Formula 1 Rolex Magyar Nagydíj 2021

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 555 comments
5i9sht.jpg

I think Sainz just received a penalty for radio assistance on the formation lap?

Now let's be fair, he took out 3 of them, and Stroll made sure to take care of the rest.

Absolutely terrible race by Ricciardo, finishing behind Verstappen with half a car and Raikkonen with a 10 second penalty...

Can't read into it much as he had damage after being wiped out by Stroll on Lap 1.

Also Latifi now ahead of Russell in the championship... so I just want to be the first person to suggest that Latifi replaces Bottas at Mercedes... yes I'm being facetious

Last edited:
Lewis looked like he was just going to drop dead on the podium 😄 lol.....speaking of which, I get that his haters really can't stand seeing him achieving anything but I find if of really bad taste getting boos like that after he just pushed all the way....granted he did that to himself by not pitting at the start but seriously...the guy put on a show and made this race even more exciting paving the way to a new F1 Grand Prix winner, we got to see him battle Alonso and really saw him did some overtakes....heck he probably had the most overtake of the whole race....and yeah I get that he is in a Mercedes with a better pace advantage but it also wasn't as straight forward since it's so hard to overtake....despite all this and also looking like he was going to pass out he was still getting boos.....if it was me, I know that would be very demoralizing.

If Bottas did what Alonso did to secure his teammate a victory, he would have been ridiculed for it and definitely wouldn't have been given driver of the day.

Crazy when you think of it like that isn't it?

Can't read into it much as he had damage after being wiped out by Stroll on Lap 1.

Also Latifi now ahead of Russell in the championship... so I just want to be the first person to suggest that Latifi replaces Bottas at Mercedes... you know it makes sense...
Oh right, in all the chaos I only noticed one of the two McLarens.

If Bottas did what Alonso did to secure his teammate a victory, he would have been ridiculed for it and definitely wouldn't have been given driver of the day.

Crazy when you think of it like that isn't it?
I think it's actually been the other way around; that's what people have expected of Bottas, to defend against Merc's opponents to benefit Lewis and they just cruise by him leading to ridicule.

Last edited:
Oh right, in all the chaos I only noticed one of the two McLarens.
Stroll's effort - missing his brake point and then deciding to change direction and aim for the grass at the inside of T1, eliminating himself and Leclerc and spinning/damaging Ricciardo - was even clumsier than that of Bottas.

He got off lightly in terms of media and commentary focus.
There’s not enough punishment to Bottas.
Disgusting.
It was a mistake in difficult conditions with unfortunate results. That penalty is okay I think. It's not like he has a record like 2012 Grosjean which eventually warranted a race ban.

Last edited:
Saw podium with a slight delay. Lewis really looked exhausted? Hope he is ok.
Rivalry between racers and us supporters is ok but health is #1. No matter if you want someone to win or loose.

That seriously did not look good.

Edit:

1627834715007.png

Last edited:
Rivalry between racers and us supporters is ok but health is #1. No matter if you want someone to win or loose.

That seriously that did not look good.
Seeing the team doctor, fatigue and dizziness.

Edit* Couple comments elsewhere saying Lewis may not have had any drink available during the race.

Last edited:
t was a mistake in difficult conditions with unfortunate results. That penalty is okay I think. It's
It’s just like GT Sport. End multiple guys races with a massive first turn punt-get 1.5 seconds.
From overhead it looks as if Bottas aimed at Verstappen.

Last edited:

That seriously that did not look good.

Edit:

View attachment 1071520
I was sure he was about to pass out. Looked really bad. Couldn't even lift his trophy at the end.

Most exciting race in a long, long time. Was really hoping for a Seb victory but was happy for Ocon and the team. Superb to see a double points finish for Williams. Alonso was truly on fire today - proof he definitely has still got it, that defending was exemplary. I think Mick Schumacher also deserves a mention - some very, very impressive stuff his dad would be proud of today. Shame he couldn't stay in the points but unsurprising really given how truly awful the Haas is.

Impressive stuff from Hamilton and some phenomenal manoeuvres but let's face facts, his car was ludicrously faster than the other ones up top. It kind of sums up how uneven F1 is in terms of car performance. I'd have liked to have seen him pull of the same in an Aston Martin or Alpine. Don't buy all the conspiracy theories about the Merc crash - seemed like a silly mistake to me. I imagine Toto's not upset about it though. Really think Marko should keep quiet - him saying it was okay for people to boo Hamilton was beyond embarrassing.

Really hope Lewis is okay health wise - dizziness and fatigue can be Covid symptoms but he's probably just exhausted after a crazily intense drive.

Last edited:
Great race big congrats to Esteban I'm delighted for him.

Terrible from Bottas, Lewis starting the race on his own was one of the strangest thing I have ever seen in F1.

Great day for Williams with both Latifi and Russell in the points.

Just saw the results, shame to see Max fall apart.
Less Max himself and more the car.
What's the points like?
I don't think you can really blame Verstappen for a poor result when he was wiped out at the start and only made the second start through judicious use of duct tape. It was surprising he could even continue, and even then he was missing a bargeboard (which generates a significant amount of downforce as it channels air over the sidepods towards the rear wing) in his taped-together car.

Even a point is a good result.

Edit: Vettel summoned to the stewards for his choice of podium anthem attire :lol: Top trolling.

Last edited:
Back