Ford Builds its Ten Millionth Mustang

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by GTPNewsWire, Aug 9, 2018.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

breyzipp likes this.
  2. Famine

Famine Administrator

I originally titled this article "Ford Mustang Hits Ten Million", but I figured people would think it was referring to a particularly bad accident outside a car meet.

Slash, EngieDiesel, JR98 and 20 others like this.
  3. VetteZR1

VetteZR1

Born and raised in Dearborn and still remember my 6th grade class rushing to the windows to see a new mustang that was parked across the street. Mustang mania started that first day and continues today. I chose to drive GM cars because all of my friends drove Fords and I wanted to be different. Always have had a soft spot in my heart for Mustangs and would love to own a new one but rear wheel drives won't get me down the snow covered roads here in rural Michigan. Except for the Mustang II all versions have been sharp. Hope they build a few million more!

SPhilli911 likes this.
  4. PavilionParty

PavilionParty

I had to spend a week doing PLC work down in the Flat Rock plant. It's amazing that such an antiquated, depressing facility can produce such nice cars (they also make Lincolns there). Auto plants are rarely bright, cheerful places, but Flat Rock in particular is noticeably outdated and insanely filthy.

That doesn't seem to stop most of the state. I see Mustangs and Chargers driving through the dead of winter, Corvettes and Jaguars driving across gravel and potholes during construction here in the city.

VetteZR1 likes this.
  5. Joey D

Joey D Contributing Writer

I think you'd be fine. I have a couple buddies that work for Ford or Ford suppliers that have Mustangs and commute with little issue all year around. My good buddy drives from Rochester Hills to Dearborn every day (which sounds absolutely dreadful) and he has the Ecoboost Stang with a Ford Racing tune on it. All he does it put winter tires on it from November through April. Prior to that, he had a 5.0 GT that was more or less converted to a Boss 302 Laguna Seca Edition.

I also like your signature of "same old Lions" :lol:

VetteZR1 and CountessGardy like this.
  6. Francisnf

Francisnf

I've just bought a Mustang GT, 5litre V8, stick shift. Arrives Christmas :)

7. Bogie 19th

Bogie 19th

I bought a new Mustang, and I live in Wisconsin. I drive it all winter long. On the SUPER BAD days, I take my wife's Jeep Wrangler. I think I took her Jeep 4 times this past winter.

VetteZR1 likes this.
  8. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

Yay! Happy 10 millionth Mustang! :D
    Here is to another 10 million Mustangs!

9. JensC

JensC

All Mustangs are cool, but not all of them are beautiful. The most beautiful one in my opinion is the '64-'65, and the ugliest ones are the '73-'93.
    Those are ugly. So boxy and not worthy of the Mustang name!

10. All Your Base

All Your Base

Uhh...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I fail to see how any of these are "ugly", especially that '73 Mach 1.

Also, I know I'm a bit late on this, but happy 10 million Mustangs!

11. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

I'm just guessing, but it's possible he meant the Mustang II, since it showed up in dealers in the tail end of '73.

Personally, I don't think I'd call the SVO pretty, either. It hasn't aged terribly well, and looks more like a Japanese take on the Mustang of the time than one itself. I do have a soft spot for the third one you posted though...

All Your Base and Turbo like this.
  12. SleezyBigSlim

SleezyBigSlim

The Mustang is the first car I've ever known as my mom had one when I was a kid. Fingers crossed I hope to snatch up a 2018 5.0 at the end of the year, waiting for the inevitable Christmas sale.