FITT-Hot Hatch Tuning Challenge - Final Results are in!

@Bowtie-muscle I'm going to put in a car for the Hot-Hatch; hopefully not biting off more than I can chew :lol:

As a 'beginner' I would have tried the Mito, but I'd already got a couple of likely candidates for the Hot Hatch, and I just don't have the time to do more. It sounds like I may have gone for the same car as @Ridox2JZGTE :dopey:.

Unfortunately I can't commit to testing but if I find I have time I'll have a go.

volvoBrands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg

Hot Hatch Class

Car: Volvo C30 R Design '09
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Wheel / Joypad: PS3 controller
Power: 324 BHP @ 6500 Rpm / 44.8 kgfm @ 5200 Rpm
Weight: 1371 kg
Performance Points: 470 PP
Tires: SH
Weight Distribution: 54:46
Custom Parts: Type B aero, Inch +1 Wheels

Suspension:
Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)

Ride Height: Front: 110 Rear: 90
Spring Rate: Front: 6.08 kg Rear: 9.00 kg
Dampers (Compression):Front: 4 Rear: 5
Dampers (Extension): Front: 5 Rear: 5
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 3 Rear: 7
Camber Angle (-): Front: 0.0° Rear: 0.0°
Toe Angle: Front: - 0.05° Rear: 0.10°
Brakes:Racing Upgrade F: 5 R: 6

Drivetrain:
(Fully Customisable Transmission)

Set final to 2.600
Set max to 112
Set in sequence (6-5-4-3-2-1)
Set final to 2.200

Speed: 112 mph

1:
2: 4.105
3: 3.177
4: 2.575
5: 2.160
6: 1.839

Final:

Differential Gear:
Fully Customisable Mechanical Limited-Slip Diff

Initial Torque:
F= 20
Acceleration Sensitivity: F= 34
Braking Sensitivity: F= 25
Clutch & Flywheel: Twin plate
Propeller Shaft:

Power

Oil Change:
No
Power Limiter: 94.5%
Engine Tuning: Stage 1
Computer: Sports
Exhaust: Semi-Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Standard
Catalytic Converter: Standard
Intake Tuning: Standard
Turbo Kit: Stage: High - RPM
Nitrous Oxide (N2O): No

Body

Body Rigidity Improvement:
No
Downforce: F = 0 R = 0
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Bonnet: Carbon
Windows: Weight Reduction
Ballast: 200kg
Ballast position: 50

@Bowtie-muscle I'm going to put in a car for the Hot-Hatch; hopefully not biting off more than I can chew :lol:

As a 'beginner' I would have tried the Mito, but I'd already got a couple of likely candidates for the Hot Hatch, and I just don't have the time to do more. It sounds like I may have gone for the same car as @Ridox2JZGTE :dopey:.

Unfortunately I can't commit to testing but if I find I have time I'll have a go.

Do you mean same as mine like this :P

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_89.jpg

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_88.jpg

@DolHaus was wondering if you were going to jump in:tup:

@Ridox2JZGTE PINK, REALLY? You do know no wing in Spec right? Wait,...what? That's not a MiTo......

Yeah, I like it pink :P and hot hatch allows rear wing :P

Hot Hatch Series

470pp, Sports Hard Tires
Track: Brands Hatch GP 2.43 miles

NO oil change allowed
NO engine overhaul allowed
Rigidity Improvement allowed
Front Aero allowed
Wing Allowed
NO flat floors allowed

I built the Cupra Pink at 450PP initially, then step up to 470PP :D

I don't get a lot of game time. I could throw one together I suppose, but it doesn't seem like it's doing the FITT challenge justice.
I understand that, that's why I was a maybe with tuning any car for this because my only tuning time was last weekend, and I also had to study for a big test.

Autumn Ring.jpg

Class: Spec

Car: Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport `09
Track: Autumn Ring
Wheel / Joypad: DFGT wheel
Power: 165bhp/5,500 22.1kgfm/5,400
Weight: 1050kg
Performance Points: 399PP
Tires: Comfort Soft
Weight Distribution: 58:42
Custom Parts: Aero kit type C + Others Part B and +1 inch wheels

Suspension: Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension

Ride Height: F 125 R 110
Spring Rate: F 5.00 R 1.43
Dampers (Compression): F 1 R 1
Dampers (Extension): F 7 R 7
Anti-Roll Bars: F 7 R 7
Camber Angle (-): F 0 R 0
Toe Angle: F 0.20 R -.025
Standard Brakes : F 5 R 10

Fully Customisable Diff

Initial Torque: 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Clutch & Flywheel: Standard
Propeller Shaft: N/A

Power

Oil Change: No
Power Limiter: 92.3%
Engine Tuning: Standard
Computer: Standard
Exhaust: Racing
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Turbo Kit: Normal

Body

Body Rigidity Improvement: No
Downforce: F 0 R 0
Bonnet: Carbon
Ballast: 92kg
Ballast position: 50%

Drivetrain: 6 speed fixed transmission

Pretty happy with my last test session for hot hatch :) Got mid 1:39s on 1st lap, then improve some more :P Managed to break into 1:38s with quick 20.1s 1st sector at Brands Hatch GP.

Pretty happy with my last test session for hot hatch :) Got mid 1:39s on 1st lap, then improve some more :P Managed to break into 1:38s with quick 20.1s 1st sector at Brands Hatch GP.
What are you driving? I only just managed to get into the 39's in the Volvo

What are you driving? I only just managed to get into the 39's in the Volvo

The Cupra Pink :D, my best 1st sector was 20.1s, and I think flat 35s 2nd sector and sub 1:15s last sector. I can consistently do low 1:39s.

Aim gearing hit top speed on the down hill straight, I hit 130mph / close to 210kmh

Also 100mph / 160kmh at least on the up hill entry to 2nd corner.

The Cupra Pink :D, my best 1st sector was 20.1s, and I think flat 35s 2nd sector and sub 1:15s last sector. I can consistently do low 1:39s.

Aim gearing hit top speed on the down hill straight, I hit 130mph / close to 210kmh

Also 100mph / 160kmh at least on the up hill entry to 2nd corner.
Good effort, I fear the Volvo was a poor choice because its quite heavy and poorly balanced (60:40 stock). I'll stick by it though, it was all I had in the garage and I like the way it looks. I think I was hitting a higher top speed (around 138 if memory serves) but its a bit of a pig in the bends. Not that surprised the Cupra is fast though, its basically a lighter, faster Golf under the bodywork. Will be interesting to see the times from the testers

Man I missed allot last night and this morning.

I'm almost done with my beta pro spec tune, consistent 1:32.xxx at nur gp-d.
Than of to test hot hatch some more and find my challenge car lol I'm so behind

Good effort, I fear the Volvo was a poor choice because its quite heavy and poorly balanced (60:40 stock). I'll stick by it though, it was all I had in the garage and I like the way it looks. I think I was hitting a higher top speed (around 138 if memory serves) but its a bit of a pig in the bends. Not that surprised the Cupra is fast though, its basically a lighter, faster Golf under the bodywork. Will be interesting to see the times from the testers

The Cupra will probably lap at 1:39 to 1:40s in the testers hand, 1:38s is like the very limit of the car, but maybe alien driver could pull 1:37s :lol:, on my 1:38s lap, I think I did flat 20s 1st sector and maybe flat 35s 2nd sector, it's hard to do it again, and I didn't save the replay :grumpy: I do still have the flat 1:39s replay with 20.3s 1st sector :( I think my car is a bit edgy and needs precise braking at the right moment/spot :lol:

The cupra still has stock weight distribution 58/42 :) Some of my quickest FF cars even have more than 60% weight at the front :) If hot hatch includes Japanese cars, I would have entered my J's Racing FIT RS Turbo or my TODA RACING Civic Type R '08 ( almost 2 seconds faster than the Cupra at Tsukuba on CS tire at 450PP ) :P Wait, Civic is not a hatch :lol:

The Cupra will probably lap at 1:39 to 1:40s in the testers hand, 1:38s is like the very limit of the car, but maybe alien driver could pull 1:37s :lol:, on my 1:38s lap, I think I did flat 20s 1st sector and maybe flat 35s 2nd sector, it's hard to do it again, and I didn't save the replay :grumpy: I do still have the flat 1:39s replay with 20.3s 1st sector :( I think my car is a bit edgy and needs precise braking at the right moment/spot :lol:

The cupra still has stock weight distribution 58/42 :) Some of my quickest FF cars even have more than 60% weight at the front :) If hot hatch includes Japanese cars, I would have entered my J's Racing FIT RS Turbo or my TODA RACING Civic Type R '08 ( almost 2 seconds faster than the Cupra at Tsukuba on CS tire at 450PP ) :P Wait, Civic is not a hatch :lol:
Interesting, as I've mentioned before FFs are not really my area of expertise so I'm interested in learning what ever I can about them, more strings to your bow and all that. I found that the front weight bias was making the car really hard to rotate regardless of what else I tried, just couldn't get the nose to follow the bend without wanting to plough straight on.
I found that dabbing at the brakes rather than trying to get it all done in one go was the fastest way to get the car around some corners. If you were too heavy on the brakes the front tyres would just get overcome and you'd slide off in typical front wheel drive fashion.

- Hot Hatch Tuning
. RENAULT SPORT Clio R.S. '11
Brands_Hatch_Grand_Prix_Circuit_1.jpg

.'ll be some adjustments soon finalizing disposition of testers.
- TUNING & MAINTENANCE

- CUSTON PARTS

. Aero kits ( Type A )

. WQeheels Inch:1 (ENKEI RC-T4 )

. Suspension Kit

. Brake Kits

. LSD (fully customizable Mechanical... )

. triple-plate clutch kit

. TRANSMISSSON (fully cuatomizable Dog-clutch ... )

. Engine Tuning Stage 3

. Sports computer

. racing exhaust

. Isometric eshaut maifold

. catalytic converter:sports

. intake tuning

. Weight Redution stage 3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Performance points .............................. 470 PP

- Max. power ......................................... 294 HP

- Max. torque ......................................... 221 ft-lb

- Weight ................................................. 1,054 Kg

- Poer-to-weight nRatio ........................... 3,58 Kg/HP

- front / Rear Weight Distribution ............. 53 : 47

- Dispalcement ........................................ 1,998 cc

- Drivetrain ............................................ FF

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- SUSPENSION /-/-/-/-/-/-/-//-/-/-/-/ BRAKE DISCS & CALIPERS

. 77 (F) Ride Height (R) 95 /-/-/-/-/-/ 6 (F) / (R) 4

. 4,01 (F) Spring Rate (R) 3,46

. 2 (F) Dampers (comp:(R) 4

. 6 (F) Dampers (ext :)(R) 5

. 1 (F) Anti-roll bars (R) 7

- CAMBER ANGLE (-)

. 0,0 (F) / (R) 0,0

- TOE ANGLE

. 0,00 (F) / (R) +0,12

- TRANSMISSION

. 180 Km/h

. 1ª 3,700

. 2ª 2,743

. 3ª 2,270

. 4ª1,925

. 5ª1,647

. 6ª 1,419

- Final Gear = 2,800

- LSD

. 10 / 00

. 30 / 00

. 19 / 00

- Power limiter = 92,8 %

- Ballast Position = - 50 %

Brands_Hatch_Grand_Prix_Circuit.jpg

. http://www.missil2064.com.br/index.php?pagina=1570383373_04
note : free to fly not to run:cheers:

Last edited:
Interesting information. Tire size makes a bit of a difference in the handling of the car. It allows for more G's in the corners. I was studying two replys in the logger to see if the tire size made a difference and the larger tires where consistently pulling more G's in the corners. The lap time was .325 faster as well. There was only one time the smaller tires pulled more G's in a corner and it was for a much shorter duration. So low and behold PD actually programmed tire flex into the game....

Data loggers don't lie, I matched up the play backs and the G's where a good 1/2 G higher and less spiky they, I also noticed the longitudinal G's shifted faster meaning better weight transfer was happening.
And before anyone asks the only thing I did was tune the LSD to 5/20/5 and bump the PP to 470 for full power testing.

So true if we could only save his best lap /sigh
Maybe it will happen in the future, who knows, if they are planning a B spec option of some kind then it would make sense and be fairly simple to integrate the features.
Here's hoping anyway, I'm not that interested in doing B spec races but getting accurate feedback from a consistent and unbiased source would be a powerful tool indeed.

Interesting, as I've mentioned before FFs are not really my area of expertise so I'm interested in learning what ever I can about them, more strings to your bow and all that. I found that the front weight bias was making the car really hard to rotate regardless of what else I tried, just couldn't get the nose to follow the bend without wanting to plough straight on.
I found that dabbing at the brakes rather than trying to get it all done in one go was the fastest way to get the car around some corners. If you were too heavy on the brakes the front tyres would just get overcome and you'd slide off in typical front wheel drive fashion.

I usually first make a base tune at Tsukuba for FF cars, this track is perfect for finding good spring rate :) The 1st corner then the 1st hairpin and the last hairpin are good spot for finding good setup that allows aggressive braking and maintaining rotation. I usually use real life spring rate as starters, they are almost always great in GT6, most are stiffer up front, but one exception was the TODA Racing Civic Fightex Coilover which has softer front, and it proved to be quick :D

If the FF car is quick and handled great at Tsukuba, it will handle great at Brands Hatch.

I have 2 setups for the Cupra, one with stiffer front springs and another with softer front springs, both are just as quick :)

For braking, front damper needs extra attention, even with very front heavy FF car like my Autodelta 147 GTA with 66% weight up front :eek: it can still be managed and have good rotation. Just make sure the car is not too heavy in the 1st place ( weight reduction helps ).

When I tuned FF cars, I always set ride height at the same level, and same camber at 0.2 front and back as well as zero toe overall. From there I start with spring rate with all damper and ARB at 1 :) I tried my best to give the car good handling and balance, once I hit the limit, then I start to play with toe, then camber and ride height ( never use more than 10mm difference as it makes the car looks funky with more value :lol: )

Almost forgot, before tweaking suspension, I always set the LSD first, once suspension is done, I adjusted the LSD again to smooth things up :D

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg

Class: Hot Hatch

Car: SEAT Ibiza Cupra R `04
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Wheel / Joypad: DFGT wheel
Power: 285bhp/6,400 33.3/ 5,300
Weight: 1075kg
Performance Points: 470PP
Tires: Sports Hard
Weight Distribution: 54:46
Custom Parts: Wheels +1 inch

Suspension: Fully Customisable

Ride Height: F 100 R 80
Spring Rate: F 6.00 R 8.02
Dampers (Compression): F 2 R 1
Dampers (Extension): F 7 R 5
Anti-Roll Bars: F 7 R 7
Camber Angle (-): F 0 R 0
Toe Angle: Front: F 0.25 R -.015
Racing Brakes F 3 R 10

Fully Customisable LSD

Initial Torque: 7
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Clutch & Flywheel: Triple Plate clutch
Propeller Shaft: N/A

Power

Oil Change: No
Power Limiter: 91.1%
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Computer: Standard
Exhaust: Racing
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Turbo Kit: High RPM turbo

Body

Body Rigidity Improvement: No
Downforce: F 0 R 0
Bonnet: Standard
Ballast: 85kg
Ballast position:50%

Drivetrain: (Fully Customisable Transmission)

Reset transmission
Set final to 5.500
Set max speed to 112mph(minimum)
Set ratios
Set final to 4.000

1: 2.397
2: 1.777
3: 1.439
4: 1.210
5: 1.046
6: 0.908

Final: 4.000