Formula 1 crypto.com Miami Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 132 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
After a rather dull and derided race in Baku, F1 heads off to another circuit which styles itself as a street circuit, although at least Baku was actually on streets. The Miami circuit was not exactly praised last season, with the clunky chicane in the middle of the lap being the main offender. The circuit has been retarmacked for this season in the hope that helps increase the excitement of the race. Red Bull are still the class of the field after Baku, despite losing out in qualifying to Ferrari on pure pace. Will anyone catch up, or are we near an RB collision drama? We will find out at the MIAMI GRAND PRIX.
Screenshot_20230502-112626.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
5.412km

Race Distance
308.326 km

Lap Record
1:31.361
Max Verstappen (2022)​

I hear they are going to have real water this time. This is probably one of my most disliked races of the year, everything about it screams fakeness. At least move the race closer to the beach instead of in the middle of the suburbs.

I don't really understand the hate for the circuit, it's location is fine, the circuit layout is interesting, it has some good corners. The first GP on a new circuit is always a bit of a tricky one. They've made changes to the layout and the team's understand the circuit more so I expect a better race this time round.

I think the biggest problem is the “Miami without the Miami” aspect. Really it could be a parking lot anywhere because of the distance from the namesake city.

I think the biggest problem is the “Miami without the Miami” aspect. Really it could be a parking lot anywhere because of the distance from the namesake city.

Miami is a metropolis. I live just north of Fort Lauderdale and it's all one big city basically. Currently sitting at turn 1 for the practice session and I'm excited to see a Formula 1 car for the first time. 😁

There’s only one support series this weekend, the track will take even longer to get rubbered in. Qualy might be interesting.

Last edited:
Hooooh boy... Wait until I tell you about the San Marino Grand Prix.

And the Luxembourg Grand Prix.
And the Swiss Grand Prix of 1982.
And the Baku European Grand Prix.
And the Pacific Grand Prix that was on land.

Last edited:
Ok, so which is it?

“The fake boats and fake water are pathetic”
or
“We’re actually in Miami”

The top time in FP3 is almost 3 seconds faster than last year.

Haas seems surprisingly quick here.

Last edited:
The top time in FP3 is almost 3 seconds faster than last year.

Yeah, I was surprised by that too. New surface is doing the job. Will probably be 4 seconds faster or more in qualifying. You can stand just a few feet from the straight while wandering around the areas between grandstands and the speed in person is just incredible. The other thing I noted that's more obvious in person is just how smooth the transition between braking and accelerating is. If you couldn't hear the cars you wouldn't even be able to mark the moment they change from one to the other it's just so fluid and the cars are so stable there is next to zero weight transfer.

Last edited:
Back