FITT V8 Supercar at Bathurst Challenge now closed. Winners announced.

• Thread starter Pete05
  • 496 comments
I need to log some laps at Bathurst, can't decide if I'm fighting the car or the track. Anyone have a brilliant idea of a car that would handle like the Falcon with about a third less power?
The BMW 320 Touring Car isn't a bad little racer or try one of the GT300 cars with some tuning but beware of the added grip they'll offer. It could end up polluting your mind for when you jump back in the heavier, less downforce, less rubber on the road Falcon.

Bored night so I decided to give this a try. Spent about 30 minutes working with my "Base Tune" from eons ago. Transmission is correct and I've made improvements on my old settings. 2'01.040 on a controller, not too bad. If I work with it more I think I might be able to break into the 2'00s.

Have fun with this guys, really fun combination of car and track!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 18
Bored night so I decided to give this a try. Spent about 30 minutes working with my "Base Tune" from eons ago. Transmission is correct and I've made improvements on my old settings. 2'01.040 on a controller, not too bad. If I work with it more I think I might be able to break into the 2'00s.

Have fun with this guys, really fun combination of car and track!
That 2:01 ain't exactly hanging around to admire the scenery @Whitetail 👍
Would you like to officially enter the competition as a Tuner? We'd love have you join in the fun. You know what they say about the more the merrier :)

That 2:01 ain't exactly hanging around to admire the scenery @Whitetail 👍
Would you like to officially enter the competition as a Tuner? We'd love have you join in the fun. You know what they say about the more the merrier :)
What are my obligations? If it's not too time consuming I can submit my tune for this one event. I think I'm pretty happy with it as is, but you never know.

What are my obligations? If it's not too time consuming I can submit my tune for this one event. I think I'm pretty happy with it as is, but you never know.
Have a read of the OP to see what's required for submitting a tune. You still have plenty of time to tinker. Any questions, myself or @Otaliema will be only too happy to provide answers :)

I had one of those growing up, lol. Used to have about 15 lobster pots out on the coast of R.I.
That boat would whip across the water like it was on, . . . well, . . . water. ^^
You would be surprised how fast you can make your dingy go, . . . :rolleyes:[/QUOTE

Haha. We had one as well, when we were knee high to a grass hopper.

The reason I said it, my older brother owned a AU for several years.
Probably the single worst handling Ford Ive ever been in/driven.
And I certainly let him know about it. :D

Hahaha, its fair to say, that model certainly had a rep for being excrement of the worst kind.
Maybe the Ford fans disagree. But there are plenty of others Id have picked to put into the game over this one.

Especially this thing....
A mate owned one of these before Id even got my license.
download.jpg
Imagine this as a daily driver now. Lol

Haha, just so wrong.
My apologies... couldn't help myself.

:lol: More speed, more angle :P I'm guilty myself of going sideways several times on a big roundabout, 200kW WRX, FC/D3S RX7, R32/33 GTST, MKIII Supra etc ( drove almost most imports back in the day, was in great community of young imports lover ) Not for the Rex though, that was fun until the clutch burnt :lol: Younger days :P

I took the AU XR8 Falcon to GT500 High Speed Ring seasonal, raked in more than 5 millions credit winning while testing front toe out effect at the esses and banked turns ( from -0.39 to -0.47, on step at a time )

I'm only here out of interest.
A very rough tune,
Dropped the height
Bit more shock extension
Low camber 1.5/ 0.5
Set the gears as described
60/60/60 diff and -25 on the aero.
Flat 2:04s on messy laps.
I feel I can run a 2:02 as it is and would hope a 2:00 on a properly sorted tune.

I'm only here out of interest.
A very rough tune,
Dropped the height
Bit more shock extension
Low camber 1.5/ 0.5
Set the gears as described
60/60/60 diff and -25 on the aero.
Flat 2:04s on messy laps.
I feel I can run a 2:02 as it is and would hope a 2:00 on a properly sorted tune.
Well we'd love to have you officially involved as a Tuner. Why not enter your car & see how it stacks up against the rest?

If anyone can make a competive tune with 60/60/60 diff settings, they'll earn bonus points from me that's for sure.
Is it worth of second? ;)
What bonuses comes when car runs way over 3 degree camber on front and way over 2 degree on rear and has 60/60/60 spool, I'm losing nearly second with spool and heavy camber vs. Heavy camber alone.
Below goes with both, spool and heavy camber.

Is it worth of second? ;)
What bonuses comes when car runs way over 3 degree camber on front and way over 2 degree on rear and has 60/60/60 spool, I'm losing nearly second with spool and heavy camber vs. Heavy camber alone.
Below goes with both, spool and heavy camber.

All I'll say is, I'm glad I'm not your engine builder :scared:

I always drove the Falcon with spool 60/60/60 since GT5 :) never looked back as I can't accept a V8 SC with near open diff :lol: :P

I tested toe out as I said earlier, the good range is from -0.39 to -0.44, -0.45 and above tend to wash out the front end after mid corner. This is with camber close to -6.0 :D My aero and suspension also a bit extreme.

My approach was to learn the track better so I took a familiar 600ok car that is not necessarily the fastest but one that I like and am comfortable with. Ran an A spec race, 5 laps and then over to Arcade Mode. Saved my best lap at 2:03 flat and tried to chase it with the Falcon. 1/2 a second behind consistently into turn two and up the hill. Down the hill and the back straight however, it's no match and a mid 2:05 is the best I have. Not sure if it's me, the track or the tune. Might not submit for this one as it appears I am waaaaay off.

ZhgN7K3uAildBcVJ_0.jpg

Ford Falcon XR8 2000 - FITT compo tune
602pp​

Tuned for version 1.2x
Oil change
Suspension (Full Custom) - Racing Hard
Ride Height (mm): 50 /50
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 17.27 / 15.62
Dampers (Compression): 3 / 3
Dampers (Extension): 10 / 10
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 / 6
Camber Angle (-): 3.6 / 2.4
Toe Angle: -0.36 / +0.18

Brake Balance Controller
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance: 6 / 9

Drivetrain
Initial Torque: 60
Acceleration Sensitivity: 60
Braking Sensitivity: 60

Power for 629BHP/659Nm/602pp
Limiter - 100%
Stock power

Gearbox (Full Custom)
Set Transmission to default
Set Final Drive Ratio to 5.000
Set Max Speed to 200 km/h
1st gear: 2.978
2nd gear: 2.331
3rd gear: 1.821
4th gear: 1.442
5th gear: 1.226
6th gear: 1.108
Set Final Drive Ratio to 3.150

Body weight 1350kg - NO Body Rigidity!
Downforce
Front/Rear 383/545

Here's how to drive, last corner goes also on 2nd gear, made mistake here and corrected with 1st gear.
Small throttle steering needed, but only small, body rotates and turns surprisingly well with spool.

Nice lap @OdeFinn! Thanks for posting it! I also went at this as a problem of track knolledge. I found a 500pp car that handles a lot like the falcon, went to arcade mode and just turned laps. Was a great learning time. That car dropped 9 seconds. Then found a 691pp car that would stay on the track to get use to the speed. Now I'm down with @shaunm80 and @Bowtie-muscle, however, I still have NO idea how you guys make THIS car go around THIS track THIS fast. My hats off to you gentleman!

Latest Posts

Back