FITT RUF Challenge

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 1,256 comments
Well, for right now you guys can put me down for tentative testing everything, Old School and Open Track for tuning.
Added to old school for tuning and tentative for my side for testing. @Otaliema will add you to Open Class and his testers. :) Great to have you onboard and look forward to seeing what you creations you make.
Count me in:cheers:
Any specific classes as yet or will you need some time to figure that out?

Man lots of activity today.

Well, for right now you guys can put me down for tentative testing everything, Old School and Open Track for tuning.
Done and added.

You're crazy man! Giid luck with your tunes sir 👍

Already tune the 3400S, need some testing even, and I will do a RGT tune too 👍
Added to the list

@biffa3 added to testing lists.

I have built a dozen or so Yellow Bird tunes between GT5 and GT6 but do you see any posted in my garage? No. I have hated every one of them. The tunes never felt finished. Probably just that awful car.

Question: Are most FITT test drivers DS3 users or wheel users? I ask because if I wanted to tune the Yellow Bird it is easier for me to play GT using the DS3. I have to unbolt the G920 from my Raceseat and bolt on the G27.

Yeah, I made a mistake with sector time, 45s and 46.1s should be for 2nd sector, 1st sector is in 21s region . I also tested with 1140kg on the BTR right after 1245kg, still 40/60 and it did 1:31.076 in 1st lap. I can see at least 0.6s time to be found ( managed 20.4s and 44s sector ) if going for ultimate lap time.

My upshift RPM drop for the BTR is around 5500RPM, so it's quite long way to redline on each gear.
If you're not entering, please consider to join as tester on Old School?

If you're not entering, please consider to join as tester on Old School?

That's a no go, I haven't been tester for very long time :) I don't drive with ABS :P, besides I could not spare time to do many laps on each car. I usually have about 30 minutes play time every few days, so time is precious ( better spent on posting my old work which I must do soon ). I did about 6-8 laps with the BTR ( both weight ) and 2 laps with CTR.

Too many cars sitting untouched for a long time.
I can't even remember what tune is for, applied on my RUF RGT :lol: it has 425Hp, was it a replica or just a race tune :banghead: it has huge camber and xtrac or GT3 cup gearbox, but it's different than my GT4 Neil Garner build :confused: Too long gathering dust :lol: I forgot to label the tune sheet.

3400S... I can see a :31

Yep

image.jpeg

It's a 3 beer tune. :D

Just tried the Yellowbird. It doesn't need a tune. Stock with added power/reduced weight to hit 550PP it's every bit as fast as my tuned BTR, and more consistent. For all the axe murderer I remember from early games that thing is ridiculously easy to drive now.

More yellowbird now :D Hitting the balance of weight vs power may be one of the factors to get better car, as some portion at Trial MT Reverse is going up ( 1st sector alone could cost over a second if driven poorly ), and the way to 2nd sector ( long tunnel ) may shave a lot of time with Ruf that can stay on gas longer and easier. Maybe a longer 1, 2, 3 gearing and close ratio 4,5,6 :P

Thinking I may stick with the BTR but will likely use ballast for the final tune. Downside is that I'll never know how fast it really could be due to power falloff vs redline.

Try to aim for best torque torque vs weight then, use ballast to balance the PP vs HP/torque. The uphill parts will need the best acceleration, very light car will have less torque ( power ). My BTR hit close to 130mph after navigating the 1st chicane ( around 100mph ) going uphill, braking for the right hander for another uphill to the left turn ( brake from 100+mph ) This is the 1st sector marker, at about 21-20s. Then the important section, high speed going down to the long right curve leading to the long straight for the tunnel ( usually reach 120-124mph before braking hard ), a good early full throttle exit will ensure 44-45s sector, and pave the way for 1:31 or less lap time ( the last half mostly about maintaining highest average speed on blind corners and going down )

@Ridox2JZGTE tried CTR, should not be on same league, just hoping at all tuners stay on BTR's, CTR is just too easy car.
View attachment 498557
Practically my track tester car, under powered (pp&hp way under limits). Really easy, capable of going 1:29 easily.
@shaunm80 should those CTR & BTR be separated? ;)

1:29s, sounds about right with optimized tune considering BTR can do flat 1:31.076 in 1st lap with wangan tune at lighter 1140kg weight and should be in the 1:30s. A good gear ratios, less camber, optimized power/weight, could see at least a second improvement.

Knowing that, the BTR should still put a fight against CTR, the question is will testers be able to lap in same pace as tuner :D That will be interesting and a challenge for BTR tuners.

I'll let the host decide :P

Latest Posts

Back