FITT Ford Challenges by MCH

@DolHaus 1:17.175 DC-7.8 I COULD WATCH THIS CAR SPIT FLAMES ALL DAY ! it made me smile every time i down shifted. It was not remarkable in a bad way or a good way. It was just a stable and easy drive with a very respectable time and you can't be mad at that. I am curious about why we had to setup the gears in reverse order though. "Fascinating" in spock voice

The transmission setting order wasn't essential in this case but if you have 1st or 6th gear set all the way to the left or right it changes the potential numbers available at the opposite end of the box (ie. if you start at 1st you might not be able to match the 6th gear number and vice versa).

Thank you for the review, glad you liked the fireworks show :lol:

@brian wolf 1:17.492 DC-7 The lift off rotation on this car was amazing, it was like driving a MR car. The only problem is that it would smoke the front tires and lose too much speed. I could get it into the 16's if i just made a few adjustments to curb the weight from moving as much and overloading the front tires. I also though the 3 gear setup was a stroke of genius, they were nearly perfectly matched to the track. I think 5th could have been a tiny bit shorter to get a better run through the back and down the straight.

Great work mate! nice times and reviews. :cheers:👍

Attention GT Testers, if you havn't dove in already myself and @sinof1337 are the only two with +1 inch rims.
Sin also only has a rear wing no front kit.
@DaBomm4 has no Aero parts at all,
@shaunm80 has only front aero on the car. So you can save a few trips in and out of the arcade mode.
Yeah, changed my approach and tried something different this time, used only 1 car other than my own. No aero/wing, then aero no wing, then 4 cars with aero and wing. Then added +1 wheels for yours and finally remove front aero.

Yeah, changed my approach and tried something different this time, used only 1 car other than my own. No aero/wing, then aero no wing, then 4 cars with aero and wing. Then added +1 wheels for yours and finally remove front aero.
Saves a ton of money don't it? even if you went and repainted the car for each tuner it's still way less expensive than a car per tuner. :) Your car is :odd:and :D and that's all I'm gonna say till I post my review.

Saves a ton of money don't it? even if you went and repainted the car for each tuner it's still way less expensive than a car per tuner. :) Your car is :odd:and :D and that's all I'm gonna say till I post my review.

I did repaint every time I left Arcade mode. But, someone had a wheel/wheel paint combo I think will be making it's way to one of my tunes:drool:.

And yes, my tune does have that paint color which makes you smile.:mischievous: Sure is sexy isn't it.

I did repaint every time I left Arcade mode. But, someone had a wheel/wheel paint combo I think will be making it's way to one of my tunes:drool:.

And yes, my tune does have that paint color which makes you smile.:mischievous: Sure is sexy isn't it.
Yes and no. It's a great looking blue but I regard blue as unlucky color for cars. Both my wife and I owned blues cars in our past and both cars where accident magnets. Between us we had 12 accidents in 2 years 0 of which our fault. :boggled:

Yes and no. It's a great looking blue but I regard blue as unlucky color for cars. Both my wife and I owned blues cars in our past and both cars where accident magnets. Between us we had 12 accidents in 2 years 0 of which our fault. :boggled:
But thanks to PD magic, when I bend and dent one of my blue beauties, reset or restart fixes them real real quick.:D:lol::lol:

I think 6 hours is long enough to state this is not a double post?
I got side tracked/ distracted by the expirating seasonals I wanted the paint lol. So didn't finish the GT's today but after driving two that didn't want to turn and than got in one that I fight to not over rotate I had to take a break from them lol. DC will be highly varied in this group I think.

@Badger66 1:18.130 DC-7 the best brakes in the contest. it was also super predictable, i didn't go off track once. It was a bit tight up front though which didn't allow me to push the limits without running into massive understeer.

Thanks for getting back @ImToLegitToQuit with the reviews and glad you liked the brakes.

I have taken on board about what you and other testers have said about the understeer you get from mid corner to exit and realise this is were my tune was loosing so much time and will try to adapt this to future tunes.

Thanks for your feedback and your time testing..👍

Well done to all the Testers and tuners...i really have enjoyed taking part in this Challenge:)

And Well done to the winners

:cheers:

Thanks for getting back @ImToLegitToQuit with the reviews and glad you liked the brakes.

I have taken on board about what you and other testers have said about the understeer you get from mid corner to exit and realise this is were my tune was loosing so much time and will try to adapt this to future tunes.

Thanks for your feedback and your time testing..👍

Well done to all the Testers and tuners...i really have enjoyed taking part in this Challenge:)

And Well done to the winners

Well done to you to Badger for a great rookie effort :) 👍
Huge differences between the Focus & Mustang but you acquitted yourself well.

Well done to you to Badger for a great rookie effort :) 👍
Huge differences between the Focus & Mustang but you acquitted yourself well.

Thanks @Pete05....It's been a lot of Fun and a huge learning curve and praise to all the tuners for all the Awesome tunes i've been using from their garages in GT5 and GT6......i really do know now what goes into a tune and how much time it takes....Kudo's to them....👍

Finished my GT testing, not sure if it was me but from the sound of things, @Otaliema is experiencing similar results. I will try and get them posted tonight but may not have time. I had to retest all but one tune for my own piece of mind and for fairness. I am very curious however, to see other reviews, as I have been a bit uncomfortable with my results. Not pushing other testers though.

Finished my GT testing, not sure if it was me but from the sound of things, @Otaliema is experiencing similar results. I will try and get them posted tonight but may not have time. I had to retest all but one tune for my own piece of mind and for fairness. I am very curious however, to see other reviews, as I have been a bit uncomfortable with my results. Not pushing other testers though.

Here goes then.

I also had issues throughout this class. The order I tested had me going back and forth between the good and the not so good. Really struggled with the DS3 and the track. Any sort of contact with the edge would send me into 360 spins. As with the Mustang class, I again found it more about the tune fitting me. Anything that required an ounce of throttle control or that needed slight adjustments didn't do too well.

All cars tested for 10 laps using DS3 (x throttle, square brake) and auto transmission. All aids off except ABS1 and driving line.

Posted as listed in tuners post.

@Bowtie-muscle
Time - 1:43:148
DC - 8.5
Good solid tune. Easy to settle into. Stable under braking and good turn in. A little over rotation which meant I had to straighten up before mashing the gas, which I could do with ease when straight. Well done.

@DaBomm4
Time - 1:45:691
DC - 5
Really struggled to get into this one. Needs precise inputs that I can't provide with the DS3. Found understeer when on the power and the rear end breaking loose in the lower gears. Sorry to the tuner for my time but it should fair better for other drivers.

@fourevaboostin
Time - 1:44:052
DC - 8
Nice stable tune. Solid under braking, good turn in and rotation. Easy to get the power down. Some understeer on the banking and if you don't get the right line, you'll get sucked into the wall in no time. Good effort.

@MrGrado
Time - 1:44:563
DC - 7
A little loose for my driving style to set a fast ime in. Some over rotation and difficult to get on the power. Will get better results with stick and wheel users.

@Otaliema
Time - 1:41:389
DC - 10
A fine example of tune fitting driver. Good under braking. Great through the corners. Easy to get the power down and could do so with confidence. Red lapped a 1:40:993 by clipping the wall after the last bank. Head and shoulders above everything else for me. Bravo sir.

@shaunm80
Time - 1:44:573
DC - 7.5
Easier to control than some other tunes with good turn in but over rotation in the hairpins. Throttle control on exit also required.

@sinof1337
Time - 1:42:020
DC - 8.5
Quick car which is excellent under braking, allowing you to throw it into the corner, some throttle control required on exit however. Good turn in with some over rotation meaning a wait to get back on the power.

@xande1959
Time - 1:42:412
DC - 9
Nicely balanced car. Good turn in and rotation. Easy to get the power down early. Ran consisten laps from beginning to end. Good effort, well done.

@Otaliema
Time - 1:41:389
DC - 10
A fine example of tune fitting driver. Good under braking. Great through the corners. Easy to get the power down and could do so with confidence. Red lapped a 1:40:993 by clipping the wall after the last bank. Head and shoulders above everything else for me. Bravo sir.
I'm happy to see the tune did what I wanted be easy to lay down the power and turn well. You did some fantastic lap times there close to 2 seconds faster than my self durring testing.

Time - 1:43:148
DC - 8.5
Good solid tune. Easy to settle into. Stable under braking and good turn in. A little over rotation which meant I had to straighten up before mashing the gas, which I could do with ease when straight. Well done.

Thank you Sir, making me feel a thousand times better about my own testing. Thanks for putting the time in again, hope You did not feel pushed to post quicker.

Thank you Sir, making me feel a thousand times better about my own testing. Thanks for putting the time in again, hope You did not feel pushed to post quicker.

Always had today down for testing, managed to get them all done in one go. I like to post as soon as i'm done as I know there are people waiting.

I gave up worrying about my results a long time ago. I try to drive the backside off every car, every time. Most of the time it does not work out for me, which doesn't mean it won't work for anybody else. I think most of the tuners here understand that not every tune they submit will be the best, and are prepared for some strange results. The Focus class was a different kettle of fish altogether. I'm not expecting anything that close again.

I remember a comp back in GT5 where I flew around in one of @Theo777 tunes. It was by far the quickest for me but everyone else seemed to struggle in it.

Looking forward to the rest of the results. It's been a fun competition.

@MrGrado
Time - 1:44:563
DC - 7
A little loose for my driving style to set a fast ime in. Some over rotation and difficult to get on the power. Will get better results with stick and wheel users.

Thanks for having a go. My tune is definitely not digital or auto friendly! I expected some people to struggle with my tune, I'm just hoping it's not everyone really! I even lost my mojo with this tune for a little while after trying other tunes.

Also Here is my testing.

1:39.590 @sinof1337 DC:10
1:40.042 @MrGrado DC:9
1:40.085 @Otaliema DC:8
1:40.134 @Bowtie-muscle DC:8.5
1:40.319 @shaunm80 DC:8
1:40.670 @DaBomm4 DC:7
1:41.074 @xande1959 DC:6
1:41.926 @fourevaboostin DC:6

Last edited:
If you are this consistent overall with your times and scoring, You should be very proud of this tune.
I am hoping. but not expecting.

Thanks for having a go. My tune is definitely not digital or auto friendly! I expected some people to struggle with my tune, I'm just hoping it's not everyone really! I even lost my mojo with this tune for a little while after trying other tunes.

Also Here is my testing. I might rerun some times. Results posted incomplete.

1:40.220 @Otaliema DC:10
1:40.370 @MrGrado DC:10
1:40.670 @DaBomm4 DC:10
1:41.021 @Bowtie-muscle DC:10
1:43.038 @fourevaboostin DC:10
1:59.999 @shaunm80 DC:10
1:59.999 @sinof1337 DC:10
1:59.999 @xande1959 DC:10

Those are some really fast times sir, you truly are one of the fastest drivers we have here in FITT. I have a few more cars to drive before I post my results.

Test Driving results for the FITT Ford Challenge by MCH Ford GT’05 class, tested at Daytona Road Course at 10pm.

All cars received 5 Laps warm up and learning. All cars then driven for 5 Laps or till I got all I could from the car on the majority of the track. Which ever came second.

Track and driving aids. Grip= Real, ABS=1 all other driving aids off that impact handling.

DC scoring is as follows. Stock suspension & LSD with power and weight upgrades. (3 Stock Laps max to get a feel on it)

1-4 worse than stock and why.
5 as good as stock.
6-7 better than stock but….
8-9 Great tune.
10 WOW one of the best I’ve had the privilege of driving n GT6

Ford GT ‘05

Tuners:
@Bowtie-muscle Tune here
Stock Lap;1:50.778 Lap time;1:45.772 DC; 8.9

Impressions of the tune; This car was stable most of the time, and warned you that it didn’t like something you were doing before you spun. So it was great fun to drive, it was easy to find the limit in this car and stay at or near it the entire track. What hurt was cars unwillingness to punch it out of a turn and the BLOR at the low speed turns. I think a bit softer of a rear and touch more ARB up front to settle the weight shifting and this car would have settled down alot of and been a bit faster. Well done sir.

@DaBomm4 Tune here
Stock Lap;2:01.479 O_o Lap time;1:50.183 DC; 7
Impressions of the tune; This car liked to do two things really well, go fast and try and kill you. The TLOR and BLOR killed me in this car. I could never quite it right through all the turns on the course when I did it get right in a few turns it was fantastic just zipped the turns like I was on rails. I think the rear dampers were a bit high and caused the weight to shift around suddenly and was the cause of my issues with stability in this tune. This would be a great car on high speed tracks with only a few tight turns.

@fourevaboostin Tune here
Stock Lap;1:49.535 Lap time;1:48.573 DC;4.8
Impressions of the tune; I didn't think I would encounter a MR car with too much understeer. But with the ballast so far upfront and so little weight on the tail this car didn’t like to turn and I had feather the throttle on all turns, the brakes were a little on the light side, had great control while braking but had the longest braking zone of all cars. I think moving the ballast back a bit and getting the balance to 49:51 or 48:52 would help this car a ton, the suspension felt good it just didn’t like to turn. I did find that it had one line on the track and if I missed it I found a wall and there was little I could do to stop it.

@MrGrado Tune here
Stock Lap;1:50.553 Lap time;1:47.859 DC; 8.5
Impressions of the tune; This is a well built high skill tune, I could feel the cars desire to go much faster than I could control it at. I had issues with the weight transfer as I let off the brakes entering a corner, was causing a bit of over rotation that I couldn't control, not enough movement on the DS3, I did note some understeer at high speed on the banked turns that required some throttle feathering to keep me off the wall. One of the other problems I encountered was the outside front or rear was over loading on the low speed turns and outside rear was under loading on the high speed turns, A slightly softer tail would help that out I think.

@Otaliema Tune here
Stock Lap;1:49.081 Lap time;1:44.626 DC; 9
Impressions of the tune; After driving all the other cars in the field, I found that the forgiving nature of this car is what makes it so fast, you can jump on the gas early in the corner it recovers from fish tails, it takes to trail braking and to slides it will rotate when you ask it to and it stops when you need it to. I felt it still had some issues with weight shifting causing a bit of unexpected rotation at low speed but overall it was fast and stable.

@shaunm80 Tune here
Stock Lap;1:53.013 Lap time;1:47.382 DC; 7.8
Impressions of the tune; Stable and quick but just as fast to spin you on throttle use if you mash it at the wrong point pretty much had to off the wheel to jump on the gas. I found throttle control was key to this car and if I could hit the right point of throttle the car was fantastic in the turns but if I was off it would over or understeer depending on if I was over or under throttling the car. I did find it overloaded the front tires in just about every turn I think the ballast being moved back and reduced springs in the tail would make this a very fast car.

@sinof1337 Tune here
Stock Lap;2:06.404 -_- Lap time;1:47.835 DC; 6.8
Impressions of the tune; This car has entry understeer and exit oversteer, I can see how a slight drifting entry would make this car pretty quick but that is not my style of driving so it consequently hurt the time some. It would roll through the turn transiting. from understeer to oversteer very smoothly but it always happened in any turn other than the back straight chicanes where I could just brake turn and go. I think the ballast location was the biggest issue as the understeer was mostly induced from the front tires overloading at late corner entry as I was letting off the brakes.

@xande1959 Tune here
Stock Lap;1:51.704 Lap time;1:47.022 DC; 7.2
Impressions of the tune; Your transmission setup always throws me, and it always works very well. Gonna have to try it sometime. About the tune. It was well balanced I knew I could lay into it at just about anytime after the apex of a turn and it would hold, but at entry I had issues with the front wheels overloading inducing a fair bit of understeer into the car, which forced me to slow more than I would have liked for most of the turns. It held itself very well in the high speed turns with no issues that I could find. Over all well made turn just needs a couple of minor tweaks to make it really fast. Maybe move the ballast back a bit to take some weight off the front wheels and click softer on the front extension. Good job sir.

Last edited:
Back