Football Manager

• Thread starter Sureboss
  • 197 comments
I'm gonna be picking up the Android edition in the next few days, worth the £7?

In 2012, I switched off the 2d match as it didn't seem that good.

It does seem to be better now, although I've only done half a dozen games so far. The text does seem to be a bit behind the match engine, but it gives you a chance to watch it, then look down to confirm who scored, so I don't know if that's by design.

It's obviously not as detailed as the PC version, and you're stuck in the one league for the duration of the game, but it takes you back to Champ Man 00-01 which is no bad thing in my book. The more recent PC releases have been too detailed for my liking.

Tell me that I don't have to do press conferences and I'm sold!

Classic
I'm gonna be picking up the Android edition in the next few days, worth the £7?
I think so. Some folk say it is too expensive, but the way I see it is I paid 25 quid for CM 00/01 and this does more than that.
Sureboss
Tell me that I don't have to do press conferences and I'm sold!

You don't have to do press conferences.

It works if you play it in the A-League.

I picked FM2013 up for Christmas on my PC, haven't started a full-on career mode just yet but am planning one ahead with Roma.

I think it's fair to say I'm still liking FMH...

picture.php

Finished 3rd in '13/'14

Stats from the season I've just finished.

picture.php

That's a record number of goals and a record number of points.

OK, so I used "Sugar Daddy," but considering I sold Ojamaa and McFadden (who I signed on a free at the start of the game) for 2.5 million each, and all the players I've brought in have been free (except for 600k for a defender from Barcelona B) I don't think I've bought my way to success. Most of the money has went on increasing wages. Even then, at the start of the game, I was able to offer 5 grand a week on wages, and everyone was below that until the last season when I had to re-negotiate some contracts

Last edited:
Hamilton?

The League Cup final of 2017 was Motherwell vs Hamilton.

I won. :D

Also got to the last 16 of the Champions league, but was beaten 3-0 on aggregate by Atletico Madrid (who went on to win it...)

Oh, and Rangers got promoted twice in a row to the 1st division, but have stayed there ever since.

So what is classic mode?

Classic mode is basically just a more simplistic mode of play. No press conferences, no faffing, basic management and streamlined options. Can cruise through a season or 2 in a weekend. Great fun and a good addition for those like me who just dont wanna deal with everything the full mode offers.

That sounds like something that would interest me, but it also sounds very much like the experience the handheld version gives too, so I'll just stick to the Android handheld version. It's much handier having it always available without having to hog our laptop or go upstairs to the PC.

Here's my formation.

picture.php

It does tend to leak a bit more goals than I would like, but the attack is awesome, and I tend to score more than they do. Just ask Galatasaray and Ajax...

picture.php

picture.php

A Scot in charge of England? That'll work...

Take the job and then try your hardest to get the worst possible results you can. The question is, will anybody notice the difference from previous managers.

I did take it, and I've qualified for the European Championships of 2028. The groups have been drawn for the finals, and England and Scotland are in the same group....

There's a dilemma right there.

Hey im sorry to bump an old thread but I really want to play FM having never played it before and im not sure if my laptop is up to it as its 6 years old, whats the minimum specification the games can run on?

Hey im sorry to bump an old thread but I really want to play FM having never played it before and im not sure if my laptop is up to it as its 6 years old, whats the minimum specification the games can run on?
According to Steam;

Minimum:
Processor: Intel Pentium 4, Intel Core AMD, Athlon. Windows XP: 1.6GHz+, Windows Vista/7/8: 2.2GHz+
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel GMA X3100: 128MB VRAM
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 3 GB available space

It will likely be able to run it, however you may have to cut the game down a little. If you try to load a bunch of leagues and players, then it will lag. I have a pretty fast PC with 16GB RAM and it still takes a while to advance when you have 90,000+ players loaded.

Also the 3D engine makes the game run slower. You can play in 2D though. I like the vintage feel of the 2D so I don't mind. That's often how I'll play it on my laptop.

Back