Flight Simulator

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 956 comments
Maybe the update was released late in order to ensure all players didn’t crash the servers at once. Different connection speeds while downloading the update will ensure people get on in smaller clusters.

Last edited:
It didn't say anything on my Xbox about the update. Figured, since I have it on auto-update, it had. Two hours after release time it finally acknowledged the update. :grumpy::mad::mad::irked:Will have a go this evening.

Not got the new update yet on PC, but I'm really enjoying the PMDG DC6. I have no interest in the modern airliners, but this old bird is fantastic.

FlightSimulator 2021-07-11 11-15-11-42.jpg

There's a really handy Flight Engineer who deals with all these dials.

FlightSimulator 2021-07-11 10-46-44-96.jpg
FlightSimulator 2021-07-11 10-46-53-77.jpg

Dammit knew I should have turned on the Xbox this morning to check for an update before heading to work.

Will it auto download the update if the Xbox is just turned on?
I could tell Mrs Shaun to turn on the Xbox but navigating the menu is another story.

Quite buggy, landing gear is none existent on some landing challenges haha. Plenty more updates for Europe and usa in the marketplace which gives highly rendered 3d modelling, well woth the extra download, plenty of extra content both free and paid for, overall, its the best game ive ever seen. Flying over rio at dusk was immense. Better save up £300 for that turtle beach yoke now, too dam hard controlling a jumbo jet with a xbox pad ! Finally feel like getting a series x was worth it.

For anyone playing on Series S, how does it look? :cheers:

PS Got to say I love these new Smilies :gtpflag:

Last edited:
For those that have been able to give this a go on Xbox, how playable is this with a controller?
I haven't got a clue of what I'm doing and I did just fine on my first attempt.

I don't actually have all Assistance Settings on "easy" and went with the settings in this video instead:

(starting at 2:30)

I haven't got a clue of what I'm doing and I did just fine on my first attempt.

I don't actually have all Assistance Settings on "easy" and went with the settings in this video instead:

(starting at 2:30)

Watched that video last night and that's where I'll be starting settings wise also tonight after work.

So jumping in with most stuff on hard except damage haha. I mean, sink or swim right.

Trim is a bitch.
Busy downloading all the world maps. 29gb.

PS. I'm not very good at this :D

Well, got it all up and running, no time for a flight tonight but I poked around the menus long enough to at least turn that infernal music off. Was stunned at the number of options available that I had figured would be left off the XBox version, and I had no idea the amount of third party content available in the in-game store! Some of it was a bit expensive for me, but I'm glad to see it, looks like high quality stuff. Obviously nowhere near what the PC guys have access to but at least it's something.

I'll be crashing and burning many, many times all over the globe I'm sure.

Well, got it all up and running, no time for a flight tonight but I poked around the menus long enough to at least turn that infernal music off. Was stunned at the number of options available that I had figured would be left off the XBox version, and I had no idea the amount of third party content available in the in-game store! Some of it was a bit expensive for me, but I'm glad to see it, looks like high quality stuff. Obviously nowhere near what the PC guys have access to but at least it's something.

I'll be crashing and burning many, many times all over the globe I'm sure.
Do your research though, there’s a lot of really poor stuff in the Market place along with some of the good stuff, especially aircraft

Do your research though, there’s a lot of really poor stuff in the Market place along with some of the good stuff, especially aircraft
Oh yeah, I would. There's nowhere near what you PC guys get, either, but I believe I recognize some of the aircraft. There's some airports and the like I don't care too much about but the Spitfire and Eurofighter Typhoon looked pretty good. They're pretty steep for a single plane though, somewhere around $35 CDN apiece, so I'm not a buyer at this point, at least until I can figure out the good from the bad. I'm just happy to see us console losers included in the fun a little, for once.

Oh yeah, I would. There's nowhere near what you PC guys get, either, but I believe I recognize some of the aircraft. There's some airports and the like I don't care too much about but the Spitfire and Eurofighter Typhoon looked pretty good. They're pretty steep for a single plane though, somewhere around $35 CDN apiece, so I'm not a buyer at this point, at least until I can figure out the good from the bad. I'm just happy to see us console losers included in the fun a little, for once.
The Spitfire is worth every penny but stay away from the Typhoon, it’s quite frankly an abomination with a Frankenstein interior of mismatched controls and flight screens which aren’t even in the real thing..just my opinion obviously but many more of us on the Flight Simulator forum share the same view

So far the game has been a very sublime experience for me, and first flight over the town I grew up in was a really beautiful moment I must say. I even managed to land on a narrow field where lightweight aircraft tours where held annually back in the early 1990s. Even all the subtle elevation changes are there. Photorealistic views in all directions once you gain a bit of altitude. Really awesome!

Meanwhile, I’ve noticed some texture bugs in World Update V. For example, the hand-crafted Bornholm airport has no buildings and the same goes for a hand-crafted football stadium in the south-western part of the Copenhagen metropolitan area. Maybe there’s more such issues in world updates, but let’s hope not.

Back