Floats Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
3827514733_8662939139.jpg

It feels a little bit empty, but the tones are just so phenomenally great! 👍

loving the Donington pictures, especialy the B/W ones, looking back through your thread you've got B/W nailed 👍

loving the Donington pictures, especialy the B/W ones, looking back through your thread you've got B/W nailed 👍

Thankyou! It's the first time I've really considered using B+W in shots as I always find it difficult to choose shots to make B+W.

👍 very clean panning. All great shots.

:D Without your advice I read in another photographers thread I would of been lost on what to do. "About 3-Stops(Shutter Priority) below your Focal Length" is such a good rule to stick with, it helped me immensely.

Thanks Nicknamealguem!

I've not been very active here lately as I've spent most of my photography time taking stuff for my course in a boring location on grey overcast days. Making Black and White images on a dull day is a real ball-ache but I have to do it for my first project. Once that is completed, due in next Monday, I shall have some more time to catch up on everyone else's galleries I've been wanting to comment on for some time. I've skimmed though and seen some really inspiring stuff and I hope I can be abit more critical in my comments from now on.

Here is an image I took a few months ago but never really bothered processing it. I've been meaning to for some time as the contrast between light and dark is really strong.

I just used Levels, Unsharp Mask and a Kodachrome 200 action.

...and I promise after next Monday I shall be alot more active around this sub-forum again, I especially look forward to everyone's Monthly Photographic Competition Entries.

I've skimmed though and seen some really inspiring stuff and I hope I can be abit more critical in my comments from now on.

Good. 👍 a bit of constructive criticism is always good.

...and I promise after next Monday I shall be alot more active around this sub-forum again, I especially look forward to everyone's Monthly Photographic Competition Entries.

You have been pretty quiet around here dude. Good to see you haven’t disappeared completely. Look forward to seeing more work from you.

You have been pretty quiet around here dude. Good to see you haven’t disappeared completely. Look forward to seeing more work from you.

Werd, I've been busy with my college photography assignment, speaking of which hear are two images I've scanned today. Taken with a Fujica STX-1 and 55mm Prime at f2.2. I used Ilford HP5 Black and White Film. I processed the film and developed the images all by myself in the college darkroom yesterday. Shame about the red saftey lights, there were lots of hot women present in that room :lol:! My first time using a Film camera, let alone developing the images myself.

3950799410_6dd2dfb3e6.jpg
3950018213_1213b60b15.jpg

Those look mighty good! I'm in love with the image of the electricity poles. There is something missing in it, however, but I cannot for the life of me lay my finger on what's actually missing.

👍 Very cool. I love developing my own shots, I used to have my own darkroom but that was a long time ago now and I really miss it. I might have to build another…hmmm.

The first shot is cool. Great texture and graining. The second one is okay but the Sky feels a little over exposed. When exposing the paper, try experimenting with dodging by covering the sky with your hand to manipulate the exposure time. It would make the shot probably a tad more dramatic.

6 More Edits. :D

** F1 Cars blasting trough**

Nice all of them, but the vigneting is too tight IMO, it kills the shots, if they were not so centered on the frame maybe the vigneting would work, but they seem like they're trying to catch the car and the car is trying to run away. I'd tone it down.

These last ones are great.

The Flower is simple, but is has a great punch and great colour combination.

The leaves seems great and a kind of abstract, which I love it 👍

The electricity pole is great and mystic, though, maybe it would have a better result if the pole were in either side of the picture, and not so centered. But is great, nonetheless 👍

Good work considering its your first time using film.

How was it not being able to preview what you had taken? It must have come as quite a culture shock, but worth it once you discover how much you can get out of printing your own work in a darkroom.

I really like the first shot of the leaves, nice and simple with some good textures in it. The second shot however does feel incomplete and for me its the lack of anything in the foreground, a better take on it may have been to have less ground in it and more of the power lines, using them to draw the eye into the picture from above.

Regards

Scaff

Thankyou. It is really wierd to begin with Scaff, I've got into the habit of looking at a screen without thinking so when shooting with film I just stare into a metal plate with a blank expression on my face. I agree about the second shot, personally I think it should have some old school football (soccer) game going on in the foreground.

I went over a couple of static shots from Donington today while feeling increadibly ill. I decided to mess about with the shadows/highlights feature in photoshop and I think this one came out quite nice. I know some of you guys don't like the effect it gives but I guess in moderation it could come in handy very often.

Woah :drool:

I love those tones. It feels like some sort of grey-ish tone lays over this photo. As if your contrast is too low with too high greys, but it's not, I love that feel! Great stuff 👍

Thanks Bram. I did another for the hell of it, this time a pan.

I wanted an old-fashioned look to it. Did I achieve?

I really like the grain in the last shot. I prefer the tones in the Porsche shot however, it has a really great film feel to it. 👍

My goodness I'm sorry for not coming here more often!

Wow. You've done some amazing things here. Your panning shots are excellent, with all the car in focus instead of my partial car - I guess its down to how the car was going past you (in terms of angle).

The Porsche has some weird tones to it, but the composition is great and looks great overall.
The Ferrari's colours are great. I see lots of people running these neo faded colours and I don't know for the life of me how you guys do it. Great composition. Were those vertical lines a pre programmed tool in PS or did you do them from scratch? They look great compliment the tones used.

Further back, B&W Film shots are great. I remember when I did film SLRs. A right paint they were too. Sure, you worked hard for your shots, but sometimes they just didn't comeout right.
Not so here. I especially like the cable tower shot. As some have said, it looks like in needs something, but I think that adds the the artistic feel of it.

As for your track work - the execution is great. All the shots appear to be in focus and all of that, but what I'd really like to see is more variety in the compositoin. When I look up this page, all the panning shots are great, but maybe you should mix it around a bit and add some new angles - just a thought. I'd like to see more of your static work at the track. Seeing from the 430 and the engine bay shot that Bram commented on, theres some great work there, and I think it'd be awesome if you experiment with new angles of cars.

Really great work here.

👍👍👍

I love that Porsche shot in Post #137. The tones are great and the composition is just sick. Wow! 👍

Your shots have made me wants to get down to Donington more. im not far away too so its pretty handy.

Thankyou for the comments guys. I know what you mean about repetitive track shots 80Y, all the interesting corners are surrounded by mile high fencing that you can't shoot though.

Here are some Macros I shot today using the neat little reverse lens trick.

4018024952_ff1acae35d.jpg

4017266157_166c06114c.jpg

4017269085_19ed7f0d50.jpg

4017271985_fbc9cb01a1.jpg

I love this little trick so much. It saves me so much money by not having to buy a Macro lens and opens up a whole new field of photography for me to explore.

Great stuff. I've always wanted to try this. 2nd shot is my favorite of the bunch but they are all cool. 👍

These are amazing!!! My favorite is the first picture, it is so EPIC in every way you see it. 👍 Do you have a bigger (wallpaper) size?

Loving the bottom one - its so....Playstationy.

Could you please tell me the technique you're using? An illustration on MS paint would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back