Ford Mark IV or Ferrari 330 P?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_ken_b
  • 53 comments
  • 7,821 views
Messages
138
Messages
ken_b
Hey peeps, so as I continue to grind in the Special Events, I am getting close to the 20 million level. I already own the Jag, so of these two late 60's le mans cars...which should be my next purchase? thx.
 
Ford FTW!
 
330P4 is probably easier to drive but I find the Mark IV so much more pleasurable. The sound is better, it's still easy to drive and I think it looks better. :O
 
The sound of the ford alone is worth 20 mil.
 
dont purchase them,it would a waste of money,believe me.its not easy to earn 20mill nowadays.so keep ur money and try to get birthday ticket of 1967.

here's the stat for this ticket
probability of getting :
Mark IV OR P4 : 1/5
Mark IV : 1/10
P4 : 1/10

it's a pretty decent chance :)
hope this help

its a good fun car but it's A car :)
 
thanks for the replies. I'll probably go for the Ford, I'd prefer the driving challenge. I don't mind spending the 20 million, the game certainly isn't going any where and I enjoy playing. thx again.
 
The power of Ford compels you...
The power of Ford compels you...
 
I was in the same situation last week and I bought the Ford :D
 
The power of Ford compels you...
The power of Ford compels you...

Classic dude!! So now I'm possessed to grind a bit more and buy the Ford!

As long as the Special Event pay out is blown up, the grind really isn't that bad...although I was tempted to buy one of the formula Ferrari's and grind on those events...I love decisions that revolve around a hobby!!!
 
Ford the win!
 
I was just about to post a similar thread, looks like the ford is 1st up
 
Yeah, I think Ford is the way to go. Thank you Mr. Shelby!! I look forward to getting it in my stable.
 
If your trying to get it for a race you can add me because I have the Ford online
Luckily A friend gave it to me before the trade cap because getting 20mil is hard .. even with people racing your B-specs
 
If your trying to get it for a race you can add me because I have the Ford online
Luckily A friend gave it to me before the trade cap because getting 20mil is hard .. even with people racing your B-specs

Thanks man, I just want the car to continue and dork out! I'm just going to wait until I grind a bit more, then buy the Ford. Peace!
 
dont purchase them,it would a waste of money,believe me.its not easy to earn 20mill nowadays.so keep ur money and try to get birthday ticket of 1967.

here's the stat for this ticket
probability of getting :
Mark IV OR P4 : 1/5
Mark IV : 1/10
P4 : 1/10

it's a pretty decent chance :)
hope this help

its a good fun car but it's A car :)
When the pay for seasonals is tripled like it is now, I don't think most people would agree with you.
If you're saving for a 20m car, then now would be the time to.
 
When the pay for seasonals is tripled like it is now, I don't think most people would agree with you.
If you're saving for a 20m car, then now would be the time to.

For those of us who have no interest in constantly doing the same race over and over again, then earning $20mill is certainly not easy....
 
For those of us who have no interest in constantly doing the same race over and over again, then earning $20mill is certainly not easy....

No one likes grinding, but I was saying with the better pay for a limited time, you might aswell grind now.
 
Last edited:
Enzo Ferrari would rise from the grave and beat you silly if you picked the Ford.
 
I like both really much, but somehow my opinion is: Ford MKIV Race Car '67
Or buy a Miura and save 5 million, then buy Mazda 7B7B!
 
Dont buy it :)

Get a lvl 21 ticket there you can get the Ferrari :) and still own 20.000.000c
 
I have both, and the XJ13, and I have to say that the ford is more fun to drive but I get faster laps with the Ferrari. That being said, I find the jag faster and more fun to drive than either.

And like someone else said, you're better off trading for a '67 ticket, you could end up with both for less than $20 mil in trades.
 
I have all 3 and i can say they're all fun to drive. The MKIV is alot easier to drive than the Ferrari but the 330 has a higher PP which is a plus i guess. As you can tell my Avatar is biased towards the GT40. Both of them are great so good luck with either one.
 
gt40 (mk 1 or whatever) have the same sound as the Mark IV?
 
I have three '67 tickets. I just haven't gotten around to opening them to see what I get ><
 
Stock the Mark IV wins. Fully upgraded the Mark IV will still corner faster but be slower in a straight line. The XJ13 has the best of both worlds after upgrades. The '69 GT40 is just inferior in every way.
 
Stock the Mark IV wins. Fully upgraded the Mark IV will still corner faster but be slower in a straight line. The XJ13 has the best of both worlds after upgrades. The '69 GT40 is just inferior in every way.

Upgrading a $20 million dollar classic race car other than with tires is a sin :grumpy:
 
Upgrading a $20 million dollar classic race car other than with tires is a sin :grumpy:

Yeah, I like them stock too. I can always tune a Ford GT or F40 if needed.

I don't like the butt of the Ferrari, and the Ford is easier to drive for me.
 
Buy the Ford and then grind the hell out of it to get the Ferrari. They are both awesome!
 
Hey peeps, so as I continue to grind in the Special Events, I am getting close to the 20 million level. I already own the Jag, so of these two late 60's le mans cars...which should be my next purchase? thx.

I'm grinding as well (thanks for the 3x prize money in Seasonal races) in order to get the truly expensive cars. Just this week I bought the 787B and Alfa TZ2 Zagato. The Alfa is quite amazing car to drive and one of the cars that I find truly showcase the great job PD has done with GT5 FFB. The same goes for the 787B albeit it's a much harder car to drive.

Personally, I would go for the Mark IV simply because it's the iteration of what Ford has learned from the earlier GT40 project . And unlike Mk I which is British built, the Mk IV (and Mk II) is entirely American. It was actually built by Shelby and it's still up to this day the only American car to ever win the overall classification at Le Mans.
 
Back