FITT Miata Tuning Challenge

@praiano63 @Motor City Hami Ohh boy this is gonna be a fun shootout, almost consider it a battle for 3rd :) you two are fantastic tuners can't wait to see how we hold up against two of the best in identical cars. (or nearly)

Ya know I forgot about the "jump" on Rotenboden on the back strait hit at 220 km/h and you're air born...giving me all kinds of fits during testing.

Ya know I forgot about the "jump" on Rotenboden on the back strait hit at 220 km/h and you're air born...giving me all kinds of fits during testing.
Coming back from a week of being ridiculously sick and of course that's the first place I went. The four letter words were flying as well as the car that night... :mad::banghead:

Rotenbaden is going to be the death of my controller :crazy: I'm at 150 laps just configuration testing for power aero and chassis i have trouble getting clean laps. 🤬🤬🤬:banghead:

Hey Guys,

i want to ask if i can attend as Tuner in the Newbie-Section.
I already tuned a bunch of MX-5/Miata's close to the Specs from the UK and NL MX-5 Racing Series.
As they are close to your US Specs, i would like to change mine a little bit to fit the rules.

Sadly in the UK Series they run on Toyo R1R, so i gave them Sport Hard Tires.

These are my 2 Babies, ready to fit SCCA Spec Miata and SCCA Improved Touring Class...

image.jpg

I tuned my Cars for years und want to be a part of Your Tuner Club und make GT6 even more interesting and stunning as it already is

Greets from Germany,
Chipmonk77

Last edited:
Because I am bored as hell and I should have cleaned up the GT5 archives long ago, here's a listing of all those ineligible for the Spec Miata class. This list is based off a top 3 finish in lap time consideration only (in events where there were separate categories).

the_dr_slump
Basilea
praiano63
zero_speed
Dylans1o
CSLACR
ACSR421
Rotary Junkie
Johnnypenso
Shmogt
krenkme
VTiRoj
Theo777
Motor City Hami
Onboy123
Hermanvongerman
CyKosis1973
ugabugaz
GeeBaby
Adrenaline
GranTourist
Trackripper123
newdriver2
ose_cap_shadow
xdesperado67
esoxhntr
robrabbitman
lionheart2113

And for our lone GT event we can add two more:

Otaliema
iainoflo85

Last edited:
@Motor City Hami you got me set up right.
@DigitalBaka More coffee or a beer :cheers: or is the cold hanging on and leaving your head in a fog still :mischievous:

Pfft Rotenboden is a tuff track to drive and tune. Can't seem to make headway on time I'm not faster tuned than I was with stock settings just more consistent:dunce:.

No probs, that was my first and only FITT shootout so far, and it was a lot of fun....that's why I remember it. Looking forward to many more, pending work and FITT invitations of course.

@Motor City Hami you got me set up right.
@DigitalBaka More coffee or a beer :cheers: or is the cold hanging on and leaving your head in a fog still :mischievous:

Pfft Rotenboden is a tuff track to drive and tune. Can't seem to make headway on time I'm not faster tuned than I was with stock settings just more consistent:dunce:.
Hey Otaliema just use Rottenbottom:lol: to fine tune your settings. I'm using my normal tuning tracks to do the majority of testing. This is how I'm approaching it anyway.:sly: I like the track choice Hami by the way it has proven quite challenging:cheers:

Hey Otaliema just use Rottenbottom:lol: to fine tune your settings. I'm using my normal tuning tracks to do the majority of testing. This is how I'm approaching it anyway.:sly: I like the track choice Hami by the way it has proven quite challenging:cheers:

Been thinking about that move, course tune it someplace else and just do the little things on the actual test track.

Rotenboden seems to disregard power to torque ratios, very odd.

Wow! I just drove the Miata Touring Car for the first time in GT6. The car is fantastic with just a LSD adjustment. At this point, I am wondering if a stock tune can be among the quickest. This is going to be one tight class. This car is going to get a ton of use by me over the coming months.

Just a quick tuning question. And here I am asking in the middle of a tuning challenge :lol:...is anyone else experiencing problems when adjusting camber? Seems like if any camber is touched, it really messes with the ability to turn in and get down to the apex. Wondering if it's just me or if I should use my GT5 camber notes as kindling and start again???

Just a quick tuning question. And here I am asking in the middle of a tuning challenge :lol:...is anyone else experiencing problems when adjusting camber? Seems like if any camber is touched, it really messes with the ability to turn in and get down to the apex. Wondering if it's just me or if I should use my GT5 camber notes as kindling and start again???
*GASP* Can of worms opened?! :eek: Nah, where have you been for the last…month? :lol: There's been a lot of talk about it, and TL;DR, 0 gives most grip.

Zero camber gives max possible grip, it's GT6 current bug. I used a little camber ( from 0.1 to 0.5 ) to give certain feel to my tune or alter grip balance according to each car characteristics and tune goals ( replica, drift or grip ), it made the car a bit slower, but I don't mind :)

Lol, yes I have been in and out of a cave for a few months! Sorry to have asked what now appears to be a ridiculous question, but glad to hear that only 90% of the problem is me. Thanks guys.:cheers::bowdown:

Wow! I just drove the Miata Touring Car for the first time in GT6. The car is fantastic with just a LSD adjustment. At this point, I am wondering if a stock tune can be among the quickest. This is going to be one tight class. This car is going to get a ton of use by me over the coming months.
You didn't drive it in a licence or something?

You didn't drive it in a licence or something?

I guess I am not that far along in the game.

I did get the car to rotate a bit better. The car felt great in near stock form. Now I can drive Silverstone using far less braking. Some of the switchback combos can be taken super fast by simply lifting off the throttle. I am to a point where the car would be great for a 30 lap race, but is it fast enough for a time attack. Considering just how aggressive to go. I have not once lost the rear end of the car. Maybe I need to just focus on finding the limit next, then tame it back down a little.

I will be tuning the following two cars;

Spec-miata class = MX-5 J-Limited II (NA, J) '93 (Hemi°-Orange body/Hemi°-Orange rims)

Improved Touring class = MX-5 Miata 1600 NR-A (NB, J) '04 (Nero Nemesis body/Nero Nemesis rims)

I'm only stating this so noone else does the exact same thing. Not that anyone would have thought to paint them in Dodge and Lamborghini colors besides me, lol, but just in case)

Spec-miata class = MX-5 J-Limited II (NA, J) '93 (Hemi°-Orange body/Hemi°-Orange rims)

Improved Touring class = MX-5 Miata 1600 NR-A (NB, J) '04 (Nero Nemesis body/Nero Nemesis rims)

I'm only stating this so noone else does the exact same thing. Not that anyone would have thought to paint them in Dodge and Lamborghini colors besides me, lol, but just in case)

Cannot wait to see the pictures.

I painted one of mine in my favourite colour in GT6. Newdriver and the outlaw/clueless boys should know very well what it is. :lol: Anyway…uh…anyone set any times yet?

@Onboy123 I'm pushing 2.09 in the tc on silverstone and I know I'm generally about 3 seconds off pace from the faster guys, and on Rotenboden I'm 1.45 or so.

Another orange fan!!!👍

I'm going to have to find another orange....we can't show up to the prom wearing the same dress!

Last edited:
Are there any rules or guidelines for the photo-mode competition?
Or is it simply, make anything you can within the options of the game?

I assume we will at least be doing 'only gt6 photo option pictures' and not allowing any third party programs such as Photoshop ect?

@demonchilde that would proly be a good rule to have as not everyone has photo programs to manipulate the pictures with.
Or w could do two categories, original game shots and touched up to let people that want to have fun on photo shop or programs of the like showits some very nice pictures that can't be taken with the in game camera.

Another orange fan!!!👍

I'm going to have to find another orange....we can't show up to the prom wearing the same dress!
Might I suggest some, lol. These are oranges I use a lot, you might like;

Monaco Orange, Chevy (69 vette)
Vitamin C, Plymouth (70 Superbird)
Arancio, Lamberghini (74 Countach)

Notice how I tend to like the older colors?
Even the Hemi Orange is antique Dodge, lol.

Oh, quick edit;
For a mere 51k, you can also pick up "Chrome Orange" from Lotus, (Elise '11), it's a kickin' color, but it is NOT an actual 'chrome' category too-shiny color. Very sweet orange.

Last edited:
I painted one of mine in my favourite colour in GT6. Newdriver and the outlaw/clueless boys should know very well what it is.:lol: Anyway…uh…anyone set any times yet?
Don't say its Pink Color ?! :sly:
My lap time on ApricotHill by my 200hp 1:35.860 . I don't know is it fast time or not .

Latest Posts

Back