggers though as I may be able to use MT transmission then at the same time. One day ill get there.

Ridox, I will add to the list.
Triggers give the best throttle control in MY OPINION, easier to learn than manual trans is. But it all takes time and practice to get the hang of.

I'm afraid you've lost me there??
I like the Evoque as well, its fairly good looking for a soft-roader and it can actually handle some fairly demanding terrain.

@Ridox2JZGTE a feedback hound say it ain't so!!!! :lol:

@Bowtie-muscle I have not even looked at the cars in game yet. So I may take a different car than the lotus, and you do know the vaxuahall is just a rebadged lotus Elise right?
They should be fairly similar but there is a distinct difference in GT, easy enough to spot though. The VX220 was a slightly heavier and softer version of the Elise, had the same chassis but a different engine and a few more creature comforts 👍

I'm afraid you've lost me there??
I like the Evoque as well, its fairly good looking for a soft-roader and it can actually handle some fairly demanding terrain.

They should be fairly similar but there is a distinct difference in GT, easy enough to spot though. The VX220 was a slightly heavier and softer version of the Elise, had the same chassis but a different engine and a few more creature comforts 👍
Magpies. (Newcastle United FC nickname). They like shiny things.. Never mind.. :)

Very true the vaxuhall is heavier with more comforts and yeah this is pd that can't program anything right seems like
I always preferred the VX220 as a car, its extremely quick for a road car but not quite as focussed as the Elise, you can have more fun with it without having to tread such a fine line. The Elise needs to be pushed harder to get anything out of it and you're on a constant knife edge between hard enough and too much, once you go beyond the limit there's no coming back.

I hope that I'm testing at least one MG and Vaxuhall and not seven Lotus's as I tend to buy one car per tuner.

I hope that I'm testing at least one MG and Vaxuhall and not seven Lotus's as I tend to buy one car per tuner.
I'm going to have a look at the other two and see if they can be brought up to the lotus's level, I might just take a punt for the sake of comparison.

(the point of the specs is to make it possible to buy only one of each car and keep cost down, if you choose to do otherwise then that's your decision 👍)

I am toying with posting a Vauxhall, although my Lotus is about 3-4 tenths faster. Have time yet so if I can find just a little more...........
I have faith that you can find those 3-4 tenths. @Otaliema is right, 3-4 tenths is quite a lot these days. Independent speed tests have got my AT time down to 0.51.6xx and I am seeing what a MT guy can do with it. I am happy with my tune but wanted to know what sort of times id be getting when it goes through testing.

I have faith that you can find those 3-4 tenths. @Otaliema is right, 3-4 tenths is quite a lot these days. Independent speed tests have got my AT time down to 0.51.6xx and I am seeing what a MT guy can do with it. I am happy with my tune but wanted to know what sort of times id be getting when it goes through testing.
I need to stop playing with mine before I make it worse (stop giggling, I was talking about the car :lol:)

With how tight we are getting with tuning now 3-4 tenths is enough to keep you off the podium any more.
Seems like multi car challenges need to have pp adjusted for each car to keep them with in a tenth.
Driving style of the testers could be worth 3-4 tenths though. I might not be able to find those tenths but a tester with a different style might, also might not get those 3-4 tenths I did find.

Last edited:
I think to find the best car we have to look at them as a whole. The times do get within 10ths now but dc score can still vary widely. If you find a car or cars with double podiums, that's a really good car.
I've been mulling over a challenge that didn't use a hot lap fir time but combined five laps but not sure how to get that time with out going to race or online....
The idea behind it is to reward a consistent tune over a hop lap tune. We as testers already log 10-20 laps so having the final be 5 consecutive laps combined wouldn't be much. I don't think anyways.

Last edited:
I've been mulling over a challenge that didn't use a hot lap fir time but combined five laps but not sure how to get that time with out going to race or online....
The idea behind it is to reward a consistent tune over a hop lap tune. We as testers already log 20-20 laps so having the final be 5 consecutive laps combined wouldn't be much. I don't think anyways.
i think if we took the scoring that @Motor City Hami did with converting times to points, it would work well. We'd have to multiply it by 10 so the fastest lap is 100 points. then DC score could be on a scale of 0 - 100 also. and highest combined score out of a possible 200 points wins.

This would allow a much more detailed DC scoring process. you could say break it down into 5 sections worth 20 points each. Corner entry, corner exit, braking, grip, confidence level. just for example. that way if a car had great brakes and lots of grip but had some understeer, it would still score high in confidence and the other two categiories and come out with a good DC score. If it had decent lap times because of the confidence then it would be a podium car.

Vice versa you could still podium with a blazingly fast lap and decent DC scores. A car though that would have had say double 2nd place finishes normally would win this way because it was really good at both.

@ImToLegitToQuit hmm interesting idea, maybe rather than 200 point use a 100 point scale, divided in to 75/25 in favor of DC or Lap time based on the goal of the challenge. Eg, a consistanty challenge would weight DC score as the higher part so a more consistent and friendly tune would do better.
Or could do a overall podium that has a point value assigned to each rank in Lap time and DC, where a double first would get max points, with a weighting to one side or the other so that a first and upto say fourth would still take first on the overall podium. Just getting the math right for it would be the tricky part, getting the point scale would be the easy part lol.
The challenge for the tuners would be much higher as it's no longer about making it just stable enough that you get one or two cleans or so stable your too slow.

@ImToLegitToQuit hmm interesting idea, maybe rather than 200 point use a 100 point scale, divided in to 75/25 in favor of DC or Lap time based on the goal of the challenge. Eg, a consistanty challenge would weight DC score as the higher part so a more consistent and friendly tune would do better.
Or could do a overall podium that has a point value assigned to each rank in Lap time and DC, where a double first would get max points, with a weighting to one side or the other so that a first and upto say fourth would still take first on the overall podium. Just getting the math right for it would be the tricky part, getting the point scale would be the easy part lol.
The challenge for the tuners would be much higher as it's no longer about making it just stable enough that you get one or two cleans or so stable your too slow.
That's kind of why I like my idea a little bit better.

1. The math is super simple, the only conversions needed are for the laps after the fastest. Everything else is basic addition.

2. It doesn't ask for a compromise one way or another. Everybody builds the best car they can and the overall best car will shine through.

3. The 100 points for each category allows for 10ths and 100ths to make a real difference and breaking dc into categories gives you a more true score.

Just my thoughts, don't want you to think I'm arguing rather than debating :)

1. The math is super simple, the only conversions needed are for the laps after the fastest. Everything else is basic addition.

2. It doesn't ask for a compromise one way or another. Everybody builds the best car they can and the overall best car will shine through.

3. The 100 points for each category allows for 10ths and 100ths to make a real difference and breaking dc into categories gives you a more true score.

I agree that it can't favour one side or the other, 100 points available for lap time, 100 points available for DC (up to 25 each for entry/mid/exit/grin factor) 👍

I´m going to enter the roadster class too, i love the elise so much, it´s a pleasure even on a short track like Brands Hatch Indy .

So to repeat, i´m in for both class:

ROADSTER CLASS - TUNER & TESTER - CAR : Lotus Elise Type 72 '01

STREET SPORT CLASS - TUNER & TESTER - CAR : Lotus Espirit V8 '02

><(((((°>°°°°°°

Very very true the math is super simple. And the 100 point DC score would be good could do the DC score on any point scale and just add the difference to reach 100 with a perfect score as well if we don't want to make it 25 points per measured area. Would probably be good idea to make it rule of whole numbers if this done though partials would mess up the math.
Or rather the larger the pint scale the less need for partial numbers is a score.

Edit; we should move this idea conversation to the main fitt thread and get back on topic in this one :)

Back