FITT M Power Challenge - Mystery Solved - Congratulations to the Winners

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 843 comments
Not sure I agree with that...How dare thy rebel against most glorious transmission automatica. For real though, automatic is rarely slower enough to be appreciable.
From my experience, there are only select cars that benefit greatly from early shifting, so automatic users should, in theory, get close to identical times. :)
I am getting my Mr Slowly excuses in early so when I start testing, people don't get insulted by my slowness :)
It seems like FITT has about 3 groups of skilled drivers; average gamers, dedicated drivers, and precision racers. ;)

Last edited:
There are a few tracks and types of car where being able to shift up early or hold it in gear would be beneficial but for the most part there's very little difference. An actual automatic transmission would be bad for performance due to the extra weight and slow/irregular shifting but in games there aren't really any of these issues to worry about, as long as you can predict what the car is going to do it shouldn't slow you down

From my experience, there are only select cars that benefit greatly from early shifting, so automatic users should, in theory, get close to identical times. :)

It seems like FITT has about 3 groups of skilled drivers, average gamers, dedicated drivers, and precision racers. ;)
There are a few tracks and types of car where being able to shift up early or hold it in gear would be beneficial but for the most part there's very little difference. An actual automatic transmission would be bad for performance due to the extra weight and slow/irregular shifting but in games there aren't really any of these issues to worry about, as long as you can predict what the car is going to do it shouldn't slow you down
Im going to have to start making up other Mr Slowly excuses now.. Thanks guys.. ;)

And I would put myself in the dedicated drivers. Not fast but not turtle pace. Somewhere in between.

MT trans early shifts certainly do matter on the cars that are seriously cut in power and still have huge amounts of torque. I can only think of two right now but for sure an Audi TDI and Toyota LMP car. My 500pp cheater TS030 noticeably slows down as the revs increase unless I shift about half way up.

It got so much easier to drink and drive when I got a wheel recently that I feel compelled to when I'm on the straights. I even keep it on the left side and drink lefty so I can still upshift.

That's four sir ;) i fall someplace between dedicated drivers and skilled drivers. I'm faster then average but not as quick as others.
Ohh found some more time 2:07.xxx now. :D
I had poor wording, added a semi colon. I meant classes of skilled drivers.
WOW! Looking at these lap times against my 2:10.9xx, I think that puts me in the below average skilled gamer class. 🤬
We are close in lap times, and they will keep dropping as you remain a part of testing and tuning cars. ;)

Save your tune till last when you have done loads of laps and you might find that you will surprise yourself.

I did that at the last one in my '04 Civic and was like, whoa this thing is...

... this thing is freaking awesome. :sly:👍

I've done tons of laps on the Nürbs (D/F) in tons of cars and must say, to me it's more about proper lines here than proper tunes. As long as the tune isn't too crazy to drive I would imagine the times pretty comparable among various tunes in the same cars.

:dopey::dunce::mad: My tune will be the one that makes testers go a little something like that. :)
i think will put the testers to sleep have to stable atm :lol:

Mine so far is like a nice, cold, crisp gin and tonic with a lime on a hot summer day, sitting in front of a fan.

Man, that sounds good.
Goldschlager and Nearly frozen My. Dew
(Yes I know I spelled it wrong)

Back