FM5 - The Realistic Photo Thread

• Thread starter Evian
  • 506 comments
11683076875_d3b76f528d_o.jpg

11683411293_71a5b52a17_o.jpg

^^ Aaaand more eye candy! Stunning detail as usual. Photo-realism? Erm.. no.

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

I agree to an extent, but most car shots you see in the media are heavily edited. If it is a baseline rule for photo realism, I expect we'd have to settle for poorly resolved, washed out images? After all, relatively few cameras are that spot on in terms of photo realism.*

Also, the tracks themselves are still a long way off from being photorealistic, so as good as the cars get, this area is always going to let the side down. That leads to more aperture to blur out the blocky trees or badly texture building and in doing so makes the shot less realistic. It's a tricky one for sure.

*Cameras that shoot in RAW being the general exception and some high-end enthusiast models.

In the guy's defense, he says that those pictures aren't his... but I gotta agree with Demetrius. You gotta should give** credit where it's due, King. :/

Edit: Apparently, I'm one of those type first, think later type of guys.

Last edited:
I just post the best Fm pics i find on the web. I'm not taking ay credit for them and they should feel flattered :lol:;)👍

The new Forza rear wing looks so much better than the last one. It flows much better with the body lines of most cars. I still miss the rear diffuser though...

^^ I think this trend with newer Forza games ditching good stuff from the previous games will likely never stop. I just hope FM doesn't turn into another GT-like affair, testing fan loyalty in the long run.
Yeah, they are making some strange decisions all in the name of a wider user-base. I'm not much of an online racer, but hearing about some of the exclusions is completely baffling. And then not having something as simple as the ability to tune your car between career races is infuriatingly stupid.

^^ For what it's worth, I think they're headed in a dangerous direction. What's even more stupendous is there are a handful of devs who've gone down this route, with some nasty outcomes.

Oh well, thankfully, the average consumer gets to choose between products.

@speedster, "Oh well, thankfully, the average consumer gets to choose between products." That is hitting the nail square on the head. The market will be a little more crowded soon, and folks at PD and Turn 10 will need to be much more attentive to the folks who buy their products. Competition improves the breed.

Love the reflection on that Lambo Wheel. King are you getting these from the official forums?

All this eye candy ain't worth much when you try to screw loyal fans out of their wallets with each iteration.

Just sayin'.
What you are saying is true to many, but if thats the case, disagree with them by not supporting/purchasing DLC.

Just Sayin'.

Also, this is a picture thread.

Just Sayin', again.

VXR
I can only zoom in 2x on Forzavista?
I dont have the game, but if its anything like FM4's autovista, you can go into the engine bays and snap pics as well, allowing you to get somewhat closer.

Back