FITT Car of the Month - April '14 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65

Which categories would you like the next FITT Car of the Month to be selected from?

• Please select ONE of the THREE eras below...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Please select ONE of the THREE regions below...

• Please select ONE of the SEVEN car classes below...

• "Muscle & Pony" (Camaro, Mustang, Charger, etc.)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DigitalBaka

How hard can it be?
Premium
United States
IL, USA
DigitalBaka
DigitalBaka587
FITTCarOfTheMonth.jpg
5386909081_20b75c0057_b.jpg
Image by @sems4arsenal

Op to be updated later tonight. For now get started with this one!

FITTTuneArchive.jpg

Last edited:
already bought a

Alfa Romeo GTA in competition.
-GT6 could have these un:cheers:👍:gtpflag:

- performance points = 450 PP
- Max. Power = 206 HP
- Max. Torqque = 169 ft-lb
- Weight = 776 Kg
- power-to-weight ratio = 3,76 Kg / HP
- Front / Rear weight distribution = 54 : 46
- displacement = 1,570 cc

- SUSPENSION -------------------- BRAK DISCS & CALIPERS
. 86 (F) ride height (R) 81 -------5 (F) / (R) 5
. 4,65 (F) spring rate (R) 2,81
. 3 (F) Dampers (comp:) (R) 3
. 5 (F) Dampers (ext: ) (R) 5
. 4 (F) Anti-roll bars (R) 4
- CAMBER ANGLE (-)
. 0,0 (F) / (R) 0,0
- TOE ANGLE
. 0,00 (F) / (R) 0,20

-TRANSMISSION
. 210 Km/h
. final Gear = 4,555
- LSD
. 00 / 08/
. 00 / 12
. 00 / 19
- pOWER LIMITER = 100,0 %
- bALLAST wEIGHT = 31 kG
- TIRES = SPORTS: HARD

Last edited:
I definitely want to tune this car too, but like Hami, I haven't played much lately. It is a good CotM!!

I am currently working on AutoDelta Alfa Romeo Giulia 1600 GTA Corsa, with Furiani racing spec engine 170 to 180+HP. I am pleased with the test result so far, 1:08s at Tsukuba on comfort soft with 170HP, and stock weight + stock gearbox. Should be fun to drive :D

Lots of interest but it looks like nobody had time this month. :( Of course, feel free to add any tunes to this or any other past thread if you have one.

On to next month. Looks like Euro supercars 90-present. Doesn't really narrow down much does it? :lol: I'll toss out two having looked over the database that @XS maintains: Spyker C8, for which there is literally no entry to select, and the redheaded stepchild among the RUFs, the CTR2.

Almost forgot to post mine :lol: Here it is :

Autodelta Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint 1600 GTA Historic Touring / Rally Car
Special Build of Autodelta Alfa Romeo 1600 GTA
Comfort Soft to Racing Hard

CAR : Alfa Romeo Giualia Sprint 1600 GTA '65
Tire : Comfort Soft to Racing Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 184 HP at 6700 RPM
Torque: 152.9 ft-lb at 3900 RPM
Power Limiter at : 97.0%
Weight: 740 kg
Ballast : 5 kg
Ballast Position : 50
Weight Distribution : 54 / 46 as stock
Performance Points: 445

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED in this build ) - MANDATORY - for racing tires fitment
Wheels : Standard Size - PDI P525N in White or Silver or Black
Car Paint : Alfa Red

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch Kit
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Brakes Kit

Suspension - Autodelta GTAm Coil Over Kit
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 75 75
Spring Rate: 9.00 4.28
Dampers (Compression): 3 5
Dampers (Extension): 3 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 2 3
Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2 ( 0.00 all around for max grip )
Toe Angle: -0.07 0.00

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - GTA Racing Close Ratio Gear Set with Stock Final
Set Default
Set Final to 5.000
Set Auto Max Speed to 220kmh / 137mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.536
2nd 1.701
3rd 1.256
4th 1.000
5th 0.856
Set Final Gear : 4.555 ( Optional Alfa Romeo Final Gear : 3.728, 3.910, 4.100, 4.780, 5.125, 5.375, and 5.860 - shortest )

LSD - 2 Way ZF LSD with 4 Lock Position - 35% Lock
Initial Torque : 32
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 20

Brake Balance:
3/4 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/4, for ABS 1 4/5 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :
Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 4/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
Inspired by classic historical touring car and rally car from 60's, I made this special build, not a replica, but rather a tune with replica theme :)

I based this tune on a real car that has Furiani built racing engine at 184HP that was installed on a very rare race spec Autodelta built Alfa Romeo 1600 GTA ( there were only around 40 built ). The real car has roll cage, 5 speed close ratio gearbox, custom suspension and dry weight at 740kg.

For suspension, I used real life approach in tuning, 1600 GTA has a high rear roll center, while the front has low roll center, even more so when the car is lowered, this produces steep roll axes. This is the main reason the car needs to run very stiff front springs and very soft rear in real life, the same applies in GT6 :D. This also creates another problem which requires good damper and ARB tuning to balance things out. I settled for 9k/4.28k springs with damper tuned to even the load, and ARB to stabilize the car on entry and mid corners.

LSD is based on 2 way competition spec ZF LSD with larger friction plates, and 4 lock position at 25%, 35%, 50%, and 70%. For this build, I chose 35% lock with optimized initial torque for balance on all tire grades from comfort/street to racing/slick tire.

Gearing is based on racing spec close gear set, with a host of factory final gear options from Alfa Romeo ranging from 3.728 to 5.860. The stock final 4.555 is used on this build.

I tuned and tested on a variety of tracks, from Autumn Ring Mini, Tsukuba, Silverstone Stowe, Fuji Speedway F, and Brands Hatch GP.
When tested at Tsukuba, it managed 1:08s on comfort soft, and at Autumn Ring Mini 45s on comfort soft :eek:.
The car has a a lively rear on mid corner to exit, easily controlled with throttle. This gives the driver so much fun and enjoyment on all tires from comfort to racing tires. With racing hard, it's capable of easily post sub 2 minutes at Fuji Speedway F.

Lots of interest but it looks like nobody had time this month. :( Of course, feel free to add any tunes to this or any other past thread if you have one.

On to next month. Looks like Euro supercars 90-present. Doesn't really narrow down much does it? :lol: I'll toss out two having looked over the database that @XS maintains: Spyker C8, for which there is literally no entry to select, and the redheaded stepchild among the RUFs, the CTR2.
I'd love to see the Spyker!! It's a good car and a lot of fun too!

The Alfa is a BLAST to tune! I'm surprised more people haven't had a go with it! I will post my tune as soon as I'm done making a nice picture to go with it.

City of Arts and Sciences - Nightedit2.jpg

Tuner Info:
Controller: DS3
Track Used: Nurburgring GP/D

Parts Installed
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood Body Color
Intake Tuning, Sports
Catalytic Converter, Sports
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Racing Exhaust
Sports Computer
Stage 3 Engine Tuning
Stage 3 Turbo
Fully Adjustable Suspension
Dog Clutch Transmission
Limited Slip Differential
Racing Brakes

Specs
524 PP
285 HP/7,000 RPM
214.4 Lb-Ft/7,000 RPM
Weight Distribution: 54|46
Tires: Sports Medium or Sports Soft

Suspension
Ride Height: 85|95
Spring Rate: 6.68|4.20
Dampers Comp: 4|3
Dampers Ext: 6|7
Anti-Roll Bars: 3|3
Toe: -0.14|0.15
Brakes: 6|6

Transmission
I tried to use Praiano's transmission tuning method, but it failed to produce any faster lap times and I didn't like the way the car felt as opposed to stock. So, imo, leave this stock and adjust the final gear to each track.

Limited Slip Differential
Initial Torque: 7
Accel Sensitivity: 8
Decel Sensitivity: 8

Back