FITT: "British Invasion" Congrats to - praiano63, DolHaus, Motor City Hami, Otaliema

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by Bowtie-muscle, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

Where did you get that paint? Looks sick:crazy: (in a good way).:eek:

2. DolHaus

DolHaus

Nightshade from the MR2 1600G perhaps?

DaBomm4 and Bowtie-muscle like this.
  3. MrGrado

MrGrado

4. nijalninja

nijalninja

Thank you very much. I was expecting more testers saying that it was too slow and predictable, which is what I was kind of aiming for, but you seem to like it. This makes me happy.

Otaliema, Bowtie-muscle and DolHaus like this.
  5. Motor City Hami

Motor City Hami

Otaliema, Bowtie-muscle and DolHaus like this.
  6. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

:) Thanks for the well described feedback on the car, it seems DS3 users shared the same feeling when driving the car, the slide / skating and wheelspin. I will have to make adjustments on my next replica ( stock factory version ) to balance it for DS3 ( as an alternate suspension setup )

With my current stick controller, I have zero issues with throttle and brake, even with my test drive on CM tire ( it was originally made for CM stock power ) On CM tire, the car indeed requires half throttle on most mid corner and can exit on full throttle quite early if the car is straight enough - needs quick shift from 2nd to 3rd to avoid bouncing on the limiter. I can see huge issue with DS3, I tried to drive with DS3 when GT6 came out ( on my 1st drive on new game ), and didn't like it at all ( left analog stick way too light - not enough resistance and face buttons are way too sensitive ), and stuck with DS2 instead and will never go back :lol:

Looks like I was focusing too much on replicating the real life Esprit handling traits when driven on track with similar setup ( springs, damper and alignment ) Stiffer front damper compression + extension and more stable rear damper setup would fare better on DS3.

Here is a short walkthrough of my lap on CM tire, that should be useful :

1. The 1st braking on the big esses that goes down and up, I stick to the left curb near the wall and brake on straight line as possible, just quick dab to reduce speed from 120+mph to just over 78mph and clip the apex / right curb, maintaining partial throttle to keep the diff engaged and not to lose speed on the up hill.
    View attachment 262098 View attachment 262064

2. Stay on the right side going up hill, full on throttle for a short moment ( I am not a full pace, so I was a bit late on full here ), then another quick dab on the brakes to reduce speed for the left hander up hill, it should maintain above 60mph at half throttle ( stay on 3rd for better traction ) then quickly full throttle right after the apex.
    View attachment 262065

3. Reach 85mph going straight, brake right when you past the last tree shadow ( brake point ) to around 65+mph and clip the left apex ( 1st ), then maintain half throttle throughout the 2nd left apex and aim for the right 3rd apex so you can full on throttle early on the downhill run.
    View attachment 262066 View attachment 262067 View attachment 262069

4. Keep to the left and shift to 4th reaching close to 100mph, then brake hard for the long right hander.
    Maintain speed around 45+mph in 2nd gear ( half throttle ), hug the right curb, steady on the steering and throttle, smooth driving means no loss in time.
    View attachment 262070 View attachment 262071

Be ready for full throttle when you see the bridge/tunnel in full view. Quick shift to 3rd when you see the rev limiter warning blinking.
    View attachment 262072 View attachment 262073

5. Stay on the left and 3rd gear throughout the big right curve, ease off the throttle when you are leaning to the right ( after the left curbing ends )
    View attachment 262074 View attachment 262075

Speed should be above 75+mph, apply full throttle again as soon you feel safe, a short moment later ( reached 85mph ), be ready to brake for the right corner up hill.
    View attachment 262076

6. Brake hard for a short moment, then coast at 50+mph staying on the right apex, don't touch the curb.
    View attachment 262077

Do it smooth, and you can full throttle early when the car is straight up hill. Quick shift again to 3rd and follow the dark lines on the tarmac.
    View attachment 262078 View attachment 262079

Brake early when you reach just over 70mph.
    View attachment 262080

Clip the left apex at close to 40mph ( half throttle is crucial here ) Apply full throttle when nearing the right curb on exit.
    View attachment 262081

7. Full on until past the Castrol, PD banner, the last sector here should be at least in 1min range. Stay on 3rd and reach just over 93mph, and brake just before the track light shadow on the tarmac. Stay close to the left 1st apex in 2nd, maintain throttle at half and speed around 57+mph.

View attachment 262082 View attachment 262084

Shift to 3rd right away, and maintain 50-60% throttle all the way clipping the 2nd left apex (65+mph), a short burst of full throttle before applying small amount of brakes to clip the 3rd apex on the right 70mph and half throttle again, hovering at 60+mph.
    View attachment 262085 View attachment 262086

This is where the Esprit shows it's neutral balance with proper application of throttle. Clip the 4th apex on the right, reduce speed slightly if necessary by split second reduction in throttle ( getting tighter ).
    Then immediately clip the left last apex on this series of esses. If you hit over the curb, ease off the throttle a bit to maintain balance.
    View attachment 262087 View attachment 262088

8. Keep to the left as much as possible while on full throttle in 3rd gear ( I wasn't pushing it, so I stayed in the middle ) By going on the left most, you can make full use the width of the road to maintain higher speed on the next right turn.
    View attachment 262089

No need for brakes here, simply ease off the throttle to halfway, and speed will bleed to 60+mph, get close to the right apex and exit as close as possible to the right. Short burst of full throttle here reaching close to 70mph, before braking for the final left turn.
    View attachment 262090 View attachment 262091

9. I stayed rather close to the middle of the road here as I wasn't on full pace ( 1st lap cold tires ), apply brakes in small amount, shift down to 2nd and hold speed above 40mph, clip the apex a bit late ( right at the tree shadow on the tarmac ). Once you passed the clipping point, apply full throttle gradually. Remember to quick shift up when reaching 55mph to 3rd gear and full on to the finish line and post at least 1:33s on 1st lap :D With SM tire, use similar approach at higher speed and earlier throttle with much less time on half throttle, 1:23s is easy to achieve on 1st lap without any wheel spin.
    View attachment 262092 View attachment 262093 View attachment 262094

I hope the picture illustration are enjoyable to look at and I also included the replay of the run with the tune posted and CM tire fitted. Time at 1:33s. I also tried some other tuners Esprit on CM and SM, and let's just say, they lost the feeling of rear heavy MR car ( a trait of an Esprit V8 & I wonder if I was driving an Esprit or a Corvette with Esprit body :lol: ), but somewhat loses traction on throttle similar to a stock Esprit V8 ( open diff ) and drive like slightly rear heavy FR that often becomes unpredictable with ABS 0 ( under braking ). They are quick, perfect for the job posting quickest lap times with minimal fuss ( easy on the driver ), but those are not always my prime concern when tuning cars.

Attached Files:

Otaliema likes this.
  7. sinof1337

sinof1337

I would have sworn it was from the '12 GT-R Black Edition, but thats not it, and I'm not seeing it on anything in the dealership. I feel like I've had the that paint available for ages though, so I don't think its from seasonals.

DolHaus, Otaliema and Bowtie-muscle like this.
  8. Otaliema

Otaliema

Night Shade is not a GT6 special or limited edition paint, Can you confirm the name is Nightshade? most paints in GT6 where in GT5 and I can't find it in the car and paint chip data base I did find several that could be it based on the name
    Midnight purple Nissan (slieighty '98)
    Nightfire Red pearl Mini *too red
    Nightfire Red MG *too red

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  9. sinof1337

sinof1337

Its definitely Night Shade. I'm going to do a more thorough search through the cars that I've bought later today, see if I can figure out where I got this thing.

10. DolHaus

DolHaus

Toyota MR2 1600G

(why does no one listen to me? :lol:)

shaunm80, Bowtie-muscle and DaBomm4 like this.
  11. shaunm80

shaunm80

Sorry, what did you say? :)

Bowtie-muscle and DolHaus like this.
  12. sinof1337

sinof1337

I'm not seeing it as an option at the dealer; you mean the 1986 right? It also still doesn't explain how I got the paint, since I don't own an MR2.

13. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

Was it a VGT chip?

14. sinof1337

sinof1337

That would be it; Nissan, which would explain why I was thinking GT-R(plus some of them have a similar looking paint)

Bowtie-muscle likes this.
  15. DolHaus

DolHaus

I'm fairly sure its on an old MR2, I picked it up during the drivetrain challenge

16. demonchilde

demonchilde

I looked last night and didnt see it on anything.
    But no,, the one place I didnt look wasnin the Vision dealership.
    So does that mean its a million doller paint chip?! Lol.

DolHaus and Bowtie-muscle like this.
  17. shaunm80

shaunm80

Thats all the Jags tested. Only 2 DB9's to finish off and then I shall be able to post reviews.

image.jpg

I dont think I'm giving too much away with this, apart from the fact that in my hands, jags seem to be faster.. I feel like I'm betraying my beloved DB9.. Its a sad day indeed. :(

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  18. shaunm80

shaunm80

I can only get 4.728 for your second gear ratio. I have followed your instructions as you have put them. Can you check this and let me know if what I have got it correct? Thanks.

xande1959 and DolHaus like this.
  19. xande1959

xande1959

- posted wrong sorry (2nd 4,093):cheers:

20. Otaliema

Otaliema

Tight pack so far less than a second different if I am seeing that right between first and fifth.
    The Jag is the car driven by bad guys ofcourse it's faster the bad guy cars always are ;)

21. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

A blue Jag out front ( :D ) sounds about right.:sly:..........oh wait, they're all blue :ouch:

22. DolHaus

DolHaus

Don't worry, the Jag will spend a long time explaining its entire plan and an Aston will sneak a fast lap in while they're busy prematurely celebrating :lol:

Otaliema and Bowtie-muscle like this.
  23. Otaliema

Otaliema

Ya most of them will but will time will tell! After all to quote @Motor City Hami "There are more miles of corners on a track than straights."
    Corners win races not straights.
    The jag holds a line better.

24. DolHaus

DolHaus

For qualifying I'd take the Jag as its just that little bit faster round Silverstone but for a race I'd take the Aston I think. Silverstone is a tricky circuit to overtake on and I think you'd be able to stay close enough through the corners in the Aston to get a run on the Jags down the straights, once they're behind you they're going to have a difficult time getting past in the bends

Bowtie-muscle and Otaliema like this.
  25. Otaliema

Otaliema

Depends on how much of a lead the Jag gets from the turn and how long the straight is only two straights are long enough the Aston got really a head, and with the draft and high exit speed of the Jag I think it would be a flip flop race and really come down to who makes a mistake or gets the best line into the last chicane.

26. DolHaus

DolHaus

They'd certainly make for a fun race series, some tracks would suit the jag better, some would suit the aston

Bowtie-muscle and Otaliema like this.
  27. Otaliema

Otaliema

Yes they
    certainly would. Would love to watch as race between a couple of these cars see what they are like head to head.

28. shaunm80

shaunm80

Pro Touring Class FITT Results

I will start off by saying that I am not the quickest driver out there. Ask anyone who is on my friends list and I am usually off the pace in seasonal events. All the reviews have been given equal laps and equal effort to extract the best time possible. I also use AT transmission so that will hurt the times a little as well.

Tested as per the challenge regulations and all tunes were given 10 laps each only. I have limited time at the moment but you can be assured that each and every tune tested and reviewed here were given 10 timed laps.

Okay, here is the information you are really interested in.

Jaguar XKR-S ‘11

@787bcgr

Best time: 2.03.106
    DC: 8.0

Review

I found this tune fairly easy to drive, It required some throttle control in the slower corners to not spin up the rears and cause some over-steer. The over-steer was very easy to sort out and it never cost too much time overall. The steering was direct although it felt a little unresponsive and I had to come off the throttle to adjust my lines. I would have preferred a little more rotation in the rear to help in the slower corners, but the tune made up for that in the fast flowing corners. When I got the lines right, it was a really good to drive. In reality, the time set should have been 0.3 of a second faster but as I was really pushing to break into the 2.02s, I pushed a little too hard and ran into the sand trap which scrubbed all the speed I carried through the corner. This tune can definitely get a faster time in others hands and it deserves it. Well done for producing a good tune.

@Bowtie-muscle

Best time: 2.02.767
    DC 9.5

Review

As I mentioned in 787’s review, I was looking for a slightly better rotation from the rear in this car. This tune has the perfect amount of rotation under acceleration and rotation when you are off the throttle. I found this tune fun, quick and easy to drive. I knew where I wanted to go and it went there. The only thing that lacked in this tune was expert driver ability. I know I had another 0.5 of a second in that tune but I wasn’t able to extract it personally. A very, very good tune and one that I could have drove around all day. Excellent job.

@DolHaus

Best Time: 2.01.933
    DC – 9.8

Review
    Everything I look for in a tune. Quick, responsive, balanced, it can be pushed, easy to drive and can be driven at full pelt by a DS3 pad effortlessly. Nothing more to be said about this tune in all honesty. I would say that If I had more time, I could probably get quicker and quicker with this tune around Silverstone. A definite contender for a tune that will find its way onto a spare tune sheet once I have finished testing. Congratulations on an amazing tune.

@Otaliema

Best Time: 2.01.784
    DC 8.3

Review

2.01.784 is a very quick time for this car. It took a perfect lap to get this time though. The car is planted, stable and the rotation is okay. As I have mentioned in a previous review, I prefer more rotation from the back end to help with the front end steering. This car was a little too planted and it meant I had to come off the throttle for a millisecond to straighten the car up to the line I wanted. I am not taking anything away from the car as it is obviously fast, I just didn’t feel that comfortable with it as I did others. The DC I have given was slightly better due to the fact I got the fastest time (at time of writing reviews) with this car. Well done.

@sinof1337

Best Time: 2.02.529
    DC - 8.7

Review

The tune had very good rotation, easy to drive and again proves that the Jag seems to be the better car out of the two for consistency. I enjoyed this tune but found that I hit a peak time around lap 4-5 and wasn’t able to shave much time off after that point. It is a great car for online, extremely stable and the brakes were excellent but I just wanted more speed to get a better time. I felt the car had it in it, I just couldn’t find where it was. I expect this tune can be really good in both career mode and for online races. Well done on a very balanced and fun tune.

Aston Martin DB9

@Motor City Hami

Best time: 2.02.549
    DC – 9.2

Review

Finally, a DB9 tune which took the fight to the feisty Jags. Mine didn’t quite match but this tune felt more the tune I would have liked to have on mine. It was a little too loose for my liking on the rear end, that hurt the overall lap time but I loved the swiftness and speed this car carried through the corners. I was redlining 6th gear on the long straight. This was both good and bad. I felt the power band dropped off when the red lights started flashing at me. That said, the quick shifting gears 1 through 4 helped minimise wheel spin which made acceleration out of the low speed corners a lot easier to handle with. This tune is deserving of a much better lap time, and I am sure that it will get it, but in my hands this was the best I could do. A very good tune for a great looking car, I am a sucker for the lines on this car. You did this car justice in terms of raw speed, my apologies for not extracting a more deserving lap time. Well done, One DB9 tune for me to keep, practice with and hopefully become a better driver.

@shaunm80

Best Time: 2.03.146
    DC – 8.5

Review.

No Comments to make

@xande1959

Best Time: 2.02.691
    DC – 9.5

Review.

I sort of knew what to expect from a Xande tune. After my experience at spa with his Maserati, I was bracing myself for a red-hot smoking DB9. What I actually got was a civilised, easy to drive DB9, which set its best lap on the final lap of the test. I knew this car had a good time in it but I kept messing up the key part of the circuit, this meant I lost too much speed onto the national straight. I finally cracked it though and got the time I knew I could easily reach. Anyway, enough of my love of this particular car, The DB9’s handling was very precise, some throttle control was required but not much more than usual tunes. The looks of the car are amazing, (sorry, I digress once again) and it has a lot of speed and a whole lot of grip to play around with. I could pick virtually any line and it would stay on it once on the throttle. A very good tune that I will probably keep in my garage purely for the driving pleasure. Excellent job, you brought the DB9 back into contention with this one. Oh, a few things I forgot the mention, I loved the brakes and the transmission on this tune, they were spot on in my opinion.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  29. xande1959

xande1959

- thanks for testing this car legend but one thing can be sure when a car and well Constructed in the case of GT6 it works great as in GT5 Starfish car always corresponded. I congratulate you for choosing to home.:bowdown::cheers::tup:

Otaliema, DolHaus and shaunm80 like this.
  30. Motor City Hami

Motor City Hami

Thank you for the review. I did not even stop by the Jaguar dealer for this competition. I picked the DB9 on looks alone. Happy to see you drive it so fast. You drove a few tenths faster than my time with the car.

Otaliema, DolHaus and shaunm80 like this.