FITT: "British Invasion" Congrats to - praiano63, DolHaus, Motor City Hami, Otaliema

Plenty of time left. More fun spending time with the kids, don't you think?
Yeah it was. Always is. My son went off and chucked a action figure we found at another mom at the playground and refused to tell her sorry so we left. Back to a little of testing while they eat lunch and rest *maybe even take a nap **gasp*** :lol:
I'll get the testing done when it get done. Last play time till Tuesday.
Can't aruge about the weather today though 55 in the sun, plenty of clear ground for the kids to play on and just enough snow lefft in the shade to have a snowball fight >:-)

XKRSx.jpg

FITT Pro Touring GT
Jaguar XKR-S '11
Project: Scoundrel

Wheel / Joypad: PS3 controller
Power: 638 BHP @ 7300 Rpm / 72.7 kgfm @ 4300 Rpm
Weight: 1400 kg
Performance Points: 603 PP
Wheels: Standard Size
Fitted parts: Front Aero A/ Flat Floor A/ Custom Rear Wing
Tires: RH
Weight Distribution: 51:49

Suspension : (Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)

Ride Height: Front: 90 Rear: 90
Spring Rate: Front: 8.58 kg Rear: 9.20 kg
Dampers (Compression):Front: 5 Rear: 10
Dampers (Extension): Front: 10 Rear: 5
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 6 Rear: 7
Camber Angle (-): Front: 0.0° Rear: 0.0°
Toe Angle: Front: 0.02° Rear: 0.00°
Brakes (Racing): F: 3 R: 5

Drivetrain: (Fully Customisable Transmission)
1) Set final to 5.000
2) Set Max Speed to 137
3) Set in sequence (6-5-4-3-2-1-F)

1: 3.054

2: 2.235
3: 1.709
4: 1.370
5: 1.123
6: 0.955

Final: 3.600

Differential Gear: Fully Customisable Mechanical Limited-Slip Diff​

Initial Torque: R= 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: R= 11
Braking Sensitivity: R= 7

Clutch & Flywheel:
Triple-Plate
Propeller Shaft: Carbon

Power

Oil Change:
No
Power Limiter: 99.9%
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Computer: Standard
Exhaust: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Standard
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Intake Tuning: Standard
Turbo Kit: Stage: Standard
Nitrous Oxide (N2O): No

Body

Body Rigidity Improvement:
No
Downforce: F: 0 R: 6
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Bonnet: Carbon
Windows: Weight Reduction
Ballast: 58 kg
Ballast position: 50%

Last edited:
FITT: "British Invasion"
Street Sports Car

Lotus Esprit V8 2002

Bowtie-muscle
1:20.920 DC=8.0

Neutral car well balanced, with a few underster entering corners no problem, steady line mid corner , not very responsive here, good safe out corner. Good accel performance and quick reactions when changing direction. My main problem with this car was the gearbox, space betwen 1st and second gear don´t explore all the power where it is, sometime you need to shift the upper gear just before braking point.
The same gearbox with 2.472 1.906 1.514 1.211 0.974 final at 4,350 shave 0.500 on the lap time first try.
Very good car but not helped by the gearbox.

Demonchilde
1:21.136 DC=7.0

The car is heavy at the front, a bit lazy to take his line, small understeer on entry, the brakes are not helping to correct this. Neutral mid corner and good out corner. The very long gearbox ,too long for this track don´t explore the power well. The ARB with a higher number at the front don´t let the driver use the throttle control to place the car in the right left turns succession.
I like safe cars but this one is too safe in my opinion. Overall balance is good , just need loose settings for more eagernes and closer gears.

DolHaus
1:20.307 DC=9.0

Excelent car, very soft and very well balanced over springs and dampers. Nice feeling in , mid and out corner showing good eagerness easy to place. Perhaps i would increase 1 point to all dampers to limit weight transfer and have more answer at the wheel.Just my own taste.Good gearbox well spreaded all over the circuit.
Congrats, great tune.

Nijalninja
1:21.348 DC=7.0

The car is tied up by an antioversteer setting, ballast ,rear TOE , LSD decell... but have some good points out corner where it perform well (perhaps the strange high accell 50/58/32 LSD ???That i thought it would induce a lot of oversteer but it stay well planted with a good traction under accel out corner) To resume the car is ok , but with a huge margin to let it looser and faster. Principally in and mid corner where you loose time waiting to pass the apex patiently.
Gearbox also is a bit too long.

Ridox2JZGTE
1:23.540 DC=8.5

The car have his performance on this track limited by his weight and stock gearbox but the driving pleasure is real. First by the engine sound not perturbed by the custom trans, it´s really good to hear on this car , i would like to see a PD hot fix taking out this anoying custom gearbox noise. After by the perfect balance that let the car very alive with a high precision front end and the rear that want to come over just as it does. I enjoy a lot this drive. Congrats, great tune.

sinof1337
1:20.813 DC= 8.5

Even with the 55kg front ballast , this car stay more alive than the others with the same option.Nice in corner , very good brakes leading to the apex, good throttle control mid corner, normal steady out. Just a bit lazy for changes of direction. The last part before the finish is where i loose 0.200.
Nice all around tune, well done.

praiano63
1:20.175 DC=8.5

TVR Tuscan Speed 6

787bcgr
1:21.163 DC 8.00

The car move very well ovr springs and dampers, still few understeer entering a corner, the mid corner is ok with a good throtle answer, need to be syncronised with wheel and throttle to make a good out, the car perform very well here.Quick change of direction have to be anticipated putting the car inline before acceleration. Good overall driving sensation , nice tune.

DaBomm4
1:21.124 DC=8.0

Perfect balance, very easy to drive fast, the front is a bit lazzy sometime but nothing big for the tuscan. The car do exactly what you want him to do. Good brakes in corner, good control mid corner, the out would need a higher LSD accel setting to be more incisive.
Good tune, congrats.

shaunm80
1:21.185 DC=8.0

Very similar tune as Dabomm4, the car is very sane all sectors, a bit lazy out corner, i think the tune like all the others tuscan tunes could be more oriented to generate some more front grip. Good overall tune, very safe and balanced. Good job.

xande1959
1:22.080 DC=7.5

The car is heavier than the others TVR , well balanced over springs and dampers , good in , mid and out corner, but just with more understeer than the others due to the front ballast . It add even more understeer to a car that already have some. Good gearbox and engine sound.
Good tune all around, just a question ,perhaps the ballast is rear at +30 ?? I´ve tested it and it´s faster 0.300 with a lot more eagerness... Perhaps a mistake on the tune sheet ??

Specials comments:
For the tuscans , i think the no ballast or front ballast options was not the right way to go. Something like with rear ballast , softer front spring and fornt dampers comp.... lower LSD decell.... let the car much more agressive without danger for the driving.
I did a quick tune for the TVR that was as fast as my Esprit V8 but i prefer the lotus for a question of feeling. Here it is beside the shootout , just for who want to test it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TVR Tuscan Speed 6 praiano. 1:20.2xx
525PP
404HP
975kg
330ft/lb
2,41kg/hp
Sport medium tires

body:
WR3
Carbon hood
WW reduction
ballast = 55kg pos +50

power 99%
sport computer
isometric exhaust man
ctalytic converter sport

drivtrain
LSD custom 5/16/10
triple plate clutch kit
carbon drive shaft

transmission
final gear max 5.500
top speed mini 200 kmh
1st 2,464
2d 1,727
3rd 1,406
4th 1,160
5th 0,971
final gear again 4,200

suspension fully custom
RH 100/90
spring 5,70/6,90
comp 3/5
ext 5/3
arb 4/7

Racing brakes 3/5

Congratulations to tuners and testers. Good luck everybody.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°

Last edited:
DolHaus

Excelent car, very soft and very well balanced over springs and dampers. Nice feeling in , mid and out corner showing good eagerness easy to place. Perhaps i would increase 1 point to all dampers to limit weight transfer and have more answer at the wheel.Just my own taste.Good gearbox well spreaded all over the circuit.
Congrats, great tune.
Thank you very much for the review and great lap times 👍
Glad you enjoyed the car, was worried that I'd pushed it a bit far and made it hard to drive. I think if I was using a wheel then I would have set the dampers a click higher but with the reduced steering and throttle control on a controller it made the car slightly less edgy :cheers:

PicsArt_1416761609990.jpg

Jaguar XKR-S '11
Matte Light Silver
Aero Kit Type A
Wing Mount A, Wing Large B, Wingley Large E, +5 Height, +10 Width
RAYS GTS Standard Size (Dark Silver Color)
FC Suspension
FC Transmission
FC LSD
Racing Brakes
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Engine Stage 3
Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood (Body Color)
Window Weight Reduction
TUNE
Ride Height: 100/100
Spring Rates: 10.38/12.60
Dampers Compression: 4/4
Dampers Extension: 5/6
Roll Bars: 2/1
Camber: 0/0
Toe: -0.30/+0.17
Brake Balance: 5/5
Initial Torque: 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 10
Power Limiter: 99.9%
Rear Downforce: 10
Ballast: 58kg
Ballast Position: 50%
Transmission: Set Final to Max, Top Speed to Minimum, then:
Final: 3.660
1:3.210
2:2.157
3:1.611
4:1.277
5:1.084
6:0.955

Bowtie-muscle

Neutral car well balanced, with a few underster entering corners no problem, steady line mid corner , not very responsive here, good safe out corner. Good accel performance and quick reactions when changing direction. My main problem with this car was the gearbox, space betwen 1st and second gear don´t explore all the power where it is, sometime you need to shift the upper gear just before braking point.
The same gearbox with 2.472 1.906 1.514 1.211 0.974 final at 4,350 shave 0.500 on the lap time first try.

Thank you for the review, after driving the others, mine did have some understeering corners and the trans did feel too long in the lower gears. But it still managed to give a good time. Needed more time with it and I just did not have enough.

FITT Street Sports Car Class review:

Espirit vs Tuscan Speed 6

All tunes tested at random with my tune being the last. Tested with DS3, manual trans, left stick steer and triggers for gas/brake. ABS 1 only, Arcade Mode with Grip set to real.

I am only an average driver and average tuner, so my times may not match your own but I tried to get the most out of each tune. This track did not really suit these cars making this quite the challenge.

@787bcgr :
Time - 1:22.352 - DC 8.5

This was a solid tune, the gearing was set just long enough to keep the rear in check on exit without slowing the acceleration. Still could get the rear out of shape if throttle control was not used, the end section before final right hander was also a bit tricky but fast when taken smooth. Nice job. :)

@Bowtie-muscle :
Time - 1:21.708 - DC 8.0

No comment.:embarrassed:

@DaBomm4 :
Time - 1:22.420 - DC 8.2

This was a "not my driving style" type of tune but I had soooo much fun with it. Really fun tune, a blast to drive with the way the car loved to rotate (sometimes almost too much:crazy:). Needed throttle control to keep it straight but when I did I was impressed. The rear could jump out but most of the time was manageable. Would have liked the final gear to be a bit lower though, 3.600 maybe?...... Great Job!:D

@demonchilde :
Time - 1:22.903 - DC 7.5

Found the final drive too low as I never it 5th in any of my laps :confused:. The rear end was tamed too well as it took just a bit longer for me to get back on throttle, but always exited well. Time should have been better by 2-3 tenths or just a bit more, unfortunately I just did not get that perfect lap. :ouch:

@DolHaus :
Time - 1:21.244 - DC 9.5
I highly anticipated you submitting a TVR but am thoroughly glad you didn't. This was fast from the start, had the feeling of fast like it had more pp or better tires before I got to the finish line. Quit and rechecked to ensure Grip was set to real. It did demand the proper line or it could go all over the place (final section) but when it was right, it was Awesome.👍 NOTHING else needs to be said. :eek:

@praiano63 :
Time - 1:21.357 - DC 9.4

Excellent tune right here and not really surprised, I can see how you fell in love with driving this tune. Nothing really to say other than do not push too hard or too deep into the corners, it doesn't even need to be pushed. It's fast although it did not have the same fast feeling as DolHaus's, but very easy to drive and be consistent. The best tune of them all through the final section. Very Well Done Sir. 👍
👍

@nijalninja :
Time 1:22.787 - DC 7.5

With high ride height and soft springs/dampers mixed with high LSD settings, I expected worse than I got. Handled well when driving correctly, too aggressive with the throttle could cause it to jump sideways, loads of weight transfer could cause entry push (understeer) but finding the line fixed most of the issues. Nice job!:cool:

@Ridox2JZGTE :
Time - 1:24.343 - DC 7.5

Not bad once I learned how to control all that rear weight (a few bodies back there maybe?). Handled really well when weight transfer did not jump out and surprise you, stock tranny even made for a fun ride. Plenty of power and my lap time was shocking as I expected it to be lower, felt faster than the time shows and was fun to drive.

@shaunm80 :
Time - 1:22.370 - DC 9.0

Patience.....easy in, fast out.....90% of the time this is how I drive and because of that I loved this tune. Smooth and easy to drive and never got out of line, very stable and shockingly fast as you do not realize how quick the lap is. My hat's off to you again for this driving pleasure. :D

@sinof1337 :
Time - 1:23.113 - DC 8.0

This is not a bad tune, what happened with the lap time I do not know. Was a little slow to get on throttle but once I got the rhythm it was easy to be consistent. I did lose two or three faster laps through the final section trying to get more out of it. A much much better tune than the time I got out of it, can only assume driver just failed. :banghead: Hoping someone else gets this tune to shine.

@xande1959 :
Time - 1:23.412 - DC 7.5

This was the TVR version of @sinof1337 's Lotus, just could not get the car to go faster and it never felt as slow as the time would suggest. The only thing I can figure out is that it was slower to rotate than the others causing me to wait too long to get on the throttle. Would launch out of the corners and never seemed to lack grip, final section also may have been where most of the time was lost. I did go back and retest this tune after finishing all the others and did drop the time .486, otherwise it was would really been worse.

Please feel free to ask questions if you want more detail, I expect the reviews from @praiano63 and @DolHaus to be thorough and detailed so I kept it simple.:rolleyes:

Final results .
Street Sports Car

Lotus Esprit V8 2002

Bowtie-muscle

Demonchilde

The car is heavy at the front, a bit lazy to take his line, small understeer on entry, the brakes are not helping to correct this. Neutral mid corner and good out corner. The very long gearbox ,too long for this track don´t explore the power well. The ARB with a higher number at the front don´t let the driver use the throttle control to place the car in the right left turns succession.
I like safe cars but this one is too safe in my opinion. Overall balance is good , just need loose settings for more eagernes and closer gears.

DolHaus

Congrats, great tune.

Nijalninja

The car is tied up by an antioversteer setting, ballast ,rear TOE , LSD decell... but have some good points out corner where it perform well (perhaps the strange high accell 50/58/32 LSD ???That i thought it would induce a lot of oversteer but it stay well planted with a good traction under accel out corner) To resume the car is ok , but with a huge margin to let it looser and faster. Principally in and mid corner where you loose time waiting to pass the apex patiently.

Ridox2JZGTE

The car have his performance on this track limited by his weight and stock gearbox but the driving pleasure is real. First by the engine sound not perturbed by the custom trans, it´s really good to hear on this car , i would like to see a PD hot fix taking out this anoying custom gearbox noise. After by the perfect balance that let the car very alive with a high precision front end and the rear that want to come over just as it does. I enjoy a lot this drive. Congrats, great tune.

sinof1337

Even with the 55kg front ballast , this car stay more alive than the others with the same option.Nice in corner , very good brakes leading to the apex, good throttle control mid corner, normal steady out. Just a bit lazy for changes of direction. The last part before the finish is where i loose 0.200.

praiano63

TVR Tuscan Speed 6

787bcgr

The car move very well ovr springs and dampers, still few understeer entering a corner, the mid corner is ok with a good throtle answer, need to be syncronised with wheel and throttle to make a good out, the car perform very well here.Quick change of direction have to be anticipated putting the car inline before acceleration. Good overall driving sensation , nice tune.

DaBomm4

Perfect balance, very easy to drive fast, the front is a bit lazzy sometime but nothing big for the tuscan. The car do exactly what you want him to do. Good brakes in corner, good control mid corner, the out would need a higher LSD accel setting to be more incisive.
Good tune, congrats.

shaunm80

Very similar tune as Dabomm4, the car is very sane all sectors, a bit lazy out corner, i think the tune like all the others tuscan tunes could be more oriented to generate some more front grip. Good overall tune, very safe and balanced. Good job.

xande1959

The car is heavier than the others TVR , well balanced over springs and dampers , good in , mid and out corner, but just with more understeer than the others due to the front ballast . It add even more understeer to a car that already have some. Good gearbox and engine sound.
Good tune all around, just a question ,perhaps the ballast is rear at +30 ?? I´ve tested it and it´s faster 0.300 with a lot more eagerness... Perhaps a mistake on the tune sheet ??
For the tuscans , i think the no ballast or front ballast options was not the right way to go. Something like with rear ballast , softer front spring and fornt dampers comp.... lower LSD decell.... let the car much more agressive without danger for the driving.
I did a quick tune for the TVR that was as fast as my Esprit V8 but i prefer the lotus for a question of feeling. Here it is beside the shootout , just for who want to test it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

525PP
404HP
975kg
330ft/lb
2,41kg/hp
Sport medium tires

body:
WR3
Carbon hood
WW reduction
ballast = 55kg pos +50

power 99%
sport computer
isometric exhaust man
ctalytic converter sport

drivtrain
LSD custom 5/16/10
triple plate clutch kit
carbon drive shaft

transmission
final gear max 5.500
top speed mini 200 kmh
1st 2,464
2d 1,727
3rd 1,406
4th 1,160
5th 0,971
final gear again 4,200

suspension fully custom
RH 100/90
spring 5,70/6,90
comp 3/5
ext 5/3
arb 4/7

Racing brakes 3/5

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°

All tunes tested at random with my tune being the last. Tested with DS3, manual trans, left stick steer and triggers for gas/brake. ABS 1 only, Arcade Mode with Grip set to real.

I am only an average driver and average tuner, so my times may not match your own but I tried to get the most out of each tune. This track did not really suit these cars making this quite the challenge.

@shaunm80 :

Patience.....easy in, fast out.....90% of the time this is how I drive and because of that I loved this tune. Smooth and easy to drive and never got out of line, very stable and shockingly fast as you do not realize how quick the lap is. My hat's off to you again for this driving pleasure. :D
A very honest thank you for this review. I wasn't sure how this tune was going to handle in other peoples hands as I basically ran out of time with these FITT tunes. I am grateful for the kind remarks and glad that you enjoyed driving this car. Thanks again.

@DolHaus :
I highly anticipated you submitting a TVR but am thoroughly glad you didn't. This was fast from the start, had the feeling of fast like it had more pp or better tires before I got to the finish line. Quit and rechecked to ensure Grip was set to real. It did demand the proper line or it could go all over the place (final section) but when it was right, it was Awesome.👍 NOTHING else needs to be said. :eek:
Thank you very much for the review and I'm glad you enjoyed the car, great times as well :cheers:
I really thought I'd overdone the car but I'm extremely happy that its performing well and that people are enjoying it 👍

Thank you to those who tested. I am aware that my car was not finished being tuned, it basically was where I was so far, the morning I had to post it. (As it was, I just got home from work in time to post what I had before he turned on his computer that morning, lol)
But done or not, deadlines are deadlines.
I broke the golden rule of tuning.
"Never say it's done before you step back and review it as if you are seeing it for the first time. Rate it to yourself as if it was someone elses, and you will truly see the loopholes."

When I went back this morning to try it out, I basically came to the same conclusions as Priano did, lol.
I am glad I did get as far as I did though, Its wonderful to get input during the process, and gives's me a good idea the direction I need to go from here.

The bad thing is that the overtime at work isn't going to let up until probably after Christmas. ><

EDIT;
I tried all the tunes in our class, and personally had DolHaus's tune out timing the rest of us on the 3 tracks I tested on. So contest aside, DolHaus gets my "tuners choice" award. Good job bro^^

About that other side convo we had going about the Sierra time rally;
So far I have challenge 1= silver, 2= silver, 3= silver, 4= bronze (4 is the Nismo one).
I do awesome on the Ferrari event, as I know that car like the back of my hand. Even scored a 'perfect' +200,000 on one of my runs. But I still can't seem to hit gold. If I cant do it with my GTO then I certainly am not hitting gold in a Nismo with rain and all the evil AI in that one, lol.
Anyone else try?
(Again, sorry for the off topic, this is just a curious post, not trying to make too big a thing of it.)

About that other side convo we had going about the Sierra time rally;
So far I have challenge 1= silver, 2= silver, 3= silver, 4= bronze (4 is the Nismo one).
I do awesome on the Ferrari event, as I know that car like the back of my hand. Even scored a 'perfect' +200,000 on one of my runs. But I still can't seem to hit gold. If I cant do it with my GTO then I certainly am not hitting gold in a Nismo with rain and all the evil AI in that one, lol.
Anyone else try?
(Again, sorry for the off topic, this is just a curious post, not trying to make too big a thing of it.)
Honestly, the trick is just to take it easy.
You just need to drive carefully and cleanly, its easy to see all these cars travelling slowly in front of you and start thinking that you have to get past them as quickly as possible to race to the next check point before the time runs out. This is not the way to get gold though, the amount of cars you blast past isn't as important as your multiplier and every time you go bombing in you risk dropping it. There is always enough time to get to the check points so no need to go flat out through every corner, only push if you are 100% sure you can do so cleanly.
Be patient and precise, wait for the right moment to overtake, watch the cars in front to see which ones are active and which are passive, if they're kicking up dirt and weaving all over the road then give them a wide berth and try to pass them on a straight.
Stay calm and run your own race, as long as you can hold your combo into the 6th/7th sector you should have more than enough points 👍

FITT Street Sport

@787bcgr – Tuscan Speed 6

1:22.388

DC – 9.3

Entry: Good positive turn in, feels poised but stable. Brakes weren't too bad, a little bit numb but didn't detract from grip too much or overload the tyres.

Mid: Fairly neutral, decent balance of stability when off the throttle and controlled oversteer when on it. The car did feel slightly floaty and could get out of line easily which sometimes cost speed on exit, but if kept in check was quite compliant.

Exit: If you were extremely careful about how and where you were putting the power down then it got good drive out of the corners. Careful is the word though, it was extremely easy to light the rear tyres up or get a big serving of oversteer if you had a little too much steering angle or too much weight on the rear tyres. The oversteer was controllable when it did occur but could easily spoil a lap.

Overall Enjoyment: I liked the car, felt very pure and driver focussed. You could feel the car responding to even the slightest input, very easy to feel the weight and load transferring as you accelerate, brake and steer giving great feedback and control to the driver. I think if I spent a long time driving the car I could get much faster and with every bit of time shaved off I would feel like I'd earned it.

@Bowtie-muscle – Esprit V8

01:21. 424

DC – 8

Entry: Felt very stable and planted on entry, the brakes were a little bit heavy but got the car slowed down quickly

Mid: Not bad rotation and grip but did start to understeer a little in the longer corners and when pushed. Not a massive issue but cost it a few tenths here and there.

Exit: Extremely easy to get the power down and had good drive out of the corners. 2nd felt a little bit long and seemed to be reducing the acceleration a little bit.

Overall Enjoyment: Felt fairly good and was very easy to drive consistently, there was always a slight feeling of restraint though, wasn't bad but prevented me pushing as hard as I would have liked and made better use of the traction. I think it might have faired better without the ballast in the nose and if it had slightly stiffer rear springs, some of the understeer felt like it was a result of the car squatting under throttle application and transferring load off the front tyres.

@DaBomm4 – Tuscan Speed 6

1:22.411

DC – 7.8

Entry: Fairly stable and neutral, slight hesitation between input and reaction but not really a problem. Brakes felt pretty good but did occasionally overload the outside front tyre.

Mid: Very neutral with a bit of understeer. Held its rotation pretty well but definitely had limits on how fast you could go before the understeer would get intrusive. Very stable through the tighter part of the circuit, the car definitely made some time up there.

Exit: Fairly easy to get the power down but if you did get wheel spin the oversteer was hard to control and could quickly get out of hand.

Overall Enjoyment: Not bad at all, very easy to drive but quite hard to push. The car liked running at a decent consistent speed but got a little overwhelmed when you tried to get more speed out of the car. I did find myself bouncing off the rev limiter a few times on the start/finish straight, I'd always advise setting the trans a little bit longer than you think necessary just to be sure.

@demonchilde - Esprit V8

01:22.004

DC – 7.5

Entry: Stable but a little bit unresponsive to steering input. Brakes felt fairly good but did sometimes transfer too much load onto the front tyres and reduce rear grip.

Mid: Stable and grippy but quite a lot of understeer in the longer corners which is where I feel the most time was lost.

Exit: Had to wait quite a long time to get back on the throttle but it was easy to put the power down when I did. Felt stable as ever but the understeer was also still present.

Overall Enjoyment: Not a difficult or testing car to drive but not the most exciting either. It was good at forgiving mistakes but hard to find much pace beyond consistent laps. The transmission was also really long, I don't think I ever got the car out of 4th, this did help power delivery but it also killed some of the acceleration.

DolHaus – Esprit V8

1:20.804

DC -8.5

@nijalninja – Esprit V8

1:22.531

DC – 7.4

Entry: Felt fairly stable and predictable but a little bit hesitant to turn in. Brakes felt quite effective but took away some rotation.

Mid: Loads of grip but quite a lot of understeer, stable and planted but hard to keep the speed up.

Exit: The car makes you wait to get back on the throttle but once you do the power delivery is crisp and direct and accelerates the car well. It will both understeer and oversteer if you are not careful with the throttle but its fairly easy to learn.

Overall Enjoyment: The car was fairly easy to drive but hard to drive fast. The general feeling of understeer and stability made the car very forgiving in the sense that you'd struggle to spin but at the same time made it hard to correct and maintain speed.

@praiano63 – Esprit V8

1:21.174

DC – 9

Entry: Good brakes, stable and predictable turn in

Mid: Decent rotation, held its line extremely well

Exit: Developed slight understeer on exit when pushing hard but completely manageable otherwise. Very easy to get on the power early

Overall Enjoyment: Great tune, very easy to drive fast, consistent laps. Well balanced and forgiving, did everything that you asked of it. My one small issue was the LSD, just didn't feel right, the rear would squirm around coming out of the corners and it felt like it was losing a bit of acceleration as the power shuffled between inside and outside wheel, never really felt like I was getting full power. I think the high Initial/low Accel was making the LSD behave oddly, didn't really affect the car too badly but wasn't getting the power down as well as some of the others.

@Ridox2JZGTE – Esprit V8

1:24.106

DC – 7.9

Entry: Fairly responsive, decent rotation. The brakes felt a bit numb but were functional enough

Mid: Good rotation but loved to overload the tyres, felt slightly like it was skating and didn't fill me with confidence.

Exit: If you were careful on the throttle you could get the power down but it did love to light up the rear tyres and spin the power away. The oversteer was easily controlled when the car lost traction and kind of fun but not conducive to clean laps.

Overall Enjoyment: Not a bad car, certainly an experience, quite testing to drive and would take a lot of practice to get used to. It had decent balance but very little traction and needed a lot of concentration to keep in line, this made it feel rewarding and frustrating at the same time.

@shaunm80 – Tuscan Speed 6

1:22.294

DC – 9.1

Entry: Very precise and easy to place, stable but not restrictive. Brakes felt good and solid and didn't overload the front tyres maintaining grip.

Mid: Good rotation, felt slightly like it was skating constantly but still had plenty of grip. Understeer and oversteer are both possible but it will be purely down to driver error.

Exit: Easy to put the power down and reasonably stable, didn't feel like it had the punch of some of the others though. The car squirms slightly on the throttle which suggests to me that the LSD Accel might just be a little bit too open.

Overall Enjoyment: A very composed and easy to drive car, did everything that was asked of it. Lacked a bit of aggression on the throttle and a noticeable personality but that was the only real downsides for me, the car performed very well otherwise. Well done

@sinof1337 – Esprit V8

1:21.884

DC – 7.5

Entry: Stable but a bit slow to react to inputs. Brakes felt solid although did reduce entry rotation slightly, entirely manageable though.

Mid: Again very stable but a fair bit of understeer in the mid part of the corner that was preventing me from holding as much speed as I would have liked.

Exit: Stable and planted for the most part, could break away if really pushed but got the power down well. Didn't feel like the engine had as much grunt as some of the others though, seemed to lack some punch on exit.

Overall Enjoyment: Wasn't bad by a long shot, just didn't feel particularly dynamic or memorable. Stable and easy to drive but felt far too tame and restrained for my tastes.

@xande1959 – Tuscan Speed 6

1:23.421

DC - 8

Entry: Felt very soft and forgiving, a bit slow to respond to steering input but easy to get used to. Brakes felt good but did sometimes overload the front tyres during heavy use.

Mid: Tons of grip, felt very stable and planted but I fear the body roll was costing it a lot of speed during the longer corners. Easy to make course adjustments mid corner without upsetting the balance.

Exit: This thing went like a bullet leaving a gun out of the corners, loads of grip at the rear allowed the car to use all that extra power to propel it from one corner to the next in the blink of an eye. The rear tyres would occasionally get overwhelmed by the power but the oversteer was easily controllable.

Overall Enjoyment: I enjoyed this car but was completely surprised by the times, I can't for the life of me tell why it was so far off the pace. To drive, the car felt fast and nimble and was putting the power down really easily coming out of the corners but somehow it just didn't show in the times. I can only speculate that the extra weight was killing the speed in the corners and there weren't enough straights for the extra power to make up the difference.

Ridox2JZGTE

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°

Thank you :D I was worried about the rear heavy balance :) and considering the tune was originally made for stock power and comfort medium tires. I only tweaked the damper and ARB for SM tire, and that is a very good time 👍

@Ridox2JZGTE :

Not bad once I learned how to control all that rear weight (a few bodies back there maybe?). Handled really well when weight transfer did not jump out and surprise you, stock tranny even made for a fun ride. Plenty of power and my lap time was shocking as I expected it to be lower, felt faster than the time shows and was fun to drive.

Those few bodies were the big twin turbo chargers and intercoolers :lol: The rear weight is what the real car have at about 57.5 % from factory. About the weight transfer, did the car too quickly transferred the weight to the rear / front / side to side ? I was running lower value compression on front and rear damper to keep it softer and more manageable on some parts of the Autumn Ring Reverser. The stock factory weight might also have a hand here, it's not actually lean at close to 1400kg. I guess this is what those Lotus Club, V8 owners ( who tracked their daily driving cars ) experienced when driving near the limit, I can't imagine those who still had open diff and stock V8 springs/damper :lol:

@Ridox2JZGTE – Esprit V8

DC – 7.9

Entry: Fairly responsive, decent rotation. The brakes felt a bit numb but were functional enough

Mid: Good rotation but loved to overload the tyres, felt slightly like it was skating and didn't fill me with confidence.

Exit: If you were careful on the throttle you could get the power down but it did love to light up the rear tyres and spin the power away. The oversteer was easily controlled when the car lost traction and kind of fun but not conducive to clean laps.

Overall Enjoyment: Not a bad car, certainly an experience, quite testing to drive and would take a lot of practice to get used to. It had decent balance but very little traction and needed a lot of concentration to keep in line, this made it feel rewarding and frustrating at the same time.

Numb brakes ? I might have set the brakes too low for ABS 1 :( The overloading issue is highly likely from the lower damper compression used and skating, do you mean slide ? It easily slide on the first corners if you are too fast on entry / late braking. For the exit, I didn't encounter the rear wheel spin issue, as I usually modulate the throttle and full on power when the car is closer to straight. If only I can capture my run and upload a video :(

Anyway, I included a replay of my test run at 1:23s with the tune post, the run was clean and smooth with medium pace, there's only one instance of the tire smoking, late braking with very short burst of front wheel lock up at the big right curve :D On the replay, it can be seen how I steer, brake and apply throttle especially on the last half of the track, it seemed slow, but it's not that slow :lol:

I did find myself bouncing off the rev limiter a few times on the start/finish straight, I'd always advise setting the trans a little bit longer than you think necessary just to be sure.
From what I remember from my tuning, I thought the RPM was about 1000 from top on the straight, but that may have been for the MG. Thanks for the reviews everyone. I will try and use this feedback to improve the cars and my tuning skill. :)

I would have stayed in the Club room last night but I was super tired. We should exchange notes. I could not get my car to brake loose like yours could and mine seemed too planted.

Well I had very soft springs, very soft dampers, very soft ARB, high ride height. My tune didn't work at all. I tried other things but I didn't get anything to work.

I had some random guy join the room and he was making laps faster than both of us...

FITT Street Sport

DC – 9.3

Entry: Good positive turn in, feels poised but stable. Brakes weren't too bad, a little bit numb but didn't detract from grip too much or overload the tyres.

Mid: Fairly neutral, decent balance of stability when off the throttle and controlled oversteer when on it. The car did feel slightly floaty and could get out of line easily which sometimes cost speed on exit, but if kept in check was quite compliant.

Exit: If you were extremely careful about how and where you were putting the power down then it got good drive out of the corners. Careful is the word though, it was extremely easy to light the rear tyres up or get a big serving of oversteer if you had a little too much steering angle or too much weight on the rear tyres. The oversteer was controllable when it did occur but could easily spoil a lap.

Overall Enjoyment: I liked the car, felt very pure and driver focussed. You could feel the car responding to even the slightest input, very easy to feel the weight and load transferring as you accelerate, brake and steer giving great feedback and control to the driver. I think if I spent a long time driving the car I could get much faster and with every bit of time shaved off I would feel like I'd earned it.

DC – 8

Entry: Felt very stable and planted on entry, the brakes were a little bit heavy but got the car slowed down quickly

Mid: Not bad rotation and grip but did start to understeer a little in the longer corners and when pushed. Not a massive issue but cost it a few tenths here and there.

Exit: Extremely easy to get the power down and had good drive out of the corners. 2nd felt a little bit long and seemed to be reducing the acceleration a little bit.

Overall Enjoyment: Felt fairly good and was very easy to drive consistently, there was always a slight feeling of restraint though, wasn't bad but prevented me pushing as hard as I would have liked and made better use of the traction. I think it might have faired better without the ballast in the nose and if it had slightly stiffer rear springs, some of the understeer felt like it was a result of the car squatting under throttle application and transferring load off the front tyres.

DC – 7.8

Entry: Fairly stable and neutral, slight hesitation between input and reaction but not really a problem. Brakes felt pretty good but did occasionally overload the outside front tyre.

Mid: Very neutral with a bit of understeer. Held its rotation pretty well but definitely had limits on how fast you could go before the understeer would get intrusive. Very stable through the tighter part of the circuit, the car definitely made some time up there.

Exit: Fairly easy to get the power down but if you did get wheel spin the oversteer was hard to control and could quickly get out of hand.

Overall Enjoyment: Not bad at all, very easy to drive but quite hard to push. The car liked running at a decent consistent speed but got a little overwhelmed when you tried to get more speed out of the car. I did find myself bouncing off the rev limiter a few times on the start/finish straight, I'd always advise setting the trans a little bit longer than you think necessary just to be sure.

@demonchilde - Esprit V8

DC – 7.5

Entry: Stable but a little bit unresponsive to steering input. Brakes felt fairly good but did sometimes transfer too much load onto the front tyres and reduce rear grip.

Mid: Stable and grippy but quite a lot of understeer in the longer corners which is where I feel the most time was lost.

Exit: Had to wait quite a long time to get back on the throttle but it was easy to put the power down when I did. Felt stable as ever but the understeer was also still present.

Overall Enjoyment: Not a difficult or testing car to drive but not the most exciting either. It was good at forgiving mistakes but hard to find much pace beyond consistent laps. The transmission was also really long, I don't think I ever got the car out of 4th, this did help power delivery but it also killed some of the acceleration.

DolHaus – Esprit V8

DC -8.5

@nijalninja – Esprit V8

DC – 7.4

Entry: Felt fairly stable and predictable but a little bit hesitant to turn in. Brakes felt quite effective but took away some rotation.

Mid: Loads of grip but quite a lot of understeer, stable and planted but hard to keep the speed up.

Exit: The car makes you wait to get back on the throttle but once you do the power delivery is crisp and direct and accelerates the car well. It will both understeer and oversteer if you are not careful with the throttle but its fairly easy to learn.

Overall Enjoyment: The car was fairly easy to drive but hard to drive fast. The general feeling of understeer and stability made the car very forgiving in the sense that you'd struggle to spin but at the same time made it hard to correct and maintain speed.

@praiano63 – Esprit V8

DC – 9

Exit: Developed slight understeer on exit when pushing hard but completely manageable otherwise. Very easy to get on the power early

Overall Enjoyment: Great tune, very easy to drive fast, consistent laps. Well balanced and forgiving, did everything that you asked of it. My one small issue was the LSD, just didn't feel right, the rear would squirm around coming out of the corners and it felt like it was losing a bit of acceleration as the power shuffled between inside and outside wheel, never really felt like I was getting full power. I think the high Initial/low Accel was making the LSD behave oddly, didn't really affect the car too badly but wasn't getting the power down as well as some of the others.

@Ridox2JZGTE – Esprit V8

DC – 7.9

DC – 9.1

Entry: Very precise and easy to place, stable but not restrictive. Brakes felt good and solid and didn't overload the front tyres maintaining grip.

Mid: Good rotation, felt slightly like it was skating constantly but still had plenty of grip. Understeer and oversteer are both possible but it will be purely down to driver error.

Exit: Easy to put the power down and reasonably stable, didn't feel like it had the punch of some of the others though. The car squirms slightly on the throttle which suggests to me that the LSD Accel might just be a little bit too open.

Overall Enjoyment: A very composed and easy to drive car, did everything that was asked of it. Lacked a bit of aggression on the throttle and a noticeable personality but that was the only real downsides for me, the car performed very well otherwise. Well done

@sinof1337 – Esprit V8

DC – 7.5

Entry: Stable but a bit slow to react to inputs. Brakes felt solid although did reduce entry rotation slightly, entirely manageable though.

Mid: Again very stable but a fair bit of understeer in the mid part of the corner that was preventing me from holding as much speed as I would have liked.

Exit: Stable and planted for the most part, could break away if really pushed but got the power down well. Didn't feel like the engine had as much grunt as some of the others though, seemed to lack some punch on exit.

Overall Enjoyment: Wasn't bad by a long shot, just didn't feel particularly dynamic or memorable. Stable and easy to drive but felt far too tame and restrained for my tastes.

DC - 8

Entry: Felt very soft and forgiving, a bit slow to respond to steering input but easy to get used to. Brakes felt good but did sometimes overload the front tyres during heavy use.

Mid: Tons of grip, felt very stable and planted but I fear the body roll was costing it a lot of speed during the longer corners. Easy to make course adjustments mid corner without upsetting the balance.

Exit: This thing went like a bullet leaving a gun out of the corners, loads of grip at the rear allowed the car to use all that extra power to propel it from one corner to the next in the blink of an eye. The rear tyres would occasionally get overwhelmed by the power but the oversteer was easily controllable.

Overall Enjoyment: I enjoyed this car but was completely surprised by the times, I can't for the life of me tell why it was so far off the pace. To drive, the car felt fast and nimble and was putting the power down really easily coming out of the corners but somehow it just didn't show in the times. I can only speculate that the extra weight was killing the speed in the corners and there weren't enough straights for the extra power to make up the difference.

Thanks for the test. I agree for the LSD accell out corner. I set it myself a bit higher on all my personals cars but i always think to players with a DS3 using X button. Almost all of my tunes are like this.
I´ll try to correct this for the next shootout.
><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

FITT Street Sport

DC – 9.3

DC – 8

DC – 7.8

@demonchilde - Esprit V8

DC – 7.5

DolHaus – Esprit V8

DC -8.5

@nijalninja – Esprit V8

DC – 7.4

@praiano63 – Esprit V8

DC – 9

@Ridox2JZGTE – Esprit V8

DC – 7.9

DC – 9.1

@sinof1337 – Esprit V8

DC – 7.5

DC - 8

@787bcgr :
Time - 1:22.352 - DC 8.5

This was a solid tune, the gearing was set just long enough to keep the rear in check on exit without slowing the acceleration. Still could get the rear out of shape if throttle control was not used, the end section before final right hander was also a bit tricky but fast when taken smooth. Nice job. :)

@Bowtie-muscle :
Time - 1:21.708 - DC 8.0

No comment.:embarrassed:

@DaBomm4 :
Time - 1:22.420 - DC 8.2

This was a "not my driving style" type of tune but I had soooo much fun with it. Really fun tune, a blast to drive with the way the car loved to rotate (sometimes almost too much:crazy:). Needed throttle control to keep it straight but when I did I was impressed. The rear could jump out but most of the time was manageable. Would have liked the final gear to be a bit lower though, 3.600 maybe?...... Great Job!:D

@demonchilde :
Time - 1:22.903 - DC 7.5

Found the final drive too low as I never it 5th in any of my laps :confused:. The rear end was tamed too well as it took just a bit longer for me to get back on throttle, but always exited well. Time should have been better by 2-3 tenths or just a bit more, unfortunately I just did not get that perfect lap. :ouch:

@DolHaus :

@praiano63 :
Time - 1:21.357 - DC 9.4

Excellent tune right here and not really surprised, I can see how you fell in love with driving this tune. Nothing really to say other than do not push too hard or too deep into the corners, it doesn't even need to be pushed. It's fast although it did not have the same fast feeling as DolHaus's, but very easy to drive and be consistent. The best tune of them all through the final section. Very Well Done Sir. 👍
👍

@nijalninja :
Time 1:22.787 - DC 7.5

With high ride height and soft springs/dampers mixed with high LSD settings, I expected worse than I got. Handled well when driving correctly, too aggressive with the throttle could cause it to jump sideways, loads of weight transfer could cause entry push (understeer) but finding the line fixed most of the issues. Nice job!:cool:

@Ridox2JZGTE :

@shaunm80 :

@sinof1337 :
Time - 1:23.113 - DC 8.0

This is not a bad tune, what happened with the lap time I do not know. Was a little slow to get on throttle but once I got the rhythm it was easy to be consistent. I did lose two or three faster laps through the final section trying to get more out of it. A much much better tune than the time I got out of it, can only assume driver just failed. :banghead: Hoping someone else gets this tune to shine.

@xande1959 :
Time - 1:23.412 - DC 7.5

This was the TVR version of @sinof1337 's Lotus, just could not get the car to go faster and it never felt as slow as the time would suggest. The only thing I can figure out is that it was slower to rotate than the others causing me to wait too long to get on the throttle. Would launch out of the corners and never seemed to lack grip, final section also may have been where most of the time was lost. I did go back and retest this tune after finishing all the others and did drop the time .486, otherwise it was would really been worse.

Please feel free to ask questions if you want more detail, I expect the reviews from @praiano63 and @DolHaus to be thorough and detailed so I kept it simple.:rolleyes:
Thanks. I expected as much from the DC scoring, but I didnt think that it will would any good lap times. The whole idea of that car was corner exit and control. I found that smashing the kerbs made for faster laps, and it seemed to handle them not too badly.

Anyway I am still happy with the results

FITT Street Sport

DC – 9.1

Thanks for the excellent review. Your comment about the skating feeling I feel is quite apt, If I'm honest, i had the same feeling but I kind of liked that in this car. I am very happy with a 9.1. Thanks! :)

Street Sports Car

Lotus Esprit V8 2002

Bowtie-muscle

Demonchilde

DolHaus

Congrats, great tune.

Nijalninja

Ridox2JZGTE

sinof1337

praiano63

TVR Tuscan Speed 6

787bcgr

DaBomm4

Good tune, congrats.

shaunm80

xande1959

Specials comments:

525PP
404HP
975kg
330ft/lb
2,41kg/hp
Sport medium tires

body:
WR3
Carbon hood
WW reduction
ballast = 55kg pos +50

power 99%
sport computer
isometric exhaust man
ctalytic converter sport

drivtrain
LSD custom 5/16/10
triple plate clutch kit
carbon drive shaft

transmission
final gear max 5.500
top speed mini 200 kmh
1st 2,464
2d 1,727
3rd 1,406
4th 1,160
5th 0,971
final gear again 4,200

suspension fully custom
RH 100/90
spring 5,70/6,90
comp 3/5
ext 5/3
arb 4/7

Racing brakes 3/5

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°

- hello praiano63 thanks for testing this TVR, like it makes my style makes me do tests in various ways always looking resultados.resolvi test ballast + 30% and to my surprise did 1: 20.395 on lap 2. thanks for the tip:bowdown::cheers::odd:

Back