Ford USA - Ranger and Bronco Return?

• Thread starter Slash
  • 560 comments
Wouldn't pay that...I loved my 2007 and beat the heck out of it, but no.
No, I'll buy a new one. The used ones with low mileage are so pricey, may as well get a new one. Just need to pick out which model etc.

My dad has a 2015. It's only got the 4cyl, I would want 6cyl, but I love his truck. It drives like a car. I think he payed $27.5k, but it's not a TRD.

Last edited:
No, I'll buy a new one. The used ones with low mileage are so pricey, may as well get a new one. Just need to pick out which model etc.

My dad has a 2015. It's only got the 4cyl, I would want 6cyl, but I love his truck. It drives like a car. I think he payed $27.5k, but it's not at TRD.

That's what we paid about for a v6 4x4 quad cab, back in 08. I agree it drove quite easy for a truck and still functioned like a truck when needed.

People put rediculous prices on any type of car. Just a matter of time.
I've seen mint F150s of the generation going for $20k, HD diesels for even more.

Broncos are no exception.

And people do pay for it. Just on Facebook alone, some of the groups following those gens have as many as 50,000 followers.

I've seen mint F150s of the generation going for $20k, HD diesels for even more.

Broncos are no exception.

And people do pay for it. Just on Facebook alone, some of the groups following those gens have as many as 50,000 followers.
Remember the $25k Nissan were asking for those "new" 240Zs back in the what, late 80s early '90s? I thought that was fantatstic. They were limited, but if I had the money...

A $20k Bronco 4x4, with removable rear canopy. Noone makes such a vehicle any longer(shoot, a 4Runner as well). It's a classic. Maybe I'll give it a pass, but things have changed so much. In the mid 1990s to early 2000s, I could get a good 1980s 4x4 for $500 in NY. Just because it wasn't new.

Remember the $25k Nissan were asking for those "new" 240Zs back in the what, late 80s early '90s? I thought that was fantatstic. They were limited, but if I had the money...

A $20k Bronco 4x4, with removable rear canopy. Noone makes such a vehicle any longer(shoot, a 4Runner as well). It's a classic. Maybe I'll give it a pass, but things have changed so much. In the mid 1990s to early 2000s, I could get a good 1980s 4x4 for $500 in NY. Just because it wasn't new.
Its amazing what time does. Especially the late 70s early 80s ones. Highly sought after these days, so much that people are constantly taking newer ones and swapping older front ends on.

Assuming Dana 44s, they'll probably be much stronger than the Dana 44 sitting in the back of my dad's 30 year old Jeep (spindly Dana 30 up front). I honestly forgot that those are still being made until I read the article. :lol:

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/02/14/2019-ford-ranger-spy-shots-america/

ranger-mule-003-copy-1.jpg

I thought the US would get the next gen. or heavily facelifted version. It just the old T6 that been sold to the rest of the world for past 6 years and by the time it's for sale in the US it's going to be 8 years old.
Why the wait Ford ? Why not just start selling them in the US a few years ago?

Hopefully the Bronco is not just a rebadged Everest.

It'd make sense they'd have one since they'll need to compete with the Tacoma TRD Pro and the Colorado ZR2.

I'm hoping the Ranger can strike a balance between the everyday comfort and usability the Colorado/Canyon are revered for, and the rough and tumble trail readiness the Tacoma is known for.

I'm disappointed by the features the GM twins have for off-roading and they really dont seem up for the task when compared to the Taco. I just don't want to feel like I have to pony up for the Z71 package to have confidence in the dirt.

I will be in the market for a truck in this segment in a few years and Im excited to see what Ford and Nissan bring to spice things up. Nissan's Desert Runner package is right up my alley but there's just no chance of me getting the current gen Frontier.

I have low hopes for the Bronco after seeing the new Ranger.

No sure why they felt the need to plaster "RANGER" in chrome letters across the tailgate under a blue oval. Probably because all the rest of their trucks do it now. Needless to say it's not that far off from the Colorado.

Does anyone think a truly small truck will be viable again?

What do you mean viable again? This would fit in the same class as most small size pickups, and since small size pickups are about the size of full size/regular pickups of the 90s and early 00s, it's easy to see how we'll never see the original Ranger.

Last edited:
I don’t think so, I kind of wish so though. The old S-10’s, rangers, and tiny Toyota’s of the 80’s and early 90’s are a thing of the past. My DCLB Tacoma is almost the size of a full size. The Tacoma’s now are just as big as the Tundras used to be.

My brother has a Honda Ridgeline, it’s loaded with features and pretty nice I guess, it’s kind of ugly looking though. It don’t have 🤬 on my Tacoma. 👍

Don't expect an American-ized version of the current Navara. We're not getting it.

I wasn't, I didn't even mention the Navara? I am only going on the information that stated that there would be a new Nissan to replace the Frontier at some point in the next few years.

As other's have said, there's no such thing as a small truck anymore. However, the mid-sized truck market is really starting to get its footing. The Tacoma and Colorado/Canyon are selling decently well. The Ranger will add yet another interesting twist to the market as well, especially if they sell it with a diesel option.

While folks that tow, work in contracting, or just think they need a truck just because tend to go for full-sized models, many younger people interested in outdoor activities or off-road gravitate towards mid-sized rigs.

As other's have said, there's no such thing as a small truck anymore. However, the mid-sized truck market is really starting to get its footing. The Tacoma and Colorado/Canyon are selling decently well. The Ranger will add yet another interesting twist to the market as well, especially if they sell it with a diesel option.

While folks that tow, work in contracting, or just think they need a truck just because tend to go for full-sized models, many younger people interested in outdoor activities or off-road gravitate towards mid-sized rigs.
And a damn midsized truck today is the size of a full size truck. Hell, the Colorado is about as long as the smaller Silverados and the only major difference between them is the width of the truck.

Back