FITT RUF Challenge

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 1,256 comments
Here's my effort tuned for the RUF FITT Challenge on a wheel.

RUF BTR '86 (550pp)

RH 102 / 113
SR 7.82 / 9.86
DC 7 / 8
DX 7 / 5
ARB 3 / 4
CT 0/0/0/0
Race brakes 7 / 5

Transmission: after power tuning, reset, final 4000, min speed, then
First 3.776
Second 2.721
Third 2.068
Fourth 1.641
Fifth 1.359
Sixth 1.174
Final Gear 2.606

LSD 12 / 8 / 57 triple clutch

Power, no oil change, 100%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Stock Turbo

Body stage 3 reduction, carbon bonnet, 115kg ballast @ -50% = 1160kg with 47:53 balance. Improved Body Rigidity. Stock Tyres.

Hot lapping doesn’t require the use 2nd gear. Obviously accels require a bit of caution to keep traction.

Tuned on Trial Mountain reverse TC 0, ABS 1, best time 1:29.156
Build is fine, When you say "Stock tyres", I guess you mean Sports Soft Tyres as stated in the FITT event. :) If so, can you put Sports Soft Tyres on the tuning sheet to limit confusion for the testers. :)

Thanks to all the tuners who have submitted their tunes so far for Old School Class. We are just waiting on one last tune to be submitted. All the tunes that have been submitted so far are present and correct. For the solitary tuner left to submit, you have until Midnight tomorrow night (or AM on wednesday by the time I get up) to submit your tune.

As I have mentioned before, testing officially begins on Wednesday but seen as we have nearly a whole collection in now, it would be daft not to let you all loose on them, if you haven't already that is. Good luck out there!

Hello All...

This is my first FITT Challenge and I hope I can add something of value to all of the tuners. I guess I am an "average" driver and I hope to use this RUF Challenge to help me become a better driver and understand what I like...what my driving style is. I use a wheel mounted to a Playseat in a dedicated room (800 cubic feet) with a 61" Rear projection TV (2006) and a 5.1 home theater setup and of course, plenty of Bass! :)

RUF Sports Class Testing

@lBt_33
Best Lap Time - 1:34.360
DC - 9.0
Tune Comments - I had a hard time being consistent with this tune. Once I felt somewhat comfortable with the car, I put up a decent time and then that was it. I couldn't find a rhythm...the car was fighting me on every lap and it would change lap to lap. I really like this car but I am so slow driving it. This is on me as I know I should be faster but I guess this just doesn't fit my style. It had some awkward shift points and I would like to change that but I am not smart enough to know what else to change to help me be a better driver for this car.

@xande1959
Best Lap Time - 1:34.955
DC - 9.0
Tune Comments - The transmission took some getting use to with some awkward shift points. Again, I had a hard time developing a rhythm and as soon as I tried to drive a bit more aggressive, the red laps kept coming. This was a fun car to drive but I was stuck on this time and at a loss on how to improve. This car was so stable after the jump and into the right hand turn...this is the only car that felt fast in the last section after the pit entrance. Of course, my time doesn't show it!

@coryclifford
Best Lap Time - 1:33.686
DC -10.0
Tune Comments - This is easy...I LOVE this car! I took to it straight away and never looked back. I could drive this car all day as I kept getting faster and faster...no red laps until I got super aggressive. This was a quick and stable car with no problems other than I left a good .5 to .75 seconds on the track due to me being hopeless on a couple of turns. If I had a coach to help me drive better then this is the car I want to learn in. :bowdown:

@randyrockstiff
Best Lap Time - 1:35.030
DC - 8.8
Tune Comments - The best car driving the ring or middle section...super fast and stable. I just couldn't drive this car through the final hairpin turn and the last section (the 1/2 octagon) just killed any fast time I had going...this is completely on me because this was a fun car to drive. I never saw 1st or 6th gear...I don't know what that means. Again, I need some coaching to help unlock the time that I know is there.

@Brewguy44
Best Lap Time - 1:34.126
DC - 9.7
Tune Comments - I LOVE this tune...it felt so good from the moment I touched it. For me, it is just like cory's tune but I just couldn't finish the last section and would red lap. There were some awkward shift points that hurt me and with a little tweaking, I could drive this all day. I had so many laps running ahead of cory but I just couldn't finish. I can see the potential but I need to get better. :bowdown:

@Otaliema
Best Lap Time - 1:34.705
DC - 9.5
Tune Comments - This is so stable and fun to drive! The transmission was more to my liking and by short shifting in a couple of places, I was getting faster and faster. I was able to recover when I made a small mistake or two which is great for my confidence and keeping a lap going. Very, very few red laps and again the final section kept killing my times. I left a good second out on the track... :bowdown:

@joaosoarescso
Best Lap Time - 1:35.281
DC - 9.2
Tune Comments - Almost impossible to red lap this car...very, very stable and a little short shifting helped my times. This was the only car that didn't handle the jump well...it seemed to fly further than any other car and I was slow to get back on the gas due to not feeling very stable. It took no effort to drive this wonderful car but I was slow and unable to find the time that I know is there. I felt the car needed a bit more acceleration but my slow time was on my driving ability.

@Ale67
Best Lap Time - 1:34.701
DC - 8.5
Tune Comments - This tune will haunt me for quite a while. This is a fast car waiting for me to unlock it and I was unable to. It felt so stable until the last section...now it felt like I was on a wet track. This caused me to slow down due to so many red laps at the quick chicane...I just couldn't find the right combination of driving line, speed and steering input. This car didn't like the curbs much and some of the shift points were in bad places for me. Still...this is a fast car and I should have posted a much faster time. :(

Last edited:
Hello All...

This is my first FITT Challenge and I hope I can add something of value to all of the tuners. I guess I am an "average" driver and I hope to use this RUF Challenge to help me become a better driver and understand what I like...what my driving style is. I use a wheel mounted to a Playseat in a dedicated room (800 sq. ft.) with a 61" Rear projection TV (2006) and a 5.1 home theater setup and of course, plenty of Bass! :)

RUF Sports Class Testing

@lBt_33
DC - 9.0
Tune Comments - I had a hard time being consistent with this tune. Once I felt somewhat comfortable with the car, I put up a decent time and then that was it. I couldn't find a rhythm...the car was fighting me on every lap and it would change lap to lap. I really like this car but I am so slow driving it. This is on me as I know I should be faster but I guess this just doesn't fit my style. It had some awkward shift points and I would like to change that but I am not smart enough to know what else to change to help me be a better driver for this car.

@xande1959
DC - 9.0
Tune Comments - The transmission took some getting use to with some awkward shift points. Again, I had a hard time developing a rhythm and as soon as I tried to drive a bit more aggressive, the red laps kept coming. This was a fun car to drive but I was stuck on this time and at a loss on how to improve. This car was so stable after the jump and into the right hand turn...this is the only car that felt fast in the last section after the pit entrance. Of course, my time doesn't show it!

@coryclifford
DC -10.0
Tune Comments - This is easy...I LOVE this car! I took to it straight away and never looked back. I could drive this car all day as I kept getting faster and faster...no red laps until I got super aggressive. This was a quick and stable car with no problems other than I left a good .5 to .75 seconds on the track due to me being hopeless on a couple of turns. If I had a coach to help me drive better then this is the car I want to learn in. :bowdown:

@randyrockstiff
DC - 8.8
Tune Comments - The best car driving the ring or middle section...super fast and stable. I just couldn't drive this car through the final hairpin turn and the last section (the 1/2 octagon) just killed any fast time I had going...this is completely on me because this was a fun car to drive. I never saw 1st or 6th gear...I don't know what that means. Again, I need some coaching to help unlock the time that I know is there.

@Brewguy44
DC - 9.7
Tune Comments - I LOVE this tune...it felt so good from the moment I touched it. For me, it is just like cory's tune but I just couldn't finish the last section and would red lap. There were some awkward shift points that hurt me and with a little tweaking, I could drive this all day. I had so many laps running ahead of cory but I just couldn't finish. I can see the potential but I need to get better. :bowdown:

@Otaliema
DC - 9.5
Tune Comments - This is so stable and fun to drive! The transmission was more to my liking and by short shifting in a couple of places, I was getting faster and faster. I was able to recover when I made a small mistake or two which is great for my confidence and keeping a lap going. Very, very few red laps and again the final section kept killing my times. I left a good second out on the track... :bowdown:

@joaosoarescso
DC - 9.2
Tune Comments - Almost impossible to red lap this car...very, very stable and a little short shifting helped my times. This was the only car that didn't handle the jump well...it seemed to fly further than any other car and I was slow to get back on the gas due to not feeling very stable. It took no effort to drive this wonderful car but I was slow and unable to find the time that I know is there. I felt the car needed a bit more acceleration but my slow time was on my driving ability.

@Ale67
DC - 8.5
Tune Comments - This tune will haunt me for quite a while. This is a fast car waiting for me to unlock it and I was unable to. It felt so stable until the last section...now it felt like I was on a wet track. This caused me to slow down due to so many red laps at the quick chicane...I just couldn't find the right combination of driving line, speed and steering input. This car didn't like the curbs much and some of the shift points were in bad places for me. Still...this is a fast car and I should have posted a much faster time. :(
Awesome job. Well done. Loved the reviews and the detail in them. You have taken to this like a duck to water :)

Hello All...

This is my first FITT Challenge and I hope I can add something of value to all of the tuners. I guess I am an "average" driver and I hope to use this RUF Challenge to help me become a better driver and understand what I like...what my driving style is. I use a wheel mounted to a Playseat in a dedicated room (800 sq. ft.) with a 61" Rear projection TV (2006) and a 5.1 home theater setup and of course, plenty of Bass! :)

RUF Sports Class Testing

@lBt_33
DC - 9.0

@xande1959
DC - 9.0

@coryclifford
DC -10.0

@randyrockstiff
DC - 8.8

@Brewguy44
DC - 9.7

@Otaliema
DC - 9.5

@joaosoarescso
DC - 9.2

@Ale67
DC - 8.5
Thank for the drive. Glad you liked the car, I'll load your times tonight.

Hello All...

This is my first FITT Challenge and I hope I can add something of value to all of the tuners. I guess I am an "average" driver and I hope to use this RUF Challenge to help me become a better driver and understand what I like...what my driving style is. I use a wheel mounted to a Playseat in a dedicated room (800 cubic feet) with a 61" Rear projection TV (2006) and a 5.1 home theater setup and of course, plenty of Bass! :)

RUF Sports Class Testing

@lBt_33
DC - 9.0

@xande1959
DC - 9.0

@coryclifford
DC -10.0

@randyrockstiff
DC - 8.8

@Brewguy44
DC - 9.7

@Otaliema
DC - 9.5

@joaosoarescso
DC - 9.2

@Ale67
DC - 8.5

Thanks @Bass Addict for the great review 👍 and way to go on your first FITT review's. You did a great job and I hope to see more, keep it up. This is the best place to find your "driving style" with all these different tunes.

Thanks for the review buddy. And welcome to your first event. :cheers:

Hello All...

RUF Sports Class Testing

@lBt_33
DC - 9.0

@xande1959
DC - 9.0

@coryclifford
DC -10.0

@randyrockstiff
DC - 8.8

@Brewguy44
DC - 9.7

@Otaliema
DC - 9.5

@joaosoarescso
DC - 9.2

@Ale67
DC - 8.5

Updated rankings @lBt_33 @xande1959 @coryclifford @randyrockstiff @Brewguy44 @joaosoarescso @Ale67

Cape Ring N Lap Time
1 @Brewguy44 1:33.772 +00.000
2 @coryclifford 1:33.837 +0.065
3 @Ale67 1:34.125 +0.353
4 @joaosoarescso 1:34.213 +0.441
5 @Otaliema 1:34.453 +0.681

Cape Ring N DC Score
1 @coryclifford 9.62
2 @Brewguy44 9.62
3 @Otaliema 9.24
4 @joaosoarescso 9.12
5 @lBt_33 8.94

RUF Sport Class Cape Ring N
1:32.635; @Ale67's tune Driven By Lionheart2113

Most Consistent shaunm80 1.493
Fastest Average Lionheart2113 93.403

Last edited:
Updated rankings @lBt_33 @xande1959 @coryclifford @randyrockstiff @Brewguy44 @joaosoarescso @Ale67

Cape Ring N Lap Time
1 @Brewguy44 1:33.772 +00.000
2 @coryclifford 1:33.837 +0.065
3 @Ale67 1:34.125 +0.353
4 @joaosoarescso 1:34.213 +0.441
5 @Otaliema 1:34.453 +0.681

Cape Ring N DC Score
1 @coryclifford 9.62
2 @Brewguy44 9.62
3 @Otaliema 9.24
4 @joaosoarescso 9.12
5 @lBt_33 8.94

RUF Sport Class Cape Ring N
1:32.635; @Ale67's tune Driven By Lionheart2113

Most Consistent shaunm80 1.493
Fastest Average Lionheart2113 93.403
Brewguy and Cory are having their own contest up front. Really good to see such a close finish in only the first class. If this class is anything to go by, Old School Class is going to be extremely interesting!

Hello All...

RUF Sports Class Testing

@lBt_33
DC - 9.0

@xande1959
DC - 9.0

@coryclifford
DC -10.0

@randyrockstiff
DC - 8.8

@Brewguy44
DC - 9.7

@Otaliema
DC - 9.5

@joaosoarescso
DC - 9.2

@Ale67
DC - 8.5

Hello @Bass Addict thanks for your review

Attention Tuners. The Open track day group only has three cars for the group at this time if we don't see some more tunes for the group it will be shut down due to lack of cars. The shut down wont be after the close of the tuning window. It is open to everyone for a third tune so if you want to take the 4wd RUF for a spin on Suzuka 2014 have at it. it's a fun and interesting challenge to get that car around the track.

Brewguy and Cory are having their own contest up front. Really good to see such a close finish in only the first class. If this class is anything to go by, Old School Class is going to be extremely interesting!
Yes yes they are having their own little battle up front and the rest of the pack is just on cruse control in their respective places.

I may try to the open track day class. Im terrible at tuning 4wd but I'll try it anyway. So hopefully i can improve and understand the 4wd LSD.

If you plan to fail and you win is it failure?
Sounds like a plan want me to add you as tenitive or for sure?

As for planning to fail and winning. I'd take that fail :lol: the question is did you learn what you set out to learn from the good mistake?

Attention Tuners. The Open track day group only has three cars for the group at this time if we don't see some more tunes for the group it will be shut down due to lack of cars. The shut down wont be after the close of the tuning window. It is open to everyone for a third tune so if you want to take the 4wd RUF for a spin on Suzuka 2014 have at it. it's a fun and interesting challenge to get that car around the track.

Yes yes they are having their own little battle up front and the rest of the pack is just on cruse control in their respective places.
I think I'll try the Open Track Day, I have a tune for it and I'll get it up in a few days.

Tuning for sure the deadline is next week so i think i can come up with something in my free time during the week and doing the heavy stuff during the weekend.

@Motor City Hami guide tune will surely come in hand and @Otaliema transmission guide to get the most out of it.

I think I'll try the Open Track Day, I have a tune for it and I'll get it up in a few days.
Both have been added I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Tunes are due no later than 0630 MST Feb 3rd at this time. Reminder it's the 2014 track layout not the old one. The surface of the track is different.

A maaaaaybe on the Open Track class - I tested a default CTR2 on Suzuka and it just wasn't agreeing with me. Would take lots of effort to get a good car out of it, for me personally. This is no doubt backed up by the fact that I smashed my best CTR2 lap the first time I took out my RGT which is 15 PP lower. The RGT feels like pure something something good on Suzuka.

What lap times are you guys doing on Suzuka?

A maaaaaybe on the Open Track class - I tested a default CTR2 on Suzuka and it just wasn't agreeing with me. Would take lots of effort to get a good car out of it, for me personally. This is no doubt backed up by the fact that I smashed my best CTR2 lap the first time I took out my RGT which is 15 PP lower. The RGT feels like pure something something good on Suzuka.

My base tune is a 2.08.xxx but I hope to get that down to a 2.05-2.06 when I am finished.

Mine right now is 2:10.100, Not great but not bad either. Yea that CTR2 is something else to figure out a stable tune on :odd:

The rear will slide or the rear doesn't move and the front end will slide going around a curve. :odd: :confused:

I'm working on it though and hope to make a breakthough, it's not as easy as the 3400S or RGT.

Back