Ford planning LeMans Return + Ford GT revival

• Thread starter Slash
  • 824 comments
T10 did the same with Ambrose returning to V8s and said they feel XBONE along with Foxtel, is the home of V8Supercars. They're trying to outshine GT when it comes to up to date cars. The way they're going, I bet T10 will try to release FM8 before PD release GT7.

T10 did the same with Ambrose returning to V8s and said they feel XBONE along with Foxtel, is the home of V8Supercars. They're trying to outshine GT when it comes to up to date cars. The way they're going, I bet T10 will try to release FM8 before PD release GT7.

Only if PD refuses to throw their hat in the ring for another 5 years. Microsoft has more weight than Sony and PD could ever hope for, and it's showing now. MS struck the deal with Ford, and the V8S series and us fans of the glorious MS are happy,

10806464_10152860660434902_5750785785497690369_n.jpg

Jonsibal's work

That's a strong statement. Do you remember dat ass?

1F34B411-A528-4C6B-87BC-8BABB84E1FB4_zpsliwsu7v1.jpg

:bowdown:

To me they looked especially magnificent without stripes:
906306_4510599044310_1331883410_o.jpg

My problem with the 2005 Ford GT is that uses the same approach to retro design as the 2005 Mustang and the VW New Beetle, namely attempting to be retro by taking a design of an old icon and simplifying it without keeping the spirit of the old car.

The original GT40 and Mustang (and Beetles) are elegant cars. The 2005 GT and Mustang are too beefy, they look heavy and slow. They're like tanks compared to the original designs.

The new Ford GT design looks elegant, it looks agile. It looks like a race car again.

A V6!? This is an American Supercar! Needs a V8. Also this concept will end up being the production car exactly, remember how closely the 2002 Concept GT resembled the 2005 production version?

Your joking! Noooooo why do forza get it!!!!! This is the best looking ford ever and It goes to the only racing game I can't play.

To be fair, Forza also got the SRT Viper and the Pagani Huayara first, and GT eventually got both of those cars. So I wouldn't call it a Forza-exclusive just yet...

To be fair, Forza also got the SRT Viper and the Pagani Huayara first, and GT eventually got both of those cars. So I wouldn't call it a Forza-exclusive just yet...
I knew about Viper (it was a free forza 4 dlc) but not the pagani. I just hope it's in Gt7 at some point. Also, a Forza 6 reveal already? FH2 only out a few months!

I'm a Chevy boy but I will still admit when I see something I like, even if it's a Ford ;). The GT is on that list. The new one looks sweet but, yeah, it needs a V8. I know Ford is on an Eco-kick right now but c'mon man... that better be one mad sounding V6, or at least have a V8 option.

I knew about Viper (it was a free forza 4 dlc) but not the pagani. I just hope it's in Gt7 at some point. Also, a Forza 6 reveal already? FH2 only out a few months!

It should be at least considered for GT7, Kaz owns two old GTs in real life and put one in the cover of GT4, if that counts for anything. Guess Turn 10 and Microsoft don't want to wait until GT7 and Project CARS get released. They're going at full speed with this, it surprised me too.

It should be at least considered for GT7, Kaz owns two old GTs in real life and put one in the cover of GT4, if that counts for anything. Guess Turn 10 and Microsoft don't want to wait until GT7 and Project CARS get released. They're going at full speed with this, it surprised me too.
And theres 3 Ford GT LM cars on GT6, I hope its in GT7, I love the Ford Gt
VXR
I've never been a massive fan, but that one with those wheels has all but converted me! Sweet looking ride.
I don't like the look of the GT without stripes, looks wrong.

If the engine is like the Daytona Ecoboost cars, the the intake should be somewhere on the back. I don't see an opening though. Maybe the holes in the tail light circles are the intake ports? Looks like a longshot. Man, I want to see this thing with the engine cover off. How the hell did they package a TTV6 in there?
Something like that. The R8 has its intakes directly under the tail lights.

My problem with the 2005 Ford GT is that uses the same approach to retro design as the 2005 Mustang and the VW New Beetle, namely attempting to be retro by taking a design of an old icon and simplifying it without keeping the spirit of the old car.

The original GT40 and Mustang (and Beetles) are elegant cars. The 2005 GT and Mustang are too beefy, they look heavy and slow. They're like tanks compared to the original designs.

The new Ford GT design looks elegant, it looks agile. It looks like a race car again.

Perhaps without context the GT looks a little large...but put it next to another car and it shrinks to impossibly gorgeous proportions...

8461893176_cb831b57b9_b.jpg

At least in my opinion. I don't like the stock wheels though.

I'm somewhat conflicted. On the one hand, Ford has finally managed to produce a true successor to the original GT40; and they did so following the design ethos of the original. It manages to evoke the concept of the cars without just copying them, like the production GT90 that never was would have. There were some truly awful rumors floating around (worst of which being a retread of the Mk IV, which was a bland design even at the time), and Ford did a great job avoiding all of them. Even the drivetrain is a great choice, since it sounds like a transfer over from the race cars Ford currently has a la LS7 which is much more in the spirit of the original car than just using a V8 because America; so it was really the best choice for a bunch of reasons even if not for outright performance (though on a related note, I definitely think it was the wrong choice for the Raptor).

On the other hand, by choosing the drivetrain they did, the car has become another battleground for people throwing around nonsense about how much better/worse it is just because it isn't a V8, as if Ford is cooler or turncoats for going against expectations. Exactly like everyone acted when the EcoBoost Mustang was announced. And we also have to deal with what will certainly be several more years of moronic advertising from Ford about how EcoBoost is God's gift to engine design so long as you ignore their actual performance compared to the engines they are supposed to be supplanting/replacing; which will just exacerbate the above (just like with the Mustang).

Last edited:
I'm somewhat conflicted. On the one hand, Ford has finally managed to produce a true successor to the original GT40; and they did so following the design ethos of the original. It manages to evoke the concept of the cars without just copying them, like the production GT90 that never was would have. There were some truly awful rumors floating around (worst of which being a retread of the Mk IV, which was a bland design even at the time), and Ford did a great job avoiding all of them. Even the drivetrain is a great choice, since it sounds like a transfer over from the race cars Ford currently has a la LS7 which is much more in the spirit of the original car than just using a V8 because America, so it was really the best choice for a bunch of reasons even if not for outright performance (though on a related note, I definitely think it was the wrong choice for the Raptor).

On the other hand, by choosing the drivetrain they did, the car has become another battleground for people throwing around nonsense about how much better/worse it is just because it isn't a V8, as if Ford is cooler or turncoats for going against expectations. Exactly like everyone acted when the EcoBoost Mustang was announced. And we also have to deal with what will certainly be several more years of moronic advertising from Ford about how EcoBoost is God's gift to engine design so long as you ignore their actual performance compared to the engines they are supposed to be supplanting/replacing; which will just exacerbate the above (just like with the Mustang).

People should remember that turbo 6 cylinders can sound....quite immense:

I'm not bothered at all that its a V6. I just wish the rear end styling wasn't so hamfisted.

The irony in this considering the 2005 car looked closer to the original race car than this one does by miles.

Then again, you also just called it heavy & slow. :lol:

Where is the irony? Race cars didn't look anything like the Ford GT in 2005 no matter what they looked like in 1965; and the entirety of Ford's retrofuturism kick did look like superficial exaggerations of cars people recognized awkwardly redone for modern standards, in the Mustang's case almost to the point of caricature (and even when new the T-bar was chewed put for it). Ford did a much better job with the GT than they did the T-Bird or Mustang (and I would say it is a real stretch to say it looked slow even if it was bloated), but that doesn't entirely factor into what he said.

Last edited:
I wish I could bathe in the butthurt over this car. Feels so good.

"Fuel efficiency in a super-car? How stupid can you get? Meow meow American Vee-Ate Meow meow 427 cubic inches."

It's almost as if lightness and fuel efficiency are great qualities in an endurance race car. But who would ever put a Ford GT(40) in an endurance race?

Back