Flight Simulator

  • Thread starter Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 1,076 comments
  • 121,513 views
You downloaded the place holder file, the base game is 97GB
 
One week to go and still no developer showcase of the console version. I find it really weird.
 
5 hour download but job done, nice trailer to watch,now just waiting impatiently
 
5 hour download but job done, nice trailer to watch,now just waiting impatiently
You’re going to love it..not since Driveclub have I spent so many hours on one title, it’s crack like addictive and I’m currently at 593 hours so far 👌
 
I am so going full Alan Pollock...

Can't wait!!! (and I really can't wait for the Maverick dlc, but ine thing at a time here)
 
5 hour download but job done, nice trailer to watch,now just waiting impatiently
Not sure how long it took for me as it had downloaded automatically, upon hitting the start and when the game started to 'load' my heart skipped a beat thinking they had stuffed up and I could actually play it. :lol:

Roll on next week.
 
Not sure how long it took for me as it had downloaded automatically, upon hitting the start and when the game started to 'load' my heart skipped a beat thinking they had stuffed up and I could actually play it. :lol:

Roll on next week.
Haha,when the screen came up “push any button to start “I thought the same thing 😂
 
I just saw some prolonged Series X gameplay on YouTube. It must be some early access for select streamers?

Plane interactivity seems well-implemented with it just being a matter of pointing and clicking on the various instruments.
 
Last edited:
@Nielsen

The gameplay footage you mentioned (I think) was from a live stream, which is heavily compressed and, generally, looks like crap.

Some better footage, at 4k:



​

Yes, it seems that was the case. Fortunately. Bring on July 27th!
 
Some good videos on YouTube cropping up, obsidianAnt has a couple up and I have to say im very impressed so far,
 
@Nielsen

The gameplay footage you mentioned (I think) was from a live stream, which is heavily compressed and, generally, looks like crap.

Some better footage, at 4k:



​

Same fella i think,looks fantastic,
 
After having seen various gameplay videos, both the Series X and Series S handle the game impressively. I don’t have a 4K TV, but still I’m glad that I went for the Series X. Draw distance is better and performance appears slightly more stable. But really, Series S owners got a bargain to experience this game the way it deserves to be.
 
I am disgustingly excited about this game. Already thinking of getting some kind of stick or yoke when they become more readily available for the Xbox.

Hoping one can play with controller and keyboard together!
 
Last edited:
What is offline mode needed for exactly? If iam online constantly, do i need it ? Trying to save storage space.
 
I somehow got Tuesday off from work without even asking for it, I’m so excited for this it actually hurts :lol:

The game preloaded today and I just can’t wait for Tuesday, gonna jump into the 787 straight away!
 
So I just found my boxed copy of FS2002 Pro Edition today and in the top right corner of the front cover it says “As Real As It Gets”. Yeah right… 🤣
 
, gonna jump into the 787 straight away! Please don’t fly over my house 😱😂
 
Last edited:
Any idea what actual 'time' it releases?
 
Two concerns:

1. Are the servers prepared for everyone getting on at once tomorrow? I’m thinking in relation to streaming of map data and stability of the marketplace.

2. I might need to unplug my console from the wall socket around launch tomorrow due to thunderstorms in the weather forecast. No surge protector, so that would suck.
 
Last edited:
Two concerns:

1. Are the servers prepared for everyone getting on at once tomorrow? I’m thinking in relation to streaming of map data and stability of the marketplace.

2. I might need to unplug my console from the wall socket around launch tomorrow due to thunderstorms in the weather forecast. No surge protector, so that would suck.
I'm wondering if this is why it's releasing late in the UK. I don't know what the release schedule is like worldwide but we're having to wait until 4pmBST in the Uk for it to unlock rather than the usual midnight/1amBST unlock.
 
I'm wondering if this is why it's releasing late in the UK. I don't know what the release schedule is like worldwide but we're having to wait until 4pmBST in the Uk for it to unlock rather than the usual midnight/1amBST unlock.
It unlocks at the same moment everywhere. 5 PM CET for me, but the same time as 4 PM BST.
 
It unlocks at the same moment everywhere. 5 PM CET for me, but the same time as 4 PM BST.
Ah OK 👌 Thanks. Just wasn't sure if it was the same for everywhere. Like you say then, hopefully it's a stable and easy launch for them. Especially with it being on Game Pass, a lot of people who wouldn't otherwise have bought it will be wanting to try it too.
 
Fire it up now people, you have another 27GB update to download before you can play. Slightly annoying i have to wait another hour now......
 
Back