FM5 - The Realistic Photo Thread

• Thread starter Evian
  • 506 comments
From when I snapped the Shelby GT500's engine bay, you couldn't get that close to the block. Maybe it's different on the MR cars.

Minty, I know this is a photo thread, but just a few quick questions if you'll bear with me!

* What's the total track count?
* How are the car upgrades and tuning this time around?
* Do you see/feel/hear a major improvement in engine sounds and race FX?
* Physics improved - how?

Love the reflection on that Lambo Wheel. King are you getting these from the official forums?

What you are saying is true to many, but if thats the case, disagree with them by not supporting/purchasing DLC.

Just Sayin'.

Also, this is a picture thread.

Just Sayin', again.

I've never bought any DLC to date, and will continue the same if I do go with the XBONE.

Yeah, I can see this is a pic thread. Just sayin'.

Speedster, the cars are much more alive compared to 4. Weight shift induced oversteer will easily catch you out, unlike the last game where you really had to mess up before you'd gone beyond the car's limits. It's an obvious difference as soon as you play the new game.

The FF cars can be thrown into corners using lift-off oversteer at last and are lots of fun because of it.

Minty, More of the Caterham Please :D And would anyone be able to tell me if the Fairlady is the exact same as it was in FM4?

I've never bought any DLC to date, and will continue the same if I do go with the XBONE.
Good for you. Stick it to the man.

Yeah, I can see this is a pic thread. Just sayin'.
Yet you still choose to fill it with unnecessary off-topic crap. Just Sayin'

I was looking around for a good place to get a silhouette shot since I got the game. Finally found it on Le Sarthe. The lighting looked far better than I ever could have expected. Totally unedited outside of the game.
You should try entering these into the FM.net competitions. They look fantastic.

Koenigsegg_11_1920.jpg

Who remembers the above? With next gen we are not far off now!! Wow to those images
Gran Turismo 7 on PS4…. hope! sorry for OT :P

VXR
Speedster, the cars are much more alive compared to 4. Weight shift induced oversteer will easily catch you out, unlike the last game where you really had to mess up before you'd gone beyond the car's limits. It's an obvious difference as soon as you play the new game.

The FF cars can be thrown into corners using lift-off oversteer at last and are lots of fun because of it.

The two things you described just now are very much present in FM4.

Maybe they're better represented in FM5.

Funny, you said the same thing about the sound but the sound placement is noticeably more pronounced in FM5.

Perhaps you need to experience the game in real life so you can make your own comparisons? As you don't seem to accept any made by people who have actually played both games.

Last edited:
Will do, at some point.

Thank you. :D

Never really thought about it, but I just dropped these into the latest Photocomp.
11427083336_f6f2a8e58d_b.jpg

Glad you made it into Week F before they closed, I think this one of yours belongs here too. Love the saturation of the lighting, looks like real sunshine LOL.

Glad you made it into Week F before they closed, I think this one of yours belongs here too. Love the saturation of the lighting, looks like real sunshine LOL.
Thanks, but that one I actually posted a few weeks ago. It just popped back into my head as soon as you gave me the idea to enter a Photocomp.

Thanks, but that one I actually posted a few weeks ago. It just popped back into my head as soon as you gave me the idea to enter a Photocomp.
oops, my bad. Either way I hope you do well, the judges must be blind if they don't pick you LOL.

well thats just... creepy.. Hes not even staring the same direction as everyone haha.

EDIT: nevermind. It seems the crowd is unsure of where to be looking

They are far more pronounced in the handling model of 5 than 4. I went back on four the other day and took a Carrera RS around the ring and it was very easy to exploit. Try the same sort of driving in 5 without taking much care with what you're doing and it won't be the odd camber change that causes your car to spin, it'll be a near instant reaction to your hamfisted driving.

Sorry your pics didn't get picked Minty. You were up against some stiff competition (Bushido etc) but I still think those blind judges robbed you blind. :)

Ah well, I might try again if I get some more good shots. I do wish more of the winners would have posted in the competition thread, though. I'd at least like to see what all the winners had up.

I do have to question their judgement, though on some of these. I really feel like this deserved the win so much more than the one winner that posted in the thread:
11766338856_907a4ed4bc_z.jpg

(Photo credit to Pebb)

And thanks, @King1982 .

Last edited:

I like how the crowd looks more believable this time. It looks like everybody's in the race, except for this guy in the middle, who's zoned out and from the looks of it is probably getting ready to get abducted by aliens.

Dudes on the far left seem to be getting in line for something - Aston Martin flags anyone?

Wierd!

Back