Ford planning LeMans Return + Ford GT revival

• Thread starter Slash
  • 824 comments
I like it, even the rear portion has grew on me.

Hopefully this thing can put up a good fight at Le Mans!

10935dfgdfg199_986853381344225-54b4204fa3773.jpg

dfgdfg10935199_986853381344225-54b4204fc910c.jpg

Not bad, a bit more orange on the front should really standout.

Like so? :)

Attachments

• gulf.jpg
    gulf.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 15
Well, since you asked, I'll say it's a tricky answer. Forza got the SRT Viper first, but Gran Turismo answered back by including the C7 Corvette's test version, followed by them including the production version as the cover car of GT6. And then there's the fact that Kaz does own a Ford GT...

About this, I really like the new GT. Sure, some details aren't that particulary original, but the car looks very sleek and agressive. Despite the lack of a V8, I can understand Ford's choice, since they probably went with that to a)comply with emssion laws and b)enter the GTE class with it. Now all there's left is too see how will it do against the (tough) competition.

Bad news according to this, FORZA.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/12/7533693/forza-motorsport-6-ford-gt-naias-2015

Holy hell. Why the hell does it have those massive air ducts between the wheels and gearbox??

It might be a timed exclusive (judging by the "First in Forza" bit on the official site, sort of like the Huayra's short deal with EA), but as far as I know, T10 isn't pro-exclusives.

Holy hell. Why the hell does it have those massive air ducts between the wheels and gearbox??
The rear is shaped for aero rather than styling. It allows for more pressure recovery and less rear area at wake pressure. The comparison to Ferrari is good (though it's more the LaFerrari) except this has the advantage of being open, meaning less area with skin friction drag.

I'm not 100% sure about the exhaust placement, but other than that, wow, stunning. I love how this looks.

I'm excited to see and read about how it goes.

Couldn't be further from it.
I disagree. I think the headlights and the corner crease below them is ever-so slightly reminiscent of the Aventador.

The more i look at it, the more i like this car (would still probably choose the NSX, over it though). Certain elements of it, remind me of some concept sketches that i did back in Feb-Jan of last year, in one of the VGT threads.

(Please excuse quality of unfinished sketches) :

I really like it in the Gulf colours, thought i'd have ago of it in Photoshop. A bit similar to @Eunos_Cosmo rendition, as it definitely needs more orange (imo).

Certain elements of it, remind me of some concept sketches that i did back in Feb-Jan of last year, in one of the VGT threads.
(Please excuse quality of unfinished sketches)

Go to hell. I love those.

And your photoshop needs orange wheels.

I saw the pics at work today, but I wasn't impressed. It looks much cooler in the videos though. I like it.

Asterion, anyone?
Like a Lamborghini...
Front looks pretty good but not liking the rear. I hope they change it for production because it looks like a fibreglass kit car from the back.
...kit car.

The back has too much going on in my opinion. The previous Ford GTs were soooo sleek and smooth. :cool: No fancy schmancy aerodynamics nonsense like what the LalalaFerrari did. The front looks okay, could be simpler but the back is an absolute disaster. :yuck:

Being that the Ford GT is my favorite car I do hope it comes to GT, I've often wondered if this car would be Ford's contribution to the Vision GT category.

Back