Flight Simulator

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 956 comments

Not a very good trailer compared to the first one, but July 27th is the day console players have been waiting for. Fighter jet expansion with aircraft carriers is also coming in the fall, but still not certain whether it will simulate air combat.
. Really excited for this,main reason i bought the series x straight away,I’m going to build a cockpit ready for launch day ,wife’s going to kill me when I tell her I’m a pilot now as well as a racing car driver

Not a very good trailer compared to the first one, but July 27th is the day console players have been waiting for. Fighter jet expansion with aircraft carriers is also coming in the fall, but still not certain whether it will simulate air combat.

I'm not even that fussed about the lack of combat, I just love flying the highest performance machines ever.

Same here though I won't go the extent of a cockpit but can't wait. Not too long to go.
. There’s a great video by a bloke called Hudson on YouTube explaining how to set up your controller for flying,he also has some great video’s about all the different peripherals You can add for more immersion and i have to admit I’m abit of a succour for that

. There’s a great video by a bloke called Hudson on YouTube explaining how to set up your controller for flying,he also has some great video’s about all the different peripherals You can add for more immersion and i have to admit I’m abit of a succour for that
Cheers, thanks mate I'll check it out though it sounds like it could get expensive. :lol:

A couple of companies included thrustmaster have been licensed to make console peripherals for the game so expecting them to be released quite soon or what they are and pricing
. Thrustmaster stock seems to be sold out at the moment, i think Aerosoft seems to be making some decent stuff but as yet unreleased. EDIT Aerosoft only selling stuff for Thrustmaster (sold out). and some mid to high end gear (not available) honeycomb controllers look great but not yet released for Xbox

Last edited:

Some more info on the console version, with an interview with the head of MFS.

Something which isn't clear to me is if the World Updates will be readily available on consoles as well, and if the following updates will be hand-in-hand with the PC version. Hopefully so.

Here we have an early contender. Looks pretty sweet. https://uk.turtlebeach.com/pages/velocity-one-flight
D042D702-51F6-4254-A071-D0D929140E2D.jpeg

Last edited:
Great pics, is this dlc or included In base game
It’s DLC, but at just ten quid it’s an absolute bargain

Now showing in microsoft store on xbox it said pre download, so i clicked it, i thought i was was pre downloading the game, instead it downloaded ‘something’ thats around 294Mb. Anyone know what it is ? When i select the game in my saved games it just says thanks for being interested ! looking at the game itself in the store its 90Gb so would be good to actually predownload this hefty file ready to play on launch 8am 27/7

Now showing in microsoft store on xbox it said pre download, so i clicked it, i thought i was was pre downloading the game, instead it downloaded ‘something’ thats around 294Mb. Anyone know what it is ? When i select the game in my saved games it just says thanks for being interested ! looking at the game itself in the store its 90Gb so would be good to actually predownload this hefty file ready to play on launch 8am 27/7
I have the Same with this and forma horizon 5,i think it just gives permission for the xbox to download it as soon as its available

Same here, it's been up like that for a while for me. Think I downloaded the whatever file around 2 weeks ago.

Am I reading it correctly the the base game is free with Gamepass?

The developers have said the game won’t pre-download for a specific reason, which I don’t remember. I think it was addressed in this stream, if I recall correctly:

Last edited:
I managed to buy a Series X today without pre-ordering, but I will not open it before they show us how FS plays on console. Actually, it’s kind of crazy how they have shown virtually nothing from the console version this close to the release date.

Last edited:
I managed to buy a Series X today without pre-ordering, but I will not open it before they show us how FS plays on console. Actually, it’s kind of crazy how they have shown virtually nothing from the console version this close to the release date.
The trailer is on xbox store, what more do you want ? Ive seen plenty of xbox gameplay.

The trailer is on xbox store, what more do you want ? Ive seen plenty of xbox gameplay.
The trailers are mostly cinematic, and the glimpses that resemble gameplay are too rapid to appreciate. For a start I’d like to see some actual gameplay at normal pace with the HUD enabled. Then it would also be nice to see how interactive the planes are with the default controller. The unknowns about the console version are piling up with less than two weeks to go.

Last edited:
The trailers are mostly cinematic, and the glimpses that resemble gameplay are too rapid to appreciate. For a start I’d like to see some actual gameplay at normal pace with the HUD enabled. Then it would also be nice to see how interactive the planes are with the default controller. The unknowns about the console version are piling up with less than two weeks to go.
The 27th can't come fast enough for me...I'll happily be the XSX test dummy. But I see where you're coming from for sure.

The preinstall is available now. I guess the game pass version is played through the cloud given the small install.
20210720_024121.jpg

The paid version is about 147GB.

Back