Ford Builds its Ten Millionth Mustang

Born and raised in Dearborn and still remember my 6th grade class rushing to the windows to see a new mustang that was parked across the street. Mustang mania started that first day and continues today. I chose to drive GM cars because all of my friends drove Fords and I wanted to be different. Always have had a soft spot in my heart for Mustangs and would love to own a new one but rear wheel drives won't get me down the snow covered roads here in rural Michigan. Except for the Mustang II all versions have been sharp. Hope they build a few million more!

I had to spend a week doing PLC work down in the Flat Rock plant. It's amazing that such an antiquated, depressing facility can produce such nice cars (they also make Lincolns there). Auto plants are rarely bright, cheerful places, but Flat Rock in particular is noticeably outdated and insanely filthy.

Always have had a soft spot in my heart for Mustangs and would love to own a new one but rear wheel drives won't get me down the snow covered roads here in rural Michigan.
That doesn't seem to stop most of the state. I see Mustangs and Chargers driving through the dead of winter, Corvettes and Jaguars driving across gravel and potholes during construction here in the city.

Always have had a soft spot in my heart for Mustangs and would love to own a new one but rear wheel drives won't get me down the snow covered roads here in rural Michigan.

I think you'd be fine. I have a couple buddies that work for Ford or Ford suppliers that have Mustangs and commute with little issue all year around. My good buddy drives from Rochester Hills to Dearborn every day (which sounds absolutely dreadful) and he has the Ecoboost Stang with a Ford Racing tune on it. All he does it put winter tires on it from November through April. Prior to that, he had a 5.0 GT that was more or less converted to a Boss 302 Laguna Seca Edition.

I also like your signature of "same old Lions" :lol:

I bought a new Mustang, and I live in Wisconsin. I drive it all winter long. On the SUPER BAD days, I take my wife's Jeep Wrangler. I think I took her Jeep 4 times this past winter.

All Mustangs are cool, but not all of them are beautiful. The most beautiful one in my opinion is the '64-'65, and the ugliest ones are the '73-'93.
Those are ugly. So boxy and not worthy of the Mustang name!

All Mustangs are cool, but not all of them are beautiful. The most beautiful one in my opinion is the '64-'65, and the ugliest ones are the '73-'93.
Those are ugly. So boxy and not worthy of the Mustang name!

Uhh...
ce80cdd03fadd278d6970843c127a1ff.jpg

2016-02-10_19-52-42.jpg

1486274866936.jpg

I fail to see how any of these are "ugly", especially that '73 Mach 1.

Also, I know I'm a bit late on this, but happy 10 million Mustangs!

Uhh...
I fail to see how any of these are "ugly", especially that '73 Mach 1.

Also, I know I'm a bit late on this, but happy 10 million Mustangs!

I'm just guessing, but it's possible he meant the Mustang II, since it showed up in dealers in the tail end of '73.

Personally, I don't think I'd call the SVO pretty, either. It hasn't aged terribly well, and looks more like a Japanese take on the Mustang of the time than one itself. I do have a soft spot for the third one you posted though...

The Mustang is the first car I've ever known as my mom had one when I was a kid. Fingers crossed I hope to snatch up a 2018 5.0 at the end of the year, waiting for the inevitable Christmas sale.

Back