FITT Ford Challenges by MCH

Just a quick question. Are there any performance differences between the aero parts? If I put on aero a, will it perform the same as aero b,c etc? Trying to limit build time and not coming out to gt auto for every build is a good thing!
@Otaliema did some testing, here is a link, this should answer your question although I do not believe they make a difference.

Just a quick question. Are there any performance differences between the aero parts? If I put on aero a, will it perform the same as aero b,c etc? Trying to limit build time and not coming out to gt auto for every build is a good thing!

@Otaliema did some testing, here is a link, this should answer your question although I do not believe they make a difference.

That testing was done patch 1.07 so unless they changed something in 1.09 or later all aero does the same thing for each part. same effects same speed penalty some corning boost.

something generates effect has cars that accept aero kits (Type A) with (custon Rear wing) adjustable I particularly used especially in this '05 Ford GT that I put in (Height -2) / (Width + 30) that the difference of one : 300 milessimos second:cheers::odd:

Is this between different front aero's (a,b,c etc) or between aero and no aero?
aero and no aero, the variance in speed is based on the power of the car, the more power the smaller the speed reduction. all front kits and all rear wings give the same effect for the part location, so kit a,b,c are all the same. toss what ever one pleases your eye the most.

It has a 1-3% impact on top speed and gives the equivalent down force of about 10 points to the nose.
Yeah I meant there is no difference between option a,b or c rather than fitted vs. unfitted. I Probably could have worded it better đź‘Ť

It would be nice if there was variance seeing that some just appear to be visual and others have full on lip-spoilers and canards. It would be impossible to implement though without changing a whole bunch of other stuff to make sure that the cars were equal*.

*using the loosest definition of equal :lol:

Last edited:
Here she is testers................

Ford Shelby GT500 `13

mustang.jpg

ps Can someone let me know what I`ve forgotten to list this time!!đź‘Ť

Yeah I meant there is no difference between option a,b or c rather than fitted vs. unfitted. I Probably could have worded it better đź‘Ť

It would be nice if there was variance seeing that some just appear to be visual and others have full on lip-spoilers and canards. It would be impossible to implement though without changing a whole bunch of other stuff to make sure that the cars were equal*.

*using the loosest definition of equal :lol:
equal? what is this equal you speak of? I don't think PD knows that definition. :lol:
Looks good from here, will let you know when I build later if anything missing, perhaps directions to the closest clothing store for new shorts after driving?:sly:
CA-14 S for 11 miles to Lancaster CA to the nearest walmart :P

She`ll drift all the way round 3,4 and 5 if you let her!:lol: She`s quick too tho I got 1:17.4 out of her earlier. And I hate Willow!đź‘Ť
Will she drift the last big turn that is the question!

Sorry to revert the subject back to aero parts, but cant say I've ever noticed a difference between having a front aero part fitted or not, handling and lap times always seemed the same to me :s I only notice a difference with rear wings. Removing a stock rear wing never seems to do anything either to me, thought that was purely cosmetic too.

Sorry to revert the subject back to aero parts, but cant say I've ever noticed a difference between having a front aero part fitted or not, handling and lap times always seemed the same to me :s I only notice a difference with rear wings. Removing a stock rear wing never seems to do anything either to me, thought that was purely cosmetic too.
I would disagree with the wing removal not affecting things, one of my touring cars was a hyundai genesis and that thing went from docile and grippy to slippery and unpredictable by just removing the tiny wing.
As for the front aero adding downforce, I have not tested this myself but @Otaliema says he has and I'm prepared to take him at his word.

But what if you cannot drift like me? You guys had better built stable cars or I am going to look like a Happy Cat in the worlds largest kitty litter.
Don't worry my entry is all about grip, I have a de-restricted one that I use for the sideways shenanigans :lol:

(sorry for the double post)
Just noticed something odd while building @sinof1337 's Focus 13'

When built to spec the PP is different dependant on the placement of ballast:
52kg at 0 (54:46) = 451PP
52kg at 50 (52:48) = 450PP

:confused::confused::confused:

(sorry for the double post)
Just noticed something odd while building @sinof1337 's Focus 13'

When built to spec the PP is different dependant on the placement of ballast:
52kg at 0 (54:46) = 451PP
52kg at 50 (52:48) = 450PP

:confused::confused::confused:
Grip advantage, you see the same thing with RWD cars when you move the ballast around. FF cars it's gets higher the farther forward you go.

Grip advantage, you see the same thing with RWD cars when you move the ballast around. FF cars it's gets higher the farther forward you go.
Some FR cars will do this as well depending on original weight, see the Mustang GT. The more rear ballast, better balance?, the higher the PP. And its not forward, it's rearward on FF.

*I think I got that right*:confused::boggled:

Back