FITT RUF Challenge

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by shaunm80, Jan 4, 2016.

1. DolHaus

DolHaus

Heh, shame I'm not testing, I never pulled my punches when giving my feelings about a car :lol:
    No point in being diplomatic when testing, nobody learns anything if you don't tell them when they're getting it wrong. I think at times people are a bit soft, being polite for fear of offending, its a nice sentiment but it does more harm than good in the long run.

2. Rotary Junkie

Rotary Junkie Premium

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. There's not necessarily a need to go through each tune trying to improve it (though, as a tuner, it's likely a good idea to do so as maybe someone knows or has noticed something you didn't) but if you feel anything useful as feedback, even if it is just your personal preference, it's worth noting to the tuner.

Some of the best test results came from slower/less consistent drivers back in the day, as long as they could identify "I did this and the car did that" it was relevant... Whilst fast drivers might see that same thing, chalk it up to their mistake, drive around it, and never see it again.

Thorin Cain, Otaliema and DolHaus like this.
  3. lBt_33

lBt_33

For me, a fast driver might be able to find the problem, maybe change his driving and always keep the problem in head. However, it is not a fast driver that can see good and bad things, that is a driver that drive fast. :lol::lol:

More seriously, why argue ? We are here for fun, sharing experiences and impressions. Please enjoyed all ! :cheers::cheers::D

4. DolHaus

DolHaus

We've tried altering things before with DC and it fell flat on its face, the majority seem to be happy with the way things are and its too late in the grand scheme of things to make major changes now. DC is what it is, I was always after lap time victory anyway :lol:

Brewguy44, Bowtie-muscle and Otaliema like this.
  5. Bass Addict

Bass Addict

I have a quick question for the group...:)

I tend to go in and out of arcade mode while testing but I have downloaded a "Session Log" to remind me to set track conditions to real, check to make sure TCS is set to zero and it has a place to record air temp. I have notice over the course of testing that this changes from a high of 82 degrees F to a low of 59 degrees F...that seems to be a big swing in temperature.

Does this have an effect on the cars? I always begin with two very slow laps to get settled in and "warm up the car"...

:cheers:

6. steve nfs

steve nfs

FITT challenging is just like an offline Time trial event. The difference is, it just don't have Gold, Silver and Bronze medal. An alien would like to drive very loose tune to get more than Gold, average drivers prefer more stable tune to reach Gold. They can't handle those very loose tune, which alien or very fast drivers like it. My 2 cents.

7. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

Interesting point and information. Too late to do anything about it, but it very well might. But that's the luck of the draw with when your on track with which tune. Since not all testers are testing in the same order, unlikely to have an affect on results should it actually matter. The chances that one tune will always get the best conditions, or another always the worst would seem rather remote.

Brewguy44, Otaliema and Bass Addict like this.
  8. Lionheart2113

Lionheart2113

Glad to see you got the time to test these tunes. Good job as always!:tup:

Yes air temp does make a difference. Hotter is faster. SSRX is the easiest place to test this using an auto transmission.

As far as testing goes, the Old School Class will be unique. 2 hard to handle/tune cars, rigidity or not, twisty track that can cause nightmares even with glue for tires, and from what I see, we have 2 aliens testing. Should be fun.:cheers:

biffa3, Brewguy44, Ale67 and 3 others like this.
  9. ugabugaz

ugabugaz

RGT - DS3=7 Auto ABS=1

[​IMG]
    [STATS]
    560PP
    538HP
    1185KG
    42:58 Weight Distribution
    374 ft-lb torque

[SUSPENSION MENU]
    Ride Height: 72-72
    Spring Rate: 6.55-10.88
    Dampers (Com): 8-3
    Dampers (Ext): 5-8
    Anti-Roll: 6-7
    Camber: 0-0
    Toe: (-0.02)-(+0.05)

Racing Brakes: 7-5

[TRANSMISSION MENU]
    (DO IN ORDER LISTED)
    Apply Power Parts FIRST
    Reset Transmission to Default
    Set Max Speed to 180 MPH

1: 3.304
    2: 2.580
    3: 1.917
    4: 1.475
    5: 1.185
    6: 1.000
    FN: 3.440 (STOCK - DO NOT CHANGE)

[DRIVETRAIN MENU]
    Initial Torque: 14
    Accel: 10
    Braking: 14
    Triple Plate Installed

[POWER MENU]

Power Limiter: 97.3%
    Engine Tuning: Stage 3
    Computer: Sports Computer
    Exhaust: Racing Exhaust
    Exhaust Manifold: Isometric Exhaust Manifold
    Intake: Intake Tuning

[BODY MENU]
    Weight Reduction Stage 3
    Carbon Hood(Body Color)
    Ballast Weight: 33KG
    Ballast Position: +8%
    DONE.

NO CHASSIS REINFORCEMENT - STOCK WHEELS

BEST LAP: 1.58:718 - Replay Available.

Take it out on Suzuka - It's a great time, believe me

10. DolHaus

DolHaus

Can weather changeability be set to 0? I've never noticed that large of a temperature swing during testing (or any at all for that matter:confused:)

Otaliema likes this.
  11. Otaliema

Otaliema

Ye track affects the cars, in single player time trial the track always resets to the same temp at the start, or restart, so as long as you run the same number of laps on each car they get the same treatment.

Quick glance it looks good. and you're all linked up.

No it can not 1 is the lowest. Time can be set to 0 though.

Thorin Cain and shaunm80 like this.
  12. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Temp does fluctuate when going to track and back ( I spent a lot of laps at Tsukuba, sometimes it's cloudy, sunny etc with varied temp ) It may even change when going to setup screen ( still with track loaded ), try go back and forth, press R1 to show the track report. Not sure all track have this, some of them seems to be fixed ( not the temp, but the lighting condition )

Driving the car under test drive mode also differs to arcade time trial. Engine and chassis wear are in effect when driven at test drive mode, while under arcade time trial, engine and chassis stays the same. I spent lots of km at arcade TT and chassis/engine oil never got yellow, bring it to test drive and it started to deteriorate.

13. Lionheart2113

Lionheart2113

In TT mode even if you go to the track settings page and not change anything, it can change the air temp. I'm not sure about cloudy/sun on the tracks that allow it, haven't paid attention to that. But the track settings page is how I easily try to get to a certain temp to test...it can take a while!:lol:

Edit: Even though the hotter temp gives you a quicker time for normal cars for 5,000M, does cooler temps work better for cars with Turbos?:dunce:

Thorin Cain, Otaliema and DolHaus like this.
  14. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

My experience is that time of day, which naturally should change temp does affect grip. But again, each tune is under the same conditions and it is likely that no two testers would test the same tune under the worst conditions, nor the same under the best. Many other factors also come into play.

Thorin Cain and Otaliema like this.
  15. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Your tests on difficult car spotlight thread were great, reminds me of that Oulim Spirra test review of yours, didn't hold back at all :p

16. DolHaus

DolHaus

Its a bit of a weird one, warm air is less dense so you need less power to push through it but you'll also be making less power. A forced induction car would be affected less by reduced air density (unless it was a tiny engine with a massive turbo) so would be better off theoretically
    I remember liking your Spirra, one of the only cars I've ever seen you build from scratch rather than a replica :lol:

17. Bass Addict

Bass Addict

I want to clarify myself...

Sport Class had a temp range of 68 degrees to 82 degrees F at the start of testing and I didn't check if the temp changed while I was testing or on leaving arcade mode.

Old School Class currently has a temp range of 59 degrees to 70 degrees F at the start of testing...I just finished running a test on a car and the starting temp was 59. I backed out and returned to my garage to pick a different car to test...returned to arcade mode and the starting temp was 67 degrees F.

DolHaus, Bowtie-muscle and Otaliema like this.
  18. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

Not likely going to make that much of a difference, or at least not enough to be that noticable.

Bass Addict and Otaliema like this.
  19. joaosoarescso

joaosoarescso

I think PD wants to replicate real world because you can't have 2 identical weather status. Its like you go to trial mountain in 1 day and the other you are at suzuka. Or something like that.

Thorin Cain and Otaliema like this.
  20. Otaliema

Otaliema

Honestly I've never noticed that during my tuning. That could explain why it felt like the car was all over the place sometimes and way too tight others.
    Um hmm. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We will decide what to do with it. Honestly at this point in the challenge we will do nothing as it will be an entirely random effect on the testing.

21. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

And was random during tuning.

TheInfamousJEW6 and Otaliema like this.
  22. Ale67

Ale67

Thank you @biffa3 . I am very happy with the result!!!!

Otaliema and shaunm80 like this.
  23. joaosoarescso

joaosoarescso

I took the CTR2 out of suzuka for awhile and went to Nurb and it did a 7:08 run, i'm pretty happy with that run and it doesn't oversteer as much i expected.

i'm pretty much done with it, just going to keep testing here and there until i'm 100% happy

24. xande1959

xande1959

thank you friend .
    this car becomes a challenge for testers and tuners, further to worsen the very difficult circuit. with strong braking, hairpin bends, bumps to get worse adherence, one at the entrance of the 2nd tunnel that complicated. I say any tuned car here is ready for any particular street circuit.:cheers::tup:

Otaliema and joaosoarescso like this.
  25. xande1959

xande1959

[​IMG]
    this man should be happy with the event.
    I congratulate the organizers:bowdown::tup::gtpflag:

26. OdeFinn

OdeFinn

Reminds me about year ago..

Otaliema and joaosoarescso like this.
  27. shaunm80

shaunm80

I have built this car and I have 553PP, 504 BHP, 1185kgs and weight dist 43:57. Can you check your tuning sheet as you are currently 7PP down on the regs and this would put you at a great disadvantage in terms of speed and lap time. Thanks.
    Your build is all good. No issues.

lBt_33 and Otaliema like this.
  28. Otaliema

Otaliema

Thank you for checking sir.

shaunm80 likes this.
  29. Brewguy44

Brewguy44 Premium

Yea, but we're using a Souped up version and not the real ones, which would be nice to have in the game.

30. shaunm80

shaunm80

No worries. :) I just finished my uni work for today so thought I would build some of the cars that have come in today.