FITT Stingray (C7) Challenge. Congratulations To the podium finishers. See results for who won.

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 408 comments
You do a clean lap yet? You're not on my list. I'm knocking on the 24 door. :D

Edit :25.025 :crazy:

Edit: 24.988 :D P99
No I haven't cleared a clean one yet. Depending on how I feel tonight after the kids crash I may try again.
Hmm will be interesting to see if I can keep up in the 24's

One test left, own tune, then starts hard translation process from A5/car in Finnish to English :)
Edit, testing done, what a crap my car was when trying to push it.. It needs smooth driving and I wasn't able to do it on test run.. :) should I cheat and run more and more.. No.. It's it, far away from best lap what I ran days ago, but hey same tests, same laps, hits or not.
Starting soon writing reviews.
Edit2: reviews goes tomorrow, my driving isn't only badly working thing today... :)

Last edited:
5 left for me, top 5 Are close. All have been really good but with their own personality. DC impossible so far, minor details separate lap times and likely just that one lap I got out of it.
6 tunes left to test for this event. I must say, you guys do not make it easy to work out DC these days. Needless to say, I am enjoying testing these cars and have been curve balled a few times now. ;)

5 left for me, top 5 Are close. All have been really good but with their own personality. DC impossible so far, minor details separate lap times and likely just that one lap I got out of it.
4 tunes left now. Hopefully I can get through them this afternoon and have my results up ASAP. When I can decide DC that is. :scared:

All cars had 11 full laps, because of "new" DC ranking gives biased view, would like to give lot of equal points to several cars, but that's not possible anymore, so do not get offended from your ranking places.
DC definitely isn't linked on speed what car can give, some cars are freaking fast, but not giving me the feeling of mastering car, only feeling of mastering time table.
Below there is links for best lap replays and full testing replays, download and see your self how I managed with your car. (In Brackets there is your cars testing number, used for clarify my review writing)
Thanks.

Bestlap Replays
Full Test Replays

@Otaliema
Lap Time; 1:30.903 DC Rank; 6
Impressions and feedback;
(#10) Really fast despite weird feeling of transmission balance between box and final gear.
"0-Camber TT-Tune" - Will give you amazingly quick laps if you don't make any mistakes, but even smallest mistakes are costing really much on time, you just hit or not, there is no between choices. I saw blue times constantly but minor mistake and half second is gone, "fragile" because of this. It's not throwing you out from track or spoiling your run on mistake, but can't understand how smallest mistake can cost so much time on this?

@xande1959
Lap Time; 1:31.448 DC Rank; 8
(#12) Understeer, just amounts what can be corrected by picking different rim.
I had difficulties with gear choices, didn't get clear signal what gear would fit on current corner. Despite slight understeer car was pretty stable and driveable, gearbox sounded/felt to short, like not using available amount of torque, instead screaming engine without benefits.

@Bowtie-muscle
Lap Time; 1:31.250 DC Rank; 2
(#9) High amount of grip makes me afraid what happens when it breaks, still it stays on hand while sliding.
"TT-Tune for Endurance" - machine for hotlapping and it still can do successfully longer runs. Fixing both on same tune is impressive work. Well done!

@shaunm80
Lap Time; 1:31.949 DC Rank; 5
(#11) Tendency of understeer on corner entry's and mid corner (too much toe out on front?), during acceleration front will easily take control and make it oversteer (same too much toe out on front?), on straights it tries to pull driving wheel out, again front toe out?
Those things haunted whole drive, everything else was fine, all tune areas just hitting on point but that restless front made it hard to drive.

@coryclifford
Lap Time; 1:31.667 DC Rank; 10
(#5) Too much body roll, on corner entry it first has tendency to push (understeer) and then it swaps to oversteer after body mass have moved. Brakes are good.
Driving was hard because you have go like every corner should take Scandinavian flick entry or you might switch from under- to oversteer on point what's not on your decision.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap Time; 1:32.855 DC Rank; 4
(#3) Really good brakes, gives good traction on rear wheels when accelerating.
Quite lot understeer and needs precise wheel handling, because you feel turning sweetspot of front wheels you just have to stay on that and avoid overturning from there or it understeer lot.

@OdeFinn
Lap Time; 1:31.980 DC Rank; 13
(#13) Stone hard brakes, tendency of understeer, too soft rear what makes it swing from side to side.
Good if you have nerves to go gently and smooth, more for endurance than quick hot lapping.

@lBt_33
Lap Time; 1:31.693 DC Rank; 1
(#8) This car makes neural connection to driver, driver will master everything and no surprises coming, you just lap quick lap after quick without any hesitation.
It has potential to go much faster laps, consistency is 10+.

@Antares26
Lap Time; 1:31.770 DC Rank; 3
(#6) First impression when dialing setup in was bit worrying, but this made surprise to me on track, unbelievable stable car which is totally opposite what impression settings gave.
Funny how rear suspension settings are eliminating negative toe to give only good handling, no forklift feel what was haunting on my mind after setting car up.
Overall feeling is really stable car.

@sinof1337
Lap Time; 1:31.638 DC Rank; 9
(#7) Quick setup as "wingless" car, tendency to understeer disturbs bit overall feeling.
Problems from overheating tires, overall balance good despite tendency of understeer, brakings were mysterious sometimes.

@Lionheart2113
Lap Time; 1:31.705 DC Rank; 12
(#4) "Fastest Forklift ever" - understand at this is made for DS3, driving with wheel that negative rear toe is so big at it steer on rear too much, can't trust at car stays on hand, it's not losing rear totally, but it signals driver constantly for upcoming danger of rear traction loss, that feeling makes me worried and pushing hard lap is difficult. If you just blind your self from this signal and push, then it has potential to go much faster than my lap time now shows.

@Ale67
Lap Time; 1:31.995 DC Rank; 7
(#2) Good overall balance on car, needs small drift on corner entry's but balance makes it possible to do that with quite good success rate. Have to drive with "Hard hand".

@TheInfamousJEW6
Lap Time; 1:32.469 DC Rank; 11
(#1) Good on brakings, front feels bit hard(hard what can break to soft) and body roll maybe bit too limited.
Grip is there and then there is no grip like hitting on soap and gaining grip again, doesn't hit on my driving style.

All cars had 11 full laps, because of "new" DC ranking gives biased view, would like to give lot of equal points to several cars, but that's not possible anymore, so do not get offended from your ranking places.
DC definitely isn't linked on speed what car can give, some cars are freaking fast, but not giving me the feeling of mastering car, only feeling of mastering time table.
Below there is links for best lap replays and full testing replays, download and see your self how I managed with your car. (In Brackets there is your cars testing number, used for clarify my review writing)
Thanks.

@shaunm80
(#11) Tendency of understeer on corner entry's and mid corner (too much toe out on front?), during acceleration front will easily take control and make it oversteer (same too much toe out on front?), on straights it tries to pull driving wheel out, again front toe out?
Those things haunted whole drive, everything else was fine, all tune areas just hitting on point but that restless front made it hard to drive.

Thank you for the review. I guess I don't notice the under steer too much as I tend to drive with it all the time but very happy with the lap time you got out of it and the DC.

Thanks for testing too, you did a good job and was really consistent with your lap times. :)

FITT Stingray (C7) Reviews

indianapolis-road-course_3-jpg.541109

First off, I would like to thank @Otaliema for putting together a great event and picking an awesome car that I thoroughly enjoyed driving. Now, as I mentioned I the thread, it was not easy picking DC scoring for this event. A lot of tunes that were very close together in terms of enjoyment, and I have tried my best to break them all down so the tuners have some useful feedback from my personal perspective. Hope you can appreciate my reviews and thank you all for making this event fun.

@Otaliema
Lap Time; 1.33.063
DC Rank; 9th
Impressions and feedback; Turn in good, rear grip good, LSD settings are a little strong which can cause wheel spin and lose time if not careful. Brakes good and consistent. The main issue I have is when the rear tyres spin up and the rear starts sliding, it makes it hard to save but when you get a good lap going, you can really push this thing. A little tempermental at times a fun tune to drive. Well done.

@xande1959
Lap Time; 1.33.256
DC Rank; 8th
Impressions and feedback; Good turn in, Very good brakes, Transmission a little short for the long straight but when combined with the LSD settings you have, it minimises wheel spin/slippage in the mid-high speed corners beautifully. One downside is the wheel spin I had in the slow S’s in the mickey mouse section. I struggled to get the power down in the low gears sometimes but this is minor in the grand scheme of things. Great job on this one!

@Bowtie-muscle
Lap Time; 1.32.028
DC Rank; 2nd
Impressions and feedback; Bravo good sir! Perfect in nearly every department. The transmission, LSD, turn in, rear grip and consistency was amazing and so well connected. Slight wheel spin out of the slow corners but that is nit picking at what is a great tune. All I had to do was pick a line and plant the X button. Safe as houses and fun to drive. Awesome tune and one that I will be keeping the keys too thank you very much.

@shaunm80
Lap Time; 1.32.741
DC Rank; 1st
Impressions and feedback; The tune does everything I want, when I want and is extremely consistent from lap to lap. Putting power down in the low speed corners is effortless and it maintains speed through the mid-high speed corners easily and without any dramas. A consistent tune that was running very close lap times every lap. Virtually the same handling as Bowtie’s but without the wheel spin coming out of the S’s in the mickey mouse section. This tune actually surprised me as I dropped a 1.32.986 on my very first lap during testing. My best time in tuning was a 1.33.6xx so this tune definitely had more in it than I first imagined.

@coryclifford
Lap Time; 1.32.768
DC Rank; 7th
Impressions and feedback; Good turn in, Good consistent brakes, rear grip was very good and easy to save should things go wrong. I felt that this tune could have been faster with a tinker of the transmission but it did not hinder the tune, or the fun I had in it at all. Well done.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap Time; 1.34.415
DC Rank; 10th
Impressions and feedback; Turn in could be a little sharper, LSD lights up the rears when exiting slow corners, 7th gear is hardly used but I noted that this may be the case when reading the tune notes. It handles the mid-high speed corners pretty good and inspires confidence in the faster sections of the track but the lack of mechanical grip available to control the wheel spin meant I had to wait a bit longer before I could get the full acceleration, costing time at the end of the lap. A good tune but not one I adapt too very easily.

@OdeFinn
Lap Time; 1.35.622
DC Rank; 13th
Impressions and feedback; Turn in is good, rear is too loose, not enough grip and the lack of the flat floor made the braking points hard to define and inconsistent from lap and lap. The wheels spun up too easily and made it difficult to control even on some of the mid-high speed corners. Good things, transmission was well spaced out and worked well, and If you are able to put a sort of good lap together, you feel like a great driver because this tune was difficult for me to adapt to. This tune is going to be loved by one of the testers for sure as it is a little wild and some tuners really relish these types of tune.

@lBt_33
Lap Time; 1.34.175
DC Rank; 11th
Impressions and feedback; Turn in was moderate to good most of the time. Rear grip was a little loose for me and inconsistent from lap to lap if the rears would spin up coming out of slow corners. Too much slide in some of the quicker corners costing some time too. Positive things though. Transmission very good, Brakes were good and consistent, exhaust sound was excellent and if this car as a whole could be a little more consistent, it would have been a low-mid 1.33 lap time with a possible podium. Had some great elements in the tune, just not my style unfortunately.

@Antares26
Lap Time; 1.32.670
DC Rank; 3rd
Impressions and feedback; A tune very much like Bowties, good turn in, great brakes, excellent transmission and LSD settings. Slight issue with wheel spinning coming out of the S’s once again but this would be nitpicking once again. Easy tune to get to grips with, very easy to drive and lots of fun. First lap was a 1.32.926 and most of the laps after that were very close to it making it consistent and predictable. Well done! Great tune.

@sinof1337
Lap Time; 1.35.141
DC Rank; 12th
Impressions and feedback; This tune had too much under steer, not enough turn in or enough rear grip for the mickey mouse section of the track. Transmission was good, brakes were inconsistent and I had to use them much, much earlier compared to the tunes with the Flat Floors installed. I tried to get the most of this car but we didn’t have a good relationship I am afraid.

@Lionheart2113
Lap Time; 1.33.298
DC Rank; 4th
Impressions and Feedback; Turn in very good, a little under steer but that helped me set the car up well in the mickey mouse section on the track. Rear grip was great, planted and consistent. Brakes were awesome, transmission and LSD settings perfect and minimised wheel spin and maximised corner exit speed brilliantly. A thoroughly enjoyable tune to test. Awesome job! On a side note, could have managed a high 1.32 lap had I not binned it by pushing too much onto the final straight.

@Ale67
Lap Time; 1.33.262
DC Rank; 5th
Impressions and feedback; Turn in is really good, brakes are excellent and extremely consistent. Rear grip could be a smidge better but that is nit picking as the rear slippage this car has is a positive attribute rather than a negative aspect. I really enjoyed driving this car and felt that with more laps, I could have gained a good 0.5-1second on the lap time achieved during the 10 short laps I gave it. Well done.

@TheInfamousJEW6
Lap Time; 1.33.952
DC Rank; 6th
Impressions and feedback; Good turn in, good brakes (although I had to remember to brake earlier as no flat floor was installed). Very easy to control and very predictable in the inner section of the track. I had a slight issue of the car pushing out when I entered the embankment on the start/finish straight, which might be down to the aero package as I didn’t have any problems on the in-field. All in all, a great tune and really fun to drive. A little wheel spin on the S’s but no more than Bowtie or Antares. Great job Infamous! Really good tune here.

(#10) Really fast despite weird feeling of transmission balance between box and final gear.
"0-Camber TT-Tune" - Will give you amazingly quick laps if you don't make any mistakes, but even smallest mistakes are costing really much on time, you just hit or not, there is no between choices. I saw blue times constantly but minor mistake and half second is gone, "fragile" because of this. It's not throwing you out from track or spoiling your run on mistake, but can't understand how smallest mistake can cost so much time on this?
I never figured that out myself I thought it was my track knowledge costing me that time. Very impressive lap time sir.
Thank you for the laps and feedback.
@Otaliema
Lap Time; 1.33.063
DC Rank; 9th
Impressions and feedback; Turn in good, rear grip good, LSD settings are a little strong which can cause wheel spin and lose time if not careful. Brakes good and consistent. The main issue I have is when the rear tyres spin up and the rear starts sliding, it makes it hard to save but when you get a good lap going, you can really push this thing. A little tempermental at times a fun tune to drive. Well done.
I agree completely, get in the groove this flys, fall off and it's a slippery slope down the lead board:lol: glade to hear you had fun in it.

I guess I need to make that scoring sheet now -_-

@lBt_33
(#8) This car makes neural connection to driver, driver will master everything and no surprises coming, you just lap quick lap after quick without any hesitation.

Thank you so much, I can't describe how I'm happy now !! It was my wish, I'm very glad you like it, thanks ! :D :cheers:

@lBt_33
Lap Time; 1.34.175
DC Rank; 11th
Impressions and feedback; Turn in was moderate to good most of the time. Rear grip was a little loose for me and inconsistent from lap to lap if the rears would spin up coming out of slow corners. Too much slide in some of the quicker corners costing some time too. Positive things though. Transmission very good, Brakes were good and consistent, exhaust sound was excellent and if this car as a whole could be a little more consistent, it would have been a low-mid 1.33 lap time with a possible podium. Had some great elements in the tune, just not my style unfortunately.

Well it can't suit all the testers, but very thanks for the testing ! I didn't drive with the DS3 so I can't compare, hope you will like my others tunes in the future ;):D

Last edited:
Thanks.

Bestlap Replays
Full Test Replays

@Otaliema

@xande1959
Lap Time; 1:31.448 DC Rank; 8
(#12) Understeer, just amounts what can be corrected by picking different rim.
I had difficulties with gear choices, didn't get clear signal what gear would fit on current corner. Despite slight understeer car was pretty stable and driveable, gearbox sounded/felt to short, like not using available amount of torque, instead screaming engine without benefits.

@Bowtie-muscle
Lap Time; 1:31.250 DC Rank; 2
(#9) High amount of grip makes me afraid what happens when it breaks, still it stays on hand while sliding.
"TT-Tune for Endurance" - machine for hotlapping and it still can do successfully longer runs. Fixing both on same tune is impressive work. Well done!

@shaunm80

@coryclifford
Lap Time; 1:31.667 DC Rank; 10
(#5) Too much body roll, on corner entry it first has tendency to push (understeer) and then it swaps to oversteer after body mass have moved. Brakes are good.
Driving was hard because you have go like every corner should take Scandinavian flick entry or you might switch from under- to oversteer on point what's not on your decision.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Quite lot understeer and needs precise wheel handling, because you feel turning sweetspot of front wheels you just have to stay on that and avoid overturning from there or it understeer lot.

@OdeFinn
Lap Time; 1:31.980 DC Rank; 13
(#13) Stone hard brakes, tendency of understeer, too soft rear what makes it swing from side to side.
Good if you have nerves to go gently and smooth, more for endurance than quick hot lapping.

@lBt_33

@Antares26
Lap Time; 1:31.770 DC Rank; 3
(#6) First impression when dialing setup in was bit worrying, but this made surprise to me on track, unbelievable stable car which is totally opposite what impression settings gave.
Funny how rear suspension settings are eliminating negative toe to give only good handling, no forklift feel what was haunting on my mind after setting car up.
Overall feeling is really stable car.

@sinof1337
Lap Time; 1:31.638 DC Rank; 9
(#7) Quick setup as "wingless" car, tendency to understeer disturbs bit overall feeling.
Problems from overheating tires, overall balance good despite tendency of understeer, brakings were mysterious sometimes.

@Lionheart2113
Lap Time; 1:31.705 DC Rank; 12
(#4) "Fastest Forklift ever" - understand at this is made for DS3, driving with wheel that negative rear toe is so big at it steer on rear too much, can't trust at car stays on hand, it's not losing rear totally, but it signals driver constantly for upcoming danger of rear traction loss, that feeling makes me worried and pushing hard lap is difficult. If you just blind your self from this signal and push, then it has potential to go much faster than my lap time now shows.

@Ale67
Lap Time; 1:31.995 DC Rank; 7
(#2) Good overall balance on car, needs small drift on corner entry's but balance makes it possible to do that with quite good success rate. Have to drive with "Hard hand".

@TheInfamousJEW6
Lap Time; 1:32.469 DC Rank; 11
(#1) Good on brakings, front feels bit hard(hard what can break to soft) and body roll maybe bit too limited.
Grip is there and then there is no grip like hitting on soap and gaining grip again, doesn't hit on my driving style.

FITT Stingray (C7) Reviews

indianapolis-road-course_3-jpg.541109

First off, I would like to thank @Otaliema for putting together a great event and picking an awesome car that I thoroughly enjoyed driving. Now, as I mentioned I the thread, it was not easy picking DC scoring for this event. A lot of tunes that were very close together in terms of enjoyment, and I have tried my best to break them all down so the tuners have some useful feedback from my personal perspective. Hope you can appreciate my reviews and thank you all for making this event fun.

@Otaliema
Lap Time; 1.33.063
DC Rank; 9th

@xande1959
Lap Time; 1.33.256
DC Rank; 8th
Impressions and feedback; Good turn in, Very good brakes, Transmission a little short for the long straight but when combined with the LSD settings you have, it minimises wheel spin/slippage in the mid-high speed corners beautifully. One downside is the wheel spin I had in the slow S’s in the mickey mouse section. I struggled to get the power down in the low gears sometimes but this is minor in the grand scheme of things. Great job on this one!

@Bowtie-muscle
Lap Time; 1.32.028
DC Rank; 2nd
Impressions and feedback; Bravo good sir! Perfect in nearly every department. The transmission, LSD, turn in, rear grip and consistency was amazing and so well connected. Slight wheel spin out of the slow corners but that is nit picking at what is a great tune. All I had to do was pick a line and plant the X button. Safe as houses and fun to drive. Awesome tune and one that I will be keeping the keys too thank you very much.

@shaunm80
Lap Time; 1.32.741
DC Rank; 1st
Impressions and feedback; The tune does everything I want, when I want and is extremely consistent from lap to lap. Putting power down in the low speed corners is effortless and it maintains speed through the mid-high speed corners easily and without any dramas. A consistent tune that was running very close lap times every lap. Virtually the same handling as Bowtie’s but without the wheel spin coming out of the S’s in the mickey mouse section. This tune actually surprised me as I dropped a 1.32.986 on my very first lap during testing. My best time in tuning was a 1.33.6xx so this tune definitely had more in it than I first imagined.

@coryclifford
Lap Time; 1.32.768
DC Rank; 7th
Impressions and feedback; Good turn in, Good consistent brakes, rear grip was very good and easy to save should things go wrong. I felt that this tune could have been faster with a tinker of the transmission but it did not hinder the tune, or the fun I had in it at all. Well done.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap Time; 1.34.415
DC Rank; 10th
Impressions and feedback; Turn in could be a little sharper, LSD lights up the rears when exiting slow corners, 7th gear is hardly used but I noted that this may be the case when reading the tune notes. It handles the mid-high speed corners pretty good and inspires confidence in the faster sections of the track but the lack of mechanical grip available to control the wheel spin meant I had to wait a bit longer before I could get the full acceleration, costing time at the end of the lap. A good tune but not one I adapt too very easily.

@OdeFinn
Lap Time; 1.35.622
DC Rank; 13th
Impressions and feedback; Turn in is good, rear is too loose, not enough grip and the lack of the flat floor made the braking points hard to define and inconsistent from lap and lap. The wheels spun up too easily and made it difficult to control even on some of the mid-high speed corners. Good things, transmission was well spaced out and worked well, and If you are able to put a sort of good lap together, you feel like a great driver because this tune was difficult for me to adapt to. This tune is going to be loved by one of the testers for sure as it is a little wild and some tuners really relish these types of tune.

@lBt_33
Lap Time; 1.34.175
DC Rank; 11th

@Antares26
Lap Time; 1.32.670
DC Rank; 3rd
Impressions and feedback; A tune very much like Bowties, good turn in, great brakes, excellent transmission and LSD settings. Slight issue with wheel spinning coming out of the S’s once again but this would be nitpicking once again. Easy tune to get to grips with, very easy to drive and lots of fun. First lap was a 1.32.926 and most of the laps after that were very close to it making it consistent and predictable. Well done! Great tune.

@sinof1337
Lap Time; 1.35.141
DC Rank; 12th
Impressions and feedback; This tune had too much under steer, not enough turn in or enough rear grip for the mickey mouse section of the track. Transmission was good, brakes were inconsistent and I had to use them much, much earlier compared to the tunes with the Flat Floors installed. I tried to get the most of this car but we didn’t have a good relationship I am afraid.

@Lionheart2113
Lap Time; 1.33.298
DC Rank; 4th
Impressions and Feedback; Turn in very good, a little under steer but that helped me set the car up well in the mickey mouse section on the track. Rear grip was great, planted and consistent. Brakes were awesome, transmission and LSD settings perfect and minimised wheel spin and maximised corner exit speed brilliantly. A thoroughly enjoyable tune to test. Awesome job! On a side note, could have managed a high 1.32 lap had I not binned it by pushing too much onto the final straight.

@Ale67
Lap Time; 1.33.262
DC Rank; 5th
Impressions and feedback; Turn in is really good, brakes are excellent and extremely consistent. Rear grip could be a smidge better but that is nit picking as the rear slippage this car has is a positive attribute rather than a negative aspect. I really enjoyed driving this car and felt that with more laps, I could have gained a good 0.5-1second on the lap time achieved during the 10 short laps I gave it. Well done.

@TheInfamousJEW6
Lap Time; 1.33.952
DC Rank; 6th
Impressions and feedback; Good turn in, good brakes (although I had to remember to brake earlier as no flat floor was installed). Very easy to control and very predictable in the inner section of the track. I had a slight issue of the car pushing out when I entered the embankment on the start/finish straight, which might be down to the aero package as I didn’t have any problems on the in-field. All in all, a great tune and really fun to drive. A little wheel spin on the S’s but no more than Bowtie or Antares. Great job Infamous! Really good tune here.
Thank you both for testing and the positive feedback. Your lap times are very good as well, after driving most of the others I was unsure how it would be received. Your time and effort are most appreciated 👍

@Ridox2JZGTE

Understeer, yep just what I had expected :D On what parts the understeer is most prominent ? Low speed chicane or the high speed part ? If on entry braking, maybe the brake balance is not rear bias enough ? I had some rear wheel going yellow and red ( skidding ) when braking hard with the tune BB ( no ABS used ) ABS 1 really have great effect on braking and entry.

Good time there, mate :) my best was 1:33.1xx on 1st lap ( using fresh car ) though with some 1st turn lock up. Did you ever used 7th gear ? You are not supposed to ever shift to 7th gear.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap Time; 1.34.415
DC Rank; 10th

Thanks for the great review :) The car was tuned to use only 6 gears :P You are not supposed to touch 7th :P The LSD, indeed it needs some modulation of throttle ( mostly half throttle for short time ). I'm happy with the time you got with the car, looking at the other cars time tested in the review.

It makes setting up a car very difficult. Cater to this style or that style? Impossible. I set up my cars for me, and to go fast, while on the proper driving line.

I set up the same way, if I like the car I tuned it's ok and it's fitted for my driving style, and I don't know if I could make a tune for a different driving style.

But it's the goal of the challenge to share our preferences and test the others of the tuners :P

Understeer, yep just what I had expected :D On what parts the understeer is most prominent ? Low speed chicane or the high speed part ? If on entry braking, maybe the brake balance is not rear bias enough ? I had some rear wheel going yellow and red ( skidding ) when braking hard with the tune BB ( no ABS used ) ABS 1 really have great effect on braking and entry.

Good time there, mate :) my best was 1:33.1xx on 1st lap ( using fresh car ) though with some 1st turn lock up. Did you ever used 7th gear ? You are not supposed to ever shift to 7th gear.
I'll take that back to track and give more precise explanation for that understeer, from memory that sweetspot tune on front wheels made easy to turn too much, over that spot, but I'll give deeper feedback later.
Not used 7th, tried maybe, but not more than once if even that.
lBt_33 ranked P1 and P11. Funny.
Download replays and you'll understand my ranking to that. :)

Ahh late season snow storm kept me out of testing today. :(
I will say this. I've tested 6 cars and wow some are right next to each other others are way out there. Havn't found my DC 1 car yet but still have more cars to drive.

It makes setting up a car very difficult. Cater to this style or that style? Impossible. I set up my cars for me, and to go fast, while on the proper driving line.
I always tune for me and not the testers. Tuning for the testers never works as you do not know who will be testing. If your car is good, it won't matter. But it may not get along with everyone no matter what you do.

Please yourself and let things fall where they may. Supposed to be fun competition, not too serious, and there is no money on it.

I always tune for me and not the testers. Tuning for the testers never works as you do not know who will be testing. If your car is good, it won't matter. But it may not get along with everyone no matter what you do.
👍👍

Please yourself and let things fall where they may. Supposed to be fun competition, not too serious, and there is no money on it.
🤬 Guess I need to quit bribing the testers!:dunce:

Thanks for the reviews @OdeFinn & @shaunm80 This type of challenge with its flat floors/wing combinations will have loads of "Marmite" cars but there will be 1 or 2 that will be rock solid.

"Fastest forklift ever"... Brilliant!:lol:
:cheers:

@Ridox2JZGTE just ended my learning session with GT6 aerodynamics, having now clear view how to change settings to alter different areas on car handling.. Own car has more downforce bite and it's timed to work way better than it was. A/D/G H:-14 W:-14 aero=9. Sad to learn this now, but better later than ever.
Taking one quick round on panorama and then taking yours on track.

I am in agreement with you. My tunes are always based on what I can drive well and hope that others can do the same with it. :)
👍👍

🤬 Guess I need to quit bribing the testers!:dunce:

Thanks for the reviews @OdeFinn & @shaunm80 This type of challenge with its flat floors/wing combinations will have loads of "Marmite" cars but there will be 1 or 2 that will be rock solid.

"Fastest forklift ever"... Brilliant!:lol:
:cheers:
I didn't see that forklift when I took it out but it is quite a funny title to give a car. Another thing, my bribe? I don't recall seeing my shark card arriving as yet.. maybe it is in the post? :lol:

We could bribe with cars and paints back in GT5, not possible in GT6 :lol: :D

I'll take that back to track and give more precise explanation for that understeer, from memory that sweetspot tune on front wheels made easy to turn too much, over that spot, but I'll give deeper feedback later.
Not used 7th, tried maybe, but not more than once if even that.

Download replays and you'll understand my ranking to that. :)

From what I can remember, the oval turn before the finish line tend to be heavy to steer into ( going near the apex ) when going flat out. On some parts of the track, turn 2 to 5 for example, the car benefits most from good racing line + throttle modulation when needed. Turn 3 can be done in flat out before easing for another flat out that ends with the left round turn.

@Ridox2JZGTE - I only went into 7th gear because I use automatic transmission. Every lap I would go into 7th gear for about 2 seconds before hitting the braking point for the first corner. I could tell it was a 6 speed transmission by the way it shifted through the gears anyway. :)

Shifting to 7th actually may help going higher top speed at the main straight, but I wanted it to be driven like the C7R which only have 6 speed :P

@Ridox2JZGTE just ended my learning session with GT6 aerodynamics, having now clear view how to change settings to alter different areas on car handling.. Own car has more downforce bite and it's timed to work way better than it was. A/D/G H:-14 W:-14 aero=9. Sad to learn this now, but better later than ever.
Taking one quick round on panorama and then taking yours on track.

Lucky for me, I usually only care about visual aspect of rear wing, as long as it looks like the real deal, I don't mind how much aero it gives, just have to tune around it :P

Back