FITT: "British Invasion" Congrats to - praiano63, DolHaus, Motor City Hami, Otaliema

I´m going to enter the roadster class too, i love the elise so much, it´s a pleasure even on a short track like Brands Hatch Indy .

So to repeat, i´m in for both class:

ROADSTER CLASS - TUNER & TESTER - CAR : Lotus Elise Type 72 '01

STREET SPORT CLASS - TUNER & TESTER - CAR : Lotus Espirit V8 '02

><(((((°>°°°°°°
Updated the list, thank you for more testing.👍

@Otaliema @ImToLegitToQuit very interesting thoughts you guys have there. Would be a change but if you can work out the wrinkles.....might be worth a go and see how it turns out.

Too late to sign up for the street sports and roadsters as a tester?
The only it's too late is when there is a sign up deadline, or the tuning or testing windows has closed. Welcome to the challenge, I look forward to seeing what you bring to the challenge. :) :cheers:

The only it's too late is when there is a sign up deadline, or the tuning or testing windows has closed. Welcome to the challenge, I look forward to seeing what you bring to the challenge. :) :cheers:
Thanks. Is there anything I need to do to sign up, or just start testing?

Too late to sign up for the street sports and roadsters as a tester?
Good to see you back :cheers:

The testing procedures and dates are detailed in the OP, give them a quick read and feel free to ask any questions that you may have

Thanks. Is there anything I need to do to sign up, or just start testing?
Sorry, I thought I saw tuner:dunce:.....testing is not going to start until next week, watch the tunes as they get posted and feel free to ask questions if needed. Still room to tune if you would like also.

Still plenty of time to join in. I will update the lists, please be sure to read first post and post for each class.
Welcome to the challenge.👍

Edit: start tuning, you are now signed up:D
Alright, thanks. I'll probably do more testing than tuning, never was very good at the latter. :P

Good to see you back :cheers:
Thanks! Got bored one day and decided I'd try to fix up a couple of cars, then decided I'd try the FITT challenges.
Sorry, I thought I saw tuner:dunce:.....testing is not going to start until next week, watch the tunes as they get posted and feel free to ask questions if needed. Still room to tune if you would like also.
I'll do both, that's fine. I need some practice, figured this is as good a place as any. :P

Alright, thanks. I'll probably do more testing than tuning, never was very good at the latter. :P

Thanks! Got bored one day and decided I'd try to fix up a couple of cars, then decided I'd try the FITT challenges.

I'll do both, that's fine. I need some practice, figured this is as good a place as any. :P
I will update the lists, good luck and have fun, that is the ultimate goal anyway.:)

FITT contests are a great way to improve, you get to see how your cars stack up when compared to others and testing gives you first hand experience of how others are approaching their tunes and what effects it has.

Great bunch of people involved, people are always happy to help out or offer advice when needed

@Bowtie-muscle while I was testing the cars to determin which to use, I notcied something odd with the Type 72, it was getting much closer to it's red line in fifth gear than the other two so I looked at the transmissions the Type 72 has a speed cap of 220 and the VX220 and MG have caps set at 240, this dosn't sound like a big deal but that 20 km/h equates to about a second at brands hatch in terms acceleration potential. I did some quick testing using the 5 speed fixed and Top speed set customizabile set at 200 km/h. no other changes this is what I found. *top speed tested at daytona just for numbers*
The MG does get a 6 gear transmission but that helps it to over come it's lack of grip in the turns.

TS Type 72 frt 217 km/h time;53.822 fct 200->196 time; 53.358
VX220 frt 235 km/h time; 54.154 fct 200-> 196 time; 53.352
MG frt 232 km/h time;54.379 fct 200->194 km/h time; 53.525

Do you think something needs changing?
I think maybe allow the Customiable transmission but only allow the TS to be adjsuted to 200/125 or 210/130 and that will greatly level the cars out and we will be far more likely to see something other than a Type 72. as it stands the type gets up to to speed so much faster that the higher speed the other cars can get to means nothing on such a short course.
And it will make testing easier as we just have to toggle the speed slider to reset the gears.

As long as they are on a fixed ratio of sorts (Fixed top speed, no custom gear tuning) then I don't see a problem. I tried to get the other two closer to the lotus using rear ballast (the only obvious differnce) but they're still around a 0.7 off

that would be the idea keep all the cars with in 2 km/h of each other top speed wise than it is more related to how well the car is tuned than the fact it gets to speed much faster than the others.

I think maybe allow the Customiable transmission but only allow the TS to be adjsuted to 200/125 or 210/130 and that will greatly level the cars out and we will be far more likely to see something other than a Type 72. as it stands the type gets up to to speed so much faster that the higher speed the other cars can get to means nothing on such a short course.
And it will make testing easier as we just have to toggle the speed slider to reset the gears.
Sorry guys, be a little patient with me as I am at work, IF we make the Top Speed on customizable trans at 137mph? would that make sense and can someone tell me what kph that is? Guess that is why everyone likes the Lotus. Perhaps add 48hours to tuning or do you think it is unnecessary?

Sorry guys, be a little patient with me as I am at work, IF we make the Top Speed on customizable trans at 137mph? would that make sense and can someone tell me what kph that is? Guess that is why everyone likes the Lotus. Perhaps add 48hours to tuning or do you think it is unnecessary?
I think it would probably help to add a little tuning time 👍

137 is 220 km/h thats the lotus speed.

I think it would probably help to add a little tuning time 👍
I don't think much if any retune will be needed matching the speed up on teh transmissions levvels the cars out alot, I still think the lotus is going to be a favored car as it seems to a little PD ghost in it, bbut the equal speed makes teh VX220 a serious challenger and brings teh MG into the mix.

137 is 220 km/h thats the lotus speed.

I don't think much if any retune will be needed matching the speed up on teh transmissions levvels the cars out alot, I still think the lotus is going to be a favored car as it seems to a little PD ghost in it, bbut the equal speed makes teh VX220 a serious challenger and brings teh MG into the mix.
The full custom box is a 6 speed right? That will make the gears shorter and power delivery more violent so the cars might need adjusting to cope with any extra wheelspin. These cars are twitchy anyway, it doesn't take much to upset them

The full custom box is a 6 speed right? That will make the gears shorter and power delivery more violent so the cars might need adjusting to cope with any extra wheelspin. These cars are twitchy anyway, it doesn't take much to upset them
Only the MG gets a 6 speed the Type 72 and VX220 stay aat 5 speeds. The MG carriers 125ish more kg's so the shorter gears help it out alot. The type 72 wont need any retune with the speed set to 220 the VX220 might need a little softening on the tail to handle the more focefull acceleration.

Only the MG gets a 6 speed the Type 72 and VX220 stay aat 5 speeds. The MG carriers 125ish more kg's so the shorter gears help it out alot. The type 72 wont need any retune with the speed set to 220 the VX220 might need a little softening on the tail to handle the more focefull acceleration.
What is the next top speed up, 147mph/??kph? Would that be a better choice? Really would like to break it up so that it is not 1 MG, 1 VX220, and the rest all Lotus'.

What is the next top speed up, 147mph/??kph? Would that be a better choice? Really would like to break it up so that it is not 1 MG, 1 VX220, and the rest all Lotus'.
I will have a look later and see what needs to be done to bring the others up to pace.
They seemed really close in pre-testing but the lotus has just pulled a big gap that seems impossible to close. Its the only car that can go flat out through turn 4 consistently, that seems to be where the time is being lost. Giving the other two an acceleration advantage might close the gap a little

@Bowtie-muscle 147=235 km/h, the lotus does seem to have a grip advantage now that I have based tuned it, it's regianed the 3 tenths it had prior to the transmission change.
I can hold the MG and VX220 at 135/83-140/86 in turn 4, the lotus can clear it at 160/99... it seems to just hold better than the other cars.

@Bowtie-muscle 147=235 km/h, the lotus does seem to have a grip advantage now that I have based tuned it, it's regianed the 3 tenths it had prior to the transmission change.
I can hold the MG and VX220 at 135/83-140/86 in turn 4, the lotus can clear it at 160/99... it seems to just hold better than the other cars.
Would it be best to just eliminate the MG and VX220 since most seem to be tuning the Lotus or would it be better to give free reign on trans and just change it to full custom allowed?

Would it be best to just eliminate the MG and VX220 since most seem to be tuning the Lotus or would it be better to give free reign on trans and just change it to full custom allowed?
That's your call honestly, the Type 72 was a special production Elise so it has better handling than the normal street Elise, I think PD went a little overboard with the improved handling. But I can tell you right off hand unless we get a smoking good near perfect tune on the VX220 and only 2 two very good tunes on the Type 72, it will be a lotus sweep on , and a high chance with the DC as well it just drives better, you can lay into it harder and not have the tail step out.

My car call is Type 72, i hit a tune set that rocketed it 2 1/2 seconds faster than the VX220....I'm pulling 51.xxx with it and I'm one of the slowest drivers in FITT.

Latest Posts

Back