FM7 vs. PCars 2 vs. GT:Sport

I remember one particular car - I think it was the Lotus E21 - being misrepresented as costing nearly eighty pounds' worth of tokens because the accuser used the smallest denomination token packs to arrive at the total. Using the largest packs it cost a lot less iirc.

Last edited:
I don't know why people compare two different things. These two games are for two different audiences.

I'll get both, but Forza 7 is the one I'll be spending all my time on. You simply can beat the quality of content it offers. I see Forza as what Gran Turismo used to be; the Gran Turismo I used to be fan of.

even without the glitch (there where MANY ways to cheat the system), you could earn fair and square more than a couple of hundrend thousand per hour.
and thats without adding all the minor stuff that adds money to you.
so, think about that for a minute, and answer not to me, but to yourself: was there really a reason for this uproar?
was EVER forza motorsport 5 the worst offender of microtransactions? or even close?
it sure was painted that way...

and do you like it now better, where you have probably dozens of millions sitting and your garages full?

ps
I just checked you out like you suggested :D , it seems you didnt get to play before patch too. => it perfectly explains why you say this.

and yes, your/our friend Brend, coming to lecture me with his measly two hours in a game I've spent thousands in and know inside-out, also lying about having played the game when said economy was in place, yeap, that's a perfectly good reason for me, not to invalidate "issues the game had", since thats (the original economy) clearly up for debate, but just invalidade Brend's authority on the matter.
:lol:

For as long as you think people must meet your obscene time played criteria to have a discussion about this you'll continue to live in this echo chamber that Forza 5 at launch didn't require any changes.

I'm done dealing with your obsessive rants about how the world was against Forza 5 at launch. The continued ignorance so far to even refute that Turn 10 altered the economy for the better is frankly baffling. You still aren't using correct punctuation either.

even without the glitch (there where MANY ways to cheat the system), you could earn fair and square more than a couple of hundrend thousand per hour.
and thats without adding all the minor stuff that adds money to you.
See, the issue here is that you're misconstruing the issue because it wasn't one for you apparently. You're choosing to ignore the many that had an issue with it, essentially ignoring the facts because you didn't have an issue. Hours is usually not an amount of time that someone has to sit down to earn the relatively small amount of money in order to buy cars that where outrageously priced.

so, think about that for a minute, and answer not to me, but to yourself: was there really a reason for this uproar?
Yes. It's as if you haven't read my replies that have repeatedly stated it.

was EVER forza motorsport 5 the worst offender of microtransactions? or even close?
it sure was painted that way...
Yes, it was.

and do you like it now better, where you have probably dozens of millions sitting and your garages full?
Why would I care about it anymore? Not only was it two iterations, and 4 years ago, but it has since been rectified.

ps
I just checked you out like you suggested :D , it seems you didnt get to play before patch too. => it perfectly explains why you say this.
It doesn't matter if I played before, after, or during, these are issues that plagued the game upon release, something you seemingly are trying to ignore just because people have played after it was rectified. I may have not played at the beginning, but I've been following Forza titles, all of them, from the get go.

turn10 had their AAA launch game get a mark of 80metacritic, which is more than 10% less than their standard.
and metacritic is a metric that people in that industry are judged from.
reason: microtransactions and low content.

everyone who has a functioning brain, might sit for 10 minutes and examine what forza5 offered, what it was burned for, what other games offered at that time, what other games offered later, what other games offer now,
and come to his own conclusions.
and the smart conclusions, will be broader than for forza 5 alone.

this all I have to say on this matter, I dont see conversation moving on in a fruitful way.
anybody that has anything about this, feel free to pm me

I never understood why people buy in-game credits with real money. Sure, some cars in Forza may require an effort to obtain, but isn't the whole point of gaming to have fun while making an effort? Some call it grinding but I'd probably lose 50% of my long-terms motivation if everything was immediately unlocked by my credit card. Collecting cars in gradual steps is an element that keeps me coming back to Forza, in addition to the gameplay of course.

FM7 vs PC2 = FM5 discussion?

I don't understand all the T10 bashing going on recently when it's SMS that has continually failed to deliver an enjoyable experience with game breaking glitches and poor optimisation. NFS Shift was an absolute mess with bumpy suspension physics, Shift 2 wasn't exactly any better, and we all know the issues that plagued PC1 when it came out. While PC2 does look good on paper, I can't help but feel it's a bit of smoke and mirrors to try and make us forget their past, and I don't think I'm falling for it just yet, especially going by the early E3 feedback we've had.

I never understood why people buy in-game credits with real money. Sure, some cars in Forza may require an effort to obtain, but isn't the whole point of gaming to have fun while making an effort? Some call it grinding but I'd probably lose 50% of my long-terms motivation if everything was immediately unlocked by my credit card. Collecting cars in gradual steps is an element that keeps me coming back to Forza, in addition to the gameplay of course.
Lots of reasons. Money, Money and no time, Money, and probably money. In all seriousness I don't see why anyone would buy in game currency either, but taking advantage of glitches never stopped me, in any way, from enjoying the game any more or any less. I didn't go and immediately buy everything, I still purchased cars in gradual steps as I liked tuning and using everything I purchased.

I don't understand all the T10 bashing going on recently when it's SMS that has continually failed to deliver an enjoyable experience with game breaking glitches and poor optimisation. NFS Shift was an absolute mess with bumpy suspension physics, Shift 2 wasn't exactly any better, and we all know the issues that plagued PC1 when it came out. While PC2 does look good on paper, I can't help but feel it's a bit of smoke and mirrors to try and make us forget their past, and I don't think I'm falling for it just yet, especially going by the early E3 feedback we've had.
Unfortunately we probably wont have an good idea about how that game is running until its closer to it's release date, I'd imagine.

ok, to get back on topic, lets see you guys, that are going to get PCARS2 instead of FORZA6 , ON XBOX ONE / XBOX ONE S
write below please, and also if its not too much of a bother, write your a) performance expectations b) control expectations c) bug expectations

it's time I learned something out of this topic :D

Since this thread was at one time about comparing Forza Motorsport 7 to Project CARS 2:

1. Does Project CARS 2 have an economy system, or any form of currency in-game at all?
  2. If there is no in-game economy system, how does a player gain access to new cars?
  3. If there is no unlocking system, does that mean that the game's entire car roster is available to use in Career/Multiplayer right away?
  4. Can the cars be upgraded (new engines, body kits, parts) or only be tuned?
  5. Are there any unlockables in the game, outside of cars?
  6. Will the game have any microtransactions?
I haven't been following the news on that game, and am genuinely curious.
Reposting for new page as it got lost at the end of the previous.

For me (with games like The Crew 1 anyway) it's sometimes isn't, despite these games being addictive to play. There were some non story missions that given you cash in The Crew, but they require you to spend minutes (or even hours!) just to get enough money you needed to spend on cars or whatever stuff you wanted. So I ended up buying its tokens that were on sell back then, but stopped afterwards. Now in Forza, money is now never an issue which I'm very thankful for. The Crew, please, never be like that one.

I'm also not going to defend FM5's economy either, which was terrible at launch from what I've heard. So it is great that T10/MS learned their lesson from it. 👍

:lol:

For as long as you think people must meet your obscene time played criteria to have a discussion about this you'll continue to live in this echo chamber that Forza 5 at launch didn't require any changes.

I'm done dealing with your obsessive rants about how the world was against Forza 5 at launch. The continued ignorance so far to even refute that Turn 10 altered the economy for the better is frankly baffling. You still aren't using correct punctuation either.
You can laugh but
There's a whole world of difference between "obscene time played" and ONE HOUR and 50 MINUTES, especially for a game like forza. I mean, intros and cut scenes and starting gifts and narrators time aside, where does that leave you?
Let alone to judge its economy, which you NEVER experienced yourself, even for one second of that one hour fifty, no matter you lied you did.

In fact, I am amazed how someone with so zero experience on the subject, has such a large mouth about it against someone who has experience and states facts (I wrote above, you could earn upwards of 200k/hour with just normal play, without resorting to any trickery of the system or adding the little extras. I guess maybe your "expertise" doesnt allow you to even translate to what this means..). Robot said he cheated his way into millions. You think he is a hacker or something?

Also, refuting something does not equal to "ignorance". never had, never will. I said that for the in-game economy to have any real substance, forza 5 was on a good way -better than previous game to be exact, that needed maybe refinements and not ...doubling up and messing it entirely.
Proof that any forza player can see, to is check their garages/moneys inside the game.

Over and out of this, unless you have more to add.

Last edited:
You can laugh but
There's a whole world of difference between "obscene time played" and ONE HOUR and 50 MINUTES, especially for a game like forza. I mean, intros and cut scenes and starting gifts and narrators time aside, where does that leave you?
Let alone to judge its economy, which you NEVER experienced yourself, even for one second of that one hour fifty, no matter you lied you did.
Would have been an issue if the cutscenes and the like where, well you know, more than a minute? Those weren't an issue in the slightest and takes away absolutely nothing about the point.

I think its absolutely foolish to say that because he played after the fact, that a negative aspect of the game can't be discussed. T10 hardly changes their game mechanics, so for them to completely alter it soon after release says much about how much of this issue you're choosing to ignore, rather than go off the facts we have from a general consensus. I see lots of things wrong with games that I don't have, but why does that means I can't bring them up in a thread, and talk about how I'm not liking the way it looks?

In fact, I am amazed how someone with so zero experience on the subject, has such a large mouth about it against someone who has experience and states facts (I wrote above, you could earn upwards of 200k/hour with just normal play, without resorting to any trickery of the system or adding the little extras. I guess maybe your "expertise" doesnt allow you to even translate to what this means..). Robot said he cheated his way into millions. You think he is a hacker or something?
You've stated little facts, if anything, hes stating facts too. Hell, you've came in with claims that you have not backed up, and you've disregarding posts about things that have been heavily documented, just because the poster hasn't played as long as you'd like them to. Because you choose to ignore things doesn't make them not an issue. This is a case that doesn't not even require playing, because of how documented it is. All it takes is a read up to understand the grasp of the situation.

Just because you didn't have a problem with it, doesn't mean it wasn't a problem. It wasn't a problem for you, it was a problem for many, though.

Over and out of this, unless you have more to add.
Hopefully this is true, this time.

You ain't helping me do that by posting the above, but I'll let it slide
You're not helping anything. Unnecessary hostility, accusation of lies and misinformation when there is none, and all around just ignoring points because people haven't played X game X amount of time.

You're not helping anything. 1. Unnecessary hostility, 2. accusation of lies and 3 . misinformation when there is none, and all around just ignoring points 4. because people haven't played X game X amount of time.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ok, if you want it...

1. first thing he had to say to me is "bring proof or you are a liar". enough said.
2. not accussed, proven! BIG difference. when you try calling me a liar, you better wish you dont lie yourself.
3. text is still there, go read it. mixing the whaling game with natural game progression is a big no-no. and elsewhere too.
4. nope, because he had not a clue about forza 5 or how its economy was or how it went. statisitics just prove it for those who are not familiar with the game. I knew it from the start, and even let him know in advance how it would go. correct? and he dismissed my first hand experience, and by the way I think you are doing this too!

1. first thing he had to say to me is "bring proof or you are a liar". enough said.
Well, you've proved yourself a liar. He asked for proof, you provided none. Unnecessary hostility ensued because of you and the claims you've made that you can't back up.

2. not accussed, proven! BIG difference. when you try calling me a liar, you better wish you dont lie yourself.
3. text is still there, go read it. mixing the whaling game with natural game progression is a big no-no. and elsewhere too.
So again

I have read through it, and that's the problem, I don't see it. So put a little more effort into it instead of just flying in with claims that you don't want to back up. Where specifically is he spreading misinformation?
So if you don't want to point out what specifically hes lying about and spreading misinformation, than again, consider yourself a liar.

4. nope, because he had not a clue about forza 5 or how its economy was or how it went. statisitics just prove it for those who are not familiar with the game. I knew it from the start, and even let him know in advance how it would go. correct? and he dismissed my first hand experience, and by the way I think you are doing this too!
The whole damn gaming community has a clue. This is not a case of "you have to had played it to understand." It's very well documented so get over the bs. Its absolutely stupid to go about it that way. Your first hand experience is nothing but personal opinion, its easy to dismiss when the vast majority was literally the complete opposite. Cool, you thought it was fine, alright, but that doesn't change anything about what happened and why it went down.

He asked for proof that the internet outcry for forza 5 was engineered, and not relating to real situation.
I gave what in my opinion is a start path for anybody who can think that can follow and check out himself. I'm not anybody's daddy here afaik. But I also gave some very basic numbers.
If I am expected to present a contract saying: "dear internets parrots, defame forza, your boss xxx", sorry, and good luck in life to anybody having a logic like that.
I also said from start that with all the people that we were playing forza 5 those days, we all had the same conversation: how ****ed up is the internet
Nobody was facing problems with economy back then. only "the internet". And I presented ~proof to forza players that may have jumped in later, asking them to go check their garages and their in-game money, and figure out if its meaningful or not as it changed.
Truth is that everything xbox was hated by the internet at that time. -and NO, I am not going to google it up for you, like I won't the stuff above.
And the problem with blind fire, anybody who knows basics, knows what it is.

even game sites had ...calculations about how many ...months (lol) would take to unlock expensive car without forking out extra dollars
It's funny that you said this earlier in the thread, and then say

In fact, I am amazed how someone with so zero experience on the subject, has such a large mouth about it against someone who has experience and states facts (I wrote above, you could earn upwards of 200k/hour with just normal play,
You've literally provided proof to the claims people were making, and shot down yourself. I game ranging from 1-2 hours every couple of days, how long would that have taken? If I play an hour every single day getting just one of the mid range, 6mil price tagged cars, would have taken 30 days had they not done anything to the economy. That's if I play every single day, in which I don't. I for one am glad that the economy was fixed before I came around, because that sounds horrendous.

He asked for proof that the internet outcry for forza 5 was engineered, and not relating to real situation.
I gave what in my opinion is a start path for anybody who can think that can follow and check out himself. I'm not anybody's daddy here afaik. But I also gave some very basic numbers.
Except there was no "In my opinion" anywhere. So that was your fault that it was perceived that way, no one elses. You've got called on your claim, had no proof, so in turn, you are a liar. Especially now more than than, because you are continuing down this path.

If I am expected to present a contract saying: "dear internets parrots, defame forza, your boss xxx", sorry, and good luck in life to anybody having a logic like that.
Don't make absolutely baseless claims if you don't want to get called on them. Hell, its the rules of the forums. We've all gotten by just fine.

Nobody was facing problems with economy back then. only "the internet".
That makes absolute no sense. The internet in this case is part of a collective of people that had an issue with said game. Lets look at it another way. T10 never changes their underlying game that dramatically, ever, so if it wasn't an issue at all, than why would they go so far to halve it by nearly 50%? Because there was an issue, you just didn't agree with it.

And I presented ~proof to forza players that may have jumped in later, asking them to go check their garages and their in-game money, and figure out if its meaningful or not as it changed.
You've presented no proof. You've asked to go check our garages. What does that have to do with anything? It doesn't change the issue that was in the past. Its 2 games and 4 years later now.

Cars were available for you to drive though. you seem to miss this part.
And the most expensive car in the game, the "end-game" if you like, is hardly the proper way to judge a game's economy, especially when cars start at what? 10k? and mods at a fraction of that. How much time it takes to unlock the perfect loadout in battefield for example?
Can't say I'm seeing same with you on this, sorry.

Also, I clearly stated it was my opinion in my original post, and re-wrote that on my first answer to your friend. strange how you write so detailed but remember so general.

Cars were available for you to drive though. you seem to miss this part.
I didn't, but that wasn't until after the economy changed that you are allowed to drive them all for free. Didn't you have to rent them before?

I like to customize my cars, tune them, make them whatever color combos I want. I want the car. Driving a single arcade race in single player is not the same thing whatsoever. I've never touched arcade mode at all, in any of the games.

And the most expensive car in the game, the "end-game" if you like, is hardly the proper way to judge a game's economy, especially when cars start at what? 10k? and mods at a fraction of that.
Stop moving the goal posts. You posted another "Fact" which just doesn't line up and contradict what you've stated prior. You shot down the fact that people claimed it would take 1 month+ to get these cars, and yet, you've just proved them true.

Can't say I'm seeing same with you on this, sorry.
As if that wasn't fairly obvious.

Again you miss the fact that as I said, I got them within days...
Lotus included. You know, reading the internets up 'till then had an effect on me. I rushed to get the expensive cars because of what I read everywhere, this spoiled my natural game progression and there I was a week later with all expensive cars and feeling very stupid for believing stupid things.

You clearly prefer to learn nothing out of my experience. Well hopefully somebody else does.. ;)

Again you miss the fact that as I said, I got them within days...
There was nothing to miss there because it does nothing to disprove the fact that this was an issue to the general consensus. It was so much of an issue that T10 jumped at the chance to rectify it, and that's out of character for something so massive. It just makes it not an issue for you. You had time, good for you. Look at my example though since you're clamoring on about missing things.

You clearly prefer to learn nothing out of my experience. Well hopefully somebody else does.. ;)
There's nothing to learn from someone dismissing literal and obvious problems that plagued a game early on in its launch, just because "I did it, so it's not an issue."

There was an issue, and it was fixed/alleviated. You not having the same problem doesn't make it non-existent.

General concesus of who? of people that didnt play the game and just cry about it? yeah, sure, I'll give you that.

Plus, it really doesn't take a genius to figure out that with the xbox launch gone horribly wrong, pressure was up, entire sales down, forza being a flagship title being hit every day, a lot more than them or their game was at stake.
Now, if this thing you understand as "T10 jumped at the chance to rectify it", ok, I guess I will ...give you that too?

Again I'm out of this, unless there is more..

duty_calls.png

Back