FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO HEINEKEN D'ITALIA 2017Formula 1 

If only Red Bull didn't have the penalties but if they didn't change parts and get the penalties they might not have been that quick. Hmm....

Stroll will be good in the future, but he is still pretty raw.

Came to F1 too early by about 2 years but i see real talent.

Ocon is coming too.

haha a (a UK or Dutch?) reporter just said that quali in these conditions seperate the boys from the men and by the way where are the Ferrari's :scared:?
It was indeed worth the long afternoon waiting. Let's see what tomorrow brings after the grid penalty shuffle dance.

I may have essentially went back to sleep while waiting for quali to start up again, but I'm glad I was patient enough to stay in front of the tv and not go do something else. Echoing what was said earlier, I don't really know where Hamilton pulled that one out of, especially since everyone else, like Verstappen, had it in the bag! Too bad for Ferrari I suppose, although considering they were inches away from having Raikonnen driving in to another car leaving his pit box, I don't think they were having a good day. The team as a whole just mentally wasn't there I guess.

I may have essentially went back to sleep while waiting for quali to start up again, but I'm glad I was patient enough to stay in front of the tv and not go do something else. Echoing what was said earlier, I don't really know where Hamilton pulled that one out of, especially since everyone else, like Verstappen, had it in the bag! Too bad for Ferrari I suppose, although considering they were inches away from having Raikonnen driving in to another car leaving his pit box, I don't think they were having a good day. The team as a whole just mentally wasn't there I guess.
Ferrari were definitely in play in Q2. Something happened between Q2 and Q3 that took them out of running for pole.

Ferrari had no pace on the wets, they where the best though on early running with inters. Basically the opposite of Redbull.

Wouldn't surprise me if FIA gives him a penalty for an unsafe release? I hope not because especially Raikonen already has had enough bad luck over this season.

haha a (a UK or Dutch?) reporter just said that quali in these conditions seperate the boys from the men and by the way where are the Ferrari's :scared:?
It was indeed worth the long afternoon waiting. Let's see what tomorrow brings after the grid penalty shuffle dance.
The pundits always say wet conditions are a great leveller but often it just creates a bit of a lottery and whenever a driver that's regarded as good does well in wet conditions they use it to confirm their biases, if they do bad it is ignored.

Last edited:
The pundits always say wet conditions are a great leveller but often it just creates a bit of a lottery and whenever a driver that's regarded as good does well in wet conditions they use to confirm their biases, if they do bad it is ignored.

Across the first two sessions I agree. After that I think we've seen two less-well-thought of drivers outpace their far more experienced teammates in horrible conditions. Ferrari.... we know they struggle to get heat into the wets and today we either saw the full effect of that or they're banking on running a setup for tomorrow in dry conditions.

Back