Formula 1 Heineken Grande Prêmio do Brasil 2019Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 245 comments
Let's all pause for a second, because Carlos Sainz finished 4th (maybe 3rd) in a race that he started 20th! That's the stuff you expect from the big 3. NOT McLaren.

Sainz has been the unsung hero of 2019, putting in drives that would make Fernando Alonso proud. The guy has gotten overlooked so many times in his career, despite having insane talent from the start.

I hope McLaren continues to get faster, because Sainz is a World Championship caliber driver.

Let's all pause for a second, because Carlos Sainz finished 4th (maybe 3rd) in a race that he started 20th! That's the stuff you expect from the big 3. NOT McLaren.

Sainz has been the unsung hero of 2019, putting in drives that would make Fernando Alonso proud. The guy has gotten overlooked so many times in his career, despite having insane talent from the start.

I hope McLaren continues to get faster, because Sainz is a World Championship caliber driver.
I feel that at this point everyone can see the insane talent this guy has. That is, everyone except the F1 camera crew.

Then Albon was still in front, and it was Hamiltons responsibility to make the move.
I’m not arguing that. Acknowledging that it would be surprising if a penalty comes out with both drivers admitting full/some responsibility.

The only person who wins in this is potentially Sainz.

Sainz P3 after 5 sec penalty for Lewis

EJmX3YVXYAAXZx8

The Ferrari incident, for me if it's to blame a driver it should be Leclerc, if not just a racing incident. Vettel had the car 90% in front and Charles still had room, since he was behind he could judge the space better than Seb, settled behind and go for the move again on the main straight.

The Ferrari incident, for me if it's to blame a driver it should be Leclerc, if not just a racing incident. Vettel had the car 90% in front and Charles still had room, since he was behind he could judge the space better than Seb, settled behind and go for the move again on the main straight.

Vettel moved left into him from the outside. He hadn't passed Leclerc so there was nowhere for him to go. To me that's more Vettel's fault than anybody else's.

Hes under investigation for opening DRS under double waved yellows. Although Croft has just said it closed before the corner where the incident was.
Does anyone have a list of the drivers under investigation for DRS under yellow? I understand there are multiple, but don't know who

Vettel moved left into him from the outside. He hadn't passed Leclerc so there was nowhere for him to go. To me that's more Vettel's fault than anybody else's.
There was such small margin for error and it happened to end with the slightest touch ripping apart their cars.

When looking at the accident, I immediately thought of how they're making the 2021 cars more robust and reducing the amount of carbon bits and edges. There's absolutely no reason for the cars to get that violently unstable with that amount of contact.

Does anyone have a list of the drivers under investigation for DRS under yellow? I understand there are multiple, but don't know who
Yep we in NL missed that completely because Ziggo Sport was enthusiastically celebrating Max' victory...

Exactly 100%

It was a racing incident but more towards Leclerc being at fault. Seb was ahead, and the car in front always dictates the way a bit more. He moved a little which he's (entitled to) but Leclerc was still going straight.

Actually I'm surprised Leclerc gave so little room.

Leclerc moved left twice before Vettel wandered into his tyre. It's all Vettel's fault.
So every driver jigging sideways with any car along side is always in the wrong? I see this on every contested straight.

I've never heard this as a problem (other than under braking) before.

Exactly 100%

It was a racing incident but more towards Leclerc being at fault. Seb was ahead, and the car in front always dictates the way a bit more. He moved a little which he's (entitled to) but Leclerc was still going straight.

Actually I'm surprised Leclerc gave so little room.
So on a straight Leclerc was going straight and the incident is his fault? Laughable.

Dayum ferrari. This will get ugly now. I think they would force Seb out now and invest in Charles.

Great race though. Gasly and Sainz yay

How hard was it to give 5 sec pen to Ham during the race? It was clear as daylight. Poor Albon.

Sainz could have been seen on pdium..

Back