FITT Ford Challenges by MCH

Some FR cars will do this as well depending on original weight, see the Mustang GT. The more rear ballast, better balance?, the higher the PP. And its not forward, it's rearward on FF.

*I think I got that right*:confused::boggled:
The PP gain is as follows *based soly on observations when placing ballast in cars*
FF the farther forward you go the more PP you gain
RWD the farther reward you go the more PP you gain
4WD I think follows the RWD model as a lighter nose turns better and you can force more power to the back.

The PP gain is as follows *based soly on observations when placing ballast in cars*
FF the farther forward you go the more PP you gain
RWD the farther reward you go the more PP you gain
4WD I think follows the RWD model as a lighter nose turns better and you can force more power to the back.
Ahh ok good to know, never noticed that before 👍

I would disagree with the wing removal not affecting things, one of my touring cars was a hyundai genesis and that thing went from docile and grippy to slippery and unpredictable by just removing the tiny wing.
As for the front aero adding downforce, I have not tested this myself but @Otaliema says he has and I'm prepared to take him at his word.

Ok, I'll test my car when I get back home tonight and compare against my ghost. If there's any difference, I'll change my tune submission back to stock aero parts as that was what the car was tuned with 👍

Ford Focus ST '06 (stock/mod 450pp) – 1:01.674​

@787bcgr – 1:01.097

Easy to drive quickly but I found that once I'd reached a certain time bracket I just couldn't push the car any harder, I could hit the same split times over and over but just couldn't go faster no matter what I tried.

@Badger66 – 1:01.152

I quite liked this tune but I can't quite put my finger on why. It was very easy to chuck around and never really seemed to torque steer despite having a turbo fitted. The only real downside for me was the car just didn't seem to pull out of the corners as well as its naturally aspirated cousins.

@Bowtie-muscle – 1:01.057

Stable and consistent but a little bit too restrained for me. Very easy to drive for the most part, had a bit of understeer on exit and was easy to upset if you took too much curb. Good power delivery on exit with minimal wheelspin.

@brian wolf – 1:01.383

Unstable and erratic is the only way I can describe this car, this isn't necessarily a bad thing though! Whilst it wasn't the easiest to drive or the fastest it was a lot of fun just trying to hold on during the wild ride, you never quite knew what it was going to do next and I liked that, it gave the car a personality.

@krenkme – 1:01.327

The car had an odd feeling to it, felt heavy and a bit unresponsive on entry but had really solid rotation in the mid/late parts of a corner. I think with a little less weight this car would have been faster through the tighter sections and knocked a fair bit off the time.

@Lionheart2113 – 1:00.720

Very quick and has excellent rotation once into the corner but felt a little bit darty on entry and the brakes had a habit of straightening the car up when trying to trail brake. Great power delivery coming out of the corners, very little fuss from the front wheels. Good job

@NEWDRIVER2 – 1:01.185

Felt very sharp and precise on the brakes and during entry but I just couldn't sustain the rotation and kept understeering on exit. The LSD felt pretty good, power delivery was smooth and predictable and allowed the car to stay loose through the tighter sections.

@Otaliema – 1:01.055

Very predictable and consistent, didn't really excel on any section of the track but wasn't particularly bad anywhere either. The car did like to light up the outside tyre on exit which lead to a bit of unnecessary understeer and the brakes were a little vague but apart from that it was a solid tune.

@xande1959 – 1:01.377

Decent tune, had really nice balance on entry but had a habit of lighting up the inside tyre on exit as well as running out of grip on the longer corners. I think this wasting of power on corner exit hurt the time.

Ford Focus ST '13 (stock/mod 450pp) – 1:01.396​

@CyKosis1973 – 1:01.193

Incredibly consistent and easy to drive quickly, all 10 test laps were within 0.240 of each other. This would definitely be my first choice as a race car, wasn't the quickest but was just so easy to keep pace with. My one small complaint would be that it liked to bounce over the curbs and this prevented it from following the tighter lines.

@DolHaus – 1:00.682

Learned a lot about FF's driving and tuning this car, made for a pleasant change.

@Motor City Hami – 1:01.062

What a wild ride! Handled somewhat like I image a car with caster wheels on the back would, never really knew what it was going to do next and I liked that about it. Gave the closest to lift-off oversteer feeling I've experienced in GT, felt like a Peugeot 205 I once had the pleasure of taking for an unplanned offroad excursion.

@randyrockstiff – 1:01.389

Great on entry but really difficult to hold that speed through the rest of the corner, the front just seemed to want to washout as soon as you went anywhere near the throttle. My guess for the cause of this would be the amount of camber present on the tune. Brakes felt strong and the power delivery was decent in preventing too much wheelspin.

@shaunm80 – 1:01.198

The car had a really nice balance to it, responded well to inputs and held its speed through the corners. The thing letting it down for me was the LSD, the accel was a bit too low and kept giving me a one-tyre-fire out of every corner which meant that I was just loosing speed. The decel was a little high as well and kept causing the nose to push wide on entry if you went in a little fast. I think with a few small tweaks this thing could be quick.

@sinof1337 – 1:01.360

The car felt a bit too stiff and unresponsive, it handled the faster sections well but struggled to change direction in the slower corners and kept hopping over the curbs. The brakes did their job well enough but I found that they liked to straighten the car up on entry preventing trail braking.

@ugabugaz – 1:01.146

Felt very responsive and light, really easy to place on entry and consistent through the rest of the corner. I think the car would have responded better to a more precise driver, I kept hitting good sector times but could never put a full lap together without getting carried away and clipping a wall or braking too late for the last corner.

@Bowtie-muscle Well here goes...Better late than never....Sorry to have Kept you all waiting..

This Tune is COMPLETE and Ready to Test....I will not be making any adjustments....Cheers in advance to testers..

Good Luck to all taking part....

:cheers:

FITT FORD MUSTANG CHALLENGE...BADGER-UK-66
ENTRY

Ford Shelby GT500 '13

Tuned to FITT Rules and Regs.

550 PP
535 BHP
1,400 kgs
Weight Distribution
56:44

Sports Soft Tyres
Standard Wheels...
RAYS VR.G2
Front Aero Kit... Type B
No Oil Change

FC Suspension
F
/R
95/95
8.85/8.85
5/5
6/6
5/4
0.0/0.0
-0.26 / +0.35

Racing Brakes F5/ R6

FC Transmission...

ALL POWER PARTS AND WEIGHT REDUCTION MUST BE ITTED FIRST*

Set Final Gear to
Set Top Speed To 149 MPH.
Then Set All Gears To...
1st....
2nd...2.455
3rd....1.872
4th....1.487
5th....1.207
6th....1.028
Then Set Final Gear to...3.295

FC LSD

12/14/18
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Propeller Shaft

Set power to
81.0 %
All other power parts as standard

Weight Reduction Stage
Carbon Bonnet (Body Color)
Window weight Reduction

Ballast
– Set
12kgs to Position 0

Tuned with ABS
1 only.

CSS..

All Other Aids off

Tuned With DS3.. And Auto Transmission.

Grip Set To Real

Cosmetics...
Body Color...
Metallic Paint...Meteorite Silver...With White Stripe
Wheel Rims..Metallic Paint...Meteorite Silver.
Brake Calipers...Chrome Paint...GT6 Chrome 016

Notes...please use Throttle control up and over the Hill...and i'm not telling you how to drive..because you are all better drivers than me...:cheers:

Hope you enjoy...:)

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_6 (2).jpg

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_4 (2).jpg

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_1 (3).jpg

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_2 (3).jpg

@787bcgr – 1:01.097

Easy to drive quickly but I found that once I'd reached a certain time bracket I just couldn't push the car any harder, I could hit the same split times over and over but just couldn't go faster no matter what I tried.

I quite liked this tune but I can't quite put my finger on why. It was very easy to chuck around and never really seemed to torque steer despite having a turbo fitted. The only real downside for me was the car just didn't seem to pull out of the corners as well as its naturally aspirated cousins.

@Bowtie-muscle – 1:01.057

Stable and consistent but a little bit too restrained for me. Very easy to drive for the most part, had a bit of understeer on exit and was easy to upset if you took too much curb. Good power delivery on exit with minimal wheelspin.

@brian wolf – 1:01.383

Unstable and erratic is the only way I can describe this car, this isn't necessarily a bad thing though! Whilst it wasn't the easiest to drive or the fastest it was a lot of fun just trying to hold on during the wild ride, you never quite knew what it was going to do next and I liked that, it gave the car a personality.

@krenkme – 1:01.327

The car had an odd feeling to it, felt heavy and a bit unresponsive on entry but had really solid rotation in the mid/late parts of a corner. I think with a little less weight this car would have been faster through the tighter sections and knocked a fair bit off the time.

@Lionheart2113 – 1:00.720

Very quick and has excellent rotation once into the corner but felt a little bit darty on entry and the brakes had a habit of straightening the car up when trying to trail brake. Great power delivery coming out of the corners, very little fuss from the front wheels. Good job

@NEWDRIVER2 – 1:01.185

Felt very sharp and precise on the brakes and during entry but I just couldn't sustain the rotation and kept understeering on exit. The LSD felt pretty good, power delivery was smooth and predictable and allowed the car to stay loose through the tighter sections.

Very predictable and consistent, didn't really excel on any section of the track but wasn't particularly bad anywhere either. The car did like to light up the outside tyre on exit which lead to a bit of unnecessary understeer and the brakes were a little vague but apart from that it was a solid tune.

@xande1959 – 1:01.377

Decent tune, had really nice balance on entry but had a habit of lighting up the inside tyre on exit as well as running out of grip on the longer corners. I think this wasting of power on corner exit hurt the time.

Ford Focus ST '13 (stock/mod 450pp) – 1:01.396​

Incredibly consistent and easy to drive quickly, all 10 test laps were within 0.240 of each other. This would definitely be my first choice as a race car, wasn't the quickest but was just so easy to keep pace with. My one small complaint would be that it liked to bounce over the curbs and this prevented it from following the tighter lines.

@DolHaus – 1:00.682

Learned a lot about FF's driving and tuning this car, made for a pleasant change.

What a wild ride! Handled somewhat like I image a car with caster wheels on the back would, never really knew what it was going to do next and I liked that about it. Gave the closest to lift-off oversteer feeling I've experienced in GT, felt like a Peugeot 205 I once had the pleasure of taking for an unplanned offroad excursion.

@randyrockstiff – 1:01.389

Great on entry but really difficult to hold that speed through the rest of the corner, the front just seemed to want to washout as soon as you went anywhere near the throttle. My guess for the cause of this would be the amount of camber present on the tune. Brakes felt strong and the power delivery was decent in preventing too much wheelspin.

The car had a really nice balance to it, responded well to inputs and held its speed through the corners. The thing letting it down for me was the LSD, the accel was a bit too low and kept giving me a one-tyre-fire out of every corner which meant that I was just loosing speed. The decel was a little high as well and kept causing the nose to push wide on entry if you went in a little fast. I think with a few small tweaks this thing could be quick.

@sinof1337 – 1:01.360

The car felt a bit too stiff and unresponsive, it handled the faster sections well but struggled to change direction in the slower corners and kept hopping over the curbs. The brakes did their job well enough but I found that they liked to straighten the car up on entry preventing trail braking.

@ugabugaz – 1:01.146

Felt very responsive and light, really easy to place on entry and consistent through the rest of the corner. I think the car would have responded better to a more precise driver, I kept hitting good sector times but could never put a full lap together without getting carried away and clipping a wall or braking too late for the last corner.

Thanks @DolHaus for the testing and some very quick and close times again...Well Done...and cheers for the Great review...Thanks....👍

@Bowtie-muscle Well here goes...Better late than never....Sorry to have Kept you all waiting..

This Tune is COMPLETE and Ready to Test....I will not be making any adjustments....Cheers in advance to testers..

Good Luck to all taking part....

FITT FORD MUSTANG CHALLENGE...BADGER-UK-66
ENTRY

Ford Shelby GT500 '13

Tuned to FITT Rules and Regs.

550 PP
535 BHP
1,400 kgs
Weight Distribution
56:44

Sports Soft Tyres
Standard Wheels...
RAYS VR.G2
Front Aero Kit... Type B
No Oil Change

FC Suspension
F
/R
95/95
8.85/8.85
5/5
6/6
5/4
0.0/0.0
-0.26 / +0.35

Racing Brakes F5/ R6

FC Transmission...

ALL POWER PARTS AND WEIGHT REDUCTION MUST BE ITTED FIRST*

Set Final Gear to
Set Top Speed To 149 MPH.
Then Set All Gears To...
1st....
2nd...2.455
3rd....1.872
4th....1.487
5th....1.207
6th....1.028
Then Set Final Gear to...3.295

FC LSD

12/14/18
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Propeller Shaft

Set power to
81.0 %
All other power parts as standard

Weight Reduction Stage
Carbon Bonnet (Body Color)
Window weight Reduction

Ballast
– Set
12kgs to Position 0

Tuned with ABS
1 only.

CSS..

All Other Aids off

Tuned With DS3.. And Auto Transmission.

Grip Set To Real

Cosmetics...
Body Color...
Metallic Paint...Meteorite Silver...With White Stripe
Wheel Rims..Metallic Paint...Meteorite Silver.
Brake Calipers...Chrome Paint...GT6 Chrome 016

Notes...please use Throttle control up and over the Hill...and i'm not telling you how to drive..because you are all better drivers than me...:cheers:

Hope you enjoy...:)

View attachment 236449

View attachment 236450

View attachment 236451

View attachment 236452
Looks good!👍 Looking forward to get started on testing. Good luck.:)

I wonder why we have such different experience with the brakes if I upped them one more click I found longer braking zones for me.
Thank you for the review, sounds like it did what it was supposed for you, be good all around not great here or there and bad everywhere else.

Looks good!👍 Looking forward to get started on testing. Good luck.:)

Thanks..Bowtie....Hope you Enjoy the Stang....I need a break from Willow now..i'm Exhausted....i did 2,729.9 miles tuning this car on there...and 1,800 miles with the other 2 and i'm still not very good up through the hill corners and the last sweeping Bend.....:lol:

Good luck Too

I wonder why we have such different experience with the brakes if I upped them one more click I found longer braking zones for me.
Thank you for the review, sounds like it did what it was supposed for you, be good all around not great here or there and bad everywhere else.
I don't know, maybe we just have different braking styles? :lol:
I'm generally the last of the late brakers, I quite like sharp brakes that I can use to slide the car on entry as I find I can shed speed faster and get the nose tucked in if I go in aggressively. Your brakes seem to suit a more conventional straight line braking approach which doesn't come as naturally to me.

Thanks for test driving and for the review. Sorry that the car wasn't more realistic. Maybe driving with ABS 0 would help?

The whole idea was flawed from the beginning, if you were caught driving around with alignment like that on the streets of London you'd have your MOT certificate torn up and 3 points on your licence :lol:

I have test driven the 2013s. I did my car first to get back in the rhythm and did not remember it being that loose with the lift off oversteer. It's funny when you tune for a few hours then return to the car a few days later how it takes a few laps to get back into that rhythm. One tune beat mine and all of my times are currently within 0.7 seconds. Have the 2006s left to go.

I have test driven the 2013s. I did my car first to get back in the rhythm and did not remember it being that loose with the lift off oversteer. It's funny when you tune for a few hours then return to the car a few days later how it takes a few laps to get back into that rhythm. One tune beat mine and all of my times are currently within 0.7 seconds. Have the 2006s left to go.
Well it wasn't exactly lift off oversteer, happened more if you brake while turning. The feeling just reminded me of 80s/90s Peugeots in the way it would suddenly rotate when you least expected it to.
Yours and @Lionheart2113 's were very similar and I suspect they could have done nearly identical laps, I just got lucky for one lap in his and knocked 0.3 off without really knowing how or why.

Look forward to seeing your results, best of luck 👍

Let me know if you make the change:tup:.
Probably best to check for piece of mind, you never know what effects seemingly meaningless changes will have in GT :lol:

Just tested my car with front aero parts installed and no rear wing again just to be sure, and compared it against my ghost that had completely stock aero. Noticed no difference in feel or performance at all :confused:. Wasn't improving or losing out on any part of the circuit. I'll leave it as is since it looks better this way.

Thanks..Bowtie....Hope you Enjoy the Stang....I need a break from Willow now..i'm Exhausted....i did 2,729.9 miles tuning this car on there...and 1,800 miles with the other 2

Holy Moly you guys are thorough. I had a paltry 182.6 miles on my car before submitting my tune. :scared:

Just tested my car with front aero parts installed and no rear wing again just to be sure, and compared it against my ghost that had completely stock aero. Noticed no difference in feel or performance at all :confused:. Wasn't improving or losing out on any part of the circuit. I'll leave it as is since it looks better this way.

Holy Moly you guys are thorough. I had a paltry 182.6 miles on my car before submitting my tune. :scared:
Fair enough, I guess it affects different cars in different ways, as long as you're happy with it then that is the main thing 👍

Ill take your comments about the LSD on board and see if I can make this ST a little quicker. Thanks for the feedback and your time in it is excellent. Out of interest, what time do you reckon this tune could run if I can sort out the LSD?

Ford Focus ST '13
@CyKosis1973
Time: 1:01.389
DC Score: 8.0
Review: Very comfortable and solid tune. Stability is there, especially under braking. There is a tight condition that hurts it on the backstretch. Not sure why you say good luck, I found this car very easy to drive!

@CyKosis1973 – 2013 Time: 1:02.147 DC 8.5
Just a bit of understeer but not too bad. Overall pretty stable and easy to drive.

As ever, thank you kindly, gentlemen. I appreciate your time and effort 👍

The car plateaued quite quickly for me, it got to the point where any changes I made were having minimal effect. I'm glad you all found it reasonably comfortable to drive, I'm not one for knife-edge driving :sly: A custom gearbox and some hard sports rubber are all that should be required to transform the car into a proper competitor...

{Cy}

Yours and @Lionheart2113 's were very similar and I suspect they could have done nearly identical laps, I just got lucky for one lap in his and knocked 0.3 off without really knowing how or why.
Glad to hear mine was almost like Hami's. All of my good scores/cars are a tribute to his tuning guide in GT5. Although I got into tuning very late, it was still easy to follow. So that must mean that all of my bad scores/cars are when I color outside of the lines.:odd:
And that lap when you knocked off 0.3 was done when you weren't thinking about it. I like to setup my cars to be fast and not have to think, because thinking hurts!:ouch:

Ford Focus ST '06 (stock/mod 450pp) – 1:01.67​

Thanks again @DolHaus.....Just a quick question and i've been thinking about what you put in your review....why do you think it never pulled out of the corners as quick as the others...do you think it would of been better if i set the power parts up differently ie....power 96.7...Engine Tuning stage 2...Sports Exhaust...Catalytic Converter Sports...You get 450pp and 265bhp and 37kgfm of max Torque....that's 13bhp more and 8kgfm less Torque if i did it this way...So my question is do you think having more power and less torque would of helped it pull away faster out of the corners and with less wheelspin or did it help having less power and more Torque on the full speed sections... It would be good to hear your opinion...👍 Or anyone Else's....

I forgot to say that you beat my best time...you were just over 1 sec faster.... Well done...to you and all the Tester...you all really do know how to drive to get these times...:bowdown:

Thanks for your positive review and feedback

Back