Fonts that you love and hate: Typographical discussion.

• Thread starter Pupik
  • 276 comments
TB
The slab serifs for all the applicable letters make the naked 'M' and 'W' stand out to me but I understand the reason for the omission. Other than that, I give it a 20/20. :dopey:

Was worried about those two, to be honest. Should I just cheat and make them wider so I can add serifs? I'm making this for custom jokey eye chart designs... And with the wide spacing, it may not be so noticeable.

Like this?

63614264.png

Yes, that is just an abomination of your 'V'.

I think for the 'W' that looks fine but the 'M' might still have some issues you'll need to work out.

I would probably serif the bottom, too.

Hmmm... even from that small size, it's noticeable how much wider it is... might not work out the way I want it to. I'll try to find some variation of "E" rotation that gives me the results I want... but mere rotation didn't work for "Z" to "N", and I don't want to look like a total newb when I finish with this! :lol:

I'm beginning to wish I hadn't thought this up for my T-Shirt design in the first place... argh. Most people just cheat and use the closest match they can find from the fonts bin!

Does anyone know what typeface this is?

rUdd4.gif

It's from Korea's 2009 WBC team.

Verdana, Tahoma, Bookman Old Style, Courier New, Transport, Johnston, Rail Alphabet - Big likes.

I don't mind the forum default, either. It's simple enough.

Sorry to bring this back up, but I'm having trouble finding out which font this is.

44974702.png

If anyone could tell me, I would appreciate it. The problem is I have a very limited selection of letters to work with, so pages like Identifont can't really help me. The lowercase "t" in "Fútbol" is probably the most distinguished letter of the font.

Sorry to bring this back up, but I'm having trouble finding out which font this is.

44974702.png

If anyone could tell me, I would appreciate it. The problem is I have a very limited selection of letters to work with, so pages like Identifont can't really help me. The lowercase "t" in "Fútbol" is probably the most distinguished letter of the font.

It's Coolvetica

I'm still shocked at the amount of people who hate Comic Sans MS. For me, it is the most likeable font of all due to the way it looks more friendly and generally less serious than anything else.

For the record, the group trying to ban this font is about as childish and immature as the WBC...

Some gems here:

*snip*

Indeed 👍. For those looking for quality free fonts, I stumbled upon this the other day and the variety is appreciated:

http://webdesignledger.com/freebies/best-free-fonts-of-2012

I'm still shocked at the amount of people who hate Comic Sans MS. For me, it is the most likeable font of all due to the way it looks more friendly and generally less serious than anything else.

For the record, the group trying to ban this font is about as childish and immature as the WBC...

There are plenty of other fonts that are friendly, while being designed well, and without reeking of unprofessionalism. Comic Sans is just an ugly font with very little use in the real world. Though I'll admit banning it is a bit too much; it's like Zoidberg in Futurama, or Chevy Chase in Community. We need it to be the punching bag.

Museo has been a favourite of mine for some time now. I've used it in nearly all my presentation projects in class, so I feel like it's part of my identity in a small-ish group of people. Another classmate, who typically favours heavy Blackoak-style fonts (or condensed ones of similar design), used it for a recent assignment and is planning on using it for all his future assignments. Just slightly annoying, as I'm the one who showed it to him!

Back