FITT: "British Invasion" Congrats to - praiano63, DolHaus, Motor City Hami, Otaliema

That's your call honestly, the Type 72 was a special production Elise so it has better handling than the normal street Elise, I think PD went a little overboard with the improved handling. But I can tell you right off hand unless we get a smoking good near perfect tune on the VX220 and only 2 two very good tunes on the Type 72, it will be a lotus sweep on , and a high chance with the DC as well it just drives better, you can lay into it harder and not have the tail step out.

My car call is Type 72, i hit a tune set that rocketed it 2 1/2 seconds faster than the VX220....I'm pulling 51.xxx with it and I'm one of the slowest drivers in FITT.
I have been leaning toward the Elise, tried with the VX but it is 4 tenths slower and harder to get that lap. Using the Elise only with current rules sounds like the best sou=lution unless others want to take a swing at one of the others.

I have been leaning toward the Elise, tried with the VX but it is 4 tenths slower and harder to get that lap. Using the Elise only with current rules sounds like the best sou=lution unless others want to take a swing at one of the others.
If you decide to change the rules on gearbox, i will definitely need the extra time to get my Elise competitive against similar cars. If the Elise is a one car only challenge, id rather leave the car as it is with a five speed gear box. Your the boss on this one. :)

you could leave the Elise with the 5 speed and allow top speed adjusted FCT's on the VX220 and MG, so if someone wants to enter one for feedback they can, and not get tottally blown out of the water. I'd just expect the majority of the cars to the Lotus. I think the only way to bring the Lotus in line with the others is to gimp it hard. This little car could be come the new go to fun car for 500PP seasonals after this challenge. It wont be hard to up it that level.

I was going to post an mg but have not been getting updates and missed out on this whole discussion. Just let me know what to do. I also have a lotus I can use at 500pp and just take the power off of it. I'll read everything when I get home.

Even with a 280 km/h transmission, the lotus refuses to goto to the same level as the VX220 and MG :crazy: it's like ohh long gears I will now go flat out!!!!! with no tire spin!!!
each of these cars would be great in a one make challenge.
@ImToLegitToQuit you must have missed a notification one time and it stopped notifying you cause of that.

If you decide to change the rules on gearbox, i will definitely need the extra time to get my Elise competitive against similar cars. If the Elise is a one car only challenge, id rather leave the car as it is with a five speed gear box. Your the boss on this one. :)
Lotus fear box will stay the same even if it changes to a one car. I think allowing a different gearbox on the others is the only solution other than dropping them.
Thoughts? FC trans on the others but only top speed change allowed, Elise stays with fixed 5 speed?

Lotus fear box will stay the same even if it changes to a one car. I think allowing a different gearbox on the others is the only solution other than dropping them.
Thoughts? FC trans on the others but only top speed change allowed, Elise stays with fixed 5 speed?
That could work.
I think its just that one corner thats killing the other two, if they could be made faster in between then they might be able to close the gap

Im okay with that idea. It does more good than harm. It sounds like the best option so far.

Longer gears might help the other two, is that the thought with the MG and VX @Otaliema ?
That might work but the lenghtend gears to reduce wheel spin will kill the acceleraion and they don't carry speed as well as the lotus.

I like that call, let the tune decied on the top end for the car, goto for broke with acceleration sacing top speed or set the box for spin control...

That could work.
I think its just that one corner thats killing the other two, if they could be made faster in between then they might be able to close the gap
Yeah turn 1 and turn 4 are the ones killing them for me, the 160 i posted a bit back must have been a fluke cause I have not matched it again but i am averaging 145 through turns 4 and 5 leading into the final turn before the start/finish straight.

@787bcgr
Bowtie-muscle
@Dagger311
@DolHaus
@ImToLegitToQuit
@Otaliema
@praiano63
@shaunm80
@sinof1337
@xande1959
@macdog54

Gentlemen, I apologize for the oversight during preliminary testing but it appears as though we have an "overdog" in the Elise. Early testing showed the cars not that far off of one another but after tuning it looks like the Elise is the car of choice due to a slight advantage. I have decided to give three options as solutions and will leave it up to the participants to decide by majority.

A. Eliminate the Elise and leave the others making a two car challenge with no rule changes.
B. Eliminate the MG and VX220 and make it a one car challenge, Elise only, no rule change.
C. Leave the Elise as is and allow transmission options on the other two. MG and VX220 would be allowed to have trans choice BUT ONLY THE TOP SPEED would be allowed to be changed. This might encourage some use of these 2 cars.

Option C would be my preference, I would also allow a 48 hour tuning extension to anyone who would like it.

Please give your vote and feedback please.

Thanks, Bowtie

@787bcgr
Bowtie-muscle
@Dagger311
@DolHaus
@ImToLegitToQuit
@Otaliema
@praiano63
@shaunm80
@sinof1337
@xande1959
@macdog54

Gentlemen, I apologize for the oversight during preliminary testing but it appears as though we have an "overdog" in the Elise. Early testing showed the cars not that far off of one another but after tuning it looks like the Elise is the car of choice due to a slight advantage. I have decided to give three options as solutions and will leave it up to the participants to decide by majority.

A. Eliminate the Elise and leave the others making a two car challenge with no rule changes.
B. Eliminate the MG and VX220 and make it a one car challenge, Elise only, no rule change.
C. Leave the Elise as is and allow transmission options on the other two. MG and VX220 would be allowed to have trans choice BUT ONLY THE TOP SPEED would be allowed to be changed. This might encourage some use of these 2 cars.

Option C would be my preference, I would also allow a 48 hour tuning extension to anyone who would like it.

Thanks, Bowtie
Option C for me too.

@787bcgr
Bowtie-muscle
@Dagger311
@DolHaus
@ImToLegitToQuit
@Otaliema
@praiano63
@shaunm80
@sinof1337
@xande1959
@macdog54

Thanks, Bowtie
I vote Option C as well, it will allow tuners to use the car of thier choice and hopfully allow one of the other cars to creep into the podium.

@787bcgr
Bowtie-muscle
@Dagger311
@DolHaus
@ImToLegitToQuit
@Otaliema
@praiano63
@shaunm80
@sinof1337
@xande1959
@macdog54

Thanks, Bowtie
C good .

C for me

I didn´t really check between the MG , VX220 and elise but i think a custom gearbox will not be enough. Perhap adding a double or triple clutch will fill the gap... 💡

Good idea, those parts are usually worth a tenth 👍

Option C for me too.
I vote Option C as well, it will allow tuners to use the car of thier choice and hopfully allow one of the other cars to creep into the podium.
I choose C.
C is ok for me.
C seems good. Currently planning on using the Type 72, but can change if necessary.
I didn´t really check between the MG , VX220 and elise but i think a custom gearbox will not be enough. Perhap adding a double or triple clutch will fill the gap... 💡
Can you adjust the FC trans to closely match the Elise trans?
Ok so option C is what we are going with. I will update the rules post but here is what will happen. Lotus Elise stays the same, must use 5 speed fixed trans. The MG and the VX220 will have freedom to choose trans: the VX220 can have either stock, 5 speed fixed or Full Custom. IF FC is chosen however, only Top Speed may be adjusted.
The MG will be allowed to have stock, 5 speed fixed, 6 speed fixed or FC; again FC Top Speed only can be adjusted.
IN ADDITION, the MG and the VX220 will be allowed the use of Twin or Triple-Plate clutches, the Elise must stay standard.

As for matching the Elise, I had a tune built for each car and the Elise was the fastest. The VX was next, by adding the FC trans and triple clutch, making minor other adjustments, I lowered my previous best only 1 tenth but the tune was tricky to begin with and I was not satisfied or finished. That put it 3 tenths behind my Elise tune. The MG was over a second off the pace but had the least amount of time spent. Adding the 6 speed fixed and the FC caused other changes to be needed. Adding the clutch and FC raising the top speed and only using 5 gears brought that tune down to within 7 tenths. Therefore, a better tuner of these cars may be able to bring them into contention here although from the sounds of the responses, it does appear as though most have already decided on the Elise. At least now there is another option.

Any questions, please just ask. (Dolhaus also voted for C)

Ok so option C is what we are going with. I will update the rules post but here is what will happen. Lotus Elise stays the same, must use 5 speed fixed trans. The MG and the VX220 will have freedom to choose trans: the VX220 can have either stock, 5 speed fixed or Full Custom. IF FC is chosen however, only Top Speed may be adjusted.
The MG will be allowed to have stock, 5 speed fixed, 6 speed fixed or FC; again FC Top Speed only can be adjusted.
IN ADDITION, the MG and the VX220 will be allowed the use of Twin or Triple-Plate clutches, the Elise must stay standard.

As for matching the Elise, I had a tune built for each car and the Elise was the fastest. The VX was next, by adding the FC trans and triple clutch, making minor other adjustments, I lowered my previous best only 1 tenth but the tune was tricky to begin with and I was not satisfied or finished. That put it 3 tenths behind my Elise tune. The MG was over a second off the pace but had the least amount of time spent. Adding the 6 speed fixed and the FC caused other changes to be needed. Adding the clutch and FC raising the top speed and only using 5 gears brought that tune down to within 7 tenths. Therefore, a better tuner of these cars may be able to bring them into contention here although from the sounds of the responses, it does appear as though most have already decided on the Elise. At least now there is another option.

Any questions, please just ask. (Dolhaus also voted for C)
I did a quick test with the MG and the VX220 against my elise ghost. Custom trans + double clutch on both was not enough to fight against the elise. They need in my opinion around 5PP to 10PP more.

I did a quick test with the MG and the VX220 against my elise ghost. Custom trans + double clutch on both was not enough to fight against the elise. They need in my opinion around 5PP to 10PP more.
Would a change to 460pp for the Vx and MG make them more appealing?

I think 10PP more for both + custom gearbox and clutch would give a fair contest.

EDIT: but i´ll still stick with my elise ... for the driving sensation.
I think everyone is using the Elise, it seems to be a lost star that has been uncovered here. Will try 1 more time to bring things closer but not sure it will change anyone's choice.

@787bcgr
Bowtie-muscle
@Dagger311
@DolHaus
@ImToLegitToQuit
@Otaliema
@praiano63
@shaunm80
@sinof1337
@xande1959
@macdog54

I am not sure if it will change anyone's choice but, does anyone have an issue with 1 final change?
Allowing a 10pp increase in pp and full range adjustment on trans for the MG and VX220 to attempt to bring them closer. Most responses say the Elise is the choice, but this may be enough to change a mind or two.
that change is okay with me. I won't be changing my entry but if anyone is thinking about using alternative cars, I wouldn't want them to not consider it. Change away. :)

Back