FITT RUF Challenge

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 1,256 comments
Well test man test. You got the time. I know I speak for pretty much every tuner when I say, feed back from alien and near alien drivers is invaluable.

I learned that driving cars you struggle with isn't fun. Then, being a negative person (towards those cars) isn't exactly what people want to hear. Some can take it, some cannot.

What's interesting to me is that I'm at 1:31 in my car. Or 32s all day.

As @Otaliema said, Test!! Your one of the fastest drivers that is consistently invovled on most of these threads. I'd love to hear your feedback on any of my own tunes, not to mention seeing how your times compare in the same cars we're all testing. No pressure, just sayin'! :cheers:

Edit: I was typing while you posted next... :lol: Unfortunately you're right about people not being able to take some critiques... Maybe one day you'll change your mind! 👍

Sorry for the double post but I think my reviews deserve their own post.

All testing was done over 10 laps at Cape ring north with grip set to real, no aides except ABS 1 on a DFGT wheel. :cheers:

@lBt_33
Best Lap Time - 1:34.870
DC - 8.5
Tune Comments - This tune had me going through mood swings. The understeer was horrible in mid corner, had great entry, but would understeer on exit unless I used the throttle, sparingly, to steer it out. If I was too heavy footed the back end would come around immediately. The brakes were good once I learned to be light footed to avoid lock up. If they locked up the understeer was uncontrollable. I had quite a few red laps due to this tune's unpredictability... Overall a good effort!

@xande1959
Best Lap Time - 1:35.024
DC - 8.0
Tune Comments - Consistently inconsistent is the only way I can describe this tune... The understeer while braking had me sliding into walls all over the track. The brakes were great as long as I was going in a straight line, otherwise I had to be very careful so I wouldn't lose my line. 2nd - 5th gears were good, I never used 1st. When shifting into 6th going up the hill after the round 'a' bout, it would bog down. If the understeer was less this car would've been quick! Good effort sir!

@coryclifford
Best Lap Time - 1:33.883
DC - 9.6
Tune Comments - Wow! Less is more with this tune. Still had some understeer mid corner and a little on exit, but that was solved with a little throttle control. The brakes felt a little weak but I think that's because I was carrying so much more speed through the corners, I just had to brake a touch earlier. The tranny could've used some tuning, but having seen and used some of your other tunes, I assume that's just not your thing... Great Job!! This is probably a podium tune!

@randyrockstiff
Best Lap Time - 1:34.993
DC - 8.5
Tune Comments - This tune was like a girl with her hair up in a ponytail. She needs to let her hair down and loosen up! It just felt too stiff and uptight. The front end was too planted causing understeer all the way through corners. If I got on the throttle too soon or heavy to try and combat the understeer, I would be punished by the inside rear tire instantly turning red causing me to spin or slide. The trans was set up like a 4 speed, as I never used 1st or 6th. I felt second was too long causing the rear end to break lose at high RPM. Not sure if this was gearing or LSD issue. The brakes felt great and really helped me reel this tune in and break the 1:35 mark. Really good effort, just some gearing and LSD issues. Otherwise it would've been a 1:33 tune!

@Brewguy44
Best Lap Time - 1:33.727
DC - 9.8
Tune Comments - Great tune! This car was planted! It had some understeer on corner exit that caused me to run wide a few times, but was easily worked around once I figured it out. The brakes were ok, maybe could've been a touch stronger, but it could just be the same issue I had with Cory's tune, corner speed! This tranny was a 5 speed, as I never touched sixth, but I don't think it hurt any. This would've been a perfect 10 if it wasn't for the understeer. Great Job! Another podium finisher for sure!

@Otaliema
Best Lap Time - 1:33.915
DC - 9.9
Tune Comments - I loved this tune! I felt like I could drive it forever trying to best my previous laps. It did have a bit of understeer on entry that carried to mid corner, but the exit was spot on! I could've used a bit longer gears in 3rd and 4th, but that's just because I hate shifting the DFGT while the wheel is turned because of where the "paddle" buttons are. The brakes were perfect! Excellent Job!!

@joaosoarescso
Best Lap Time - 1:33.665
DC - 10
Tune Comments - BRAVO!!! This tune was perfect, hence the 10! I was really surprised by this one. Not really any understeer, a touch of oversteer in just the right spots. The only "bad" thing I have to say is don't hit the curbs! Then again the point is to stay on the blacktop! Absolutely amazing job taming this car!!

@Ale67
Best Lap Time - 1:33.312
DC - 9.9
Tune Comments - Another amazing tune! Great job! The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is the outside rear tire would glow on exit if I was to hard on the throttle. And once the back end started to go I could not catch it for the life of me! That kept it from being as consistent as I would've liked... Otherwise wonderfully done!!!

Edit: Just fixed some typo's (smart phones really suck for this kind of stuff)
Awesome job. Thanks for testing and you obviously found a few tunes that really suit your style.
I have made the scoring sheet for RUF challenge I have updated the Sport group only at this time. *Note I retained a previous challenge data to make transfers easier to spot errors.*
@lBt_33 @xande1959 @coryclifford @randyrockstiff @Brewguy44 @Otaliema @joaosoarescso
@Ale67
Current rankings with all submitted times
Cape Ring N Lap Time
1 @Brewguy44 1:33.684 +00.000
2 @coryclifford 1:33.875 +00.191
3 @joaosoarescso 1:33.946 +00.262
4 @Ale67 1:33.982 +00.298
5 @Otaliema 1:34.390 +00.707

Cape Ring N DC Score
1 @Brewguy44 9.60
2 @coryclifford 9.53
3 @Otaliema 9.18
4 @joaosoarescso 9.10
5 @lBt_33 8.93

RUF Sport Class Cape Ring N
1:32.635; @Ale67's tune Driven By Lionheart2113

Most Consistent shaunm80 1.493
Fastest Average Lionheart2113 93.403
Close scores ideed and look at the lap times.. 4 tunes within 0.300 (s). I am not placing a bet on that one!
What's interesting to me is that I'm at 1:31 in my car. Or 32s all day.
I echo what @Otaliema said, if you want to test and see what you can do wit the tunes, I encourage you to do so. Otaliema or myself with help soften any reviews if you think they might be negative. Personally, I would love to see what you can do with these cars, but no pressure to test. :)

Testing/Review Sheet updated again for testers :)

All testing was done over 10 laps at Cape ring north with grip set to real, no aides except ABS 1 on a DFGT wheel. :cheers:

@lBt_33
DC - 8.5
Tune Comments - This tune had me going through mood swings. The understeer was horrible in mid corner, had great entry, but would understeer on exit unless I used the throttle, sparingly, to steer it out. If I was too heavy footed the back end would come around immediately. The brakes were good once I learned to be light footed to avoid lock up. If they locked up the understeer was uncontrollable. I had quite a few red laps due to this tune's unpredictability... Overall a good effort!

@xande1959
DC - 8.0
Tune Comments - Consistently inconsistent is the only way I can describe this tune... The understeer while braking had me sliding into walls all over the track. The brakes were great as long as I was going in a straight line, otherwise I had to be very careful so I wouldn't lose my line. 2nd - 5th gears were good, I never used 1st. When shifting into 6th going up the hill after the round 'a' bout, it would bog down. If the understeer was less this car would've been quick! Good effort sir!

@coryclifford
DC - 9.6
Tune Comments - Wow! Less is more with this tune. Still had some understeer mid corner and a little on exit, but that was solved with a little throttle control. The brakes felt a little weak but I think that's because I was carrying so much more speed through the corners, I just had to brake a touch earlier. The tranny could've used some tuning, but having seen and used some of your other tunes, I assume that's just not your thing... Great Job!! This is probably a podium tune!

@randyrockstiff
DC - 8.5
Tune Comments - This tune was like a girl with her hair up in a ponytail. She needs to let her hair down and loosen up! It just felt too stiff and uptight. The front end was too planted causing understeer all the way through corners. If I got on the throttle too soon or heavy to try and combat the understeer, I would be punished by the inside rear tire instantly turning red causing me to spin or slide. The trans was set up like a 4 speed, as I never used 1st or 6th. I felt second was too long causing the rear end to break lose at high RPM. Not sure if this was gearing or LSD issue. The brakes felt great and really helped me reel this tune in and break the 1:35 mark. Really good effort, just some gearing and LSD issues. Otherwise it would've been a 1:33 tune!

@Brewguy44
DC - 9.8
Tune Comments - Great tune! This car was planted! It had some understeer on corner exit that caused me to run wide a few times, but was easily worked around once I figured it out. The brakes were ok, maybe could've been a touch stronger, but it could just be the same issue I had with Cory's tune, corner speed! This tranny was a 5 speed, as I never touched sixth, but I don't think it hurt any. This would've been a perfect 10 if it wasn't for the understeer. Great Job! Another podium finisher for sure!

@Otaliema
DC - 9.9
Tune Comments - I loved this tune! I felt like I could drive it forever trying to best my previous laps. It did have a bit of understeer on entry that carried to mid corner, but the exit was spot on! I could've used a bit longer gears in 3rd and 4th, but that's just because I hate shifting the DFGT while the wheel is turned because of where the "paddle" buttons are. The brakes were perfect! Excellent Job!!

@joaosoarescso
DC - 10
Tune Comments - BRAVO!!! This tune was perfect, hence the 10! I was really surprised by this one. Not really any understeer, a touch of oversteer in just the right spots. The only "bad" thing I have to say is don't hit the curbs! Then again the point is to stay on the blacktop! Absolutely amazing job taming this car!!

@Ale67
DC - 9.9
Tune Comments - Another amazing tune! Great job! The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is the outside rear tire would glow on exit if I was to hard on the throttle. And once the back end started to go I could not catch it for the life of me! That kept it from being as consistent as I would've liked... Otherwise wonderfully done!!!

Thank you very much on the review.
Im being spoiled right now with that 10

Well here it is, my first ever oficial testing, dont expect to be very detailed and it will be all over the place so i might be talking about suspensions and go to talk about something else and then come back to suspensions.

Hope this helps...

RUF Sports Class Testing

@lBt_33
Best Lap Time - 1:34.230
DC - 9.0
Tune Comments - The car feels loose but controlable, which is hard to achieve and the rear end likes to kick in if you push her to hard. the transmmisson feels good, but it haves alot of wheelspin on exit corner, but keep your foot/thumb steady and it will do fine.

@xande1959
Best Lap Time - 1:34.050
DC - 8.5
Tune Comments -
the car feels very planted, it have a good turn in ability and the rear end kicks if you push it to much, which is easily controlable by steering output, my only concern is the brakes they dont feel quite good, its loose under braking and understeers on slow corners

@coryclifford
Best Lap Time - 1:33.768
DC - 9.5
Tune Comments -
The LSD is almost perfect, good traction coming out of corners with minimal wheel spin, you really have to push it to let the rear slide. The front end feels quite heavy, especially on slower corners, the transmission is good, just a few problems with 4th and 5th on certain areas.

@randyrockstiff
Best Lap Time - 1:34.977
DC - 7.5
Tune Comments - The car feels like its an FR-ish, push it to hard and it understeers and then oversteer, the LSD feels weird to me, maybe its my driving style... maybe, the transmisson is ok, and the car is easily unbalanced by the side markers.

@Brewguy44
Best Lap Time - 1:33.245
DC - 9.7
Tune Comments - This is why i asked you your best lap time, i had to double check if the grip was set to real and it was and double check the tires... I think you did some midnight work on the track and lay down trails on the track because this Porsche can turn, just point and go, i wish it was a little bit more loose, one thing that i found out that i didn't like was braking, trailbrakes a little bit and i have to ease up and go wide, and on slow corners the wheels spins to much and i wish the 2nd gear was a little shorter... other than that very well!!

@Otaliema
Best Lap Time - 1:33.973
DC - 9.0
Tune Comments - The car have good balance, the transmission is perfect and i wouldn't expect less from the transmisson master. The car gives me great confidence, making me going to the edge but once over that edge its tail goes wide, other than that very good!

@Ale67
Best Lap Time - 1:33.560
DC -8.0
Tune Comments - This car rear end.. oh boy it sure like to go, keep it within the limits and the combination between transmission and LSD is perfect, but if i could keep that rear in place with only a little bit of oversteer i think i would reach the 1:32...

EDIT

My review
@joaosoarescso
Best Lap Time - 1:33.265
DC - 8.5
Tune Comments - I dont know where to start.. i can tell you what i had in mind when tuning this car. I had in mind stability on corner, i tried to keep both ends on track the much i could and like @shaunm80 said it turned out precise and predictable like a Boxster should. The transmission needs some tweaks but i still dont know how to tweak that yet so this sould do. If someone is interrest in after this FITT is finished in fine tuning this 3400S to be epic

@joaosoarescso
you did a very good time. I'm really happy!!!!

FITT RUF Challenge

Sports Class
Testing Date:
(Jan. 23 - Feb. 6)
Car(s):
3400S (1:33.2xx post transmission & LSD adjustments)
Regulations: (525pp/SM/95%^)
Track: Cape Ring North (2.39) 24° @ 14:30

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5
Grip set to Real
DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

Since we do have a few new tuners/testers...
**I’m not a negative person, so if there is any criticism of a tune; it’s not meant to be an insult or a personal attack against that tuner, and if my time is slower than what you have, then that’s fair enough. These are non bias opinions based on how I drive and should be taken with a grain of salt! I respect and appreciate the time the tuners have put into their tunes and I will try everything I can to get the most out of the tune itself.**
-All tunes were ran for 2 sets of 6 consecutive laps. The fastest non-red lap time was recorded.
-With this particular track, a fast time doesn't necessarily mean a high DC score or vice versa.

@lBt_33
Lap Time - 1:33.591
DC Score - 8.5
Review:
The front was very responsive on initial turn in, but that came with a price. I struggled finding rear grip on low speed throttle, high speed exits, and braking. This edgy loose condition gave me lack of confidence in what to expect from the car led to very inconsistent lap times on this particular tight track.

@xande1959
Lap Time - 1:33.696
DC Score - 9.0
Review:
I liked this car. The transmission was unique and the rear could get away from you if provoked, but it worked to my driving style. So many sections of the track I could give it full throttle and full dpad knowing it would stick. The only thing I would ask for is more forgiveness on the rumble strips. Like Otaliemas, it would keep up with the leaders until the last section as the bumps upset the car just enough. This car is deserving of the "xande blue" paint job!👍

@coryclifford
Lap Time - 1:32.849
DC Score - 9.3
Review:
A fun car to drive! A little on the snug side for a few parts of the track, but manageable. Consistent car to drive lap after lap. Another great tune Cory, good job!:cheers:

@randyrockstiff
Lap Time - 1:34.520
DC Score - 8.0
Review:
Large amounts of understeer due to the inside rear losing grip leads to sliding oversteer on exit. Coming into the last turn; 3 out of 4 tires were losing grip, but in a strange order. Slower lap times are due to this, weight, and the ability to cut some curbs. The car didn't appreciate being fed rumble strips, but I will say that it had the best landing on the hill. Always landed on all 4's with no bounce even on full throttle.

@Brewguy44
Lap Time - 1:32.836
DC Score - 9.5
Review:
Amazing tune! Only thing was getting kicked down to 1st gear a few times, but as long as you pointed it straight, you could easily get out of the corner with little wheel spin. I see this tune getting a lot of love as it is so easy to drive....Great job!:bowdown:

@Otaliema
Lap Time - 1:33.716
DC Score - 8.8
Review:
The transmission was quick and responsive. The tune was good when on the "proper" drive line, but if you wondered off, it was difficult to recover. The understeer used to tame this savage chihuahua did hurt through the last section...I was always close to the fastest ghost until the last set of turns.

@joaosoarescso
Lap Time - 1:33.384
DC Score - 8.7
Review:
The front end slid on corner entry causing me to diamond the corners and the suspension loved to get unloaded on the crests. It's not a bad tune, it just felt as if I was skating around on top of the track instead of stuck to it. Good effort and welcome.:cheers:

@Ale67
Lap Time - 1:32.635
DC Score - 8.6
Review:
Holy 🤬 what a beast! The rear end loves to slide, especially if you get a single rear wheel on the rumble strip. And for some reason, even with the strong brakes, it still didn't want to slow down for corners. Most of which is solved by earlier braking points. This is what I call a "raw" tune. It's brilliant for Time Trials because there is the chance of putting out a quick lap, but it is one that I would fear in race conditions.:nervous:

@Lionheart2113 Very Very Thank you. I'm very happy. thanks for the great review!!!!

@lBt_33
DC - 8.5

@xande1959
DC - 8.0

@coryclifford
DC - 9.6

@randyrockstiff
DC - 8.5

@Brewguy44
DC - 9.8

@Otaliema
DC - 9.9

@joaosoarescso
DC - 10

@Ale67
DC - 9.9

@TheInfamousJEW6, very very happy. Great best time.

The quality of tuning in here just amazes me! @Ale67 and @joaosoarescso your tunes flat out surprised me and all I wanted to do was run 10 more laps to see how low I could get my lap times!

I'm going to have to start working on the old school class next since there are so many entries, (and more still coming in) it'll take some time to get through them all.

Happy Monday to all! :cheers:

The quality of tuning in here just amazes me! @Ale67 and @joaosoarescso your tunes flat out surprised me and all I wanted to do was run 10 more laps to see how low I could get my lap times!

I'm going to have to start working on the old school class next since there are so many entries, (and more still coming in) it'll take some time to get through them all.

Happy Monday to all! :cheers:
25mins per car. 10-11 entries. Should take you about 4-5 hours to do them all. Break it up into segments though, these screaming banshees might drive you nuts if you do it in one go :)

@xande1959
DC - 8.0

@xande1959
Best Lap Time - 1:34.050
DC - 8.5
Tune Comments -
the car feels very planted, it have a good turn in ability and the rear end kicks if you push it to much, which is easily controlable by steering output, my only concern is the brakes they dont feel quite good, its loose under braking and understeers on slow corners

@xande1959
Best Lap Time – 1.35.513
DC – 9.1
Tune Comments – Good rotation, predictable and easy to drive. I would have preferred a slightly looser rear for this track but as long as you stay on (or around) the racing line, the planted rear isn’t a problem at all. A good tune but I needed to adapt my driving style quite a lot to get the most out of it.

@Lionheart2113@xande1959
DC Score - 9.0
Review:
I liked this car. The transmission was unique and the rear could get away from you if provoked, but it worked to my driving style. So many sections of the track I could give it full throttle and full dpad knowing it would stick. The only thing I would ask for is more forgiveness on the rumble strips. Like Otaliemas, it would keep up with the leaders until the last section as the bumps upset the car just enough. This car is deserving of the "xande blue" paint job!

thank you friends testers. their comments were direct in my setup. if he had put a 120 kg could balance the distribution of weight. (52:48 or 51:49) surely this car would improve a lot.:cheers:

Last edited:
@Lionheart2113@xande1959
DC Score - 9.0
Review:
I liked this car. The transmission was unique and the rear could get away from you if provoked, but it worked to my driving style. So many sections of the track I could give it full throttle and full dpad knowing it would stick. The only thing I would ask for is more forgiveness on the rumble strips. Like Otaliemas, it would keep up with the leaders until the last section as the bumps upset the car just enough. This car is deserving of the "xande blue" paint job!

thank you friends testers. their comments were direct in my setup. if he had put a 120 kg could balance the distribution of weight. (52:48 or 51:49) surely this car would improve a lot.:cheers:

Provavelmente, i seen great tunes from you before and they are really good.

Alright, here's my Old School entry.

'86 BTR with 1200+ km on the odometer just for this. I hope you like it. And I hope you come out alive.

Added body rigidity
No oil change
PDI P525N wheels
Sportin Soft tires

Suspension
100/110
7.30/6.86
4/3
3/3
6/3
0/0
0/0
Racing brakes 6/4

Drivetrain
6/6/23
Triple plate clutch

Power
Sport computer
Racing exhaust
Isometric exhaust manifold
High rpm range turbo kit
Power limiter at 97.5%

Body
Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon hood

Transmission
Reset to default
Max Speed 180 mph (290 km/h)
Final Gear 3.950

550 PP
520 HP
1,045 kg
42/58
461 ft-lbs
2.00 kg/HP
Of pure hell

Good luck.

'86 BTR with 1200+ km on the odometer just for this. I hope you like it. And I hope you come out alive.

Added body rigidity
No oil change
PDI P525N wheels
Sportin Soft tires

Suspension
100/110
7.30/6.86
4/3
3/3
6/3
0/0
0/0
Racing brakes 6/4

Drivetrain
6/6/23
Triple plate clutch

Power
Sport computer
Racing exhaust
High rpm range turbo kit
Power limiter at 97.5%

Body
Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon hood

Transmission
Reset to default
Final Gear 3.950

550 PP
520 HP
1,045 kg
42/58
461 ft-lbs
2.00 kg/HP
Of pure hell

Good luck.
I will build it later to check it out but looks okay so far. As long as it builds okay, it is good to go for testers.

Added body rigidity
No oil change
PDI P525N wheels
Sportin Soft tires

Suspension
100/110
7.30/6.86
4/3
3/3
6/3
0/0
0/0
Racing brakes 6/4

Drivetrain
6/6/23
Triple plate clutch

Power
Sport computer
Racing exhaust
High rpm range turbo kit
Power limiter at 97.5%

Body
Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon hood

Transmission
Reset to default
Final Gear 3.950

550 PP
520 HP
1,045 kg
42/58
461 ft-lbs
2.00 kg/HP
Of pure hell

Good luck.
Build is fine. No issues :)

Here's my effort tuned for the RUF FITT Challenge on a wheel.

RUF BTR '86 (550pp)

RH 102 / 113
SR 7.82 / 9.86
DC 7 / 8
DX 7 / 5
ARB 3 / 4
CT 0/0/0/0
Race brakes 7 / 5

Transmission: after power tuning, reset, final 4000, min speed, then
First 3.776
Second 2.721
Third 2.068
Fourth 1.641
Fifth 1.359
Sixth 1.174
Final Gear 2.606

LSD 12 / 8 / 57 triple clutch

Power, no oil change, 100%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Stock Turbo

Body stage 3 reduction, carbon bonnet, 115kg ballast @ -50% = 1160kg with 47:53 balance. Improved Body Rigidity. Sports Soft tyres.

Hot lapping doesn’t require the use 2nd gear. Obviously accels require a bit of caution to keep traction.

Tuned on Trial Mountain reverse TC 0, ABS 1, best time 1:29.156

Last edited:
Back