FITT M Power Challenge - Mystery Solved - Congratulations to the Winners

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 843 comments
I think most will be doing more then one race ;) for tuning. found a great setting for every turn except one and it's lap breaker turn too :(

Sounds great. My car will loose :lol: I'm not tuning it to be nice to tires Im tuning it to be fast, and friendly.
A tune can be all those things if done nicely.

As I was testing my tune out at the circuit, I thought I would take a few images of the corners where testers are most likely to have all four wheels off the circuit during testing. As I mentioned in the first few posts, 2 wheels must be on the black top (or at least ON the white line) at all times for a lap to count. Beneath are examples of when a lap is definitely invalidated.

I know a few of the testers have been around the tracks a few times and I am definitely not teaching you all to suck eggs but hopefully these will give you guidance on where the track limits definitely are. :)

As host, I gave myself a upgrade for this event. This will be my allocated ride. See you in the rear view mirrors guys :) Just kidding, would I do that? ;)

Nürburgring GP_F_2.jpg
Nürburgring GP_F_4.jpg
Nürburgring GP_F.jpg
Nürburgring GP_F_3.jpg

These two images (above and below) are questionable, be your own judge and if you feel this was an unfair advantage, discount the lap, if it harmed the lap time, it can count. Up to the testers to decide on this as it is (just) over the white line but still within the kerbs.
Nürburgring GP_F_1.jpg

Last edited:
Suggest running 10 laps with each car to find the single fastest lap. Legitimate times must have at least two wheels within track limits at all times. If four wheels cross the curbs at any time, consider that lap a red lap and discount the lap time. (See post for images of DQ laps)

💡 I believe that go still hold events like this. but with a condition tire wear, normal, fast and very fast the choice would be by vote. I'm sure the testers would do 10 laps not as fast. and 10 fastest laps on the medium. would be the winners. Excuse my English.:odd:

💡 I believe that go still hold events like this. but with a condition tire wear, normal, fast and very fast the choice would be by vote. I'm sure the testers would do 10 laps not as fast. and 10 fastest laps on the medium. would be the winners. Excuse my English.:odd:
At this time only online can do tire wear and some testers can't get online regularly. It's a great idea once PD gives us tire wear in arcade mode

Tune complete, at least I can't really notice a difference anymore changing things. Best to leave it as is. Got a best lap of 2:06.764 - but that was a one off - more consistently running low 7's high 6's.
Almost wish I could say that. But this car is proving stubborn. I think they hand picked this one for me -_-

Sorry for the confusion, the talk about using tire wear is because I am thinking of doing a test not connected to the event. If you want more information on what my plan is, feel free to PM me. :)

Well If I test I can try keep the cars on the track, it's just an extra hassle to check the laps for validity and you can't load the 2nd fastest laps into data logger, also I could very easily save the fastest lap from a session like I usually do and exit. If I find the lap is invalid, I wont have a record of the next fastest valid lap.

Well If I test I can try keep the cars on the track, it's just an extra hassle to check the laps for validity and you can't load the 2nd fastest laps into data logger, also I could very easily save the fastest lap from a session like I usually do and exit. If I find the lap is invalid, I wont have a record of the next fastest valid lap.
Go with your first instinct as you are testing a car. I don't expect testers to review each session for any invalidated laps, that would be too time consuming. Judge these incidents as they happen. :)

Edit: I don't have you down as tester. Have you changed you mind about testing or are you just asking for when you are seeing what lap times you are able to set?

Isn't it past your bed time mister? :P
Yes it was. :lol:

Go with your first instinct as you are testing a car. I don't expect testers to review each session for any invalidated laps
When on a track like GP F I go to third person view, park the 3/4 off the track, go back to bumper cam and check view using the on screen HUD for markers, taking mental notes for locations so I can make a quick call while driving the lap if I went off or not. I also drive an extra lap following the ghost to see if it went off, if it did I watch the replay going to the next fastest lap.

I will see how I am for time for testing closer to when testing commences.
Here is too hoping sir 👍 You are a fast fair and honest tester 👍

As we have had a new tuner, it has come to our attention that some of the bright sparks among you may be able to figure out what tuner number has been allocated. In this light, we have decided that tuner numbers will be allocated to each of you again in a randomised order. This will be done on Monday next week. We have set a deadline for any more late entrants for this Sunday.

We will PM you all with the new tuner numbers early next week.

Last edited:
As we have had a new tuner, it has come to our attention that some of the bright sparks among you may be able to figure out what tuner number has been allocated. In this light, we have decided that tuner numbers will be allocated to each of you again in a randomised order. This will be done on Monday next week. We have set a deadline for any more late entrants for this Sunday.

We will PM you all with the new tuner numbers early next week.
You mean no freebies on which tuner is which? ahh man **kicks the dirt* :lol:

Back