FITT Ford Challenges by MCH

Thanks for having a go. My tune is definitely not digital or auto friendly! I expected some people to struggle with my tune, I'm just hoping it's not everyone really! I even lost my mojo with this tune for a little while after trying other tunes.

Also Here is my testing.

1:39.590 @sinof1337 DC:10
1:40.042 @MrGrado DC:10
1:40.085 @Otaliema DC:10
1:40.134 @Bowtie-muscle DC:10
1:40.319 @shaunm80 DC:10
1:40.670 @DaBomm4 DC:10
1:41.074 @xande1959 DC:10
1:41.926 @fourevaboostin DC:10

@MrGrado are these driver choice scores for real?

@Otaliema are you testing the Mustang class?

With one more day to test the GT class, are these testers going to make it or do you need a few more days?
@brian wolf
@Lionheart2113
@Ronald6

Last edited:
**I’m not a negative person, so if there is any criticism of a tune; it’s not meant to be an insult, and if my time is slower than what you have, then that’s fair enough. These are non bias opinions based on how I drive and should be taken with a grain of salt! I respect and appreciate the time the tuners have put into their tunes (especially when a track/car combo comes along like this) and I will try everything I can to get the most out of the tune itself.**

FITT Ford GT Challenge by MCH
Ford GT '05
Track(s):
Daytona Road Course (Night)

Each tuner was drawn at random, but put in the order as listed to help Hami with the spreadsheet. I ran each car for 2 sets of 5 laps.

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

@Bowtie-muscle
Time: 1:40.387
DC Score: 9.0
Review: Small push on corner entry which can hurt the timing of the fast sections and a little loose on acceleration, which was worse when it decided to drop me down into 1st gear on the slowest corner. Those things makes it sound like its a bad tune, but it is not. Get used to it, and the tire squealing, it can be a fun car to drive. Good job!👍

@DaBomm4
Time: 1:41.063
DC Score: 7.5
Review: This car can get a little temperamental with steering and throttle inputs. Can push going into the corner and has some snappy oversteer on exit. Easiest way for me to drive this car was hitting my marks, trusting my decision with the steering, and very light on the "X" button until the car was completely straight.

@fourevaboostin
Time: 1:42.652
DC Score: 7.0
Review: I think the adjustments with the spoiler hurts this tune. It helps with the braking, mostly in a straight line, but it causes that push mid corner. I never exactly knew when it was going to rotate like a dream or push up into the grass...or wall. My time could have been quicker but there were 2 parts of the track I had to slow down too much( breaking my rhythm) to make sure I kept it on the pavement. A decent tune for your first FITT entry. Keep them coming!:D

@MrGrado
Time: 1:41.265
Review: This car loves to be thrown into the corners and it rotated well. Which was a huge surprise with the spoiler. It was just a handful on exit with my lead thumb. Lots of tapping the throttle. The rear could also jump out after hitting some rumble strips, but I can see how this could be a really fast car with you or your fellow aliens at the wheel!;)

@Otaliema
Time: 1:39.812
DC Score: 9.5
Review: Great car once I go used to it. Looking at the back end of a GT, you expect the rear to slide at least a little, this didn't even though it would act like it was going to which caught me off guard. I also found myself tapping the E-brake on corner entry so there was some slight understeer there on the slower corners. Excellent tune and I would suggest others to give it a test drive.👍👍

@shaunm80
Time: 1:40.726
DC Score: 8.5
Review: Looking at the numbers during setup it looked like the ones I would have used, even down to the transmission...so it must be good!:sly: And it is a good car, solid under braking, but on accel it would start to slide out (no big issues there) but it would violently snap itself back in line when you let off the gas. If there is one thing I can say about your tunes is that there is at least 1 thing, if not more, that is spot on with them, in this case it was the brakes and suspension under heavy braking. Best of the bunch for me.:cheers:

@sinof1337
Time: 1:39.727
DC Score: 10
Review: This tune was perfect for me. Like Otaliema's except that the back end would come around a little on you. This made it very predictable and gave me the ability to throw it around the track. I'd also like to mention that this is the only car that I ran the full 10 laps without a single red lap. The ONLY thing about this car.... maybe take the final gear down to 3.300. Very nicely done.:bowdown:

@xande1959
Time: 1:40.607
Review: Another solid tune, my friend. Nothing really stands out except maybe a little bouncy on the bumps and rumble strips, lack of power?, and of course the tire smoke on acceleration...but that was fun and easily managed. Easy car to control.👍

Very nicely done gentlemen, and apologies for these being posted at the 11th hour.

Ford GT '05
Track(s):

@shaunm80
Review: Looking at the numbers during setup it looked like the ones I would have used, even down to the transmission...so it must be good!:sly: And it is a good car, solid under braking, but on accel it would start to slide out (no big issues there) but it would violently snap itself back in line when you let off the gas. If there is one thing I can say about your tunes is that there is at least 1 thing, if not more, that is spot on with them, in this case it was the brakes and suspension under heavy braking. Best of the bunch for me.:cheers:

Very nicely done gentlemen, and apologies for these being posted at the 11th hour.

Thank you for the review. No worries that it was done at the 11th hour. :) Excellent review and i am happy that you found the areas of the car which I put time into perfecting. I knew my car was never going to be the fastest of the bunch so I went for the handling aspect. You seemed to have found the sweet spot in the car as your time was definitely faster than what mine was. :)

Thank you for the review. No worries that it was done at the 11th hour. :) Excellent review and i am happy that you found the areas of the car which I put time into perfecting. I knew my car was never going to be the fastest of the bunch so I went for the handling aspect. You seemed to have found the sweet spot in the car as your time was definitely faster than what mine was. :)

@Lionheart2113 fantastic time was reduced by 1 second congratulate, very good performance thanks.:bowdown::cheers:👍

**I’m not a negative person, so if there is any criticism of a tune; it’s not meant to be an insult, and if my time is slower than what you have, then that’s fair enough. These are non bias opinions based on how I drive and should be taken with a grain of salt! I respect and appreciate the time the tuners have put into their tunes (especially when a track/car combo comes along like this) and I will try everything I can to get the most out of the tune itself.**

Ford GT '05
Track(s):

Each tuner was drawn at random, but put in the order as listed to help Hami with the spreadsheet. I ran each car for 2 sets of 5 laps.

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

@Bowtie-muscle
Time: 1:40.387
DC Score: 9.0
Review: Small push on corner entry which can hurt the timing of the fast sections and a little loose on acceleration, which was worse when it decided to drop me down into 1st gear on the slowest corner. Those things makes it sound like its a bad tune, but it is not. Get used to it, and the tire squealing, it can be a fun car to drive. Good job!👍

@DaBomm4
Time: 1:41.063
Review: This car can get a little temperamental with steering and throttle inputs. Can push going into the corner and has some snappy oversteer on exit. Easiest way for me to drive this car was hitting my marks, trusting my decision with the steering, and very light on the "X" button until the car was completely straight.

@fourevaboostin
Time: 1:42.652
DC Score: 7.0
Review: I think the adjustments with the spoiler hurts this tune. It helps with the braking, mostly in a straight line, but it causes that push mid corner. I never exactly knew when it was going to rotate like a dream or push up into the grass...or wall. My time could have been quicker but there were 2 parts of the track I had to slow down too much( breaking my rhythm) to make sure I kept it on the pavement. A decent tune for your first FITT entry. Keep them coming!:D

@MrGrado
Time: 1:41.265
Review: This car loves to be thrown into the corners and it rotated well. Which was a huge surprise with the spoiler. It was just a handful on exit with my lead thumb. Lots of tapping the throttle. The rear could also jump out after hitting some rumble strips, but I can see how this could be a really fast car with you or your fellow aliens at the wheel!;)

@Otaliema
Time: 1:39.812
Review: Great car once I go used to it. Looking at the back end of a GT, you expect the rear to slide at least a little, this didn't even though it would act like it was going to which caught me off guard. I also found myself tapping the E-brake on corner entry so there was some slight understeer there on the slower corners. Excellent tune and I would suggest others to give it a test drive.👍👍

@shaunm80

@sinof1337
Time: 1:39.727
DC Score: 10
Review: This tune was perfect for me. Like Otaliema's except that the back end would come around a little on you. This made it very predictable and gave me the ability to throw it around the track. I'd also like to mention that this is the only car that I ran the full 10 laps without a single red lap. The ONLY thing about this car.... maybe take the final gear down to 3.300. Very nicely done.:bowdown:

@xande1959
Time: 1:40.607
Review: Another solid tune, my friend. Nothing really stands out except maybe a little bouncy on the bumps and rumble strips, lack of power?, and of course the tire smoke on acceleration...but that was fun and easily managed. Easy car to control.👍

Thank you sir. Glad to see you liked it.
@Motor City Hami i want to retest @sinof1337 car to make sure I didn't have a setting wrong my time for him is not reflective of what others are getting, if that's ok, I most likely won't be able to test till Tuesday tho weekends are family time in our house.

Last edited:
Ford GT Reviews

-Track settings Grip set to real ABS 1, all other aids off.

-All tunes were tested at Daytona Road Course at night.
-All tunes were tested until I felt I had got all I could out of them.
-All tunes tested with DFGT and manual transmission.
-All tunes tested as posted.

@Bowtie-muscle
Time: 1:41.523
DC Score: 8
Review: Nice, good to drive tune. Had to be wary of some mid corner over rotation like a alot of these GTs. But, it
was predictable and a little understeer on exit helped catch it but it cost some time. Well done.

@DaBomm4
Time: 1:41.405
DC Score: 6
Review: This tune needs to be driven hard and precise. Great into the first corner and in the infield. But some high
speed understeer in the chicane cost time. Unstable enough to be fast. But, for me not consistant. Well done.

@fourevaboostin
Time: 1:42.910
Review: Lots of understeer here. But, it didn`t spoil the drive. Turn in early and feather through and it was very
consistant on laptimes. First corner was great. But, I lost a lot of time on the infield and at the chicane.
Well done.

@MrGrado
Time: 1:41.975
DC Score: 7
Review: Epic in every corner, just couldn`t put a lap together. Over rotated similar to Bowtie`s, when I got corner
entry wrong but with no push on exit I found it less forgiving. Made me feel like a driving god when I got
it right tho! Well done.

@Otaliema
Time: 1:40.100
DC Score: 9
Review: For me, an almost perfect balance of stable/unstable. Would have gone even faster but had several possible
1:39s ruined by a wheel on the grass at the chicane which spun me. But, keep it on the black stuff and this
is very fast. Well done.

@shaunm80
Time: 1:40.919
Review: Consistant at all corners, which gave me confidence to push a bit harder. This brought about some mid corner
over rotation. But keep it smooth and you can power out early. Well done.

@sinof1337
Time: 1:40.005
Review: Fast, easy to drive and consistant lap times made this tune this pick of the bunch for me. Only some entry
understeer stopped this tune getting 10/10. Well done.

@xande1959
Time: 1:40.519
Review: The best into the first corner and through the chicane. But this stability cost time on the infield.
Well done.

Ford GT Reviews

-Track settings Grip set to real ABS 1, all other aids off.

-All tunes were tested at Daytona Road Course at night.
-All tunes were tested until I felt I had got all I could out of them.
-All tunes tested with DFGT and manual transmission.
-All tunes tested as posted.

@Bowtie-muscle
Time: 1:41.523
DC Score: 8
Review: Nice, good to drive tune. Had to be wary of some mid corner over rotation like a alot of these GTs. But, it
was predictable and a little understeer on exit helped catch it but it cost some time. Well done.

@DaBomm4
Time: 1:41.405
DC Score: 6
Review: This tune needs to be driven hard and precise. Great into the first corner and in the infield. But some high
speed understeer in the chicane cost time. Unstable enough to be fast. But, for me not consistant. Well done.

@fourevaboostin
Time: 1:42.910
Review: Lots of understeer here. But, it didn`t spoil the drive. Turn in early and feather through and it was very
consistant on laptimes. First corner was great. But, I lost a lot of time on the infield and at the chicane.
Well done.

@MrGrado
Time: 1:41.975
DC Score: 7
Review: Epic in every corner, just couldn`t put a lap together. Over rotated similar to Bowtie`s, when I got corner
entry wrong but with no push on exit I found it less forgiving. Made me feel like a driving god when I got
it right tho! Well done.

@Otaliema
Time: 1:40.100
Review: For me, an almost perfect balance of stable/unstable. Would have gone even faster but had several possible
1:39s ruined by a wheel on the grass at the chicane which spun me. But, keep it on the black stuff and this
is very fast. Well done.

@shaunm80
Time: 1:40.919
Review: Consistant at all corners, which gave me confidence to push a bit harder. This brought about some mid corner
over rotation. But keep it smooth and you can power out early. Well done.

@sinof1337
Time: 1:40.005
Review: Fast, easy to drive and consistant lap times made this tune this pick of the bunch for me. Only some entry
understeer stopped this tune getting 10/10. Well done.

@xande1959
Time: 1:40.519
Review: The best into the first corner and through the chicane. But this stability cost time on the infield.
Well done.
Thank you in the review sir, looks like you had a blast with several of the cars.

Thanks to all of the testers, I'm glad everyone is enjoying it. I wouldn't worry to much about my car being slow for you @Otaliema Not every car is for everyone. Not that I'm complaining about you retesting, my time can only get better :lol:

Crazy how I went from dead last with the 'stangs to within striking distance of winning with the GTs. I've definitely been all of the board this time.

I am just letting you guys know, my dad is in the hospital, but he is doing better.
Family first bud we will be here. Sending healing wishes his way, we will be here when you get back.

Thanks to all of the testers, I'm glad everyone is enjoying it. I wouldn't worry to much about my car being slow for you @Otaliema Not every car is for everyone. Not that I'm complaining about you retesting, my time can only get better :lol:

Crazy how I went from dead last with the 'stangs to within striking distance of winning with the GTs. I've definitely been all of the board this time.

Yeah after seeing the times from everyone else I think I may have somthing wrong on your tune, even if a car is not my style I can normally get it close to what it can do not 3 seconds off pace.

I put together a list of all the FITT Challenges I have participated in, with all lap time and DC rankings, then averaged out the results. Strangely enough, my average finish is 3.5 - For Both! Guess I need to try and pick it up as in reality, it means I normally finish 4th just off the podium:dunce:. @Otaliema and @sinof1337 , you guys really made some quality GT's, the rest were really good too.

**Now to figure out how Otaliema keeps edging me out
:rolleyes:

I put together a list of all the FITT Challenges I have participated in, with all lap time and DC rankings, then averaged out the results. Strangely enough, my average finish is 3.5 - For Both! Guess I need to try and pick it up as in reality, it means I normally finish 4th just off the podium:dunce:. @Otaliema and @sinof1337 , you guys really made some quality GT's, the rest were really good too.

I dont think your going to slide down to fourth in the GT category this time. You have a 0.6 gap in average DC to myself so you seem pretty safe on that podium spot. Hopefully I can hang on to the fourth spot but I'm fighting to keep hold of it. Very close results in this class of car after 3rd sport.

Luck good sir your tunes are always fun and stable mine are all over the place

Thank you in the review sir, looks like you had a blast with several of the cars.
Yeah, but yours went sideways the best! :D:tup:

@MrGrado @Lionheart2113 @brian wolf Thank you gentlemen for testing and for the reviews, not my best work but not my worst. For a last minute 2 day tune, it did better than expected.

It was much better than the tune I built to learn the track! I would have come last if I`d entered mine!:lol:

Tunes like your GT make test driving a real pleasure! 👍 Keep up the good work.

all over the place can be fun too...
🤬 hell yeah!

@Motor City Hami updated time for @sinof1337
1:45.327 DC 9.5
I found on retest I was not driving the car nearly hard enough the first time around, if the tires where not talking, it was not happy and that was the source of the over rotation in the corners. I couldn't quite hold it together for an entire lap but it was definitely a much better drive when I was pushing and sliding the car. Had a couple of 1:43.xxx that I toasted on the infield or last chicane. Give me another 50 laps I could could do it.

Latest Posts

Back